November 29, 2014 | 923 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Matte Foundation spf 15

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2011 12:35:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Not a big fan of this or the original BE foundation. This product gives zero coverage. I dislike scraping my skin with a kabuki brush to buff, buff, buff it in - really how ridiculous when you think about it. I much prefer Clinique Almost Powder which gives me coverage, spf 15, looks natural, and is amazingly easy to apply.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2010 2:13:00 PM More reviews by brindled_mer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been using this foundation off and on for two years, and I feel compelled to write a review, finally, because I've recently figured out how to really make this foundation work for me. When I first tried this foundation, I experimented with Fairly Light and Fair (knowing Light was definitely too yellow for my skintone). I needed a slightly deeper color, but at first it didn't occur to me to try the Medium shade range, since my skin is still fair-to-light. The key to the Medium shade range is that it contains the correct shades for light skin with pink-to-neutral undertones (as opposed to strong golden undertones, which the Light shade range has). I found that Medium is actually my closest shade match. I also own Fair (the palest color) and Medium Beige (a slightly deeper and more golden version of Medium). I mix all three colors together in different proportions depending on the time of year. Now I really like this foundation. A well-blended application on moisturized skin makes my face look glowing and even. I apply the Mineral Veil lightly on top of the foundation, then I pat my face lightly all over with damp hands to set the foundation and make it look less powdery and more natural.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/27/2010 12:01:00 PM More reviews by jdkrase

I've been searching for a foundation that wouldn't contribute more break outs to my already acne prone skin and this was sadly no exception.. The color match and coverage were perfect but after wearing it everyday, my acne only got worse and in places I never usually got them before. Now 3 weeks after swearing off this foundation, I'm left with large, noticeable scars I feel extremely self-conscious about... ):

rated 2 of 5 on 12/21/2010 2:15:00 PM More reviews by goldfishblowfish

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got a 10 day sample of this from Sephora, and I was excited to try it out. I hadn't made the plunge into liquid foundation, and I wanted something with a matte finish. All the other powder foundations I'd tried (the regualr BE formula and Merle Norman) had too much shimmer in them for my liking. The amount in the sample was generous and I got a bit of usage out of it, but I had a love/hate relationship with this product which bordered more on the hate side.

I love the coverage this gave me (a medium to full coverage) but I found that even with a silicone based primer (like Smashbox photofinish) it settled into the lines around my eyes and mouth and made them more pronounced. I feel like, with this formula, if I bought a full size, I would go through it pretty quickly. The 10 day sample actually only lasted me 5 days, with light coverage on my forehead/chin/nose and a heavier coat on my cheeks.

The worst thing about this, for me, was it made my skin itch like CRAZY if I sweat, especially around my hairline, jaw line, and around my nose. I didn't have that problem with the regular formula, and it was extremely uncomfortable. Thankfully, it only happened the last time I wore it, but it was enough to make me never want to wear the product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2010 12:19:00 PM More reviews by SweetestGirlRosyCheeks

My skin: NC30, I have super large pores on the inside of my cheeks and on my nose. I get extremely shiny right about my eyebrows and on my t-zone. I switched over from using Smashbox Primer and MAC Studio Fix/Tarteís Recreate Foundation.

Today is my first day using this product I am using Matte Foundation in Medium Beige along with the Prime Time Oil Control. I Exfoliated then used my Olay moisturizer; I ďpattedĒ on the primer (If you rubbed in this primer it will literally flake on you) then you put however much product you want to use in the lid and swirl for about 15-20 second, then I tapped and swirled all over my face. Itís flawless itís not completely matte itís very natural looking I must say, it is a hassle because you do have to take your sweet time but itís worth it. If you are interested in purchasing this I suggest you YouTube: NicoleChante
Iíll update before Iíll update within 5-6 hours xoxo.

I'll rate it when I come back for the update

UPDATE:
I like the fact the the color doesn't change. I like that so far it hasn't broke me out. I did not stay matte all day I did get a shiny T-Zone after about 9 hours lol but it's all gravy I really like it(: I'm only giving it a 4 for overall because I haven't managed to figure out how to apply without it looking a lik cakey.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2010 5:46:00 PM More reviews by ChocolatCake

[Me: oily, sensitive skin. MAC N3. BE Fairly Light. PR Vanilla]

Love this stuff. It makes my skin look poreless and flawless. I don't have a problem with this looking cakey on me because my skin is so oily. It lasts forever and is great for girls on the go. I only use a tiny bit and my face is completely covered. Two thumbs up.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/11/2010 11:36:00 PM More reviews by sarahnickatina

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really didn't care for this. I thought it would be good. I read reviews on sephora. I have extremely oily skin and this just didn't look good on me. It makes you matte but it looks SO powdery. It doesn't look natural. Using it over a liquid foundation is okay, but alone I have acne scars to cover and it did not cover them, even seemed to enhance them. I was disappointed. Would NOT buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/11/2010 12:21:00 PM More reviews by cynaga

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Not enough coverage for me. It is matte but sometimes too drying.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2010 8:32:00 PM More reviews by katilia16

I've repurchased the Bare Minerals Matte foundation several times now. It's become my HG foundation for a few reasons. First, I personally prefer powder foundations since I have oily skin. This one wears well throughout the day and really does help control shine compared to other foundations I've tried. If it's a long day, especially if it's hot outside, and you don't wear a primer underneath it can look a bit uneven in fine lines by nighttime, but it usually helps if you use oil blotting sheets to soak up excess shine. I also have skin light enough that some companies don't make shades light enough for me, and I like the BM has a good selection of shades. Since it's a mineral foundation it also doesn't break me out or clog my pores.

The packaging is very good; I only deducted one lipstick tube thing (idk what to call it...) because it's difficult to get out the last little bit of foundation towards the end since you can't open the container completely without having to break it. The twist cap on the sifter is a very good feature for travel.

I would say this is a medium priced foundation. It's definitely more expensive than drugstore foundations, but as far as higher end brands go it's fairly cheap. I don't mind paying a bit more for a product I know does what I want it to.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2010 8:43:00 PM More reviews by melodycadence

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Love the coverage (medium), love the dispenser, love that it doesn't break me out...I use this with Bare Minerals prime time oil control, but it still doesn't keep me matte for the whole day, especially around the nose. Silicone primers keep me amazingly matte, but they also break me out amazingly badly as well. So anyways, I have extremely oily skin which does not stay matte for 8 hours unless I use silicone on it, so I guess this foundation is awesome for what it does (up to six hours matte). Great if you're not super shiny. I'm NC30 and the shade Medium Beige blends in flawlessly.