Clarisonic Mia

4.2

Plastic

on 8/7/2012 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Ok ladies! I finally bought this clarisonic mia for about 2 months ago. I ordered it online and make it ship to singapore and I must say I really love this device!

First of all, it is not a miracle tool, it just cleanses your skin. The reason why clean skin is important is because it will help in the absorption of treatments you put on your skin, and also to unclog pores.

I had pretty bad skin, I wore make up 13 hours a day (mon-sat) for 4 months, and it has really made my skin congested and clogged up. Before I purchase Mia, I was having very terrible breakouts (I am usually a happy person, but this incident made me really depressed). I couldn't walk out of my house without foundation on, and I use loads and loads of foundation just to cover my acne. Make up was doing more harm than good and I've tried everything I can to clean my skin well but it is just isn't helping, those harsh cleansers made my skin dry patchy and extremely oily at the same time. My skin felt scaly and gross, really.

So I ordered Mia online and while i was waiting for its arrival, I was using this cleansing sponge pad + cetaphil to clean/exfoliate my skin. My skin has gotten slightly better through this method.

When the clarisonic came, I use it only once a day with cetaphil / la roche posay effclar deep foaming cleanser, I alternate them once in a while as I find that my skin gets used to the same cleanser very easily.
For the 1st few days of using it, it wasn't up to my expectation as my skin was not left feeling smooth, it kinda feels a little rough. My face also did not transform suddenly into a clear skinned lady, when I apply toner onto my skin, the cotton pad still comes back quite dirty. So, I figured that I must be using it in a wrong way (scrubbing too hard, not circulating enough). I tried again and improve the method of how I use it, gentle pressure on skin and circulate it once every second, and this method helped! My skin felt soft and cleaned!

Spots have most definitely reduced, it has faded my scars quicker than usual too. My skincare regime plays a big part on this, nevertheless, I cannot live without clarisonic, it is like my toothbrush, can't live with just cleaning face with sponge pads anymore.

on 8/7/2012 8:48:00 AM

I bought my daughter the cheapie Olay version for Christmas last year and I bought an extra head for me to use occasionally. I thought it worked pretty well, but then I caught a really good sale on the Clarisonic Mia and had to try it.

In my opinion, the Mia is TOTALLY worth the extra cost and there is no comparison in how they work. While the brush on the Olay tool simply rotates, the brush on the Mia vibrates, so it is gentler and doesn't pull your skin in all directions. I have bizarre skin--very oily in the summer, dry and sensitive in cooler weather and I have rosacea. I have seen a huge improvement in the size of my pores, the oiliness of my skin and the appearance of the broken capillaries on my cheeks!

on 8/6/2012 2:21:00 PM

I freakin love this! It is the only thing that takes my makeup off. I always thought I was doing a good job removing everything, but was I wrong! The first time I used it, I took off my eye makeup then washed off my face with cetaphil, and then I used the clarisonic, even after I washed my face the brush from the clarisonic was brown! It was so gross and I didn't even have bronzer or blush on. If you are thinking about buying don't hesitate! I know its expensive, but nothing else compares to this product! I can tell a HUGE difference in my skin, especially if I don't use it, my skin looks awful without it. The only thing I don't like, is you have to charge it, and sometimes I forget, but other than that it is my HG. My skin looks so good now I hardly even have to wear makeup to cover up blemishes, cause I no longer have any!

on 8/4/2012 7:48:00 PM

I love love love it and recommend it! I have been going through skin flaking with retin for a week and a half first use flaking is gone skin is silky smooth. I have the sensitive skin and ordered the brush with for deep cleansing and the acne one on the way. I am really stoked to try them. I actually do not like the cleanser I think it's way over priced. My Missha Chocolate latte at night and the green tea in the morning and I'm cake. I only use it once a day so I have to decide morning or night. I'm still working on that and what will work best for my skin. I do love the way my skin feels so smooth and polished I watched a you tube video by a Dermatologist and he said it is not an exfoliater it is a cleansing system and I agree with that. It leaves you skin prime for serum and moisturizer or your Retin I do recommend this for acne prone skin because it will break you out at first(we're used to that from Retin) but once your past that it works beautifully with your ra I kid you not it goes right in which, I really like about this product.

