Clarisonic Mia

4.2

Plastic

on 8/11/2012 8:43:00 AM

The Mia is a great product. I don't know how it does it, but it works wonders in keeping the skin clean, soft and clear.
I have been using it for a few months and it has really helped to keep my skin clear, reduced the my white heads and blackheads and my skin is soft and trouble free.
I use it at night in the shower and I feel like it really does the job.

on 8/10/2012 3:58:00 PM

I was recommended the Clarisonic Mia by my esthetician. I had heard rave reviews of this product, but I was always skeptical on buying it because of how pricey it is. I've been using it for about a week now. For the first few days, I really liked how clean it made my skin feel, and I felt that my skin looked a bit brighter. After the next few days, though--wow! What a difference it's made in my skin. I had this dime-sized spot of darker, dry skin next to my lip that had not gone away for 3 weeks, and after a few days of using the Mia on it, it went away completely! Nothing else had worked on diminishing its appearance except the Mia. My skin looks brighter and I did not even have to wear makeup on my recent vacation. My skin looks great in the photos! I will definitely keep on using the Mia for a long time. I'm a bit obsessed with exfoliating my skin since I'm prone to dry patches and hyperpigmentation, so this is great for me.

The only down side is that I feel I can't use it everyday--my skin is sensitive and sometimes parts of my skin will get drier if I use the Mia everyday. So, from now on, I will alternate every night with using the Mia.

Basically, if you have dull, discolored, acne prone skin like me, I would definitely look into buying this product. It's an investment but it's worth it in the long run. I also did not break out from the Mia, but I have read that some people have an 'initial breakout' with it.

EDIT on 6/14/13: I'm just coming back to add on that I've been using the Clarisonic Mia consistently for almost a year now. It has become an everyday essential for me in my skin routine; I can't go a day without it or else my skin feels congested. I have combination, acne prone skin and I get clogged pores VERY easily. Using the Clarisonic Mia has definitely helped me keep my pores cleaner and my overall face looking healthier/more even toned. It's helped fade hyperpigmentation really fast too. Overall, I LOVE my Clarisonic and will continue to use it everyday. I just bought a new brush head, the Deep Pore one, and I'm really loving how clean it helps my skin feel. One thing that I WILL say though is that don't expect this to be a 'miracle cure' for your acne, if you have acne. I get zits right around that time of the month and they still pop up. However, I do think the Clarisonic has prevented other ones from popping up. Basically if you're thinking about buying this product I say go for it!!

on 8/10/2012 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

bought this because i needed some deep cleaning badly it. it does an amazing job of removing everything from your skin. i still cleanse to remove makeup then use this to be more thorough. i've been using for 2 weeks so far and this has started to clear up some pretty large cystic bumps i've had lurking under my skin. i know these would have taken forever to clear up on their own. i purchased the deep pore brush head and have been using that mainly right now, but will alternate with the sensitive head. so far i'm pleased with the results and will update if anything drastic happens
*edit* ended up returning. the initial benefits were short lived and not worth the price

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I can't say enough good things about the Clarisonic. It makes my skin feel so smooth and even after using a makeup remover, this gets any traces left over of makeup. I use it every night but sometimes I'll use it twice a day (I love that I can use it in the shower). Totally worth it. I usually buy a new head for it every 4-5 months and I don't notice any difference. I'm very excited to try the new acne brush.
LOVE THE CLARISONIC.

on 8/10/2012 9:59:00 AM

I love love love this product! I ordered mine off the internet but you can buy the tool at Ulta. The product comes with different types of brush heads. I used the sensitive one for my face and I also use the body brush to give myself a nice exfoliation before I shave my legs. I would recommend using the sensitive brush at first because when introducing this product to your face for the first time it can be a bit harsh. Also, when I first started using this product I had minor acne/blackheads so at first my skin just got worse from using this, but after one week one skin started to clear up look amazing! The first week of using this product your face is purging all of the bad gross stuff so don't freak out! In addition, it is said that using the Mia your face is 6 times cleaner than if you were to manually clean your face! It may only 6 times cleaner but that's enough for me! I love the clean feeling I get after using it! This should be everyone's first purchase to better healthier skin!

on 8/8/2012 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This product is AH-MAZING! ive been using it for a week now and after the first day i used it my skin felt so soft and so clear. The next day i woke up and my mom noticed a difference in my skin right away. I use to wake up with a new pimple everyday and since ive been using this I have yet to get a single pimple. It reduced the size of my pores and is slowly getting rid of my acne scars. I love it!

