February 27, 2015 | 2041 users online

Scrubs - LUSH - Ocean Salt

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2009 11:31:00 PM More reviews by coldwarkid

I used to have good skin, so much so that my friends would often comment how much they envy it. Unfortunately, this good "fortune" didn't last because after high school, I started getting zits...all the time. I would usually have them for a week before they go and then it would take a few months before another would pop out. The stress of college life probably took its toll because I started getting them a lot. One would "die" and then another would come out! I hated it. I now have dark spots all over my chin which look really hideous, (for me anyway). It is very noticeable because now I need to apply foundation all over my face. Gone are the days where I can just concentrate on spot correcting a pimple. Anyway, like all girls before me, I tried everything. I used this and that. Bought high end and cheap but they never really helped in diminishing the appearance of the dreaded "dark spots". I now use The Body Shop Green Tea and so far it hasn't really broken me out. But that's about it. It calmed my skin but did nothing to erase the scars. It was then that I finally decided to purchase Ocean Salt. I wished I have done it sooner, because this product is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. Some are complaining about the "salt scrub' but it didn't really bother me that much, I actually like the texture. And..I love the smell. The packaging doesn't really bother me. I like tubs and jars so maybe that was a factor. The best way to use this is just before you step out of the shower. In this way, your skin is already super soft and prepped for some serious exfoliation. As for the results, the dark spots on my chin are still there but is slowly fading away. It is still there, but then I only have had this for a few months so that's a testament that it is working. I actually waited this long before I posted a review. I hated gushing the awesomeness of a product only to find out a few months later that it totally wreaked havoc on my skin. One last note, I used this black pearl soap offered by a colleague at work, which according to her was good for dark spots, I decided to give it a try and I suddenly developed a zit. Thank god for ocean salt cause otherwise I would have added another mark on the roster of dark spots on my chin.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2009 1:04:00 AM More reviews by brassdancer

I LOVE this stuff :) I normally would never spend so much on a scrub, but I will from now on! I have to admit, the price is pretty steep, but it works. The scent is so amazing, I love how it smells like a margarita and how citrusy it is. The consistency is great, I love the creamyness of the scrub. If this were in a tube container I would have given it a 5 for packaging, but YES I know LUSH is all for being environmentally friendly, so I will give them that. It would just be a lot easier to use in the shower for me personally if it were to come in a tube. Use this with AOBS on occasion, its FABULOUS! :D

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2009 11:20:00 AM More reviews by MakeUp4Fun

This scrub is great to use as a mood booster because the smell is sooo invigorating and citrusy. But it doesn't improve the health of my skin. It's good to use solely for a little indulgence in the shower. I love the smell. The texture is a bit grainy, and if you have torn skin, it'll sting like hell because it's sea salt. It doesn't really scrub away flakiness. My skin does feel soft after rinsing it off, but i think it's because the scrub itself is a bit harsh.... anything i touch after i touch this scrub would be soft. I also think the price is a bit high. And i'm not loving the packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2009 3:30:00 AM More reviews by KBujold

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS STUFF! I use it 3-4x a week on my face to exfoliate and it leaves it feeling like a baby's bum. The only downfall I always ends up getting a little limey taste in my mouth lol Will buy again and again

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2009 4:44:00 PM More reviews by LauraMichelle1515

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I broguht this in the small tub about a week ago for 5.85. Been using it every nice to remove make up and general everyday grime. Its been amazing. Not had any break outs since i started using it. One things about this scrub is its NASTY if you get it in your mouth which is almost 100% Guaranteed, but i can live with that.
Makes my skin baby smooth and the small pot is great for travelling.
The smell is gorgeous and the scrub just makes my skin feel super clean. Would definatly recommend especially to people with acne prone skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2009 10:35:00 AM More reviews by JulesGrey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is sold as a facial scrub, but I use it as a body scrub and as such nothing I've tried up to date has been as good (plan on mixing up my own sea salt scrub, though, since it is a bit on the pricey side).

Applied on dry skin before shower with damp exfoliation gloves, this leaves my body absolutely silky soft and it does help minimising razor bumps if used before shaving.

If it was not for the price, I would definitely say this is my HG scrub, since not only does it not dry out your skin and makes it soft, but it smells amazing too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2009 11:50:00 PM More reviews by VictrixObsequens

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

LOVE this stuff. The smell is amazing. There are large grains of salt in it so if you have very sensitive skin I would be careful with it. However, my face is really soft after I use this stuff. It's a little pricey but it's such a good product. I usually put a little (size of quarter or less) in my hand and add just a little bit of water and then rub it all over my face. I will definitely be buying this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2009 8:52:00 PM More reviews by esmereldaskysurfer

I have horrible skin. Dry in patches, oily in patches and if im not REALLY careful about moisturizing i literally get huge flakey patches of skin that are really obvious and horrible looking.

With this in mind, i was looking for a hardcore scrub that didnt smell really disgusting (im really picky about smells, especially on my face). A friend recommended Ocean Salt, and after my first try i was hooked. The scrub smells fab (kinda a salty, lime and vodka smell, but not hardcore alcohol-y), you can limit how harsh a scrub it is by rubbing it on your hands a little to reduce the size of the salt chunks, or you can apply it directly to your face for a really deep scrub. It washes off easily, the salt dissolves down the drain without clogging it up with chunks, and it leaves your skin REALLY clean. I wouldnt recommend using this every day, because i think it would hurt your skin being used too often, but i use it once a week and i have no problems.

The only thing i dont much care for is it is a little messy to apply, you really have to lean over the sink to avoid pieces falling all over the bathroom.

I'm on my second pot of this, and it is definitely one of my staples!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2009 12:29:00 PM More reviews by deepmakeup

I purchased this product about a month ago and i must say that this is the best scrub i have found and will probably stick to it. I've tried MAC, Clinique's 7 day scrub and St ives but this one works wonders. It's a bit harsh on first contact but once you work it through it feels like it's taking out all the day's dirt and grime and leaves my skin super soft like a baby's bottom:) It smells like clean kinda like men's shaving cream. But i love the blue color and the smell and of course what it does to my face.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2009 12:51:00 AM More reviews by triniloveyxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like the smell of this, very limey and fresh. I was surprised my skin could handle this once a day. Worked really well and left my face glowing. The only downer is that its super expensive ($33 a tub).