I got mine for $105.00 so I'm happy wit the price considering thats why I bought the brush heads because I want all the mia can give and so far it gives a lot:) You will get your moneys worth with this without a doubt in my opinion so don't be scared and get it you'll be happy you did. I am and I thought i would be mad I wasted money ha I was wrong I'm glad I was a skeptic at first but now it's a HG part of my skin care and couldn't imagine going with out it.

on 7/31/2012 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

After hearing and reading all the hype about the clarisonic, i decided to splurge the money on it. Because i didn't want to spend the 200 dollars on the classic, i invested in the mia instead. THE HYPE IS RIGHT! i have oily skin with large pores and mild breakouts in my T-zone, but after the mia, my pores are much smaller, my breakouts cleared and stayed away, and my moisturizers absorb and work so much better! i sound like a commercial, but im so serious! because of the success with the mia, i will be investing in the classic soon.

on 7/30/2012 12:11:00 AM

This was a God send and worth every single dime. It cleanses wonderfully, but sometimes I'm a rebel and do it twice just to make sure I get all the funky makeup off..my skin is brighter, cleaner, my serums and cream sink in quicker and deeper, it's wonderful. I'd certainly buy it again, but I wouldn't wait as long as I did.

on 7/29/2012 9:39:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Caused tiny broken caps on my skin, even while using the delicate brush. I don't consider myself as having delicate skin - I tolerate peels and Retin A very well - but the Mia is just too strong for my skin. I gave it away.

on 7/29/2012 9:06:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I bought this about a year ago but only recently have I used it every day. I tend to use it in the morning and just remove my makeup at night with the MAC wipes cuz I'm so tired (not enough, I know). But since using this every day for the last month my skin has GREATLY improved. I've never really had acne issues except for when I was going through puberty. My skin is pretty good but I do tend to hve a pimple or two all the time. Probably due to my makeup use every day and half-hearted removal. I used to be a strict Clinique 3 Step girl. Since using this I have run out of my Liquid Facial Soap and started using something super cheap from Wal-Mart and I STILL HAVE EXCELLENT RESULTS! I haven't even needed to use my toner because once I've cleansed with the Clarasonic Mia, nothing come off into the cotton ball. So my step 2 is still 1/3 full. This is quite expensive, but consider the fact that you need not use anything expensive with it. I used it with my Dove Beauty Bar while on vacation and had wonderfully clear skin. No breakouts, super smooth for makeup application and no need to exfoliate. I absolutely love this. Plus it is really cute :) I got the light yellow one.

on 7/27/2012 2:17:00 AM

I have done alot of research on this product and had wanted very much to love it.Unfortunately after using the product consecutively for a 1 month i had suffered from major outbreaks from it ( Had change nothing else in my skin care routine ).

Pros
-Black heads has been reduced significantly

Cons
-Skin looks really red and sensitive after use (Guess it was too harsh for people with sensitive skin)
-had major outbreaks ( with pus and inflammation)
-Skin became oily

The dermatologist had to put me on antibiotics for a month.
Am never ever gonna purchase or recommend this product to anyone. Over-rated product.

on 7/23/2012 2:15:00 AM

I just purchased the Mia from Sephora. Price was about 155 CAD, I did lots of research on this before purchasing and have to admit I thought this would be a waste of money..what could this do that an ordinary face brush can't?? Well I have been using this for a week, morning and night and it is absolutely amazing! My skin is glowing, more pores are less visible and blackheads are gone. I am in my early 40's and my skin looks great! I would recommend this to anyone..

Popular Misc Beauty Tools