LUSH Ocean Salt

Fine Sea Salt (Sodium Chloride), Fresh Grapefruit Infusion (Citrus grandis), Coarse Sea Salt (Sodium Chloride), Stearic Acid, Fresh Lime Extracted in Vodka (Citrus aurantifolia), Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Glycol Cetearate, Triethanolamine, Fresh Avocado Butter (Persea gratissima), Coconut Fat (Cocos nucifera), Lime Oil (Citrus aurantifolia), Seaweed Absolute (Fucus vesiculosus), Violet Leaf Absolute (Viola odorata), Glycerine, Lanolin, Cetearyl Alcohol, *Limonene, *Linalool, Perfume, FD&C Blue No. 1, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

on 1/2/2010 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Really expensive, I got this as a gift and although I love it I am not sure I would spend 30 bucks to get another one. I mixed this before I used it and I used it on dry not damp skin. I gently scrubbed in a circular motion and after I rinsed my face was glowing and so soft, but that's not why I liked it so much. I had this red area on my left cheek from old acne scarring and it just would not clear up, glycolic acid has for the most part saved my skin but that one area was so blotchy and nothing was helping, Ocean Salt cleared it up so based on that miracle alone I had to give it a 5. This also doesn't cause me to break out at all (I thought it would because I did find it a bit moisturizing for my oily skin, although I know many reviews found it drying) and I love the smell (not that it matters even if I hated the scent I'd love the product because it works but it's a nice bonus). As others have said it tastes awful when you get it in your mouth (very salty) and I always end up getting it in my mouth. Would repurchase if I can afford it lol.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got a sample of the Ocean Salt. I have to say I reaLly loveee the smell! it's so fresh and reminds me of well.. the ocean :p but too harsh for the face..But really the smell is so good, if lush is making a solid perfume with this Scent in it , I would def. buy !

on 12/23/2009 4:24:00 PM

cant say enough about this product. One of the first items I bought from Lush...I cant use this everyday even if I wanted to because it can be to much. It's an great exfoliator and makes your face soft and definetly feels amazingly clean when you was it off. The smell personally I love, some don't like it but it just smells well, like the ocean haha.

on 12/22/2009 4:02:00 AM

This is a really really good exfoliant however, I cannot use it everyday, and rarely use it every week. I only use the ocean scrub when my skin is feeling really dry and flaky; so for me it's really more of a luxury item. When I do use it, I rinse my face with fairly warm water, and then pat it with a towel, so it's just damp. Then I apply just a little bit to my cheeks, forhead, nose, neck etc. and VERY gently massage it around my face. I find if my skin is too wet when I put the ocean srcub on it it dissolves right away, defeating the purpose. After I'm done, I rinse with lukewarm water, and then use a cleanser to make sure I get all the salt residue off my face, I then rinse with cold water, tone and MOISTURIZE! I also do this at night because my face is a tad bit red after, but when I wake up it looks great!
p.s. for best results I suggest mixing the contents of the ocean scrub when you first get it, I do this because all the salt is on top, and the shea butter is on the bottom...and they do that in the store : P

on 12/16/2009 10:31:00 AM

This winter has caused my skin to become dry and flaky. I used it last night and it got rid of all my dead flakes. The salt is a bit harsh though, I was left with some small red scratch marks from the salt but it's probably because i was pressing them too hard against my face. My face felt a lot smoother after.

on 12/6/2009 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Duration Used?- I used the whole tub of product

When did you purchase: August of 09

Length of time product lasted: the small tub lasted almost three months

Pros:
-extremely exfoliating, my skin was really smooth after using this product
-the smell is really cool, exactly like a margarita
-only a little amount is needed, so more bang for your buck
Cons:
-I found it a tad too harsh for my face, but it was nice for my body
-DO NOT EVER SHAVE YOUR LEGS after using this product on them ..I thought "hey, this should make my legs really smooth" well, it did...then the salt in the scrub made this lovely burning rash when I used the scrub and shaved next (think of going to the beach right after you shave your legs...it's not cool)
-the tub is a pain in the ass, but probably the only way to get it out
-price could be lower

Overall:
I liked this scrub a lot, I will repurchase for summer. I can use a VERY tiny amount on my face, but I really love it as a body scrub.

on 12/6/2009 10:43:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I was very unsure of spending this much money on a scrub but the overwhelming reviews on how great this stuff is lead me to try it. I am happy I did. My face is radiant for the first time in 10 years! I have had my oil under control and no real blemishes since I started using this product. I couldnt be more pleased!

on 12/2/2009 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Not sure what to think about this product. It smells delicious and I love LUSH. However I think the grains are quite big. It does make my skin feel soft after using it.
Not sure if I will buy it again.

on 12/2/2009 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I like this product because it's fun! It smells good enough to eat and has vodka in it. Unfortunately, I learned the hard way that salt and alcohol are very abrasive and drying ingredients that do not help the skin. I don't like to waste product so I mixed a little in my shampoo and it did a good job at clarifying my hair.
My all-time favorite facial exfoliator is MAC's Microfine Refinisher. It has worked wonders on my skin! It's very gentle and suitable for all skin types.
My favorite LUSH facial exfoliator is Love Lettuce Mask. For the body, i like their sugar scrubs.

on 12/1/2009 9:00:00 PM

Expensive. Seems to last a long time, great smell. It kind of burns and my MAC liquid foundation ALWAYS hurts to apply after using this product. I like to use it on my hands/dry elbows and knees as well as on my boyfriends psoriasis. I'm not really sure if I would buy again, I think I could live without it honestly, but it was a nice little treat.