April 20, 2014 | 983 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Falsies Waterproof Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2011 2:09:00 AM More reviews by KPF760

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is not my favorite mascara of all time, nor is it my least favorite. It has some things going for it. For example, It is very black. Blacker than most of my other mascaras. It has a nice finish too, not too matte when it dries. The waterproof formula is really waterproof (which is the only one I have tried and would recommend). You really have to rub your eyes pretty hard to get a smudge. No flaking for a really long time, too. The brush is alright. I think I kinda like it, but it takes some getting used to. I didn't like how goopy it was. I also had a little trouble removing it. It does come off with oil though. When you apply it to your lashes, it can get clumpy and spider leg-y really easily. But it looks nice if you comb through your lashes after applying. It builds easily. I would repurchase it if there weren't so many other mascaras to try.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2011 1:48:00 AM More reviews by niki0315

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

love it. This is by far my favorite mascara among other Maybelline Mascara (Colossal volum and One by One volum). This mascara really gives a false lashes effect. Once I wore this mascara one of my friend (who doesn't wear makeup at all) thought I had false lashes. Compare with most Asian girl (Chinese, Japan or Korea), my lashes are long with good volume. But compare with others it still feel not very visible if I don't use mascara. The curve wand easy to apply to each lashes if you fit the angle outward.Plus it does not make your lash hard after dry as other mascara do. The waterproof formula is easy to remove with cleaning oil and warm water so I never had problem with that.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2011 3:38:00 PM More reviews by jnetteN

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this after seeing it on the news on one of those best product surveys and out of all the products this was actually produced the best results out of about 10 mascaras. From high end to drugstore brands. After purchasing I'll admit it was disappointed at first, it was very wet. My lashes would get stuck together and it would get on my skin.

HOWEVER...After giving it a few more tries, and getting use to the wand and wetness, IT ACTUALLY WORKS GREAT!!!! I curl, make sure the wand is in an arch shape, not a U, and apply in long sweeping upward motion. IT DOES TAKE PRACTICE. But I love the results, lasts all day, and my lashes are long, and think.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2011 9:44:00 PM More reviews by hannahb16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I liked this product at first, it gave me those long, full lashes i was looking for however, it was quite clumpy. I put the mascara on in the morning and was looking forward to a day of fun with my sister, but though out the day i found that it was a little flaky and had a bit of fall out under my eyes. No big problem but when i went to wash it off, it wouldn't budge. I've had waterproof mascara before and had no trouble taking it off but this one seemed to really stick on my lashes. So because its clumpy, a bit flaky and really hard to take off, I gave it a 3 and i will not be buying this product agian.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2011 12:12:00 AM More reviews by shinewin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This mascara do gives volume to my tiny short lashes but it does not hold my curls well. I bought it in the waterproof version. I love the original colossal volume express so i thought to give this a tried but was disappointed in the hold. It does not smudged or fall out as much as other mascaras. I would only use this again if i run out of my colossal but other than that i wont buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/16/2011 8:28:00 PM More reviews by kassie1824

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

horrible. the wand sucks and the stuff is super thick. would no recommend at all!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2011 6:01:00 AM More reviews by janaoo4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

At first I thought that this stuff was utter rubbish. I already have super long lashes. They touch my eyebrows, but they're blonde. I don't care though because my eyes are huge and I happen to like the doe eyed look. Anyways, I tried it on, and it was a horrible chunky mess. It was just aweful, my lashes clumped together, and it gave me spider lashes that made me look like I had put 5 coat of a cheap product on. I was not impressed in the least.

But in a horrible rush I had trouble finding my favorite mascara. I had always loved CoverGirl's LashExact in length because I THOUGHT that it was the formula that allowed me to cover my entire lash without clumping. WRONG! I had an extra LashExact that I had kept to brush my eyebrows when I tweeze them. So in a rush I grabbed the Falsies and prayed that I could use the LashExact brush to make the formula work...... it did, it did amazingly. This FORMULA is amazing, but the BRUSH IS TERRIBLE! To confirm this is used the brush with my other mascaras, same result no matter what the formula.

