Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Waterproof

3.6

Isodecane, Microcrystalline wax, C8-9 Isoparaffin, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Carnauba Wax, Water, Propylene Carbonate, Allyl Stearate/VA Copolymer, Lecithin, PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Arginine, Silica, Serine, 2-oleamido-1, 3-octadecanediol, Rayon, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Panthenol, Glutamic Acid, Ethylenediamine/Stearyl dimer dilinoleate Copolymer, polyquaternium-10, Polyvinyl Laurate, Oryza Sativa Starch/Rice Starch, Isobutylparaben, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, [ /- May Contain: CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 77288/Chromium Oxide Greens, CI77289/Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 77491, CI77492, CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77510/Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI 77742/Manganese Violet, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, Mica]

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I was really underwhelmed with this mascara.Not exactly bad, but nothing to write home about either! Was a bit clumpy. Also I kind of found the curved wand a bit annoying, whats wrong with a straight wand with no fuss. Will try a lighter application of this - that may work to make less clumpy.

I always get suckered in to believeing that some new mascara is going to really be different, that my lashes will be extrodinarily longer, plush, thick, and in this case even look false. Not the case. it's regular mascara. Not good, not bad. It's just masacara, like the rest of Maybelline's mascaras. Is it bad? Absolutely not. Would I buy it again? I mean, I guess. It's not something I'll swear by and reccomend.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I am pleasantly surprised by how much I love this mascara! I have never used a "curved wand" mascara before but decided to give it a go. Shockingly, I find the curved wand to be really easy to use -- and it gives my lashes that wonderful upward sweep at the outer corners. I find this mascara goes on "light" in the sense that it is not gloopy or clumpy. One coat gives me darker, feathery lashes that look natural but very pretty -- a couple of coats adds a little more volume (not as much as I get from LashBlast WP though). My lashes are quite long but rather straight and the individual hairs are somewhat thin. I have yet to find a non-waterproof mascara that holds the curl from my lash curler. The Falsies WP holds the curl all day and I have had zero problems with smudging or flaking. My only slight complaint would be that after multiple coats there are sometimes tiny "balls" of mascara at the tips of my lashes -- I just use my fingernails to remove them. This is not a dealbreaker for me at all... every mascara it seems requires some minor cleanup after application and all of the positive attributes make up for it! I realize mascara is a very personal choice but if you are in the market for a new one, The Falsies WP is worth a try!

The reviews about this were great - no smuding - ahhh how fab I thought.

Well.. I won't buy again.

It smudges after just a couple of hours, after a day you can look like you've got black eyes! Very bad!

It clumps a little on application but if you wipe the brush this makes it a cleaner application.

The results are very black, full and a good curl - but I need something to stay put to rate it well.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I don't know why the ratings for this product aren't higher!

I have asian, straight-pointed down lashes, & with that said, I love this mascara! I've tried numerous of other drug store mascaras, I love how it doesn't clump OR flake like other mascaras (that gets into my eye balls or flakes to my nose).

It doesn't volume, but looks more natural (like falsies).

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I love the Volum' Express mascaras in general. This adds volume and length. It holds a curl well (as do other waterproof mascaras I've tried). There's no smudging or flaking.

I have short, straight lashes and this mascara does wonders! After curling my lashes with my shu uemura eyelash curler, I apply two coats of the Falsies, using the different angles of the brush to get all my lashes. This mascara adds volume and length, and doesn't smear at all.

I actually like the product more when I first bought it and the formula was more "wet." It seemed easier to apply. After a week or so it dries up more, but I still love it.

The only negative is that this mascara is a PAIN to remove. This mascara is like GLUE. I've used many other waterproof mascaras before, but this is the first one that I've had actual issues with. I use Lancome's Bi-Facil and still find chunks glueing my lashes together.

I would repurchase though because I love how full my lashes look! I wouldn't say they look like I'm wearing Falsies, but that's because I don't have that much length on my lashes to be working with to begin with.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This product is absolutely amazing! I love the way it makes my lashes look, especially when I use a double coat. Maybelline really means it when they say waterproof too, because it really stays on my lashes. I even find it difficult to remove it with makeup remover! The packaging is also really cute and useful; the wand is great and I love the purple container. The only complaint I have is that when I'm applying the mascara, it does clump up my lashes, and if I don't work quickly, sometimes I can't remove all of the clumps. Overall, this is a great mascara and I recommend it to everybody who wants lovely lashes!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

My new favourite mascara! I already have thick dark lashes so I need a dramatic mascara in order to emphasize my lashes further. THis definitely does that! I understand why some may say that it's thick and may clump...but I like the effect it gives my lashes. I've already bought the "Black Drama" and "Flared" versions to try out esp as I heard the Flared Falsies look less clumpy.

I bought this from the States on vacation. And oh how i wish it was sold in Singapore! Its wonderful. Doesn't clump. Very black and doesn't smear/smudge. And as far as "falsies'' look is concerned ---I was wearing this the other day and my friend asked me if i had 'false lashes' on?? - so yess it does live up to its claim!

Popular Mascaras