July 29, 2014 | 2076 users online

Powder - Pur Minerals - Pressed Powder Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2009 11:27:00 AM More reviews by sanyav

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Nothing special... just another powder. MAC studio fix powder has better coverage. You DO need to use a proper concealer under this if you want coverage for undereye circles, discolorations, acne marks, red spots etc. It will look cakey after a few hours of wear.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2009 5:02:00 PM More reviews by tuffers

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This review is for Pur Minerals powder foundation in Blush Medium. This foundation is just ok. It provides good coverage when I go over it with my NYX Twin Cake powder. I might like it better in summer when I don't need so much coverage.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2009 7:25:00 PM More reviews by ritzgirl1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

easiest make-up ever! it's foundation, concealer, and powder all in one! i apply it first as a base using a foundation brush and then take a concealer brush to cover my blemishes. i also love that it has a separate compartment with a puff to powder your nose during the day. genius! the only negative is the chisel brush by pur minerals that they recommend you use to apply the product -- i found the brush scratchy and it didn't do a good job of buffing the product into my skin. i like my bare minerals brush better. but overall, a great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2009 1:38:00 AM More reviews by nikita2471

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product since Summer 2008 and I love it! I first purchased during Ulta's Buy 1 Get 1 free sale. I'm using Tan. It was my first time using a pressed mineral foundation, let alone a mineral foundation!

I found this to be perfect for my skin in the summer! I loved how it didn't look too harsh, cakey or heavy on my face! I also love how it's a 4-in-1 being foundation, concealer, skin protectant (due to the SPF) and powder all in a small compact!

I have very acne prone oily skin and not once did I breakout using this. I first started using this with my Posh kabuki brush but I've since started using it with the Pur Minerals Chisel makeup brush. It seems to apply better using that brush.

Recently, I was able to purchase a Christmas gift set with one compact, the chisel brush and 5 of their makeup remover wipes from Dillards. Since it was after Xmas, I got the kit for 75% off so it ended up costing me just a mere $10! I think I'll go back and get another to stock up on more.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2009 2:53:00 PM More reviews by d4d

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Never before have I had a foundation that blends smooth and doesn't irritate my skin has great buildable coverage and doesn't come out cakey if you buff it enough

rated 1 of 5 on 1/29/2009 3:01:00 PM More reviews by Cottoncandyandlollipops

I personally adore mineral makeup but the Pur mineral brand just didn't do it for me. It applies almost creamy, if built up in an attempt to cover acne or red spots it ends up looking cakey and uneven over time.

The first time I applied this I thought I looked airbrushed. Then I took the mirror in front of a window, in the sunshine I saw that the makeup just looked caked on. I tried having my friend who is a makeup artist apply it on me and the same thing happened. The bismuth in this product also makes my skin itch slightly.

Overall I founf this product to be really poor for skin that needs a lot of coverage, it just didnt end up looking natural. If you have very clear smooth skin this may work for you, if you dont it just ends up looking like a cakey mess in the right light.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2009 7:05:00 PM More reviews by xdahlia

I love this product. I needed something with light coverage to hide some acne scars and Pur minerals works perfectly. Just use a firm concealer brush and you're good to go.

There is one drawback though... I normally have dry skin, but after stepping out into the frigid cold weather Pur minerals caused my forehead to be shiny. This happened after I put on a little heavier coverage on my forehead due to a PMS breakout. I just blotted it with a tissue and it went away.

The light foundation matches my skin perfectly. But do not use the sponge it comes with. It's not sanitary and could cause you to break out. Instead, I use my Japonesque Mineral Face brush.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/28/2009 1:48:00 AM More reviews by vanessacolen

I really wanted to love this foundation but I can't. I've gotten it for about 3 months now and I've used it twice. The packaging is compact and easy to carry around. Comes with pressed powder on one side and a mirror and sponge in the other compartment.

I got the light and maybe it's the wrong color for me but I don't see a difference with and without it. I heard some really good reviews (compared to mac) and I do not agree. Not comparable. It's smooth but does nothing for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2009 9:46:00 PM More reviews by aurora_stone

I was scared to use this because of my prior experience with Everyday Minerals (bad colour) and Alima (bad colour, flakiness, and breakouts), but with Pur Minerals, I have had no breakouts so far (have been using this for about two weeks now) and the coverage is quite good. I usually use a kabuki brush and dust it all over my face and then I use a concealer brush to cover up any spots.

It gives me a nice glow to my face!

EDIT September 25/09. I've been using this for a while now, and I really love it. No breakouts, nice coverage, and the colour is really natural. My skin has actually improved too so unsure if it's because of the acne cream I'm using or this!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2009 3:37:00 AM More reviews by blushingpale

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I had to try the 4-in-1 pressed makeup because the idea of a mineral foundation/sunscreen/concealer and powder really appeals to me. Also I had heard Pur Minerals was less drying than other mineral makeups due to the shea butter.

I also assumed (incorrectly) that it would be less messy to use pressed minerals instead of loose. But if you're applying with a kabuki, the Pur Minerals is actually messier because the sides of the container are low so the powder loosened by the kabuki gets pushed over the side more easily than with a sifter jar.

I applied the product quite heavily because I found that a light application didn't give me enough coverage. It did look a little cakey by the time I got the coverage I wanted to hide my rosacea. I also used a concealer brush to apply as spot concealer. Once applied, it looked quite nice except for the slight cakiness. The finish was matte but not too flat. It didn't highlight pores or lines, for me. I didn't expect it to work well as a concealer under my eyes, but it didn't crease too badly. In that area it outperformed most mineral makeup I've tried.

As for the cons, it did get a bit oily in my t-zone and my nose needed blotting every few hours. Not too bad, but the makeup really seemed to dry out my cheek area. Apparently the silica is a drying agent (silica can also be dangerous to inhale, and can irritate skin). Also my skin felt itchy. Pur Minerals contains bismuth oxycholoride which apparently 70% of people with sensitive skin have problems with. I had checked Pur Minerals website and thought there was very little bismuth, but on the box it is the fourth ingredient listed.

The next day I noticed my nose had a slight scaliness/flakiness like I'd been in the sun too long (my nose NEVER flakes) and my cheek area was still dry.

Verdict: 4-in-one is going back to the store, and I'm going back to getting my mineral makeup online (EM or Buffd). Bottom line: Pur Minerals performed not much better than other mineral makeups for longevity or oil control, worse for hydration, and it has more unsafe ingredients.