October 23, 2014 | 933 users online

Concealers - Hard Candy - Glamoflauge Concealer - heavy duty

rated 2 of 5 on 12/10/2012 1:51:00 AM More reviews by Suddenlii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Grey

The coverage of this stuff is AMAZING, although I'm really disappointed in the colour selection. Either your pale, just above that, very dark skinned, or just below that, and if you're anywhere in between those, well, then you can't really use it with good results. Although this is a majour inconvience, it does work really well to hide scars and freckles. I initially bought it with the intention of using it to hide scars, and it hid the scar, alright -- you couldn't see it at all, but, going back to my first complaint; my skin is not "pale" by any means, and so I really couldn't find a colour that wouldn't look like I was covering scars. I also noticed that it's a very "heavy" concealer and sort of gives you that "mask-y" feeling initially. (You get over it, although it is a bit unpleasant.) I gave it to a friend of mine, who uses it to hide her freckles (as she's a frequent costumer.) She uses it very frequently, and one of her first complaints was also that it was heavy. From a "seeing" perspective, after having used it myself, I noticed that she'll get a bit cakey as the day goes on (and you'll be especially prone to this if you have oily skin.) All in all, if only the colour selection were a little better, I might have bought it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/9/2012 4:53:00 PM More reviews by w0wa

I bought this because of the positive reviews here. It is very pigmented and a little goes a long way, BUT i find that it clings to dry patches and bumps, so it's not good at covering blemishes that are not smooth. I also would not use this for undereye concealing because it clings to fine lines. I can see people using this to cover up tattoos and or flat scars but otherwise I think this is very overrated. Would not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2012 5:01:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

Ugh, I really wish this concealer had a more diverse shade range!! Other than that I would have loved it!! I extemporraneously bought Glamoflauge in Light because I ran out of my usual concealer. It seemed very promising because of the words "heavy duty full coverage" concealer. So I picked it up and tested it out when I got home- it was WAY too light. The Medium shade looked way too dark for me- if there's anything worse than too-light concealer, it's too-dark concealer. Basically, Hard Candy needs to learn the term "happy medium". Other than that, it actually was a very full-coverage and creamy product. I use it and it stays on for a very long time and covers up all my blemishes- my trick is to use it under foundation. I have heard people say, though, that Glamoflauge is one of those concealers that enhances fine lines- I would watch out for that. It's also cheap for like $6. I like the results, I just really wish that Hard Candy would make MORE SHADES! D:

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2012 9:16:00 AM More reviews by beautyglitter

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a full-coverage concealer, and that's about the only thing that I like about it. I tried applying this concealer under my eyes with a little moisturizer to thin it out to ease application, and by mid-day, it was separating under my eyes, making me look like an old hag. NO THANK YOU. I'd rather walk around with my zombie-circles fully-displayed than to have cake bake under the eyes. Will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/3/2012 7:44:00 AM More reviews by lillyana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product because of all the positive reviews but after using it for about a month now I can't seem to find anything good about it. I don't know what people are talking about; it makes my undereye area look cakey and makes an obvious crease only after an hour of wear. Maybe I'm applying it wrong? I've used a concealer brush, my fingers, a makeup sponge, and still it looks awful. Also I tried using it under and on top of my foundation, both ways have not worked for me. I wish I had kept the box so I could return it. I'm still in search for that perfect concealer.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2012 10:14:00 PM More reviews by jasminefire

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A bit mystified by all the uniformly rave reviews. Like all heavily pigmented concealers, it does crease, so I decided to pair it with my beloved noncreasing--albeit much pricier--Lancome Effacernes Waterproof just under my eyes and Glamoflage blended into the bottom crescent of my undereye circles. Very nice! The little pencil can be used to conceal permanent eyeliner or brows that have fallen out of favor. A good buy for $6.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2012 8:58:00 PM More reviews by mbcccix

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I read a ton of good reviews on Hard Candy's Glamoflauge and I had to have it.

The concealer is full coverage and very thick so a little bit can go a long way. I like how it covers my sends my blemishes to oblivion and the price tag however, I don't like the color selection. Hard Candy only offers Glamoflauge in Light, Medium, and Tan. I'm an NC30 in MAC and I got medium. Medium is a little light for me so I may purchase tan in the near future.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2012 12:07:00 AM More reviews by bluesunrise17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this! I can't imagine, per other reviews, the concealer caking under my eyes because it is perfect for me. It is creamy and natural and stays that way all throughout the day. I just apply it with my fingers but probably I should use a concealer brush! It is heavy-duty so you have to get comfortable with the amount you do/should apply. It is slightly yellow-toned which is great for me because I mainly use it under eyes to get rid of purplish circles. I have yet to find a use for the little pencil that comes with it, though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2012 8:29:00 PM More reviews by HeidiF69

One of my all-time faves. The little pencil concealer that comes with it is perfect for the random spot. I bought this last year in the medium shade, which is still usually too light for me (gives me raccoon eyes) so I bought the darkest shade - tan. It looks like it would be too dark, but does a fantastic job of covering under eye circles. I always dab it on under my eyes (and wherever else it's needed) after moisturizer or foundation. Then I blend it out with a small, fluffy brush. Trust me, if you try to smear it on with your fingers, the application will be too heavy. blending it in with a fluffy brush (I just use an art brush) will give you an airbrushed look. When set with powder, it lasts all day! Love it. It will take you years to go through one of these tubes. I have barely made a dent in my first one after at least a year.

ETA - for under the eyes, I mix a squirt of primer on the back of my hand with an equal amount of the concealer and apply with a flat brush. It thins it down while perfecting the texture under my eyes and it really gives a flawless, non-cakey coverage.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2012 11:38:00 PM More reviews by TrainedDreamer

No matter how I applied this concealer, it always caked in my under-eye lines. The texture was especially gross & greasy too which lead to it wearing off quickly. I'd never buy this again.