March 1, 2015 | 2256 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Matte Foundation spf 15

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2011 6:06:00 PM More reviews by Lulu2387

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

I LOVE this product. I used to use th Original Formula and HATED the Mica in the product, it gave my complexion a sparkling ashy look. I wear Golden Deep the same as the original formula but the Matte formula melts beautifully into my skin. And no ITCHING. I thought I was going crazy when I experienced itching with the Original formula but none with the Matte. Also this foundation goes well with my Mac Pro Long Wear Concealer, weather it's under or on top of the Bare Minerals Matte. I do not use any other foundation now and can still achieve a High Glam look with this foundation. All you need is the right BRUSHES, I only use my Mac 109 and Mac 188 Brush when applying my Bare Minerals Matte. They work wonders and gives me Flawless coverage every time.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2011 10:14:00 AM More reviews by Chellemakepeace

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love! Stays matte...beautiful coverage. I think people who don't like BE maybe have not gotten the correct colors, brushes, or instruction. I have uneven skin tone, and I end up looking fabulous every day!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2011 10:47:00 AM More reviews by beckyb88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I actually really like this product. The matte is similar to the original formula, except the original has these shiny pigments in the powder. I use the fair and it matches my skin perfectly. I use the bare minerals primer and brushes with this foundation as well. After a while, my face does become oily like 3/4th of the day, but I just pat my face and reapply some mineral veil and it still looks really good. Now all of these powders are not for maximum coverage so if you are looking for something that is very concealing then this is not for you. They have also changed the packaging so inside there is this little twisty thing that keeps the powder from spilling everywhere inside the packaging.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2011 11:39:00 PM More reviews by lolasaysyes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a very average product. I don't love the appearance, I'm not wowed by the price, and it really doesn't do anything to mattify or control oil.
So why have I gone through 3 jars of this and own 3 different shades at a time? Because it is the ONLY powder foundation with no shimmer that is a decent color match for my skin and doesn't oxidize into some funny color. Also, I can mix together different shades and adjust based on my skin color at that time and based on how much blush or bronzed I plan to use.

I really want to find a better product, but for the time being I am stuck with this. To avoid a chalky finish, I always moisturize, prime, and then use setting mist. Also to avoid the completely matte, flat
look without making my face too "glowy", I use another finishing powder on top.

FYI my skin is light-medium with yellow undertones, very oily t-zone but blemish free and no wrinkles. No skincare concerns other than oiliness

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2011 9:41:00 PM More reviews by domika

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like their concept but I don't like the product. I have very oily skin at certain times of the year, and this makes my oily skin tight and look caked and dry. When I try to blot off some of the powder for a less made-up look, I lose the coverage that I want to cover up blemishes and scars. I do moisturize my skin in the morning, and I always use a primer, so that is not the issue. I just don't like this. I also hate how messy loose mineral makeup is. Sticking with Pur Minerals from now on!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2011 4:27:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted this to work for me. I really dont like this product.
COLOR: I got the Matte medium tan, Im NC40 and felt that it was too red for my skin. It was not a good color match.

COVERAGE: It was a light to medium coverage, just didnt cover my redness in my skin and I had to keep going over the same spot several times. Due to this reason, it sunk into my pores made it more visible. I tried to spray some mist over it but it just made me more shinier. Its not waterproof.

WEARABILITY: My face felt dry, tight and itchy during the day. But when i look in the mirror I had breakthrough shine in less than 2 hours. I looked oily but my skin felt like it was cracking.

No thanks, even though this is "natural". perhaps I will stick with my "unnatural" makeup revlon colorstay.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2011 8:52:00 AM More reviews by cosmic007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really tried to like this product (having oily skin & being disappointed with the original formula) but I found it to be a big let-down. First of all, no matter how lightly, how many swirls and taps, no matter how much blending... this did NOT cover up the red areas on my cheeks. It did nothing at all for my large pores (even accentuated them), and it oxidizes terribly within the first few hours of wear. Seems like one needs near-perfect skin to start with in order to get good results with this foundation. Very disappointed!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/16/2011 3:32:00 PM More reviews by leanneXO

Sadly, this product didn't work for me. I wanted so badly to like it because of all the talk about it being good for your skin. I have a lot of skin issues, consisting of blemishes, blackheads and uneven texture, broken capillaries on my nose, redness + scarring + oilyness. The sales person at sephora went on and on about how ''it works so great on blemishes and oily skin'' so i gave in. Sooo dissappointed! First of all the primer was a complete joke, and then this makeup would peel off on areas of my skin that arent oily. Also, it wouldn't cover my acne, but rather just gather around the bumps and not cover them. It sunk into my blackheads, and all of my discoloration and acne scarrs were completely visible. I also didn't notice any oil-control happening. I think this product could work for something who has a really even skin texture and maybe a few acne bumps. For people with more complicated skin, this product just won't do anything for you.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2011 12:53:00 PM More reviews by rockangel04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have tried this foundation a number of times and never had any luck. My skind used to be in horrible shape...over the top oily, acne, acne scars and so on. When my skin was quite awful looking this makeup just wouldn't cut for me. The "matte" effect didn't make any difference on the oiliness and it didn't cover my horrid blemishes like I needed it too. Plus I was having problems with shade match. Now after sometime I've been on acne perscription and my acne is gone and my scars have started to fade. I've also seemed to get the oiliness under control too. With that being said I once again tried this product and went with my gut on the shade match rather than listening to the SA and I'm really liking it this go 'round. It is winter right now though so that may be a reason my skin isn't as oily as normal and why this seems to be working. I'm an NC 20 from mac and I use the fair shade and it's a perfect match. In my opinion even though websites say "fair" has pink undertones I don't agree and feel they are more neutral to yellow. Just to see how close it was to the NC 20 I tapped a little BE into my Mac compact an I couldn't even tell the difference shade-wise. I had tried fairly light in the past and it always looked to pink. Fair however is perfect. I still love my MAC studio fix powder plus foundation but I like this as well. I've been switching back and forth between the two....btw I CAN'T STAND the BE original formula, it's awful and this trumps it by far!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2011 2:14:00 AM More reviews by shannaniganss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have oily skin, so this product is perfect for me.
However, I do not recommend using this in the winter. Your skin dries out in cold weather, so matte is not what you should put on dry skin, even if you use a moisturizer.
I prefer the original form of Bare Escentuals to use in colder weather, but in the spring and summer, matte controls my shine!