July 22, 2014 | 1301 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Matte Foundation spf 15

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2010 3:05:00 AM More reviews by Remykat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

As a stand-alone foundation, this is just okay. If you build it up, it will accentuate lines. That's just what powders do. HOWEVER, over a sheer liquid or tinted-moisturizer, this goes from meh to marvelous. Very blendable, making the line between your face and neck nonexistent. And thank god, no stupid sparkles like the original.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2010 3:16:00 PM More reviews by fancyxamy

This is the most perfect powder foundation ive found, as evidenced by the fact that im currently on my third container, and this stuff aint cheap!

The pros: Provides excellent, lasting coverage, miraculously without being cakey. The fair shade is a great match for my super pale skin. The finish is straight up matte, which is what i need because i am a very oily gal, yet it somehow avoids appearing flat or powdery.

Since Ive used it, breakouts have been few and far between. Its super easy to apply. I pour a little in the cap, and buff a bit of product into each section of my face. It saves me from having to use concealer so it has really simplified my morning routine. Packaging-wise, I like the spill-free container.

1 con: PRICE! Good lawd, $38 for a container that lasts me a month and a half. Highway robbery! Ok ok so that was only when I ordered it from the actual bare escentuals site and had to pay shipping. From sephora its about $30. But the containers are super tiny and it always seems as if im running out. Thats the only thing that keeps me still checking around for alternatives. BE, give me more product for my money and ill be a loyal customer forever!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2010 1:00:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaJustine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been using BE foundation for over 10 years. I've always had to mix colors but never got exactly what I needed. Finally they made Fairly Medium which is the perfect color for me!

I love the matte formula it does help with my oily skin. For extra staying power I use this with the BE oil control lotion.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2010 11:01:00 PM More reviews by luvlydee

I have FINALLY found my HG foundation. Even though this doesnt give me full coverage i dont care because i was more concerned with looking natural and having my skin even out.
I have tired mufe face and body, mac studio fix powder foundation, nars powder foundation, and mufe hd foundation but none of these made me look as natural as bare minerals.
I decided to try it because my friend swears by this and even though she has oily skin and i have dry skin i finally gave in her to suggestion in trying out and i went to go buy it. I ended up gettin the starter kit with the matte warm tan because thats what the mua matched me with but as i wore it everyday i really noticed that i didnt like how my face looked orange. so of course i thought... another loss.
But i decided to go to a different bare escentuals and the mua artist there told me warm tan is def too orange for me and she matched me with matte Tan. I LOVE it. i use it everyday. and i thank my friend for making me get this.
Even my boyfriend didnt notice that i was wearing make up and he is so critical about these things that i rarely wear foundation around him. I had to tell him i was wearing make up and he was shocked. he was like he didn't even notice.
My search has ended. finally. :)
for my undereyes and dark spots i just use concealer first and then put the powder over.

Edit: I have realized that even though the matte tan goes better with my skin, I felt like after awhile it looked kind of pinkish/ greyish. I am now using a foundation from Afterglow cosmetics in Fawn, and i feel like that it is an even better match.

[mufe f&b 18 / mufe hd 173 / mac concealer in nc45]

rated 1 of 5 on 10/30/2010 11:22:00 PM More reviews by kristentomlinson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Ive tried BE foundation several times and have never had any success. I have really oily skin and BE makes me look like a oil slick within a few hours. The lightest shade they have is to dark for me. Everytime I tried wearing their foundation I would get comments on how heavy and oily my makeup looked. I tried BE because it is supposedly really good for acne prone skin but it clogged my pores and made me break out. I will be staying away from the BE line from now on. It was money down the drain for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/26/2010 9:29:00 PM More reviews by ace05

second time buying this foundation. the first time worked just fine, but this time around, i definitely wouldn't buy again. it is $35 at sephora in toronto! (insert painful screams)....but it's not the price, frankly the product does not measure up.

it doesn't break you out, but looks cakey, settles into pores and fine lines, making you look a LOT more tired and older than you actually are. forget it if you've got large pores that need to be covered.

the above might be alright if it covered adequately, but that simply isn't the case, and most people would need concealer. for some reason this second batch has a much more pronounced orange tint to it, so it doesn't really even your complexion unless you've been in a bad accident with an orange.

it might be ok as a finishing powder to reduce oil, but definitely not for a foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/22/2010 3:43:00 PM More reviews by Martini1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I used Bare Escentuals products for years and was very satisfied. About a year ago I decided I wanted something different that gave me a little more "coverage". I was given some Bare Escentuals Matte Foundation as a gift and began using it right away UNTIL it made my face itch like crazy!! I never had any problem with the original foundation but I discontinued using this product because I just couldn't stand the itching. =(

rated 2 of 5 on 10/22/2010 3:32:00 PM More reviews by latebloomer99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I wandered into our new BE shop, and asked to try the matte foundation (I've used the original before with no problems), as I tend to be pretty shiny. It looked just fine, but as soon as I walked out my face began to itch. No obvious irritation, but who wants to wear powder that is scratched off as soon as you put it on? I wore it the rest of the day, but it continued to itch. I was less than impressed, but maybe if you have less-than-sensitive skin than mine it'd work.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/21/2010 12:39:00 AM More reviews by Mikala78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really don't know what to think of mineral makeup anymore after this experience. I'm typically combination skin (oily T-zone, dry elsewhere), yet this matte formula was so drying.
It actually aged me, made me aware of more lines than WITHOUT the stuff. My pores looked huge, the fine lines around my eyes were many more and more pronounced...like seriously it made me question what the point of producing this was ? hmm...money ? fooling people ?
I looked better without it....with it I looked like I had tired older skin, i looked muddy...like i just washed my face with some dry soil.
and that's exactly what this stuff is really....just dry soil.
I might use it up to set my liquid foundations or tinted moisturizers, but I would definitely not use this powder as a foundation. It provides a little color, but actually accentuates your problem areas and more.
It felt like i had sanded down my face when i applied it, not a pampering feeling at all. Unless you have REALLY oily skin, I can't see this stuff really working for anything else.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2010 7:57:00 PM More reviews by aplend

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using this foundation for a couple of months now. I prefer powders over liquids because they feel less heavy on the face. I tend to rely on MAC studio fix powder as my go-to foundation and I don't really have any problems with it but I guess I wanted to try something new.

I am both oily and acne-prone and so I was a little wary of this product, especially after having bad results with pur minerals foundation. But the matte formula sucked me in and I gave it a try.

First, the packaging is great. the fact that it is a loose mineral powder and the newest packaging is designed so you can screw the inside lid so that it does not spill is totally genius. The results itself are amazing..Ive been using it faithfully pretty much every day and it controls oil on me pretty well throughout the day. The coverage is great and I love that it is buildable, because most days I only like a light coverage. I find that it really reduces the appearance of my pores on my cheeks beside my nose, and I know it sounds gimmicky but I really do believe it improves my skin a little bit!

The price is a little steep but overall I love it and will be repurchasing at some point :)