November 24, 2014 | 1509 users online

Scrubs - LUSH - Ocean Salt

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2009 5:28:00 PM More reviews by Panther4011

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought a small pot of this because it is super expensive and I love the way it made my face feel. I like the coarse salt but if it's too scratchy I just apply it on wet skin and it minimizes the size of the grains. I ended up buying the big tub because it works great for all over the body, especially with summer on the way. I'm a fan of the salty, sour smell and ever the salty taste when it get's in your mouth. The great thing about this scrud is that even though it is made with salt, it does not dry out your skin because of the avocado oil and it doesn't leave it greasy or the shower floor slippery like other scrubs I have tried.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2009 8:09:00 PM More reviews by bellasera973

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I use Ocean Salt in the shower, on my chest/elbows/legs, AFTER i use my regular body wash.

The salt crystals are really huge, so just be careful when "scrubbing." I used this on my face once, it left my face feeling tight and itchy, so I'm not sure I'd ever use it again on my FACE, but it is a nice exfoliate for the body.

When I was at the Lush store, the girl mixed "Ocean Salt" with "Creamed Almond and Coconut Shower Smoothie".. this combo was AMAZING. Unfortunately, they were all sold out of the Shower Smoothie, but I would STRONGLY recommend this combination!

Ocean salt can run you about $33, so yeah, it's definitely more expensive than stuff you can buy at your local grocery store.. and no, it's not worth the hefty price tag. You could easily make this stuff at home :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2009 5:27:00 PM More reviews by ebrome

I am on my second jar of this! I have roseace and was scared to try it, but it has actualy improved the texture and appearance of my face. This product must be mixed prior to be used and I always wet my face in the shower before applying. It can be salty if it gets in your mouth, but overall I love this product!!! My husband have even started using it now.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2009 11:57:00 PM More reviews by jj2629

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is one of my favourite products from LUSH. I have bumpy skin on parts of my face and this scrub has made my skin baby smooth. It can be a little rough, the first time I used it I applied too much pressure and it kind of stung. The salt does all the work so you donít have to press hard to get the best results. I also found that if you put too much water on your face or body the salt will melt almost right away, youíre going to want to apply this on damp skin not dripping wet. Finally, a little goes a long way, you really donít need to use much. I just scoop out about a quarter size amount and it covers my whole face with some to spare. All in all I love this product and will continue to buy it.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/28/2009 11:17:00 AM More reviews by Leslie2877

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am always looking for a good exfoliant, so when I saw this in the LUSH store, I thought I'd try it out. I guess it's supposed to be a face scrub, but I used it on my body too. I loved the way it exfoliated my face. What I did not love is all of the little fine bumps that appeared after I used it. Apparently some ingredient doesn't agree with me. I think it may be that the lime is too harsh. It works okay as a body scrub, but I have other scrubs that work way better. :/

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2009 12:41:00 PM More reviews by karlayvonne

omg this scrub is awesome!! it smells sooo good!! i do not have sensitive skin so i used it on my face. it felt very nice. this is a great exfoliator. it left my skin so soft afterwards. once it dried up my skin did not feel oily at all. i have oily and acne prone skin and i did not get any break outs. my skin looks allot more even toned. i love this stuff!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2009 1:23:00 AM More reviews by Shadow_Witch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

First thing I do upon opening a brand new jar of Ocean Salt is stir it really well with a brand new tongue depressor until it is a beautiful aqua colour.... This is one of my 'can't live without' LUSH products. I have dry, sensitive skin prone to milia, some blackheads, and visible pores. I use Ocean Salt to exfoliate every other day opposite MaMa Lotion or glycolic acid peel. The salt sometimes stings a little, but not enough to bother me. My skin looks radiant. I don't find it too coarse because I do mix it thoroughly and the fragrance is very refreshing. HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2009 5:54:00 PM More reviews by LanaPalooza

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ahhh..Ocean Salt. I'm in love. Some people don't like the way it smells...but I'm in love! The color, the texture, the smell...what it does for my skin- It's wonderful! I usually use this every other day...or even just twice a week after my normal cleansing routine. It leaves my face super soft & smooth. I sometimes use this on my elbows and knees in the shower. Don't forget to mix up the jar before using! This is definitely a repurchase :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2009 9:07:00 PM More reviews by Cindyrella23

I had walk passed by this Lush shop for years n only went inside it last month after reading reviews from MUA. I was also with my best friend who came for holiday n she was telling me how much she likes their natural products and their soap bars. Anyway i decided to try the Ocean Salt based on some of the reviews here. The SA put some creamy salt on my hand and i thought it felt a little coarse from huge sea salt. However after she washes my hair, i can really feel how smooth my skin was. I decided to purchase it n i used it when i got home. I really didn't like it that i had to stick my fingers in it to first mix it. I also felt llike the small tub is pricey because i felt like the salt dissolves easily before i can scrub my skin further. I also let my bf try with a loofah sponge and he really likes it thou he said the lime smell is very strong. The salt doesn't feel as coarse as i thought it might be because once u lather it with water it gets smaller although u do not wanna step on the bits of salt that falls onto the floor when u scrubing it on ur skin. I HIGHLY DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS TO PEOPLE WITH 'SENSITIVE' SKIN OR USE IT ON THEIR FACE.
Because the SA said its for bath but some ppl can use it for both: I do like the smell thou it reminds me of magarita or gimlet: yum.

the reason i won't repurchase this again anytime soon is because i wanna try other products

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2009 8:04:00 PM More reviews by blueangel1023

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have to say this was the 1st LUSH product I purchased. When the lady in the store did a demo on my hand, I definitely felt the smoothness and my skin felt brighter (healthy looking) and I was sold on this Ocean salt.

Been using it for about 2 wks now and it works great for me! My skin used to be oily/combo but for some reason changed to dry/flaky. After using this on my face, I definitely felt smoother skin. the dryness is almost gone, and the places where I had a few pimples on my chin is gradually fading. I'm assuming the alcohol from the vodka zapped it up (lol) I use this on my body as well, and I'm loving the exfoliation! It's not rough on my skin at all. After scrubbing for 20 seconds, the salts seem to melt onto your skin. If you ladies feel that the salt is too rough for you, I suggest lather it up with your hands 1st with a little water before applying it where you want it to.

Wasn't too keen on the smell at first since I'm used to fruity scents, but after awhile I took a liking to it. The citrus/lemony scent kind of destresses me in the shower. Would definitely buy again and recommend.

The only con of this product is the pricing (I took away 1 pt for that) or else I would've given this a 5. Another things is the packaging. I wish they can have it come in a dispenser, so I won't have to constantly dig my hangs into the jar!