August 22, 2014 | 1820 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Matte Foundation spf 15

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2010 2:53:00 PM More reviews by tiffanyyzz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I actually really like this. I had my eye on this for a while. It looks very natural and the coverage is VERY buildable. You can get sheer to full coverage and still look natural ! I usually go for a medium coverage. I don't use concealer on my cheeks anymore because this does the job for me. I apply it with a bristled kabuki brush. This is definitely matte. Quite pricey but I really like it. Reminds me of the maybelline one. I love the sifter though.

UPDATE! Ended up returning it because the whole mineral thing was getting on my nerves.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2010 8:16:00 PM More reviews by Kaemmm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i got the matte BE mineral foundation last week and started using it the next day. My color is Golden Medium, it matches my neck "perfectly" I got the whole "get started kit" which caused me $70 dollars [plus tax]
I must say that the brushes are a steal, their good quailty, it also comes with a brush cleanser, mineral veil, warmth, and ofc the matte mineral foundation. So far so good using this product, i used to see it on TV all the time, and finally my mom got it for me. This product will unfortunately bring out the flackness of ur skin if you don't moisturize you skin enough. The "max coverage concealer brush" is pretty awesome, it really concentrates on acne/acne scars. Yesterday, i found a way to just use the concealer brush on problem areas first[since the foundation matches my face n everything] then buff over the face with "full flawless face" brush [its basically shaped like a kabuki brush] I so far only use these two brushes [the other one is called " flawless application" i think its for 'warmth'] i haven't used warmth either. i kinda dont want to put too much product on my face. OVERALL; i think this product is pretty okay, although it doesnt cover PERFECTLLY. i didnt expect it to anyways.. have to improve my skin on my own.
btw, the pores looks pretty good when using mineral veil. haha

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2010 6:30:00 PM More reviews by chuckmo

Tried this in Fairly Light and it's a nice match. Their original foundation gaive my face a shiney finish, which is unflattering as i'm oily to begin with. I use a primer and apply the BE with a light hand, and have no problems with it looking powdery or cakey. The coverage is better than than the original. Love the stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2010 7:01:00 PM More reviews by sheikmac11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I must disagree with everyone that does not like this product. Using the right brushes will definitely make this foundation a MUST have for anyone!! I bought this foundation 2 weeks ago, and I was really excited to try it. At the time, I had misplaced my Bare Escentuals Primte Time Oil control Primer...and I didn't realize how amazing and desperately I needed it until I lost it. So I tried it without primer and with a soft fluffy brush...and my face looked so cakey and gross before, and even worse after 2 hours of application...I tried minerals cuz I'm a guy and I don't wanna look like I have anything on. BUT, 3 days ago, I found my Primer in my car, and I realized that my Mac 188 brush was perfectly clean and un-used. So that gave me a great idea. I washed my face, applied moisturizer, and then I primer. I shook the bare minerals into the lid, and began stippling the powder over my face...it gave me the most airbrush finish ever!! And it lasted me a ridiculously long amount of time!! My parents began to think that I had given up on wearing make up, because they said my skin looked nice without it (they said this while I was wearing bareminerals, hehe) and I decided NOT to tell them that I was wearing make up!! So pair this with a good primer, and Mac's 188 small duo fiber brush and you'll see amazing coverage that looks so natural!! =D

rated 3 of 5 on 11/13/2010 1:47:00 AM More reviews by RicheleBarbie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

too matte for my extremely oily skin & a bit too dark too. reminds of just overly matte bronzer. I purchased this when it first came out & it was almost $30, way too much for something that turns out to be a waste of money

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2010 7:22:00 PM More reviews by bathtimefun4all

In my other review, I raved about the BareMinerals SPF 15 powder foundation and how it is the only foundation I will ever use. For some reason, my dumb-a accidentally bought this one when I needed to restock on my BM powder foundation. I was too lazy to return it and decided to try it out to see if I liked it or not. It is very matte as advertised, but I found it to be too thick for my liking. The only thing better about the Matte foundation than the original one is the packaging. There is a turn-lock thingy so the powder doesn't spill everywhere. Now I'm just trying to use it all up so I can repurchase the original foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2010 11:58:00 AM More reviews by SarenaMarie

I tried the original Bare Minerals foundation and it was too shiny for my oily skin, so I thought the matte version would work better. When I first put it on, it looked nice and my face was matte, but it did not last long. After about 2 hours, it looked cakey and it just slid off my face. It doe shave pretty decent coverage though. It would probably work better on normal skin, because my skin is just way too oily for this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2010 4:40:00 PM More reviews by missn74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like the twist cap so that powder doesn't get all over the place. I like that it is matte and it does help a little with the shine on my forehead and nose. It does accentuate imperfections on the skin. The shade system is a little off in bare minerals. I have in the color in medium tan which is for someone who has a rosy cool undertone with blue veins, but i am a golden olive warm undertone with green veins. But somehow it blends well into my skin.I use this mostly to have even skin all over and to set my concealer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2010 3:05:00 AM More reviews by Remykat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

As a stand-alone foundation, this is just okay. If you build it up, it will accentuate lines. That's just what powders do. HOWEVER, over a sheer liquid or tinted-moisturizer, this goes from meh to marvelous. Very blendable, making the line between your face and neck nonexistent. And thank god, no stupid sparkles like the original.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2010 3:16:00 PM More reviews by fancyxamy

This is the most perfect powder foundation ive found, as evidenced by the fact that im currently on my third container, and this stuff aint cheap!

The pros: Provides excellent, lasting coverage, miraculously without being cakey. The fair shade is a great match for my super pale skin. The finish is straight up matte, which is what i need because i am a very oily gal, yet it somehow avoids appearing flat or powdery.

Since Ive used it, breakouts have been few and far between. Its super easy to apply. I pour a little in the cap, and buff a bit of product into each section of my face. It saves me from having to use concealer so it has really simplified my morning routine. Packaging-wise, I like the spill-free container.

1 con: PRICE! Good lawd, $38 for a container that lasts me a month and a half. Highway robbery! Ok ok so that was only when I ordered it from the actual bare escentuals site and had to pay shipping. From sephora its about $30. But the containers are super tiny and it always seems as if im running out. Thats the only thing that keeps me still checking around for alternatives. BE, give me more product for my money and ill be a loyal customer forever!