Bare Escentuals Matte Foundation spf 15

3.4

ACTIVE Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 15% and Zinc Oxide 5% INACTIVE ingredients: Lauroyl Lysine, Silica, Calcium Silicate, Soil Minerals. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

on 2/15/2011 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Not my cup of tea. The packaging is nice and sleek. It has a closeable sifter and the cap is big enough to fit a good sized brush on there. I'm just not a fan of how it oxidizes by mid day. I looked really orange and it didn't keep my skin matte. I still had an oily t-zone by mid day. I did break out from using this product but I don't blame the brand. There is an ingredient in most mineral makeup that causes me to breakout. I have sensitive skin. This is overpriced for what it is. On to the NEXT one.

on 2/13/2011 12:13:00 PM

Hives. Red, burning face. Swelling. All things you might experience using this product.

My skin is not particularly sensitive considering how fair I am, but this product gave me a severe allergic reaction within seconds of applying it to my face. It took hours for the redness and bumpiness to subside. I have used the original bare minerals for years and loved it so I thought I would try the matte version. I have never had such a severe allergic reaction to anything in my entire life. I was almost in tears with the pain and itching. My eyes were swelling.

In comparing the ingredients from the original and the matter versions, it appears that the main differences are in the inactive ingredients. The matte version has "Lauroyl lysine, silica, calcium silicate, and soil minerals." I don't which ingredient I am allergic to, but I know I have never heard of lauroyl lysine before.

In any event, buyer beware.

on 2/7/2011 6:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I LOVE this product. I used to use th Original Formula and HATED the Mica in the product, it gave my complexion a sparkling ashy look. I wear Golden Deep the same as the original formula but the Matte formula melts beautifully into my skin. And no ITCHING. I thought I was going crazy when I experienced itching with the Original formula but none with the Matte. Also this foundation goes well with my Mac Pro Long Wear Concealer, weather it's under or on top of the Bare Minerals Matte. I do not use any other foundation now and can still achieve a High Glam look with this foundation. All you need is the right BRUSHES, I only use my Mac 109 and Mac 188 Brush when applying my Bare Minerals Matte. They work wonders and gives me Flawless coverage every time.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love! Stays matte...beautiful coverage. I think people who don't like BE maybe have not gotten the correct colors, brushes, or instruction. I have uneven skin tone, and I end up looking fabulous every day!

on 2/4/2011 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I actually really like this product. The matte is similar to the original formula, except the original has these shiny pigments in the powder. I use the fair and it matches my skin perfectly. I use the bare minerals primer and brushes with this foundation as well. After a while, my face does become oily like 3/4th of the day, but I just pat my face and reapply some mineral veil and it still looks really good. Now all of these powders are not for maximum coverage so if you are looking for something that is very concealing then this is not for you. They have also changed the packaging so inside there is this little twisty thing that keeps the powder from spilling everywhere inside the packaging.

on 2/2/2011 11:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a very average product. I don't love the appearance, I'm not wowed by the price, and it really doesn't do anything to mattify or control oil.
So why have I gone through 3 jars of this and own 3 different shades at a time? Because it is the ONLY powder foundation with no shimmer that is a decent color match for my skin and doesn't oxidize into some funny color. Also, I can mix together different shades and adjust based on my skin color at that time and based on how much blush or bronzed I plan to use.

I really want to find a better product, but for the time being I am stuck with this. To avoid a chalky finish, I always moisturize, prime, and then use setting mist. Also to avoid the completely matte, flat
look without making my face too "glowy", I use another finishing powder on top.

FYI my skin is light-medium with yellow undertones, very oily t-zone but blemish free and no wrinkles. No skincare concerns other than oiliness

on 1/24/2011 9:41:00 PM

I like their concept but I don't like the product. I have very oily skin at certain times of the year, and this makes my oily skin tight and look caked and dry. When I try to blot off some of the powder for a less made-up look, I lose the coverage that I want to cover up blemishes and scars. I do moisturize my skin in the morning, and I always use a primer, so that is not the issue. I just don't like this. I also hate how messy loose mineral makeup is. Sticking with Pur Minerals from now on!

on 1/24/2011 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

I really wanted this to work for me. I really dont like this product.
COLOR: I got the Matte medium tan, Im NC40 and felt that it was too red for my skin. It was not a good color match.

COVERAGE: It was a light to medium coverage, just didnt cover my redness in my skin and I had to keep going over the same spot several times. Due to this reason, it sunk into my pores made it more visible. I tried to spray some mist over it but it just made me more shinier. Its not waterproof.

WEARABILITY: My face felt dry, tight and itchy during the day. But when i look in the mirror I had breakthrough shine in less than 2 hours. I looked oily but my skin felt like it was cracking.

No thanks, even though this is "natural". perhaps I will stick with my "unnatural" makeup revlon colorstay.

on 1/24/2011 8:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really tried to like this product (having oily skin & being disappointed with the original formula) but I found it to be a big let-down. First of all, no matter how lightly, how many swirls and taps, no matter how much blending... this did NOT cover up the red areas on my cheeks. It did nothing at all for my large pores (even accentuated them), and it oxidizes terribly within the first few hours of wear. Seems like one needs near-perfect skin to start with in order to get good results with this foundation. Very disappointed!

on 1/16/2011 3:32:00 PM

Sadly, this product didn't work for me. I wanted so badly to like it because of all the talk about it being good for your skin. I have a lot of skin issues, consisting of blemishes, blackheads and uneven texture, broken capillaries on my nose, redness + scarring + oilyness. The sales person at sephora went on and on about how ''it works so great on blemishes and oily skin'' so i gave in. Sooo dissappointed! First of all the primer was a complete joke, and then this makeup would peel off on areas of my skin that arent oily. Also, it wouldn't cover my acne, but rather just gather around the bumps and not cover them. It sunk into my blackheads, and all of my discoloration and acne scarrs were completely visible. I also didn't notice any oil-control happening. I think this product could work for something who has a really even skin texture and maybe a few acne bumps. For people with more complicated skin, this product just won't do anything for you.