E.L.F. Essential Eyelid Primer - Sheer

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

Cyclopentasiloxane, Octyl Palmitate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone, Kaolin, Triacontanyl PVP, Propylene Carbonate, Titanium Dioxide, Barium Sulfate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica (CI 77019).

on 10/23/2012 8:17:00 PM

I got this based on how many people love it on this website. I got the white(thin oily white with glitter) and the nude (oily thin beige color) I swatched this on may hand and the texture alone freaked me out that it was so oily that I was afraid to use my mac eyeshadow over this for fear of applying my brush over this oily substance to my eyeshadow pot repeatedly would transfer some of the oily product to my eyeshadow pot which could ruin it (mac eyeshadow textures will change if they are mixed with water or oil). Anywho I feel like people want to dupe everything... just because its an eyeshadow primer doesn't mean its "just like UDPP" and if you have never tried UDPP then how are you at liberty to compare the two?
I swatched this on my hand along with UDPP also to compare the two I put eyeshadow over it (romp by mac if you were wondering). It was very obvious the ELF primer did little in terms or enhancing the color and because of the oily texture of the primer the color just looked muddy and washed out. I tried it on my eyes and the same thing happened it looked lighter on some parts and darker on other parts very splotchy and cheap looking. While the swatch over the Urban Decay potion was vibrant, loud, smooth, even, honestly it just make your eyeshadow, whatever your wearing look flawless and high end.
This product makes me want to buy several backups for my UDPP. I would recomend buying the UDPP its worth the money and makes your makeup look amazing.
Im sorry I bought these primer they are gong in the garbage
From now on I might stick with just the elf brushes because the actual makeup products are just not up to par with h/e alternative, yes h/e makeup is good its worth the money and 90% of the time better than drugstore makeup, I'm sorry to say its true...

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Pros
Helps eyeliner last most of the day

Cons
I can see all the way into the bottom of the tube...where is all the product? The way that the primer is fully covered up the sides of the tube you would think its filled to the top

Dries white...not sheer. Worse for darker complexions

Wouldn't buy again. I bought it as a first try

This is awful. For the first few days it worked fine, but then it actually started to make my eyelids oily and my eye shadow crease like crazy, which has never been a problem before. I don't recommend this, spend the extra 19$ on Urban Decay's primer potion, it's the only one that truly works for me.

on 10/20/2012 1:47:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

So amazing, just like UDPP. I have this one in sheer. It lasts all day without creasing and gives shadows vibrancy. Such a good deal for $1!

on 10/19/2012 7:53:00 PM

great primer
makes my eyeshadow go on smooth and prevents creasing
its a great consistency not too thick not too thin
but you have to work with it fast because it does seem to dry pretty quickly
for a buck you cant go wrong if you cant afford UDPP try this youll love it!

on 10/17/2012 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Works great if you apply 2 coats! One coat seems to crease throughout the day. It also works good if you apply it where your smiles are before foundation to prevent creasing there!

on 10/15/2012 5:39:00 AM

I guess this is good for its price, but I don't like how difficult it is to blend in. It dries far too quickly & there were times I had splotches of it dried on my eyelids. Otherwise, good for its value - it does a good job in helping eyeshadow stay but not so much for eyeliner.

the price of this product is amazing only one dollar even for the little amount you get considering you do not need a lot of product. I have very oily lids and i wear this even when i am not wearing eye shadow to control oil. its amazing. i recommend it to anyone.

on 10/10/2012 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I first got into make up maybe a year and a half ago, and this was my first eyeshadow primer. For a beginner, this is good, however, as I started to get into more products (and this is not to say only high end products), I found this to be less effective. I've used Too Faced, Urban Decay, and ELF.

1) The product itself is slightly watered down/ sheer. 2) There isn't much product in actuality and I found I was done with the tube within maybe a month and a half. 3) After a while it dries up and is harder to apply. 4) It ceases easily on my oily skin.

Generally, there are some great ELF product such as the blushes, but this particular one is not one of those great products. Also I feel like the studio eyelid primer is the same thing as the 1$ one...

on 10/8/2012 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

So I finished up my urban decay sample that I had, and I just wasn't ready to splurge on a new bottle. I did some research and picked up the ELF eye primer at target. I figured for $1, what could it hurt?

It it absolutely comparable to UD. In fact, I think I like it even more just because of the price tag! I took a photo of some Naked 2 palette colors and also the WnW Comfort Zone colors. This stuff more than doubles the color pay off.

I'm sold. Take a look up above and you can really really see the difference. I would say that the consistency isn't as great as UD, and you do have to use a bit more, but that's the only real difference I can tell. Pick it up! You won't be disappointed. :)