July 23, 2014 | 2007 users online

Scrubs - LUSH - Ocean Salt

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2009 12:45:00 AM More reviews by cchien

too harsh for my face. but i use it as a body scrub. smells zesty.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/29/2009 12:43:00 AM More reviews by binita24

When I read all the reviews on MUA, I was sooo impressed with the product and thought I should give it a go. Unfortunately, I was extremly disappointed (thankfully I got sample from store and not the whole jar).
It does feel very refreshing on skin, however it texture it very coarse and feels like rubbing sand papers on your skin. For sensitive skin people, I would not at all recommend this scrub.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/28/2009 7:45:00 PM More reviews by loveblush

From reading all the great reviews this product was getting I really thought I would love it; however, that unfortunately didn't happen. The salt granules in this scrub were really thick and coarse, and for this reason did not properly exfoliate my face. Perhaps this would be more effective if used as a body scrub. I have been using this product for 3 weeks (once a week), and have gotten a cystic pimple the day after using it every time. I think this happened due to the residue the product left on my skin. The ladies at Lush will tell you that you don't have to use a cleanser with this, but honestly, I think you should because it does not clean your skin, and therefore leaves behind its essential oils mixed with your makeup and sebum. Yuck!
I also did not like the scent of this because it was too alcoholic. It made me feel like I was scrubbing a homemade mixture of Absolut vodka, coarse sea salt, and a couple of drops of lime on my face.
Definitely not worth the money!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2009 12:31:00 AM More reviews by colorme

This is a product I think I will not be able to live without. The smell of this is so much like a beach/spa...I always joke to my hubby when I use it that I am going on a quick vacation. It truly smells divine! I also could not believe how smooth..smooth..smooth it left my face. I literally could not stop touching my face after using it. I know some people do not like the sea salt texture on their face-but oh my I LOVE IT! I feel like it really is getting the grit out and buffing away all the dead skin....and from the look and feel after I use it-that is just what it is doing. I have quite large pores on my nose-and was shocked to see them diminish in appearance from two uses of this. Please try this product!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2009 6:00:00 PM More reviews by Belle88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love the smell, texture and packaging of Ocean Salt, it does the job very well, my skin is always soft and flake free afterwards if a little sore as the scrubbing is quite intense.
I use this only once a week on a sunday night as my skin goes quite red after use, and doing it before bed leaves my skin time to recover before the next day. Monday morning, my foundation (Estee Lauder Double Wear) applys PERFECTLY. I used to get a few obviously flaky bits but no more! Using this once a week has improved my skin greatly, but I don't think this is down to the actual product, more exfoliating in general as I never really bothered with it before. It is moderately expensive at over 10, but the tub is large and you only need a very small amount of Ocean Salt to have a very good effect. I am unsure about whether to repurchase this, but as I have only been using it for 5 weeks or so, I'll keep on using it until I run out. In the meantime I'll be searching for a slightly cheaper alternative!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2009 3:49:00 PM More reviews by Nkruythoff

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Made my skin feel incredibly soft and smooth. I can feel the moisturizers in it as I use it. I haven't tried it on my face, I don't know if I will be brave enough because my skin is so sensitive and is acne prone at times. I love it as a body scrub though.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2009 11:29:00 AM More reviews by apieceofpeace

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!!!

Hands down, the best scrub I've ever used, not to mention the best LUSH product I've ever used! My ultra sensitive skin usually has a fit when I use a scrub... I took a chance and tried this one and am SO glad I did! I use it every other day or so and my pores look so much better than they used to. My boyfriend can't stop 'petting' my face while we lie in bed or on the couch watching a movie... he doesn't even realize he's doing it!
This is the first scrub that does it all... exfoliation and cleansing with just enough moisture.
I also get a little breakout on my chest area, and this has really helped there too. I really love the smell- I know some people don't, but it reminds me of vacation on a beach in Cabo! Am not so thrilled when I accidentally get some into my mouth... it is like the first time you jumped into the ocean and didn't know to keep your mouth tightly closed! SURPRISE! Oh well, small price to pay for beautiful skin.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2009 2:10:00 AM More reviews by letsdolunchh

I LOVE OCEAN SALT! This is great everywhere. SERIOUSLY! I use it on my face every other day to keep my pores clean and face bright and shiny! Its better than apricot and sugar scrubs for sure. I also use it on my hands/feet along with Lemony Flutter to keep my paws soft and young looking ; ) I don't know what I did before Ocean Salt was part of my regimen.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2009 6:09:00 PM More reviews by tatsky2

Ocean Salt Scrub from LUSH is a must-have for me. I have combination skin with oily T zone, clogged pores and occasional breakouts. I use this scrub twice a week and love it! First of all, please remember to stir your scrub before using it - the blue layer on top of the newly opened pot is very harsh and you MUST mix it with the white cream that lays beneath. Second, if you feel that the salt is too rough on your skin, work it in your hands with a bit of water to break down the salt crystals. Also consider applying some kind of oil on your face prior to scrubbing with Ocean Salt - oil based cleanser like Ultra Bland, Babyface or Sweet Japanese Girl from LUSH work great! My face has never felt clearer, softer and more glowing EVER!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2009 12:01:00 AM More reviews by kimicooks

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this as a face scrub. It might be kind of harsh for some people but I like it because it really makes my face soft and it feels clean.