LUSH Ocean Salt

Fine Sea Salt (Sodium Chloride), Fresh Grapefruit Infusion (Citrus grandis), Coarse Sea Salt (Sodium Chloride), Stearic Acid, Fresh Lime Extracted in Vodka (Citrus aurantifolia), Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Glycol Cetearate, Triethanolamine, Fresh Avocado Butter (Persea gratissima), Coconut Fat (Cocos nucifera), Lime Oil (Citrus aurantifolia), Seaweed Absolute (Fucus vesiculosus), Violet Leaf Absolute (Viola odorata), Glycerine, Lanolin, Cetearyl Alcohol, *Limonene, *Linalool, Perfume, FD&C Blue No. 1, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

on 8/29/2009 2:02:00 PM

Great scent, but not a product for me. The salt crystals can get a bit scratchy for sensitive or dry skin, and you could easily make a similar scrub with salt or sugar, and a carrier oil.

on 8/29/2009 7:19:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I wear mineral makeup, which means I need to stay on top of the dry patch situation, and Lush's Ocean Salt does just that - gently. Normally, one would not use *salt scrub* and *gently* in the same sentence, however, this scrub is versatile - for a stronger scrub, use it straight out of the container. For a softer scrub, add a few drops of water, or moisturizer for creamy, and you'll be able to control the strength.

I have found no better scrub to remove dead skin without chemicals, scratching or, the worst thing, feeling like I haven't scrubbed anything off at all.

on 8/25/2009 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product about three months ago and it is pretty amazing! I had some pretty severe acne scars on my face but now, they are getting better! I still have them but my sephora mineral foundation does the trick. Ocean salt definitely helped a lot! The girl who worked there was nice and she remembers me everytime I go back in there.

I got the large tub and it has been around three months and I use it twice a day as a cleanser for my face, or sometimes an exfoliater. It's not even half done yet! It is totally worth the 30 bucks!

on 8/24/2009 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

First off I have to say I have extremely sensitive skin and got this as a sample with another lush purchase. The SA warned me not to use it on my face, but to use it on my elbows, feet etc. It's been sitting on my bathroom counter for weeks now and tonight I thought I'm going to just put a little bit on a zit and see what happens. It was great! So I started putting this gently on my entire face and rinsed it off. My face felt wonderful and no irritation! My skin felt smooth and refreshed, I even talked my DH into letting me try it on his face! He said he actually liked it too! I definately will be purchasing this one!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

So far I absolutely love this scrub. I've had bad results with every scrub I've ever tried, including st ives, one by avalon organics, kiss my face, and some others i'm sure. But so far this one really does seem to be helping my acne. It's fun to use as well. The sea salt sits on top of the blue cream, and it's very pretty. It is pretty abrasive; my skin actually stings a bit when I use this. The smell is pleasant, and overall it's a pleasurable experience. Some of the chunks of salt are big, but you can easily crush them between your fingers as you're using it. I use this after removing makeup with ultrabland. It's a scrub, but my skin is ultra soft after use. I use this twice a day. I definitely enjoy using it and my skin has responded well. Feels amazing after use: extremely soft and smooth. A small pot of this will last a long time, you don't need much. Very glad I decided to try this. UPDATE: my skin has been breaking out a lot more since using this, and i've grown tired of using salt on my face. seems wrong somehow. oh well.

on 8/23/2009 9:12:00 AM

This product works wonders on certain scars on your face. What I did was (wash my face with fresh farmacy) let it dry for a bit and then when my skin was totally dry I rubbed this onto my face like a mask, focusing on areas that have a lot of scarring from acne or discoloration from the sun, put on an eye mask (so none of the salt bits would get into my eye) and went to sleep. By morning, some (not all) of my acne scars were gone. I am going to keep doing this on the rest of my scars and hope for a miracle.

on 8/22/2009 10:33:00 AM

I am never without a pot of LUSH Ocean Salt. This is always one of the first things that goes into my travel bag. I've been using this once every week or ten days for a few years now, it's that good. My husband loves it, too.

Ocean Salt comes in a black pot- collect 5 and bring them back to LUSH for a free fresh face mask. The product consists of large grains of salt in a blue paste. You have to stick your finger in and mix it all up when you first open it to make sure the salt/blue part is evenly distributed. LUSH says you can use this on your body, but it's expensive, so I only ever use it for my face. I really like the scent, lemon/lime/salty, like a margarita.

To use, just scoop out a little bit with your finger and rub it around on your face. I almost always do it in the shower since the warm water helps the grains dissolve, so the exfoliation is pretty gentle. I like that this keeps my combination skin from getting either too dry or too oily- it just evens everything out. I tend to get a little flakiness in the winter, and this gets really helps clear that up. Conversely, I tend to be on the oily side in the summer, and Ocean Salt clears up developping pimples, too.

This is HG for my combination skin. I hope LUSH never DC's this. even though it's exepensive, it's worth every penny.

This, hands down is my HG face wash. It's a bit rough, but you need just a little bit, and to rub in circular motions on your face. I also use it as an exfoliant when I am shaving. Mix this with a buttercream on your legs, and lemme tell you they'll be silky smooth and happy for days!

on 8/16/2009 5:16:00 AM

Well was planning to try this as my next scrub, and I got given a sample for it.

It's really too harsh for my taste, the grains of salt were like tiny hail stones =( really big and rough, and while i was scrubbing it just fell off one by one into the basin and rattled like a little hail storm.

So it's prolly not gonna be too great for my face... maybe will be good for my body but it's just a bit too pricey for me to want to get one and give it another shot for now.

on 8/14/2009 4:21:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

It is A BIT TOO abrasive for me. But it is the best scrub I have ever used, so I just make sure to remind myself "for the first time, I don't have to put any EFFORT into the scrub". It does all the work for you! Just move your fingers very gently around. My skin looks brand new when I am done. Love, love, love it! Because it is so effective, I use it only once a week. I use a sugar scrub if I need some more work through out the week. But definitely, this is fantastic for heavy duty cleaning and if you need to get rid of discoloration. This will help make the process faster.