April 23, 2014 | 2102 users online

Eye Primer - E.L.F. - Essential Eyelid Primer - Sheer

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2012 9:44:00 PM More reviews by bananachan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I have this primer in three colors: sheer, pearl, and golden. The pearl was the first one I bought, and I was extremely disappointed. All of the product was dried up inside the tube. I decided to give e.l.f. the benefit of the doubt and I purchased another. To be honest, I cannot see a whole lot of difference between this and UDPP.

So far, the sheer and golden colors have worked out great for me. I use them with my Naked Palette and I can't even tell the difference. For as little money as I spent on these, I will definitely be buying again.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2012 6:55:00 PM More reviews by lecnicol

dirt cheap but this primer didn't really do much on my eyelids. my e/s still creases but i think it helps with helping the e/s stick to my lids.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2012 3:30:00 PM More reviews by bebewu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This potion is easy to apply on your lids. The texture is very light and can be a little wet. I find it useful to dab it a bit and blend it out with my finger. It takes a few seconds to dry. My eyeshadow lasts about 8 hours on this primer. I have the Urban Decay one but sometimes I reach for this one because it dries a lot quicker and works. I think it's a good product and good value. It works and I would buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2012 9:45:00 PM More reviews by mayebear87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I used to use UDPP, and I liked it...but then I found this $1 beauty, and I will never buy a high end eyeshadow primer again! This works just as well as the UDPP...so why not spend WAY less? Enough said.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2012 8:01:00 PM More reviews by mmherman

I have used UDPP, but didn't really need it at the time so when my eyelids started getting greasy and my eye makeup creasing, I did consider buying that primer again. But I really couldn't bring myself to spend the money on the full sized version, especially because I couldn't remember being blown away by the product.

So I got online and saw what other people were recommending. I don't think anyone really raved about this primer, but I saw good things about the mineral eye primer and some of the other ELF products. So I thought for $1 I would give this lil guy a try. I am happy that I did because it really did a good job. I would normally get through half my day and have creased and greasy eye makeup, but not with this! I think it does a great job, especially considering it is a very cheap product.

I'd recommend you give this product a try. I'm currently not using it, as I got a Mac paint pot and am trying that out. I'm a bit of a makeup therapy shopper so I buy lots of products I already have. But seriously I give this a thumbs up! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2012 2:33:00 PM More reviews by OneToeThumb

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have really oily eyelids. It's irratating as eyeshadows always crease. I've tried UDPP, but it didn't work. The colour of that one is great but the formula too creamy.

Then I discovered this. I've got through 3. It doesn't last that long (the bottle) but the product works!! It dries on your lids (although quite pale in colour). It doesn't lift the colour like UDPP however it makes my eyeshadows stay!

So when I want more vibrancy from my UDPP I simply this potion under it.
It is good to be worn under bases which tend to crease (mac paint pots and nyx eye pencils.

LOVE IT! IT's SO CHEAP & USEFUL!

Nikki x

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2012 11:27:00 PM More reviews by Taffy98

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my first eyelid primer ever, and I absolutely love it!! The formula is really creamy and sheer, and tends to make my eyelids alot whiter than they are. Other than it changing colors, it really holds on to my eyeshadow color and makes it last all day. I also bought it at Target for $1!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2012 9:09:00 PM More reviews by sarahann1994

This is the 1st eye shadow primer I have ever purchased. I really like it! It makes my eye shadow last all day and doesn't smudge or crease. I gave it 4 lippies because when I had this delivered (ordered off the internet) the bottle was leaking a little bit. I know it was only a dollar, but I don't like wasting product. Another thing that is a little bit of a turn off to me is how oily this is. Maybe it is supposed to be like that or I just got a defective batch. I would repurchase just because it is a dollar.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2012 8:26:00 PM More reviews by mellyru

This product has generally worked out pretty well for me. The results aren't super fabulous like UDPP, but of course, you have to keep in mind that you get what you paid for. The product only claims to prolong your eyeshadow wear, not make it vibrant and vamp it up like UDPP does. Also, I've noticed that it works great for some people and not for others.
Luckily for me, this product has lasted me around a year (since I didn't really wear make-up as often as I do now). It wasn't until recently that I discovered the product stopped working =( I guess the shelf-life for this primer is definitely under a year!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2012 7:04:00 PM More reviews by randers

I skimmed through the other reviews, and I noticed that a lot of the negative ones are folks struggling with the nature of an eye shadow primer in general. I only use two eye shadow primers: this one and UDPP original. I have to say, they are VERY comparable. I use them interchangeably and I have not noticed a different in wear or shadow pigmentation. The only difference is that when applied, ELF's has a thinner, more oily texture and it takes a few minutes to dry. Once dry though, texture is not a factor - - there is no difference in quality.

Really, the only negative of this formula is that it you need to minute for it to dry completely. I actually prefer this to UDPP because of the thinner formula (easier to apply) and I like the packaging more. And it's $1, that helps too.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No