Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Waterproof

Isodecane, Microcrystalline wax, C8-9 Isoparaffin, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Carnauba Wax, Water, Propylene Carbonate, Allyl Stearate/VA Copolymer, Lecithin, PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Arginine, Silica, Serine, 2-oleamido-1, 3-octadecanediol, Rayon, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Panthenol, Glutamic Acid, Ethylenediamine/Stearyl dimer dilinoleate Copolymer, polyquaternium-10, Polyvinyl Laurate, Oryza Sativa Starch/Rice Starch, Isobutylparaben, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, [ /- May Contain: CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 77288/Chromium Oxide Greens, CI77289/Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 77491, CI77492, CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77510/Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI 77742/Manganese Violet, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, Mica]

on 7/12/2011 12:46:00 AM

I bought this from the States on vacation. And oh how i wish it was sold in Singapore! Its wonderful. Doesn't clump. Very black and doesn't smear/smudge. And as far as "falsies'' look is concerned ---I was wearing this the other day and my friend asked me if i had 'false lashes' on?? - so yess it does live up to its claim!

on 7/11/2011 7:50:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this product for the waterproof claims, and hey who doesn't like a little falsies drama?
When you first start to use the product it goes on very light and takes several coats to get a pronounced look. After a few weeks like many mascaras, it goes on better still requiring several coats.
I do like that my lashes do not clump with this mascara. It comes of with any makeup remover. As for being a false look, uh no. It gives a nice understated definition. Stays put even during tears or sweat.
For the money it is a nice little mascara.

on 7/11/2011 4:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

The best mascara ever!!!!
First, it's very waterproof.
2nd, it makes my lashes looks full, thick, oomph, without clumpy.
3rd, the black color is very very black...
4th, it don't dry faster in the tube. it can stay for almost 4-5month
5th, it's cheap!!!

So, what else? is there any good stuffs like this?

on 7/10/2011 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Better than average mascara for my straight asian lashes. It lengthens and volumizes my lashes pretty well, and also holds the curl quite well compared to other mascaras (alot better than the Colossal waterproof, in my opinion). It can get alittle clumpy at the ends, but you can always use a lash comb to solve that problem. It's more of a volumizing mascara so I don't really mind the clumping, since the pricetag isn't too bad. The only problem is that the mascara does smudge a little on me by the end of the day (no flaking thou, and most Maybelline mascaras smudge on me). I usually use Shiseido mascara base underneath so it helps reduce the smudging.

on 7/10/2011 3:07:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Impressive mascara! For $8CAD you get a better product than my former favorite L'Oreal Voluminous (which is a few bucks more expensive). Lengthens my puny lashes very well and makes them somewhat thicker with only one coat. I will not go back to my old brand.

on 7/9/2011 6:44:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

When my sister first got this product, her lashes looked AMAZING! I asked her what her mascara was and naturally it was Maybelline -Volum' Express the Falsies.

Now she didn't have waterproof and after reading reviews on, I discovered that the non-waterproof Falsies flaked a lot. So I bought the Waterproof version.

It's 'spoon' head is very good in the fact that it holds a curl. The mascara bottle is cute and purple.

I find that it clumps a lot and flakes if you wear it for a long time. But if you just lightly touch it to your lashes when you apply it, it looks great, doesn't clump and doesn't flake at all.

PROS: Doesn't flake, clump or smudge,(if you apply it the right way) Lasts all day, cute bottle.
CONS: it's a bit dark for everyday use but otherwise fine for nighttime.

Overall, a good product but probably wont buy again

on 7/8/2011 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Holds curl, gives volume, doesn't flake, but it was too water proof! I found myself struggling to take it off before bed even with makeup remover. Plus it clumps & makes my lashes stick together :( im a little disappointed. Its not horrible, but not fantastic either.

I like the effect it gives my lashes, very full and long. Just like they say false lash effect. But it is not very waterproof so I wouldn't buy it again.

on 7/6/2011 7:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Does what it says, but you should apply this very lightly and gently as a little bit does A LOT! It can be clumpy but a run through with an eyelash brush right after does the trick. Gives you very very full lashes. However, the "waterproof" part isn't so true. I find that it can end up under my eyes by the end of the day, and if I swim in it it melts off very quickly. Still a very good product, especially for the price.

on 7/6/2011 5:17:00 AM

I too don't get the hype. I bought this mascara having high hopes and I have to say that I don't care for it.
It gets clumpy and makes me lashes stick together. Had to try it, but its not for me.
Mascara seems to be one of those products that either people love it, or hate it. I will be sticking to my full n soft and tarte mascaras.