August 23, 2014 | 1769 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Falsies Waterproof

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2011 4:56:00 PM More reviews by makeupaddict76

I usually stay clear of volumizing clumpy mascaras, my fav is Maybelline Full & Soft. Formula is total opposite, heavy, wet and clumpy so I make sure there isn't too much product on the brush. With the right technique, I'm able to get a length, volume, and it also holds curls well. It's better than I expected.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2011 10:08:00 AM More reviews by ZiahSaysFreeze

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my favoutire mascara so far!! The formulation is lovely to apply and has small fibres which added volume to my lashes. I have very fair lashes and this coated them perfectly :). The brush is spoon shaped to fit the natural curve of eyelashes and I found that it really worked! No the cheapest at around 10 where I live but definitely not the most expensive. Well worth the money. The only thing I wish was different was that it gave a little more length, because even after I curl my lashes well, they still don't look very long. Overall, my favourite mascara to try so far :D

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2011 9:53:00 AM More reviews by Marian93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i really like it

rated 2 of 5 on 5/22/2011 7:35:00 PM More reviews by MakeupSami

I went on a cruise over spring break, and beforehand, I had decided that it would be in my best interest to purchase a waterproof mascara, that way, I could put on my make-up for the day, and could get wet whenever I want, without planning it. Without any knowledge of waterproof mascaras, I went out and bought The Falsies "WATERPROOF" version. I have used many of the mascaras in the Maybelline Volum' Express line before, including the original The Falsies, so I hoped this would be just as good, except waterproof!

My first thoughts while I applied it were that it was great, and worked just the same as the original version.. However, that day, I went in the hot tub with a bunch of my new friends from the cruise, and it was as if it wasn't even waterproof!

IT WAS HORRIBLE!! It acts as any other mascara, and runs once a single drop of water touches your lashes.

If you want a good waterproof mascara, I would NOT recommend this!! I am still on the lookout for a great summer-friendly, waterproof mascara.. Unfortunately, I really wanted this to work, but it just didn't.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/19/2011 11:39:00 PM More reviews by uhlizubeth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

UGH, I hate this stuff! The brush is a joke. Do people seriously think that a "spoon brush" would make lashes look long? And the formula is awful! I never really knew what people were talking about when they said that a mascara was "flaky" or "smudge", I've never had those problems.. until this stuff. The formula is heavy, sticky and clumpy, it will weigh down lashes, look really awkward and really not do any more than any other mascara. The formula is impossible to get off and will end up breaking off lashes too.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2011 9:19:00 PM More reviews by msvanitypear

I love this product, best mascara I've ever used. Combined with my Panasonic Eyelash Curler, this does wonders for my short, straight Asian lashes. It doesn't weigh down my lashes and it helps keep the curl throughout the day! Definitely recommended, will be buying again when I run out!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2011 8:18:00 PM More reviews by sanaplus

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually was really surprised with this mascara (in a bad way). I heard that it was very waterproof and gave lots of volume and length, at the same time staying on without smudging or flaking. I got this is the darkest shade, (black drama?) and in waterproof. After a lot of people recommending this to me, i wanted to give it a try. At first it was very wet and clumped my lashes together, but i thought it was only my first time using, so i'd give it a week or so to dry a little bit. it's been 2 months now and it's still SUPER wet and CLUMPY. but i do give this some credit for my nice volumized and somewhat long lashes. oh, and it holds curls really really well!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2011 4:50:00 AM More reviews by TheShe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Pros:
- I recently began using an oil-based moisturizer around my eyes, and since then every other mascara smudges on me, except this one. It's really remarkable that it doesn't smudge, considering EVERY other mascara does (and I've honestly tried over a dozen).
- When the tube is brand-new, it applies great and looks AMAZING. Length, volume, no clumps, the works.

Cons:
- The brush is completely stupid. The formula overcomes it but you have to wipe a lot off.
- After about a week, all the product in my tube completely dried up and was unusable. I'm used to regularly replacing mascaras for anti-bacterial reasons, but not once a dang week. That's ridiculous.

I said I would buy it again, but I'm undecided. I'll try it one more time and see if the drying-up thing was a fluke.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2011 11:40:00 PM More reviews by 9154mf

I don't know if its just the waterproof version, but this was horrid on me. It goes on clumpy to begin with, and despite the curved brush did almost nothing to curl or lift my lashes. It did provide some length and thickness, but nothing I would write home about and nowhere near 'falsies' looking. It also sometimes makes my lashes look spiky. I just use this for gym so I can use it up and not waste it, because I'm too embarrassed to wear it anywhere else.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2011 11:00:00 PM More reviews by bkdean

I have had this for a while but I don't wear it everyday. I decided to wear it on Easter, and one of the girls in my class (she is 8) looked at me and said "Are you wearing false eyelashes?" I said "No, it's just mascara" but I thought, "Wow, this mascara really lives up to its' name!" It can get clumpy if you use too much, but it comes off pretty good for me with waterproof eye makeup remover.