November 27, 2014 | 1383 users online

Mascara - Revlon - Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2011 11:21:00 AM More reviews by Princess817

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is obviously a hit or miss product. You either love it, or hate it. I generally DO NOT buy Revlon products--they ALWAYS disappoint me. But at work I stock this product like crazy every night, and it's ALWAYS flying off the shelves I figured since I was unhappy with my last mascara I would give it a shot.
First I can see how the brush would be hard to use on small eyelashes or small eyes. I have the opposite problem: long eyelashes (brown colored) and big eyes. So it worked for me. I bought it in the blackest black they have (do not remember the name). It added a LOT of drama, not a lot of clumping and for the FIRST time with a mascara, my ridiculously straight lashes CURLED without the help of a curler! The only difference between the curl with just the mascara and the curl with a curler is the lashes in the outer corners stood up for with the curler. THAT IS IT. I didn't get a lot of clumping, and is easy for me to layer. I actually have accidentally slept in this mascara a couple of times and I had no running, super minimal flaking (NON waterproof!). Not bad. Finally Revlon comes through for me! DO NOT expect this however to make your lashes grow. Just won't happen. :) Will buy again...and again...and again.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2011 11:26:00 AM More reviews by JohnnyDepplover001

I was very excited when I first purchased this product. When the time finally came to use it I was shocked at how big the wand is, I have small eyelashes (hense the reason for buying this product) so I didn't think it would mix. The formula is nice and nonclumpy but after wearing for a couple of hours it flakes. I dont know about anyone else but I have never experienced a more flaky mascara. Overall quite disappointed:(

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2011 10:59:00 AM More reviews by SugarCelebi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

So far, this is probably my HG mascara. I haven't had a ton of luck with mascara but I love this! I don't know if it actually helps your lashes grow but it really does make them look longer and fuller, with no clumps. Then again, I only put one coat of mascara on, I hate when mascara looks unnatural. For my purposes though, this stuff works great!
So why the 4-lippy rating? It does, unfortunately, smudge a bit on me. And it is hard to take off, even though I have the non-waterproof formula. But no matter.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2011 2:51:00 PM More reviews by Emaustin27

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I was really disappointed with this mascara. I really wanted to like it, but it was just too bad. I dont know if I got a bad tube but the formula in mine was very dry and hardly put anything on my lashes.
I really liked the brush but that was about it. I got the formula with sparkles in it, so that might have effected the dryness of the formula.
I will say though, whenever it did transfer to my lashes, there were a ton of sparkles on my lashes. I was pretty impressed by how much glitter there was.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2011 2:39:00 PM More reviews by xoBrandie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really did not care for this mascara at all. I have pretty long lashes and this made them look short and clumpy. It smudged like crazy and flaked after only a couple hours. I do love the packaging and the wand but the formula just does not work with my lashes. I even tried using it with other mascaras and it looked like a clumpy mess. This got a lot of good reviews on youtube and that is why I bought it, but it just didn't do what I wanted. I'm glad it worked for others though. Still searching for my HG mascara. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2011 4:04:00 PM More reviews by liyahxxforever

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

i not sure if it really grows your lashes but it does give them length. the brush is quite big which makes it hard to get to the corner of my eye. i like my maybelline stiletto better and probably won't buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2011 2:36:00 PM More reviews by CaliRaye

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have fallen in love with this mascara! A friend gave it to me after getting it free with an eyeshadow because she didn't need it and I was out of mascara. It has a spectacularly large brush and the formula is really nice. It doesn't flake or run during a basic 8 hour day.It gives good separation and my lashes look a lot fuller. I've gotten comments from friends on how my lashes look longer. Definitely a repurchase when I run out. :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2011 6:09:00 PM More reviews by muffingrl

First of all, I would like to say that I do NOT like this mascara. Revlon is notorious for making crappy mascaras in the first place (Double Twist = disaster) but I decided to purchase anyway due to some rave reviews. Big mistake. For an Asian, I do have decently long lashes, but they are a little sparse, so I generally go for volumizing mascaras. The GrowLuscious wand reminded me so much of Stila Major Major Lash mascara (which I love) so I thought that this could possibly be a drugstore dupe, which is great since the Stila is $20+. I was super excited and tried it out for the first time, but the disappointment set in VERY quickly. Although the wand is great (I prefer classic bristles over flexi-plastic), the formula is complete crap. The first coat gave some volume, and the second coat gave them a bit more volume + a lot of clumping. The formula is very dry so it dries very quickly as well. I usually do one coat on my left eye first then do my right to give the left a little bit of time to thicken up before I add the second coat. By the time I got back to my left eye for the second coat, the mascara had already dried about 90% which meant that the second coat was a clumpy, spider-lashy mess that flaked all over my under eyes, not cute. After learning this, I tried it a second time, doing two coats of mascara on one eye without any drying time in between, and this time it was less clumpy and flakey, but it amplified the spider-lash effect like crazy. Also, with prolonged wear, it does tend to smudge a bit underneath my lashline, it is a very small amount of smudging and no one probably sees it but me, but I still find it annoying. Maybe I haven't worked with this enough to come up with a solution, but I shouldn't have to work this hard to make a mascara work when there are a ton of other drugstore mascaras that deliver excellent results. The most redeeming quality about this mascara is the pigmentation, I bought the Blackest Black and it is indeed very dark, but the cons outweigh the pros by far, so I will not be repurchasing. Revlon, stick to nail polishes and lipsticks.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2011 3:57:00 PM More reviews by tristinbrittany

This mascara is so dry. The only thing that I liked about it is the extra large brush.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2011 12:04:00 PM More reviews by sekhmet

Mascara isn't my favorite cosmetic--just something I feel I have to use due to my skimpy, pale lashes. I guess there was something about the idea of a mascara that's supposed to improve the condition of your lashes that appealed to me (even though I don't necessarily believe it), so I sought this out. I got black shimmer, because it came with a free e/s. However, I see no shimmer in this at all--on the wand or my lashes--which is fine as far as I'm concerned. I'm really pleased with this; it just makes my lashes look longer and darker, which imo is what mascara should do. I'd found a mascara I really liked a couple of years ago, but then it was dc. This is the first thing I've found since then that compares to it. The only reason I gave this a 4 instead of 5 is because of the gigantic wand, which makes the mascara needlessly difficult to apply. I think one of the newer rubber wands would be an improvement. As to the claim that GrowLuscious makes your real lashes longer or darker, I'm really not expecting that. If I start sprouting movie-star lashes, I will update. Right now, I'm just happy to have a mascara that I would rate "very good."
EDIT: Well, I booted this down to 2 lippies because, as I continued to use this mascara, it kind of dried up and then made my lashes clumpy. And I don't mean it dried out in a year, I mean pretty fast! Also that big ole wand got really annoying to use every day. Sorry, Revlon!