Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara

3.2

Water, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Stearic Acid, Cera Alba (Beeswax) (Beeswax), Isododecane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Hydrogenated Polycyclopentadiene, Trisiloxane, C30 45 Alkyl Dimethicone, Cera Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera Wax), Cera Carnauba Cire (Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax), Triethanolamine, Bis Vinyl Dimethicone Copolymer, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Olive Oil Stearyl Esters, Isosteareth 200 Linoleate, Acacia Gum (Acacia Senegal) (Acacia Senegal), Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein/PVP Crosspolymer, Phytantriol, Nylon 6, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C), Panthenol, Methoxy Amodimethicone/Silsequioxane Copolymer, Silica, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Simethicone, Butylene Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1 2 Hexanediol, May Contain ( /-): (CI 77897), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77897), Black 2 (CI 77266) (CI 77266), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007)

on 2/7/2011 6:57:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I wanted to like this product, considering that it contains products that "care" for your lashes, and at the same time lengthens and volumizes like a good mascara would.

However, after my third time applying this mascara - i gave it 3 tries, it clumps like MAD. Yeah, no doubt the clumps help with the volumizing, but it coats my eyelash unevenly, and clumps after the second layer.

No doubt it is waterproof, but it flakes and irritates my eye after a few hours of wear.

Well, at least, its kudos to a green design..

I do not like this mascara at all. I bought the waterproof formula in the blackest color they had, however, it smudges on me and leaves flakes after only a few hours of wear. I like to buy waterproof mascaras because they don't smudge/smear as easily as non-waterproof. Waterproof mascaras also usually hold a curl better. This mascara does none of those things. It makes my lashes wilt and gives me raccoon eyes. I really wanted to like this mascara but I ended up hating it. The formula is really dry yet makes my lashes clumpy and weighed down. Will not be repurchasing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I was surprised by this mascara. I only bought it because I needed a waterproof formula for a trip, and I picked this one up because there was a sale on Revlon products. I love the big brush (I have very long lashes) and I think it gives clean, natural volume without clumping. A keeper! I don't know if I will pick it up again, because I love trying new mascaras, but it may be the one I go to when I need a waterproof formula.

on 2/6/2011 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

OK, I've tried this twice. I really wanted to like it. With that big brush, it looks like it was meant for va-va-va-volume! I have blonde lashes and I like impact when I apply mascara and this one fell short... both times! Is it just me or does the formula seem thick and dry? Trust me when I say, you *notice* the application much more when you have to cover blonde lashes. The brush is very promising but is there really anything on it? It was frustrating to have to dip several times into the tube to get anything to show up (let alone cover) light lashes, but I've found that for me, Revlon (and Almay for that matter) are notoriously dry formulas that require a lot of work. Or am I doomed to always flunk out with dried up tubes? I'm flabbergasted. :(

on 2/6/2011 11:21:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

This is obviously a hit or miss product. You either love it, or hate it. I generally DO NOT buy Revlon products--they ALWAYS disappoint me. But at work I stock this product like crazy every night, and it's ALWAYS flying off the shelves I figured since I was unhappy with my last mascara I would give it a shot.
First I can see how the brush would be hard to use on small eyelashes or small eyes. I have the opposite problem: long eyelashes (brown colored) and big eyes. So it worked for me. I bought it in the blackest black they have (do not remember the name). It added a LOT of drama, not a lot of clumping and for the FIRST time with a mascara, my ridiculously straight lashes CURLED without the help of a curler! The only difference between the curl with just the mascara and the curl with a curler is the lashes in the outer corners stood up for with the curler. THAT IS IT. I didn't get a lot of clumping, and is easy for me to layer. I actually have accidentally slept in this mascara a couple of times and I had no running, super minimal flaking (NON waterproof!). Not bad. Finally Revlon comes through for me! DO NOT expect this however to make your lashes grow. Just won't happen. :) Will buy again...and again...and again.

I was very excited when I first purchased this product. When the time finally came to use it I was shocked at how big the wand is, I have small eyelashes (hense the reason for buying this product) so I didn't think it would mix. The formula is nice and nonclumpy but after wearing for a couple of hours it flakes. I dont know about anyone else but I have never experienced a more flaky mascara. Overall quite disappointed:(

on 2/2/2011 10:59:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

So far, this is probably my HG mascara. I haven't had a ton of luck with mascara but I love this! I don't know if it actually helps your lashes grow but it really does make them look longer and fuller, with no clumps. Then again, I only put one coat of mascara on, I hate when mascara looks unnatural. For my purposes though, this stuff works great!
So why the 4-lippy rating? It does, unfortunately, smudge a bit on me. And it is hard to take off, even though I have the non-waterproof formula. But no matter.

on 1/31/2011 2:51:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I was really disappointed with this mascara. I really wanted to like it, but it was just too bad. I dont know if I got a bad tube but the formula in mine was very dry and hardly put anything on my lashes.
I really liked the brush but that was about it. I got the formula with sparkles in it, so that might have effected the dryness of the formula.
I will say though, whenever it did transfer to my lashes, there were a ton of sparkles on my lashes. I was pretty impressed by how much glitter there was.

on 1/31/2011 2:39:00 PM

I really did not care for this mascara at all. I have pretty long lashes and this made them look short and clumpy. It smudged like crazy and flaked after only a couple hours. I do love the packaging and the wand but the formula just does not work with my lashes. I even tried using it with other mascaras and it looked like a clumpy mess. This got a lot of good reviews on youtube and that is why I bought it, but it just didn't do what I wanted. I'm glad it worked for others though. Still searching for my HG mascara. :)

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

i not sure if it really grows your lashes but it does give them length. the brush is quite big which makes it hard to get to the corner of my eye. i like my maybelline stiletto better and probably won't buy again.