LUSH Ocean Salt

Fine Sea Salt (Sodium Chloride), Fresh Grapefruit Infusion (Citrus grandis), Coarse Sea Salt (Sodium Chloride), Stearic Acid, Fresh Lime Extracted in Vodka (Citrus aurantifolia), Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Glycol Cetearate, Triethanolamine, Fresh Avocado Butter (Persea gratissima), Coconut Fat (Cocos nucifera), Lime Oil (Citrus aurantifolia), Seaweed Absolute (Fucus vesiculosus), Violet Leaf Absolute (Viola odorata), Glycerine, Lanolin, Cetearyl Alcohol, *Limonene, *Linalool, Perfume, FD&C Blue No. 1, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

on 12/16/2009 10:31:00 AM

This winter has caused my skin to become dry and flaky. I used it last night and it got rid of all my dead flakes. The salt is a bit harsh though, I was left with some small red scratch marks from the salt but it's probably because i was pressing them too hard against my face. My face felt a lot smoother after.

on 12/6/2009 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Duration Used?- I used the whole tub of product

When did you purchase: August of 09

Length of time product lasted: the small tub lasted almost three months

Pros:
-extremely exfoliating, my skin was really smooth after using this product
-the smell is really cool, exactly like a margarita
-only a little amount is needed, so more bang for your buck
Cons:
-I found it a tad too harsh for my face, but it was nice for my body
-DO NOT EVER SHAVE YOUR LEGS after using this product on them ..I thought "hey, this should make my legs really smooth" well, it did...then the salt in the scrub made this lovely burning rash when I used the scrub and shaved next (think of going to the beach right after you shave your legs...it's not cool)
-the tub is a pain in the ass, but probably the only way to get it out
-price could be lower

Overall:
I liked this scrub a lot, I will repurchase for summer. I can use a VERY tiny amount on my face, but I really love it as a body scrub.

on 12/6/2009 10:43:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I was very unsure of spending this much money on a scrub but the overwhelming reviews on how great this stuff is lead me to try it. I am happy I did. My face is radiant for the first time in 10 years! I have had my oil under control and no real blemishes since I started using this product. I couldnt be more pleased!

on 12/2/2009 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Not sure what to think about this product. It smells delicious and I love LUSH. However I think the grains are quite big. It does make my skin feel soft after using it.
Not sure if I will buy it again.

on 12/2/2009 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I like this product because it's fun! It smells good enough to eat and has vodka in it. Unfortunately, I learned the hard way that salt and alcohol are very abrasive and drying ingredients that do not help the skin. I don't like to waste product so I mixed a little in my shampoo and it did a good job at clarifying my hair.
My all-time favorite facial exfoliator is MAC's Microfine Refinisher. It has worked wonders on my skin! It's very gentle and suitable for all skin types.
My favorite LUSH facial exfoliator is Love Lettuce Mask. For the body, i like their sugar scrubs.

on 12/1/2009 9:00:00 PM

Expensive. Seems to last a long time, great smell. It kind of burns and my MAC liquid foundation ALWAYS hurts to apply after using this product. I like to use it on my hands/dry elbows and knees as well as on my boyfriends psoriasis. I'm not really sure if I would buy again, I think I could live without it honestly, but it was a nice little treat.

on 11/30/2009 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

OMG HOW MUCH DO I LOVE THIS?!?!?!??!?!?!

The Lush lady gave my friend and I a demo at the store, where she used the salt, then a cream, then the cuticle butter, and the massage bar on our hands. That combo is deadly- AWESOME.

These salts are the greatest thing ever. They smell really good, and leave your skin very very soft and refreshed. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE <3

on 11/22/2009 3:07:00 PM

I got this as a sample with my lush order. I found this product to be very rough for my face. It left my skin feeling tight and red. I think it was to try this again I would use it to exfoliate my legs...it's VERY gritty.

on 11/22/2009 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I have bought this once and I have no idea why I never did again. It last forever because really it's too harsh to use every day, I'd go with once a week (some people could do more, but I am careful as I have psoriasis). I would combine it with my favorite cream soap in the shower, it was great.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

It's expensive..not going to lie. For 44.2 oz. it's $18.55..that's the smaller jar..the big jar is $32.95 for 8.8 oz. Yeah, it is quite pricey...but DEFINITELY WORTH EVERY CENT! I love using more harsh exfoliators and haven't found anything that even comes close!

When you first buy the product, you'll want to mix it up since there will be a layer of blue salt on top.

This is how I use it: I take a small dullop of Ocean Salt and place it in my DRY palms. I mix Ocean Salt and Ultra Bland, also from Lush, in the palms of my hands. And then on DRY skin/face I rub the mixture all over my face. Then take a washcloth and wipe it all off..

TIPS:

1) You want to use it dry because it's real salt..and salt disolves in water..so use it dry!
2) I like mixing it with different cleansers from Lush. My favorite so far is with Ultra Bland. It's also quite nice with Angels on Bare Skin.

DEFINITELY WORTH THE MONEY! IT'LL LAST QUITE A WHILE!!