Pur Minerals Pressed Powder Foundation

ORIGINAL FORMULATION: Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 8%; Inactive Ingredients:Mica, Boron Nitride, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Silicate, Magnesium Carbonate, Silica, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii), Tocopheryl Acetate, Iron Oxides. May contain: Ultramarines NEW FORMULATION: Ingredients Mica, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Boron Nitride, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Silicate, Sodium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Mannitol, Sodium Gluconate, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Waltheria Indica Leaf Extract, Dextrin, Ferulic Acid, L-Lactic Acid, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Silica, Thioctic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Retinol, L-Ascorbic Acid, Ceramide 6 II, Magnolia Officinalis Bark Extract, Vitis Vinifera/Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Maltodextrin, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Skin, Glycerin, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5, L-Glutathione, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Hydrated Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aqua, Glucosamine HCI, Pisum Sativum (Pea) Extract, Bambusa Vulgaris Leaf/Stem Extract, Magnesium Carbonate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499). May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ultramarine (CI 77007)

on 3/9/2009 12:16:00 AM

I really like this foundation! I have also tried BE too and I liked that as well. I really like the packaging of pur minerals though, the fact that it's a pressed powder does make it easier to work with, and better for travel.

I purchased this in the little get started kit at ulta, because I wanted to see how I liked the brush....and I hated it! It really sucks. I like the shape of it and everything, it was just way too scratchy for my liking. So, I returned the kit and just bought the full size foundation. I would recommend anyone contemplating the get started kit to not bother unless you really like the blush and bronzer.

Anyway, I like this foundation because I feel it suits my combo/oily skin quite well. The coverage is good, and it stays on my skin longer than the liquid foundations I've tried. I love it also for the convenience factor. It takes like two seconds to apply and have it look great! I've used a concealor brush and it conceals pretty well for minor imperfections, but for bigger blemishes etc, I use a separate concealor. If you like mineral makeup, you should consider giving this a try because I used BE for a long time and I like this a little bit more.

One of the only drawbacks for me is the shade selection. I like golden medium for me, but it is almost a tad too light, and the next shade down, tan, is a tad too dark. I find that golden medium is good for me for the winter, I may have to get the tan in the summer. I'm nc35 by the way.

One more bit of info: If you are sick of using your BE all over face brush or the horrible brush that comes with pur minerals, give the japonesque mineral face brush a try. I'm in love with it! If you want more info, see my review on it. xoxo

on 2/28/2009 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Pros: Light texture that leaves my completely sensitive skin breathing. The exact amount of coverage i need. Very easy to work with. Its a 4-in-1 product (spf, foundation, concealer and powder)
Cons: It doesnt give the nice glowing effect that some liquid foundations do. It might be in the "mineral" side but it does contain waxes and preservatives.
Will buy it again, its my everyday foundation, it saves me time and makes things easy. Very good product!

on 2/26/2009 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Wow Im surprised I never reviewed this, I've been using it for a while now. First of all when I first bought this I bought it in Blush Medium which I disliked the look it gave me so I abandoned it and went back to BE, but I had a training at work and the rep gave me tan..which i found out before thats my real shade but i got it as gratis and now I'm always wearing it. I love it...it gives such good coverage, doesn't break me out and just goes on so smoothly and stays put. It's really great and i love how it's not messy and you can take it with you for touchups and its a 4-in-1 (Foundation, Concealer, Powder, and SPF 15) so it's quick and looks so natural and feels like nothing on. It's still all natural and all minerals, it's just pressed with vit E and shea butter..2 moisturizing ingredients that I love. It's still great for all skin types. 24.50 and found at Ulta.

on 2/24/2009 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I had great hopes for this product after hearing rave reviews.. everywhere! I was using BM before and liked it but though if there's something better I should try it out. I went to my nearest Ulta and picked out my shade (I got the starter kit). When I tried it out at first I really liked how it was pressed and not loose (less messy), but then I noticed it wasn't covering my blemishes or scars and that it didn't really match my skin tone at all (I got Golden Medium, same as my shade in BM, but it wasn't golden or yellow enough for my skin tone). Throughout the day it felt more and more like a mask, I got really oily and developed cosmetic acne from this foundation. I used this product for awhile and the results did not change.

on 2/13/2009 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Nothing special... just another powder. MAC studio fix powder has better coverage. You DO need to use a proper concealer under this if you want coverage for undereye circles, discolorations, acne marks, red spots etc. It will look cakey after a few hours of wear.

on 2/6/2009 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This review is for Pur Minerals powder foundation in Blush Medium. This foundation is just ok. It provides good coverage when I go over it with my NYX Twin Cake powder. I might like it better in summer when I don't need so much coverage.

on 2/5/2009 7:25:00 PM

easiest make-up ever! it's foundation, concealer, and powder all in one! i apply it first as a base using a foundation brush and then take a concealer brush to cover my blemishes. i also love that it has a separate compartment with a puff to powder your nose during the day. genius! the only negative is the chisel brush by pur minerals that they recommend you use to apply the product -- i found the brush scratchy and it didn't do a good job of buffing the product into my skin. i like my bare minerals brush better. but overall, a great product.

on 2/3/2009 1:38:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I've been using this product since Summer 2008 and I love it! I first purchased during Ulta's Buy 1 Get 1 free sale. I'm using Tan. It was my first time using a pressed mineral foundation, let alone a mineral foundation!

I found this to be perfect for my skin in the summer! I loved how it didn't look too harsh, cakey or heavy on my face! I also love how it's a 4-in-1 being foundation, concealer, skin protectant (due to the SPF) and powder all in a small compact!

I have very acne prone oily skin and not once did I breakout using this. I first started using this with my Posh kabuki brush but I've since started using it with the Pur Minerals Chisel makeup brush. It seems to apply better using that brush.

Recently, I was able to purchase a Christmas gift set with one compact, the chisel brush and 5 of their makeup remover wipes from Dillards. Since it was after Xmas, I got the kit for 75% off so it ended up costing me just a mere $10! I think I'll go back and get another to stock up on more.

on 1/31/2009 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

Never before have I had a foundation that blends smooth and doesn't irritate my skin has great buildable coverage and doesn't come out cakey if you buff it enough

I personally adore mineral makeup but the Pur mineral brand just didn't do it for me. It applies almost creamy, if built up in an attempt to cover acne or red spots it ends up looking cakey and uneven over time.

The first time I applied this I thought I looked airbrushed. Then I took the mirror in front of a window, in the sunshine I saw that the makeup just looked caked on. I tried having my friend who is a makeup artist apply it on me and the same thing happened. The bismuth in this product also makes my skin itch slightly.

Overall I founf this product to be really poor for skin that needs a lot of coverage, it just didnt end up looking natural. If you have very clear smooth skin this may work for you, if you dont it just ends up looking like a cakey mess in the right light.