July 25, 2014 | 1908 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Falsies Waterproof

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2011 9:19:00 PM More reviews by msvanitypear

I love this product, best mascara I've ever used. Combined with my Panasonic Eyelash Curler, this does wonders for my short, straight Asian lashes. It doesn't weigh down my lashes and it helps keep the curl throughout the day! Definitely recommended, will be buying again when I run out!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2011 8:18:00 PM More reviews by sanaplus

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually was really surprised with this mascara (in a bad way). I heard that it was very waterproof and gave lots of volume and length, at the same time staying on without smudging or flaking. I got this is the darkest shade, (black drama?) and in waterproof. After a lot of people recommending this to me, i wanted to give it a try. At first it was very wet and clumped my lashes together, but i thought it was only my first time using, so i'd give it a week or so to dry a little bit. it's been 2 months now and it's still SUPER wet and CLUMPY. but i do give this some credit for my nice volumized and somewhat long lashes. oh, and it holds curls really really well!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2011 4:50:00 AM More reviews by TheShe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Pros:
- I recently began using an oil-based moisturizer around my eyes, and since then every other mascara smudges on me, except this one. It's really remarkable that it doesn't smudge, considering EVERY other mascara does (and I've honestly tried over a dozen).
- When the tube is brand-new, it applies great and looks AMAZING. Length, volume, no clumps, the works.

Cons:
- The brush is completely stupid. The formula overcomes it but you have to wipe a lot off.
- After about a week, all the product in my tube completely dried up and was unusable. I'm used to regularly replacing mascaras for anti-bacterial reasons, but not once a dang week. That's ridiculous.

I said I would buy it again, but I'm undecided. I'll try it one more time and see if the drying-up thing was a fluke.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2011 11:40:00 PM More reviews by 9154mf

I don't know if its just the waterproof version, but this was horrid on me. It goes on clumpy to begin with, and despite the curved brush did almost nothing to curl or lift my lashes. It did provide some length and thickness, but nothing I would write home about and nowhere near 'falsies' looking. It also sometimes makes my lashes look spiky. I just use this for gym so I can use it up and not waste it, because I'm too embarrassed to wear it anywhere else.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2011 11:00:00 PM More reviews by bkdean

I have had this for a while but I don't wear it everyday. I decided to wear it on Easter, and one of the girls in my class (she is 8) looked at me and said "Are you wearing false eyelashes?" I said "No, it's just mascara" but I thought, "Wow, this mascara really lives up to its' name!" It can get clumpy if you use too much, but it comes off pretty good for me with waterproof eye makeup remover.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2011 9:46:00 PM More reviews by uwushuwereme

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This mascara was amazing! I don't know if it went so far as a "false lash look," but it did give me a lot of volume and length. The only problems with it is that it runs all over during the day and at night when I try to use makeup remover on it, it WON'T come off! Then in the morning when I wake up, it's all over my face! But aside from that, it works very nice and it's very affordable.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2011 2:09:00 PM More reviews by Bride949

Great drugstore mascara! I got waterproof by mistake and its murder to remove- but its a wonderful mascara that does what it claims. I'm between growth stages with latisse so some of my lashes are longer than others- this really fills in the gaps and gives extra volume and length- I LOVE IT!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2011 10:04:00 PM More reviews by sunset8

I LOVE this mascara! However, I only like the waterproof version, because I doesn't smudge or flake when I use this. I wasn't a big fan when I first started using it because I felt that it was too goopy and too much product goes on my lashes every sweep, which produces A LOT of clumps. I have figured out that a light hand is what you need to get that "false lash" look they advertise, plus using an eyelash curler beforehand. I have really short and sparse-looking lashes, and this mascara gives me a more fuller and longer look that I have not found in other mascaras (so far) without making me look like my makeup is overdone.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2011 1:00:00 AM More reviews by lk1119

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of my HG drugstores mascara, but I would only recommend the WATERPROOF one. I had tried "The Falsies" (non-waterproof) one at first and it didn't hold my eyelash curls at all and on top of that it would flake and clump! The WATERPROOF one is so much better after hearing a YouTube guru rave about it, I thought I'd ought to give the WP version a try and I loved it. It held my curls, didn't flake. Sometimes the mascara would clump, but you just have to work with it and it'll do wonders. It lengthens the lashes beautifully. =)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2011 2:09:00 AM More reviews by KPF760

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is not my favorite mascara of all time, nor is it my least favorite. It has some things going for it. For example, It is very black. Blacker than most of my other mascaras. It has a nice finish too, not too matte when it dries. The waterproof formula is really waterproof (which is the only one I have tried and would recommend). You really have to rub your eyes pretty hard to get a smudge. No flaking for a really long time, too. The brush is alright. I think I kinda like it, but it takes some getting used to. I didn't like how goopy it was. I also had a little trouble removing it. It does come off with oil though. When you apply it to your lashes, it can get clumpy and spider leg-y really easily. But it looks nice if you comb through your lashes after applying. It builds easily. I would repurchase it if there weren't so many other mascaras to try.