Revlon Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara

3.2

Water, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Stearic Acid, Cera Alba (Beeswax) (Beeswax), Isododecane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Hydrogenated Polycyclopentadiene, Trisiloxane, C30 45 Alkyl Dimethicone, Cera Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera Wax), Cera Carnauba Cire (Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax), Triethanolamine, Bis Vinyl Dimethicone Copolymer, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Olive Oil Stearyl Esters, Isosteareth 200 Linoleate, Acacia Gum (Acacia Senegal) (Acacia Senegal), Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein/PVP Crosspolymer, Phytantriol, Nylon 6, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C), Panthenol, Methoxy Amodimethicone/Silsequioxane Copolymer, Silica, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Simethicone, Butylene Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1 2 Hexanediol, May Contain ( /-): (CI 77897), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77897), Black 2 (CI 77266) (CI 77266), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007)

on 2/6/2011 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

OK, I've tried this twice. I really wanted to like it. With that big brush, it looks like it was meant for va-va-va-volume! I have blonde lashes and I like impact when I apply mascara and this one fell short... both times! Is it just me or does the formula seem thick and dry? Trust me when I say, you *notice* the application much more when you have to cover blonde lashes. The brush is very promising but is there really anything on it? It was frustrating to have to dip several times into the tube to get anything to show up (let alone cover) light lashes, but I've found that for me, Revlon (and Almay for that matter) are notoriously dry formulas that require a lot of work. Or am I doomed to always flunk out with dried up tubes? I'm flabbergasted. :(

on 2/6/2011 11:21:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

This is obviously a hit or miss product. You either love it, or hate it. I generally DO NOT buy Revlon products--they ALWAYS disappoint me. But at work I stock this product like crazy every night, and it's ALWAYS flying off the shelves I figured since I was unhappy with my last mascara I would give it a shot.
First I can see how the brush would be hard to use on small eyelashes or small eyes. I have the opposite problem: long eyelashes (brown colored) and big eyes. So it worked for me. I bought it in the blackest black they have (do not remember the name). It added a LOT of drama, not a lot of clumping and for the FIRST time with a mascara, my ridiculously straight lashes CURLED without the help of a curler! The only difference between the curl with just the mascara and the curl with a curler is the lashes in the outer corners stood up for with the curler. THAT IS IT. I didn't get a lot of clumping, and is easy for me to layer. I actually have accidentally slept in this mascara a couple of times and I had no running, super minimal flaking (NON waterproof!). Not bad. Finally Revlon comes through for me! DO NOT expect this however to make your lashes grow. Just won't happen. :) Will buy again...and again...and again.

I was very excited when I first purchased this product. When the time finally came to use it I was shocked at how big the wand is, I have small eyelashes (hense the reason for buying this product) so I didn't think it would mix. The formula is nice and nonclumpy but after wearing for a couple of hours it flakes. I dont know about anyone else but I have never experienced a more flaky mascara. Overall quite disappointed:(

on 2/2/2011 10:59:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

So far, this is probably my HG mascara. I haven't had a ton of luck with mascara but I love this! I don't know if it actually helps your lashes grow but it really does make them look longer and fuller, with no clumps. Then again, I only put one coat of mascara on, I hate when mascara looks unnatural. For my purposes though, this stuff works great!
So why the 4-lippy rating? It does, unfortunately, smudge a bit on me. And it is hard to take off, even though I have the non-waterproof formula. But no matter.

on 1/31/2011 2:51:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I was really disappointed with this mascara. I really wanted to like it, but it was just too bad. I dont know if I got a bad tube but the formula in mine was very dry and hardly put anything on my lashes.
I really liked the brush but that was about it. I got the formula with sparkles in it, so that might have effected the dryness of the formula.
I will say though, whenever it did transfer to my lashes, there were a ton of sparkles on my lashes. I was pretty impressed by how much glitter there was.

on 1/31/2011 2:39:00 PM

I really did not care for this mascara at all. I have pretty long lashes and this made them look short and clumpy. It smudged like crazy and flaked after only a couple hours. I do love the packaging and the wand but the formula just does not work with my lashes. I even tried using it with other mascaras and it looked like a clumpy mess. This got a lot of good reviews on youtube and that is why I bought it, but it just didn't do what I wanted. I'm glad it worked for others though. Still searching for my HG mascara. :)

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

i not sure if it really grows your lashes but it does give them length. the brush is quite big which makes it hard to get to the corner of my eye. i like my maybelline stiletto better and probably won't buy again.

on 1/30/2011 2:36:00 PM

I have fallen in love with this mascara! A friend gave it to me after getting it free with an eyeshadow because she didn't need it and I was out of mascara. It has a spectacularly large brush and the formula is really nice. It doesn't flake or run during a basic 8 hour day.It gives good separation and my lashes look a lot fuller. I've gotten comments from friends on how my lashes look longer. Definitely a repurchase when I run out. :)

on 1/28/2011 6:09:00 PM

First of all, I would like to say that I do NOT like this mascara. Revlon is notorious for making crappy mascaras in the first place (Double Twist = disaster) but I decided to purchase anyway due to some rave reviews. Big mistake. For an Asian, I do have decently long lashes, but they are a little sparse, so I generally go for volumizing mascaras. The GrowLuscious wand reminded me so much of Stila Major Major Lash mascara (which I love) so I thought that this could possibly be a drugstore dupe, which is great since the Stila is $20+. I was super excited and tried it out for the first time, but the disappointment set in VERY quickly. Although the wand is great (I prefer classic bristles over flexi-plastic), the formula is complete crap. The first coat gave some volume, and the second coat gave them a bit more volume + a lot of clumping. The formula is very dry so it dries very quickly as well. I usually do one coat on my left eye first then do my right to give the left a little bit of time to thicken up before I add the second coat. By the time I got back to my left eye for the second coat, the mascara had already dried about 90% which meant that the second coat was a clumpy, spider-lashy mess that flaked all over my under eyes, not cute. After learning this, I tried it a second time, doing two coats of mascara on one eye without any drying time in between, and this time it was less clumpy and flakey, but it amplified the spider-lash effect like crazy. Also, with prolonged wear, it does tend to smudge a bit underneath my lashline, it is a very small amount of smudging and no one probably sees it but me, but I still find it annoying. Maybe I haven't worked with this enough to come up with a solution, but I shouldn't have to work this hard to make a mascara work when there are a ton of other drugstore mascaras that deliver excellent results. The most redeeming quality about this mascara is the pigmentation, I bought the Blackest Black and it is indeed very dark, but the cons outweigh the pros by far, so I will not be repurchasing. Revlon, stick to nail polishes and lipsticks.

This mascara is so dry. The only thing that I liked about it is the extra large brush.