Pur Minerals Pressed Powder Foundation

3.9

ORIGINAL FORMULATION: Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 8%; Inactive Ingredients:Mica, Boron Nitride, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Silicate, Magnesium Carbonate, Silica, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii), Tocopheryl Acetate, Iron Oxides. May contain: Ultramarines NEW FORMULATION: Ingredients Mica, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Boron Nitride, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Silicate, Sodium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Mannitol, Sodium Gluconate, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Waltheria Indica Leaf Extract, Dextrin, Ferulic Acid, L-Lactic Acid, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Silica, Thioctic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Retinol, L-Ascorbic Acid, Ceramide 6 II, Magnolia Officinalis Bark Extract, Vitis Vinifera/Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Maltodextrin, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Skin, Glycerin, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5, L-Glutathione, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Hydrated Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aqua, Glucosamine HCI, Pisum Sativum (Pea) Extract, Bambusa Vulgaris Leaf/Stem Extract, Magnesium Carbonate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499). May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ultramarine (CI 77007)

on 2/24/2009 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I had great hopes for this product after hearing rave reviews.. everywhere! I was using BM before and liked it but though if there's something better I should try it out. I went to my nearest Ulta and picked out my shade (I got the starter kit). When I tried it out at first I really liked how it was pressed and not loose (less messy), but then I noticed it wasn't covering my blemishes or scars and that it didn't really match my skin tone at all (I got Golden Medium, same as my shade in BM, but it wasn't golden or yellow enough for my skin tone). Throughout the day it felt more and more like a mask, I got really oily and developed cosmetic acne from this foundation. I used this product for awhile and the results did not change.

on 2/13/2009 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Nothing special... just another powder. MAC studio fix powder has better coverage. You DO need to use a proper concealer under this if you want coverage for undereye circles, discolorations, acne marks, red spots etc. It will look cakey after a few hours of wear.

on 2/6/2009 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This review is for Pur Minerals powder foundation in Blush Medium. This foundation is just ok. It provides good coverage when I go over it with my NYX Twin Cake powder. I might like it better in summer when I don't need so much coverage.

on 2/5/2009 7:25:00 PM

easiest make-up ever! it's foundation, concealer, and powder all in one! i apply it first as a base using a foundation brush and then take a concealer brush to cover my blemishes. i also love that it has a separate compartment with a puff to powder your nose during the day. genius! the only negative is the chisel brush by pur minerals that they recommend you use to apply the product -- i found the brush scratchy and it didn't do a good job of buffing the product into my skin. i like my bare minerals brush better. but overall, a great product.

on 2/3/2009 1:38:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I've been using this product since Summer 2008 and I love it! I first purchased during Ulta's Buy 1 Get 1 free sale. I'm using Tan. It was my first time using a pressed mineral foundation, let alone a mineral foundation!

I found this to be perfect for my skin in the summer! I loved how it didn't look too harsh, cakey or heavy on my face! I also love how it's a 4-in-1 being foundation, concealer, skin protectant (due to the SPF) and powder all in a small compact!

I have very acne prone oily skin and not once did I breakout using this. I first started using this with my Posh kabuki brush but I've since started using it with the Pur Minerals Chisel makeup brush. It seems to apply better using that brush.

Recently, I was able to purchase a Christmas gift set with one compact, the chisel brush and 5 of their makeup remover wipes from Dillards. Since it was after Xmas, I got the kit for 75% off so it ended up costing me just a mere $10! I think I'll go back and get another to stock up on more.

on 1/31/2009 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

Never before have I had a foundation that blends smooth and doesn't irritate my skin has great buildable coverage and doesn't come out cakey if you buff it enough

I personally adore mineral makeup but the Pur mineral brand just didn't do it for me. It applies almost creamy, if built up in an attempt to cover acne or red spots it ends up looking cakey and uneven over time.

The first time I applied this I thought I looked airbrushed. Then I took the mirror in front of a window, in the sunshine I saw that the makeup just looked caked on. I tried having my friend who is a makeup artist apply it on me and the same thing happened. The bismuth in this product also makes my skin itch slightly.

Overall I founf this product to be really poor for skin that needs a lot of coverage, it just didnt end up looking natural. If you have very clear smooth skin this may work for you, if you dont it just ends up looking like a cakey mess in the right light.

on 1/28/2009 7:05:00 PM

I love this product. I needed something with light coverage to hide some acne scars and Pur minerals works perfectly. Just use a firm concealer brush and you're good to go.

There is one drawback though... I normally have dry skin, but after stepping out into the frigid cold weather Pur minerals caused my forehead to be shiny. This happened after I put on a little heavier coverage on my forehead due to a PMS breakout. I just blotted it with a tissue and it went away.

The light foundation matches my skin perfectly. But do not use the sponge it comes with. It's not sanitary and could cause you to break out. Instead, I use my Japonesque Mineral Face brush.

on 1/28/2009 1:48:00 AM

I really wanted to love this foundation but I can't. I've gotten it for about 3 months now and I've used it twice. The packaging is compact and easy to carry around. Comes with pressed powder on one side and a mirror and sponge in the other compartment.

I got the light and maybe it's the wrong color for me but I don't see a difference with and without it. I heard some really good reviews (compared to mac) and I do not agree. Not comparable. It's smooth but does nothing for me.

on 1/27/2009 9:46:00 PM

I was scared to use this because of my prior experience with Everyday Minerals (bad colour) and Alima (bad colour, flakiness, and breakouts), but with Pur Minerals, I have had no breakouts so far (have been using this for about two weeks now) and the coverage is quite good. I usually use a kabuki brush and dust it all over my face and then I use a concealer brush to cover up any spots.

It gives me a nice glow to my face!

EDIT September 25/09. I've been using this for a while now, and I really love it. No breakouts, nice coverage, and the colour is really natural. My skin has actually improved too so unsure if it's because of the acne cream I'm using or this!