Bought this 6months ago and here's my little review (hoping to keep them as concise as possible)

Pros:-
Great cleanser+exfoilator.
Gentle
Keeps dirt away and removes makeup almost completely
I used to have many pustules, but this has kept them all away :)
My acne has definitely improved
Rough skin gone!
clogged pores reduced

cons:-
doesnt remove BLACKHEADS at all!
i still have acne every now and then
i wish it had the timer for each section of the face for this price.
reallyyyyy expensive but worth the investment

on 8/7/2012 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Ok ladies! I finally bought this clarisonic mia for about 2 months ago. I ordered it online and make it ship to singapore and I must say I really love this device!

First of all, it is not a miracle tool, it just cleanses your skin. The reason why clean skin is important is because it will help in the absorption of treatments you put on your skin, and also to unclog pores.

I had pretty bad skin, I wore make up 13 hours a day (mon-sat) for 4 months, and it has really made my skin congested and clogged up. Before I purchase Mia, I was having very terrible breakouts (I am usually a happy person, but this incident made me really depressed). I couldn't walk out of my house without foundation on, and I use loads and loads of foundation just to cover my acne. Make up was doing more harm than good and I've tried everything I can to clean my skin well but it is just isn't helping, those harsh cleansers made my skin dry patchy and extremely oily at the same time. My skin felt scaly and gross, really.

So I ordered Mia online and while i was waiting for its arrival, I was using this cleansing sponge pad + cetaphil to clean/exfoliate my skin. My skin has gotten slightly better through this method.

When the clarisonic came, I use it only once a day with cetaphil / la roche posay effclar deep foaming cleanser, I alternate them once in a while as I find that my skin gets used to the same cleanser very easily.
For the 1st few days of using it, it wasn't up to my expectation as my skin was not left feeling smooth, it kinda feels a little rough. My face also did not transform suddenly into a clear skinned lady, when I apply toner onto my skin, the cotton pad still comes back quite dirty. So, I figured that I must be using it in a wrong way (scrubbing too hard, not circulating enough). I tried again and improve the method of how I use it, gentle pressure on skin and circulate it once every second, and this method helped! My skin felt soft and cleaned!

Spots have most definitely reduced, it has faded my scars quicker than usual too. My skincare regime plays a big part on this, nevertheless, I cannot live without clarisonic, it is like my toothbrush, can't live with just cleaning face with sponge pads anymore.

on 8/7/2012 8:48:00 AM

I bought my daughter the cheapie Olay version for Christmas last year and I bought an extra head for me to use occasionally. I thought it worked pretty well, but then I caught a really good sale on the Clarisonic Mia and had to try it.

In my opinion, the Mia is TOTALLY worth the extra cost and there is no comparison in how they work. While the brush on the Olay tool simply rotates, the brush on the Mia vibrates, so it is gentler and doesn't pull your skin in all directions. I have bizarre skin--very oily in the summer, dry and sensitive in cooler weather and I have rosacea. I have seen a huge improvement in the size of my pores, the oiliness of my skin and the appearance of the broken capillaries on my cheeks!

on 8/6/2012 2:21:00 PM

I freakin love this! It is the only thing that takes my makeup off. I always thought I was doing a good job removing everything, but was I wrong! The first time I used it, I took off my eye makeup then washed off my face with cetaphil, and then I used the clarisonic, even after I washed my face the brush from the clarisonic was brown! It was so gross and I didn't even have bronzer or blush on. If you are thinking about buying don't hesitate! I know its expensive, but nothing else compares to this product! I can tell a HUGE difference in my skin, especially if I don't use it, my skin looks awful without it. The only thing I don't like, is you have to charge it, and sometimes I forget, but other than that it is my HG. My skin looks so good now I hardly even have to wear makeup to cover up blemishes, cause I no longer have any!

Popular Misc Beauty Tools