April 20, 2014 | 1678 users online

Scrubs - LUSH - Ocean Salt

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2009 11:12:00 AM More reviews by daphneannigje

i would recommend this for oily or normal skin. it is a heavy scrub that cleanses intensely. i have combination skin (at the moment :)) and i can use it no more than twice a week. too heavy for sensitive or dry skin. i like the smell and feel really clean after using it. overall a good buy if you are looking for some serious scrubbing!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2009 2:10:00 PM More reviews by RainWitch

First of all, everyone who uses this scrub should know you MUST mix it up before hand!!!! That blue stuff you see when you first buy it? That's pure salt guys. Scrub pretty much anything with that and of course it'll burn. Once you mix it, it should be a creamy green colour.

You don't need very much of this, just rub it gently over your face. It'll moisturise as well as scrub because of the avocado butter.

Of course it's expensive, but think peoplew, it's expensive because of the natural stuff inside, not the fancy packaging! Plus, a little tub will last forever, and you can use it all over your body.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2009 4:09:00 AM More reviews by fear__loathing

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So people are saying that this product has too big of salt granuals.. personally I found that you need to take a bit and then to add warm water to it in your hands to dissolve the pieces a bit before you apply to your face.. all in all I love love this scrub my skin looks beautiful afterwards, I only hope that it is not scratching and doing damage.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2009 11:06:00 PM More reviews by ItsAmyFreak

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Hello my friends :D

I'm reviewing a LUSH Product today. Unfortunatly, not enough people know about LUSH, so I'm gonna try and spread the word. ;]
I found out about the Lush Company through a video by, someone a lot of you are familiar with, Leesha [a.k.a. xsparkage]. When I realized there is a Lush on Powel Street in San Francisco, I was eager to experiance Lush for myself. And the second I walked in the store, people were there to welcome me, and gave me free samples of many items. One of the samples they gave me was the "Ocean Salt" scrub.

Its a very fresh, clean smelling product, and has a mixture of Vodka, Lime, Coconut, and a few other things [i forget]. Its quite rough, because it has sea salt in it. But It leaves your skin uber-soft, and is definatly good at getting foundation off your skin. What I usually do, after I scrub, Is spray my face with Fix+ [M.A.C]. It leaves my skin feeling fresh and smooth.

Overall, this product will most-def be purchased again by me.

Thanks a lot :]
-Amy <3

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2009 7:12:00 PM More reviews by serrabird

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is criminal stuff, I cannot believe people are actually raving about this scrub. You could also scrub your face with floor brush and rave about the pain?! I like many Lush products and am mad about their masks, but this is bad, overpriced, not so natural if you read the ingredients and is actually damaging on the skin. You are not scrubbing your skin with those coarse salt particles, but actually scratching and causing inflammation. My specialist warned me that I should only use synthetic finely rolled particles or microdermabrasion and never ever coarse sugar or salt. She even showed me magnified pictures of different skins after exfoliation with different products and believe me they look like deep cat scratchings. In the long term people who use harsh products like this actually laying the basis for a badly damaged, scarred skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2009 10:03:00 AM More reviews by sandfa5

Okay so first the bad stuff...the container is pretty small for the price and it's hella expensive but omg this is HG quality stuff!! I don't remember the last time my skin felt so smooth. Like I said the container is small but you don't really need too much. I used it on my face as was really impressed with the results (though I had a cold and the skin around my nose was raw from blowing it so much so that burnt like a b**ch when the scrub touched it but hey...it was literally salt in an open wound so i let it slide...i will continue using this and will def repurchase...wouldn't use more than once/twice a week bc it's kind of abrasive (plus did i mention expensive?)...i'd also slather my body in this stuff but i think i'd need the whole damn tub to cover myself

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2009 8:22:00 PM More reviews by ianastar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So great. An intense scrub so good that it hurts. I use once a week to help the texture of my skin...great for really cleaning down to remove dead skin cells....and help to prevent breakouts.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2009 5:46:00 PM More reviews by pumkinpie88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

lush products are overpriced in general, so it gets a 4/5... but i do love this. i don't use it on my face because i think it would be suicidal. i use it on my body, particularly my back since i get acne from time to time. it's of course, awesome!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2009 11:52:00 PM More reviews by honeybees

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wow. I'm surprised by all the people saying "AGH IT CUT MY FACE OPEN. BURNS BURNSSS"... really? Did we buy the same thing? Because I LOVE this. I have normal/dryish sensitive skin. I mixed up the jar before my shower and applied a quarter size to my wet face and did light circular motions. It felt NO different than any other quality scrub. It did however, start to MILDLY burn, because I had about 3 little blemishes that were healing near my jaw. Salt will burn any kind of not perfect surface, so. But it definitely wasn't awful and I left it on as a mask for another 8 minutes....... When I got out of the shower my face was glowing. No jokes. It sloughed off all the dead stuff and I was kinda shiny! Like squeeky clean shiny. Slabbed on some moisture and I was good to go! My makeup goes on amazingly after I use this. As for smell, smells like a margarita mixed with gasoline. But I dont appreciate any of the lush smells in general.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2009 1:41:00 PM More reviews by missdollymix

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I heard alot of good things about this product and when I went into the store the girl told me that it was their best seller. I figured since most of the other Lush products impressed me I'd buy this one. First of all I really liked the smell, it was really fresh and almost fruity. However, It's too harsh for my face! It leaves my skin stinging and really red. For me this only works as a body scrub, but even then it can only be used sparingly. I probably wouldnt buy this product again considering the price and how it effects my skin as well.