So now I simply use my clean LashExact brush with this mascara. I'm sad to say that I only use the LE formula when I want to make my eyelashes brown, because other than that, compared to Falsies, it does nothing.

I don't know if this is a pro or a con, but the waterproof formula is truly that, it's also practically makeup remover proof. Pro because I've gone to a snowy photoshoot with this stuff, and we had to stop to fix my friend's mascara's sloppy mess time after time, but mine didn't budge. In the hotel hers came off with soap and water, but mine couldn't be touched by the pool, or my makeup remover. To get this stuff off I use EVOO, which is good for your skin and eyelashes anyhow. BUT OMG WATERPROOF IS CORRECT! The only problem I have with the formula is that it seems too dry, it takes me a while to move it from the base to the tip, and if you get it on your skin then you better jump for something fast because if it dries you'll have to rub it, and whatever makeup you have in that spot off as well.

So final verdict. The water proof Falsies mascara is AMAZING in formula. Their "spoon brush" is an utter failure so I give the packaging a major no. Try to find a wand with plastic bristles that can pull this formula through the lashes properly. I think that because it dries and adheres so hard to the surface it's on, when you "spoon" it on it doesn't get onto your lashes properly and clumps, then dries, then stays permanently clumped.

I ended up tweezing my brows a bit higher just for this mascara. I don't have low eyebrows in the least, and the height and volume I get with it after curling is insane providing you ditch the useless spoon. I will buy this again, I just hope that they make the product a tad bit more moist.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2011 10:53:00 AM More reviews by chickenlittle25

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This mascara has convinced me that there is truely nothing new on the market. There is nothing great about this. I loved the idea of "the falsies", thinking it might give me more oomph than the last 10 mascaras I've tried.

I don't care for the curved applicator brush. For those of you that do, this might be a bonus. I did see on the packaging that the brush was curved, but I thought I'd give it a go anyway. The brush pulled brand new out of the tube looked like a lumpy clumpy mess. The bristles are rather uneven, but I thought maybe that was the "magic" behind how the product worked. And it IS. If you like your lashes being a lumpy, clumped up mess.

I tried ths mascara side by side with one of the others from my collection. This is nothing new. Save your money and go for the $4 el cheapo stuff, because there is nothing new or great about this mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2011 2:21:00 AM More reviews by cassy2790

Once I saw the commercial for this product, I had to get it and try it! I picked this up at Walmart and it wasn't very expensive, only like $6.95. I tried it and I'm hooked. I now only use this mascara and I love what it does for my eyes!
This mascara makes your lashes look really nice. It doesn't clump, which is a plus, and it separates your lashes and makes them look full and black. It also gives your lashes a decent amount of volume which I like. I wouldn't say my lashes look like I am wearing false lashes, but I don't think any mascara could really make your lashes look like that. I got the waterproof type because I heard if you don't that this stuff doesn't stay on 100%. With the waterproof it defiantly stays on and doesn't budge but is still easy to remove with makeup remover. I also love the packaging because my favorite color is purple, so I of course love the packaging. I would for sure buy this again without a doubt. It's cheap, does the job and makes your lashes look beautiful!
If your getting clumpy results, make sure your using the curved side against your lashes and try wiggling the wand up and through your lashes. I find that works best.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/13/2011 2:25:00 PM More reviews by kimmeekat72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I do not like this at all...its thin and by the time i can see any difference when using it has already clumped,,yuck. If you like the spider lashes it really would be great. Its just not a look i really like on myself. It also flaked off and left my under eye area a mess. I gave the second tube to my mother inlaws since it was a BOGO. She liked it well enough,,however her lashes are much shorter and she wears less product then i do. Just not for me :)