E.L.F. Essential Eyelid Primer - Sheer

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

Cyclopentasiloxane, Octyl Palmitate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone, Kaolin, Triacontanyl PVP, Propylene Carbonate, Titanium Dioxide, Barium Sulfate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica (CI 77019).

on 9/21/2012 1:21:00 PM

Great product. Easy to use and so cheap! Make sure to not use too much though because it will give you as greasy feel (as with any eyelid primer though...).

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This is a really good product by ELF one of they're best in my opinion, I spend alot of time applying, blending, and perfecting my eye makeup and once it's on there it better stay put through my sometimes 10+ hrs of wear, if you think about it eyelid primer might just be the most important product you put on your face/it's the base of all your beautiful es colors :)
I picked this up @ Target when looking for my usual eyelid primer/Loreal Decrease, I didn't see it and since I've seen this around for some time for a dollar I decided to try it, I thought I might like it better than Loreal Decrease, and I do :) The formula applies creamily and dries to a matte beige/white finish not sheer like the tube suggest not a problem for me. It does not crease and holds up es very well on my oily lids, I will say that it does absolutely nothing for pigmentation/popping es, neither did Decrease so not a factor personally issue solved with a good base. I'm more worried about the crease issue with oily/hooded lids. After a few uses I went back to Target and purchased 5 more tubes :) (I had to go to the same store twice, they were out first time around and I was determined to stock up! :) I do recommend trying before you buy high end brands, you might like it you might not, if you don't it was only $1 :)

on 9/16/2012 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have a love/hate relationship with this primer. Let me explain...

PROS:
-Obviously primes my eyeshadow.
-dirt-stinkin-cheap at $1.
-Easy to find a Target.
-You get a pretty good amount of product.
-Keeps my eyeshadow on longer than w/o primer.
-Allows for a smoother application.
-Applicator makes applying a breeze.

CONS:
-Has a liquidy-oily texture, and it doesn't really FEEL like it does anything.
-Doesn't make colors stand out anymore that w/o primer
-There's better drugstore primers out there
-Dries out after a while

I'm gonna search around to see if there's anything better, but cheaper than the L'Oreal magic perfecting base (I used that as an eye primer for the longest time and loved it... and it lasted me soooo long)

on 9/16/2012 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This primer keeps my eyeshadows put all day! The texture is very light and smooth and it's just a neutral shade. This is a bang for your buck and I would definitely try it out

on 9/15/2012 11:30:00 PM

Wow! This product is great.I put it on at 6:00am when I get ready for school, and 9:00 at night my eye makeup is still there in place.It's only a dollar, but I can't buy it locally so I ordered it from eBay and it cost more like 7 dollars.Wasn't disappointed though!

on 9/11/2012 7:50:00 PM

I have this in Sheer, and I think it's amazing for keeping your shadow from creasing! I only tried it once or twice so far, but it's made SUCH a big difference in my eyeshadow at the end of the day! Usually it would look all oily, and a lot of it would have creased, migrated, and looked horrible. But with this, it looks just as fresh at the end of the day as it did when I applied it in the morning! I like the packaging, it's simple but sleek. It has a bit of a "slippery" feeling when you apply it, and I sort of like how it feels, it's very smooth. It doesn't help with pigmentation at all, but if you really need to keep your shadow from creasing like I did, then this stuff is amazing, especially for a dollar!

on 9/2/2012 1:10:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I couldn't even evaluate my e/s staying power with this..there are big random glitter pieces. I guess if you are under 30, that's cool. I used the 2 I bought once, and gave them to my daughter. I'll stick with UDPP. And, my budget is not big-it's just worth it.

on 9/1/2012 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

After spending nearly twenty dollars on TFSI, I decided to give this lid primer a try and was pleasantly surprised. For a dollar it does pretty much the same job, and my eye makeup (from MAC to Cover Girl) does not budge, even in extreme heat and humidity. The one thing I don't like about these tubes with wand applicators is that you can't get all the product out, but it's not such a big deal when the cost is so cheap. (In fact, that was the determining factor when I decided to go with TFSI instead of UDPP.) I've already repurchased this a couple of times and have even recommended it to friends.

on 9/1/2012 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I like it but I think I want to try NYX next. Although it's 8 dollars, I've heard its a perfect dupe for Urban Decay but much cheaper. It makes my color pop and it lasts longer although most of my products are low end, if I use a high end product it lasts for a LONG time.

on 9/1/2012 10:12:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

The staying power was uh-may-zing. And this is from someone who comes from a hot climate. People who see my eyeshadow at the end of the day are amazed that it's still the same way it looked in the morning. Although it doesn't add vibrancy to my eyeshadow or seem to have that silicone feel if you're into that. So it's a very practical primer but I love it. Worth it.