July 31, 2014 | 1634 users online

Mascara - Revlon - Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2011 4:04:00 PM More reviews by liyahxxforever

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

i not sure if it really grows your lashes but it does give them length. the brush is quite big which makes it hard to get to the corner of my eye. i like my maybelline stiletto better and probably won't buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2011 2:36:00 PM More reviews by CaliRaye

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have fallen in love with this mascara! A friend gave it to me after getting it free with an eyeshadow because she didn't need it and I was out of mascara. It has a spectacularly large brush and the formula is really nice. It doesn't flake or run during a basic 8 hour day.It gives good separation and my lashes look a lot fuller. I've gotten comments from friends on how my lashes look longer. Definitely a repurchase when I run out. :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2011 6:09:00 PM More reviews by muffingrl

First of all, I would like to say that I do NOT like this mascara. Revlon is notorious for making crappy mascaras in the first place (Double Twist = disaster) but I decided to purchase anyway due to some rave reviews. Big mistake. For an Asian, I do have decently long lashes, but they are a little sparse, so I generally go for volumizing mascaras. The GrowLuscious wand reminded me so much of Stila Major Major Lash mascara (which I love) so I thought that this could possibly be a drugstore dupe, which is great since the Stila is $20+. I was super excited and tried it out for the first time, but the disappointment set in VERY quickly. Although the wand is great (I prefer classic bristles over flexi-plastic), the formula is complete crap. The first coat gave some volume, and the second coat gave them a bit more volume + a lot of clumping. The formula is very dry so it dries very quickly as well. I usually do one coat on my left eye first then do my right to give the left a little bit of time to thicken up before I add the second coat. By the time I got back to my left eye for the second coat, the mascara had already dried about 90% which meant that the second coat was a clumpy, spider-lashy mess that flaked all over my under eyes, not cute. After learning this, I tried it a second time, doing two coats of mascara on one eye without any drying time in between, and this time it was less clumpy and flakey, but it amplified the spider-lash effect like crazy. Also, with prolonged wear, it does tend to smudge a bit underneath my lashline, it is a very small amount of smudging and no one probably sees it but me, but I still find it annoying. Maybe I haven't worked with this enough to come up with a solution, but I shouldn't have to work this hard to make a mascara work when there are a ton of other drugstore mascaras that deliver excellent results. The most redeeming quality about this mascara is the pigmentation, I bought the Blackest Black and it is indeed very dark, but the cons outweigh the pros by far, so I will not be repurchasing. Revlon, stick to nail polishes and lipsticks.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2011 3:57:00 PM More reviews by tristinbrittany

This mascara is so dry. The only thing that I liked about it is the extra large brush.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2011 12:04:00 PM More reviews by sekhmet

Mascara isn't my favorite cosmetic--just something I feel I have to use due to my skimpy, pale lashes. I guess there was something about the idea of a mascara that's supposed to improve the condition of your lashes that appealed to me (even though I don't necessarily believe it), so I sought this out. I got black shimmer, because it came with a free e/s. However, I see no shimmer in this at all--on the wand or my lashes--which is fine as far as I'm concerned. I'm really pleased with this; it just makes my lashes look longer and darker, which imo is what mascara should do. I'd found a mascara I really liked a couple of years ago, but then it was dc. This is the first thing I've found since then that compares to it. The only reason I gave this a 4 instead of 5 is because of the gigantic wand, which makes the mascara needlessly difficult to apply. I think one of the newer rubber wands would be an improvement. As to the claim that GrowLuscious makes your real lashes longer or darker, I'm really not expecting that. If I start sprouting movie-star lashes, I will update. Right now, I'm just happy to have a mascara that I would rate "very good."
EDIT: Well, I booted this down to 2 lippies because, as I continued to use this mascara, it kind of dried up and then made my lashes clumpy. And I don't mean it dried out in a year, I mean pretty fast! Also that big ole wand got really annoying to use every day. Sorry, Revlon!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2011 5:25:00 PM More reviews by EM603

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am torn on this mascara. The first tube I bought was in a brown color..I loved the way it lengthened and conditioned my lashes. It did seem to smudge a bit but not bad. When that tube ran out I went to go buy another in the same brown, but they only had blackest black. I bought it anyway..for some reason my eyes started getting extremely puffy, red and itchy and I couldn't understand why. I decided to switch to a diff mascara for a few days and it went away. I tried it again, and what do you know..my eyes reacted the same way again! I don't know what they did to change the black formula but it's awful and I will not repurchase again after the reaction I had.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2011 1:12:00 PM More reviews by Phanatical28

Though I can't stand Jessica Biel & her ranting about this mascara's perks, I needed a new one so I gave this a try. I have no idea if it really does what it says, but it IS a good black mascara. My lashes are normally very thick, full, long and curled, but that can work against me - some mascaras turn them into the dreaded spider! This mascara, however, doesn't. It enhances what I have going for me, and even adds to the drama. My lashes are even fuller and longer with this on, yet I never look clownish or silly. One of the best, if not THE best, drugstore mascaras I've used to date.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2011 7:20:00 PM More reviews by MeganHeartsMakeup13

I expected a lot from this mascara. This mascara did make my lashes beatiful. But the brush is so gigantic. Like what the heck! I'm asian , and the brush is bigger than my eyes! But the worse thing is bout dis mascara is that it clumps and smears. Plus lots of fallouts! But the packaging was cute ...

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2011 6:28:00 PM More reviews by Jakijm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am on my second tube and I must say I am impressed!
I am pretty picky when it comes to mascara and I wasnt expecting this to work for me at all. Boy, was I wrong!
After three weeks I saw such an improvement with my lashes,
They were longer, and when I am not wearing makeup I can notice the change. My lashes are pretty long and lush now even look a bit darker. Ok, the performance of the daily wear - I am again pretty impressed ( This coming from someome that hated all Revlon's mascara before this)
I didnt notice any flaking, brush makes application easy ,
and no clumps! To me its a winner My lash blast is collecting dust!
Love!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2011 4:58:00 PM More reviews by MeghAshley

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really really like this mascara. It's said to be a lengthening mascara that has a formula that can also cause your lashes to grow longer with consistent use. I never really believe claims like that, but this mascara did make me lashes seem a bit longer. It was subtle, but I found that mascara started applying more nicely to my lashes. It also gives my lashes some volume as well. It's not crazy dramatic but it's great for a day look. The wand is quite large so it may be a little tricky for some to get used to, but once you get the hang of it, it works just fine. I even apply it to my bottom lashes. I would recommend this mascara if you're wanting a natural look with a little pizazz! :)