Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Waterproof

3.6

Isodecane, Microcrystalline wax, C8-9 Isoparaffin, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Carnauba Wax, Water, Propylene Carbonate, Allyl Stearate/VA Copolymer, Lecithin, PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Arginine, Silica, Serine, 2-oleamido-1, 3-octadecanediol, Rayon, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Panthenol, Glutamic Acid, Ethylenediamine/Stearyl dimer dilinoleate Copolymer, polyquaternium-10, Polyvinyl Laurate, Oryza Sativa Starch/Rice Starch, Isobutylparaben, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, [ /- May Contain: CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 77288/Chromium Oxide Greens, CI77289/Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 77491, CI77492, CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77510/Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI 77742/Manganese Violet, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, Mica]

on 6/29/2011 4:41:00 PM

In the past I've always used Lancome's Hypnose mascara. However since the price is a little steep, I've been looking for cheaper alternatives. After going through so many different ones at my local drug store, I finally found a gem! This mascara does not flake like other waterproof mascara's, doesn't clump and totally delivers a high volume, long lash impact! People are constantly asking me if my eyelashes are fake! For under $10 canadian, this mascara is a steal. Won't disappoint!

on 6/29/2011 5:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my HG mascara. I have very thin, straight Asian lashes and this mascara thickens, lengthens and holds my curl. It's also very accessible, being relatively cheap and available at most drugstores. It has a dry formula. The brush has a banana-ish curve, and has longer bristles at the sides.

I apply one coat (after curling) using the brush held down (forming an upside down smiley face - a frowny face, if you will) so the longer bristles coat and lengthen the lashes. Then, I apply a second coat using the flat-ish inside of the brush for volume. I would not recommend curling after the application of this mascara, so make sure you have curled enough for your liking before applying it, and concentrate on one eye at a time (curl and mascara one eye, then the same with the other).

I use this mascara daily. For going out, I find that demi-lashes (coated with mascara first) are enough to glam up my lashes.

I spent a lot of time and money finding a good mascara after Maybelline discontinued Sky High Curves, and this mascara is just the best I've ever used. I never thought you could have length, volume and curl without using two separate mascaras. I really hope this helped someone!

on 6/26/2011 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

It's probably my favorite mascara to date. I'm Asian, and I have straight lashes. Unlike other Asian women, however, I have really really long eyelashes so it's hard to find a mascara that holds my stick lashes in a curve! I love the flexibility of the wand and how the curve of the brush fits my eyes very well.

on 6/23/2011 7:32:00 AM

I love this mascara, because the formula is dry enough to let you put on many coats. The brush makes it really easy to apply, and you get alot of volume and length. I wouldn't use this is if I was going for a natural look.

on 6/22/2011 8:47:00 PM

I like this product. I wanted a volumizing look. I got this because I had wanted it for a long time. I really like it, easy to apply, clumps SOMETIMES, but when it was halfway gone, when i pulled out the wand, the bristles were sticking to eachother and it was junk. I bought a new one, and its good, but the formula is kinda runny.

on 6/22/2011 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

The formula is way too wet for my lashes. Gave me no volume or length. I returned it back to CVS.

on 6/22/2011 1:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

As much as I enjoy the thick volumious lashes it gives, it's a little too much for my eyes.

I do love the wand but this product isn't going to be part of my collection because it smudge too easily and clump my lashes together.

I want to replace it already but am broke. :/

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I love this mascara!!!!
I bought the waterproof version in black drama and haven't had any problems at all with it. It hasn't clumped too badly for me, which seems to be the problem for most people.
Gives great volume and holds a curl really well. Not much on length, but wasn't expecting much anyway.
Lasts a really long time and doesn't smudge! Even in intense heat and sweat. So far, my favorite mascara <3

on 6/20/2011 3:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I didn't like this mascara b/c, it didn't do anything for my lashes. It didn't even look like I had mascara on. I like my lashes to look full and thick, without being clumpy. I won't be buying this again.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This is actually my favourite mascara from Maybelline. Finally, I've found a mascara that actually works for me, though not HG material (clump-free, absolutely smudgeproof and waterproof, volumizes, curls and lengthens, leaves me lashes feeling soft and looking full--haha, I know that's a lot to ask for ).

Before I use it on each eye, I will NEVER FAIL to wipe off the excess on a tissue paper. It's an extra step (or two, since we have a pair of eyes, haha) but it's really worth it. I took a lippie off because of this extra step. This is to get rid of the excess mascara on the bristles of the wand and this will greatly reduce clumping. What am I left with then? My lashes are visibly lengthened and more voluminous after I apply mascara. Sure, I do not look like I'm wearing falsies (in fact, I will never wear them) but my lashes look pretty and I look wide awake (critical for someone who burns the midnight oil).

Smudgeproof? Yes. Waterproof? Absolutely. No doubts about that. It's power to hold the curl is okay too--my lashes do not become limp after a few hours.

I use L'Oreal eye makeup remover to remove this mascara, and removal is a breeze. Just make sure you gently press the soaked cotton pad on your eye for a minute, then gently swipe off. I always do this a second time to make sure that there's no residue left on my eyes.

I will repurchase this again!

I guess for now, I'm gonna "stickwitu", Mr Maybelline Falsies Waterproof!