September 16, 2014 | 1863 users online

Scrubs - LUSH - Ocean Salt

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2009 12:41:00 PM More reviews by karlayvonne

omg this scrub is awesome!! it smells sooo good!! i do not have sensitive skin so i used it on my face. it felt very nice. this is a great exfoliator. it left my skin so soft afterwards. once it dried up my skin did not feel oily at all. i have oily and acne prone skin and i did not get any break outs. my skin looks allot more even toned. i love this stuff!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2009 1:23:00 AM More reviews by Shadow_Witch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

First thing I do upon opening a brand new jar of Ocean Salt is stir it really well with a brand new tongue depressor until it is a beautiful aqua colour.... This is one of my 'can't live without' LUSH products. I have dry, sensitive skin prone to milia, some blackheads, and visible pores. I use Ocean Salt to exfoliate every other day opposite MaMa Lotion or glycolic acid peel. The salt sometimes stings a little, but not enough to bother me. My skin looks radiant. I don't find it too coarse because I do mix it thoroughly and the fragrance is very refreshing. HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2009 5:54:00 PM More reviews by LanaPalooza

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ahhh..Ocean Salt. I'm in love. Some people don't like the way it smells...but I'm in love! The color, the texture, the smell...what it does for my skin- It's wonderful! I usually use this every other day...or even just twice a week after my normal cleansing routine. It leaves my face super soft & smooth. I sometimes use this on my elbows and knees in the shower. Don't forget to mix up the jar before using! This is definitely a repurchase :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2009 9:07:00 PM More reviews by Cindyrella23

I had walk passed by this Lush shop for years n only went inside it last month after reading reviews from MUA. I was also with my best friend who came for holiday n she was telling me how much she likes their natural products and their soap bars. Anyway i decided to try the Ocean Salt based on some of the reviews here. The SA put some creamy salt on my hand and i thought it felt a little coarse from huge sea salt. However after she washes my hair, i can really feel how smooth my skin was. I decided to purchase it n i used it when i got home. I really didn't like it that i had to stick my fingers in it to first mix it. I also felt llike the small tub is pricey because i felt like the salt dissolves easily before i can scrub my skin further. I also let my bf try with a loofah sponge and he really likes it thou he said the lime smell is very strong. The salt doesn't feel as coarse as i thought it might be because once u lather it with water it gets smaller although u do not wanna step on the bits of salt that falls onto the floor when u scrubing it on ur skin. I HIGHLY DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS TO PEOPLE WITH 'SENSITIVE' SKIN OR USE IT ON THEIR FACE.
Because the SA said its for bath but some ppl can use it for both: I do like the smell thou it reminds me of magarita or gimlet: yum.

the reason i won't repurchase this again anytime soon is because i wanna try other products

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2009 8:04:00 PM More reviews by blueangel1023

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have to say this was the 1st LUSH product I purchased. When the lady in the store did a demo on my hand, I definitely felt the smoothness and my skin felt brighter (healthy looking) and I was sold on this Ocean salt.

Been using it for about 2 wks now and it works great for me! My skin used to be oily/combo but for some reason changed to dry/flaky. After using this on my face, I definitely felt smoother skin. the dryness is almost gone, and the places where I had a few pimples on my chin is gradually fading. I'm assuming the alcohol from the vodka zapped it up (lol) I use this on my body as well, and I'm loving the exfoliation! It's not rough on my skin at all. After scrubbing for 20 seconds, the salts seem to melt onto your skin. If you ladies feel that the salt is too rough for you, I suggest lather it up with your hands 1st with a little water before applying it where you want it to.

Wasn't too keen on the smell at first since I'm used to fruity scents, but after awhile I took a liking to it. The citrus/lemony scent kind of destresses me in the shower. Would definitely buy again and recommend.

The only con of this product is the pricing (I took away 1 pt for that) or else I would've given this a 5. Another things is the packaging. I wish they can have it come in a dispenser, so I won't have to constantly dig my hangs into the jar!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2009 3:32:00 PM More reviews by HollyScott

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favourite product by Lush. I use it every other day on my face and body. My skin has never felt softer! I have a few spots that my skin is kind of rough. After using Ocean Salt, they are barely noticeable. When I think of an exfoliator, I think that it will leave my skin dry and tight, but Ocean Salt doesn't do that at all. It leaves my skin soft and smooth and feeling moisturized.

I think the key to Ocean Salt is how wet your skin is. I like to use it with damp skin. If you have more sensitive skin or you want less exfoliation use it with more water.

CONS: Price, I use up one of the larger tubs every few weeks and at $30 cdn, it gets kind of pricey. I really don't like having to stir it when I first get it. I overlook these things because of how great the stuff works.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2009 9:35:00 PM More reviews by TheRedDeluge

So I received a general sample of this and have been using it every other day. It works quite well as a facial scrub and has cleared my pores and polished my skin.

Just remember not to push hard when scrubbing. I gently push it around on my skin. Sometimes it stings when it gets on my lips but I still like it.

The scent is ok to me but not wonderful.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2009 9:52:00 PM More reviews by Markee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was hoping this product would unclog my pores since it's texture is pretty rough, but it didn't, I haven't found any product yet that unclogs my gross pores on my nose. I use this on my face, but I didn't notice an improvement of my skin, I guess it does exfoliate, but it can be really rough so I can't imagine someone with sensitive skin using it. I do however love the smell, I think it is kind of masculin, but I love it.

Update- I've been using this with no added water and it works much better and actually does help unclog some of my pores and makes my face so soft but I have to use it harshly to get these results but I might buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2009 3:05:00 AM More reviews by SourPunkGrrL

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Kind of pricey for a pot of creamy salt. Even when I used it in the shower it still burned my face. I tried using it on my body but I found it just melted away and didn't really do anything....meh.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2009 12:45:00 AM More reviews by cchien

too harsh for my face. but i use it as a body scrub. smells zesty.