September 1, 2014 | 1925 users online

Scrubs - LUSH - Ocean Salt

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2009 8:04:00 PM More reviews by blueangel1023

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have to say this was the 1st LUSH product I purchased. When the lady in the store did a demo on my hand, I definitely felt the smoothness and my skin felt brighter (healthy looking) and I was sold on this Ocean salt.

Been using it for about 2 wks now and it works great for me! My skin used to be oily/combo but for some reason changed to dry/flaky. After using this on my face, I definitely felt smoother skin. the dryness is almost gone, and the places where I had a few pimples on my chin is gradually fading. I'm assuming the alcohol from the vodka zapped it up (lol) I use this on my body as well, and I'm loving the exfoliation! It's not rough on my skin at all. After scrubbing for 20 seconds, the salts seem to melt onto your skin. If you ladies feel that the salt is too rough for you, I suggest lather it up with your hands 1st with a little water before applying it where you want it to.

Wasn't too keen on the smell at first since I'm used to fruity scents, but after awhile I took a liking to it. The citrus/lemony scent kind of destresses me in the shower. Would definitely buy again and recommend.

The only con of this product is the pricing (I took away 1 pt for that) or else I would've given this a 5. Another things is the packaging. I wish they can have it come in a dispenser, so I won't have to constantly dig my hangs into the jar!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2009 3:32:00 PM More reviews by HollyScott

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favourite product by Lush. I use it every other day on my face and body. My skin has never felt softer! I have a few spots that my skin is kind of rough. After using Ocean Salt, they are barely noticeable. When I think of an exfoliator, I think that it will leave my skin dry and tight, but Ocean Salt doesn't do that at all. It leaves my skin soft and smooth and feeling moisturized.

I think the key to Ocean Salt is how wet your skin is. I like to use it with damp skin. If you have more sensitive skin or you want less exfoliation use it with more water.

CONS: Price, I use up one of the larger tubs every few weeks and at $30 cdn, it gets kind of pricey. I really don't like having to stir it when I first get it. I overlook these things because of how great the stuff works.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2009 9:35:00 PM More reviews by TheRedDeluge

So I received a general sample of this and have been using it every other day. It works quite well as a facial scrub and has cleared my pores and polished my skin.

Just remember not to push hard when scrubbing. I gently push it around on my skin. Sometimes it stings when it gets on my lips but I still like it.

The scent is ok to me but not wonderful.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2009 9:52:00 PM More reviews by Markee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was hoping this product would unclog my pores since it's texture is pretty rough, but it didn't, I haven't found any product yet that unclogs my gross pores on my nose. I use this on my face, but I didn't notice an improvement of my skin, I guess it does exfoliate, but it can be really rough so I can't imagine someone with sensitive skin using it. I do however love the smell, I think it is kind of masculin, but I love it.

Update- I've been using this with no added water and it works much better and actually does help unclog some of my pores and makes my face so soft but I have to use it harshly to get these results but I might buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2009 3:05:00 AM More reviews by SourPunkGrrL

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Kind of pricey for a pot of creamy salt. Even when I used it in the shower it still burned my face. I tried using it on my body but I found it just melted away and didn't really do anything....meh.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2009 12:45:00 AM More reviews by cchien

too harsh for my face. but i use it as a body scrub. smells zesty.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/29/2009 12:43:00 AM More reviews by binita24

When I read all the reviews on MUA, I was sooo impressed with the product and thought I should give it a go. Unfortunately, I was extremly disappointed (thankfully I got sample from store and not the whole jar).
It does feel very refreshing on skin, however it texture it very coarse and feels like rubbing sand papers on your skin. For sensitive skin people, I would not at all recommend this scrub.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/28/2009 7:45:00 PM More reviews by loveblush

From reading all the great reviews this product was getting I really thought I would love it; however, that unfortunately didn't happen. The salt granules in this scrub were really thick and coarse, and for this reason did not properly exfoliate my face. Perhaps this would be more effective if used as a body scrub. I have been using this product for 3 weeks (once a week), and have gotten a cystic pimple the day after using it every time. I think this happened due to the residue the product left on my skin. The ladies at Lush will tell you that you don't have to use a cleanser with this, but honestly, I think you should because it does not clean your skin, and therefore leaves behind its essential oils mixed with your makeup and sebum. Yuck!
I also did not like the scent of this because it was too alcoholic. It made me feel like I was scrubbing a homemade mixture of Absolut vodka, coarse sea salt, and a couple of drops of lime on my face.
Definitely not worth the money!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2009 12:31:00 AM More reviews by colorme

This is a product I think I will not be able to live without. The smell of this is so much like a beach/spa...I always joke to my hubby when I use it that I am going on a quick vacation. It truly smells divine! I also could not believe how smooth..smooth..smooth it left my face. I literally could not stop touching my face after using it. I know some people do not like the sea salt texture on their face-but oh my I LOVE IT! I feel like it really is getting the grit out and buffing away all the dead skin....and from the look and feel after I use it-that is just what it is doing. I have quite large pores on my nose-and was shocked to see them diminish in appearance from two uses of this. Please try this product!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2009 6:00:00 PM More reviews by Belle88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love the smell, texture and packaging of Ocean Salt, it does the job very well, my skin is always soft and flake free afterwards if a little sore as the scrubbing is quite intense.
I use this only once a week on a sunday night as my skin goes quite red after use, and doing it before bed leaves my skin time to recover before the next day. Monday morning, my foundation (Estee Lauder Double Wear) applys PERFECTLY. I used to get a few obviously flaky bits but no more! Using this once a week has improved my skin greatly, but I don't think this is down to the actual product, more exfoliating in general as I never really bothered with it before. It is moderately expensive at over 10, but the tub is large and you only need a very small amount of Ocean Salt to have a very good effect. I am unsure about whether to repurchase this, but as I have only been using it for 5 weeks or so, I'll keep on using it until I run out. In the meantime I'll be searching for a slightly cheaper alternative!