October 24, 2014 | 856 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Matte Foundation spf 15

rated 2 of 5 on 12/21/2010 2:15:00 PM More reviews by goldfishblowfish

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got a 10 day sample of this from Sephora, and I was excited to try it out. I hadn't made the plunge into liquid foundation, and I wanted something with a matte finish. All the other powder foundations I'd tried (the regualr BE formula and Merle Norman) had too much shimmer in them for my liking. The amount in the sample was generous and I got a bit of usage out of it, but I had a love/hate relationship with this product which bordered more on the hate side.

I love the coverage this gave me (a medium to full coverage) but I found that even with a silicone based primer (like Smashbox photofinish) it settled into the lines around my eyes and mouth and made them more pronounced. I feel like, with this formula, if I bought a full size, I would go through it pretty quickly. The 10 day sample actually only lasted me 5 days, with light coverage on my forehead/chin/nose and a heavier coat on my cheeks.

The worst thing about this, for me, was it made my skin itch like CRAZY if I sweat, especially around my hairline, jaw line, and around my nose. I didn't have that problem with the regular formula, and it was extremely uncomfortable. Thankfully, it only happened the last time I wore it, but it was enough to make me never want to wear the product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2010 12:19:00 PM More reviews by SweetestGirlRosyCheeks

My skin: NC30, I have super large pores on the inside of my cheeks and on my nose. I get extremely shiny right about my eyebrows and on my t-zone. I switched over from using Smashbox Primer and MAC Studio Fix/Tarteís Recreate Foundation.

Today is my first day using this product I am using Matte Foundation in Medium Beige along with the Prime Time Oil Control. I Exfoliated then used my Olay moisturizer; I ďpattedĒ on the primer (If you rubbed in this primer it will literally flake on you) then you put however much product you want to use in the lid and swirl for about 15-20 second, then I tapped and swirled all over my face. Itís flawless itís not completely matte itís very natural looking I must say, it is a hassle because you do have to take your sweet time but itís worth it. If you are interested in purchasing this I suggest you YouTube: NicoleChante
Iíll update before Iíll update within 5-6 hours xoxo.

I'll rate it when I come back for the update

UPDATE:
I like the fact the the color doesn't change. I like that so far it hasn't broke me out. I did not stay matte all day I did get a shiny T-Zone after about 9 hours lol but it's all gravy I really like it(: I'm only giving it a 4 for overall because I haven't managed to figure out how to apply without it looking a lik cakey.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2010 5:46:00 PM More reviews by ChocolatCake

[Me: oily, sensitive skin. MAC N3. BE Fairly Light. PR Vanilla]

Love this stuff. It makes my skin look poreless and flawless. I don't have a problem with this looking cakey on me because my skin is so oily. It lasts forever and is great for girls on the go. I only use a tiny bit and my face is completely covered. Two thumbs up.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/11/2010 11:36:00 PM More reviews by sarahnickatina

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really didn't care for this. I thought it would be good. I read reviews on sephora. I have extremely oily skin and this just didn't look good on me. It makes you matte but it looks SO powdery. It doesn't look natural. Using it over a liquid foundation is okay, but alone I have acne scars to cover and it did not cover them, even seemed to enhance them. I was disappointed. Would NOT buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/11/2010 12:21:00 PM More reviews by cynaga

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Not enough coverage for me. It is matte but sometimes too drying.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2010 8:32:00 PM More reviews by katilia16

I've repurchased the Bare Minerals Matte foundation several times now. It's become my HG foundation for a few reasons. First, I personally prefer powder foundations since I have oily skin. This one wears well throughout the day and really does help control shine compared to other foundations I've tried. If it's a long day, especially if it's hot outside, and you don't wear a primer underneath it can look a bit uneven in fine lines by nighttime, but it usually helps if you use oil blotting sheets to soak up excess shine. I also have skin light enough that some companies don't make shades light enough for me, and I like the BM has a good selection of shades. Since it's a mineral foundation it also doesn't break me out or clog my pores.

The packaging is very good; I only deducted one lipstick tube thing (idk what to call it...) because it's difficult to get out the last little bit of foundation towards the end since you can't open the container completely without having to break it. The twist cap on the sifter is a very good feature for travel.

I would say this is a medium priced foundation. It's definitely more expensive than drugstore foundations, but as far as higher end brands go it's fairly cheap. I don't mind paying a bit more for a product I know does what I want it to.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2010 8:43:00 PM More reviews by melodycadence

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Love the coverage (medium), love the dispenser, love that it doesn't break me out...I use this with Bare Minerals prime time oil control, but it still doesn't keep me matte for the whole day, especially around the nose. Silicone primers keep me amazingly matte, but they also break me out amazingly badly as well. So anyways, I have extremely oily skin which does not stay matte for 8 hours unless I use silicone on it, so I guess this foundation is awesome for what it does (up to six hours matte). Great if you're not super shiny. I'm NC30 and the shade Medium Beige blends in flawlessly.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/9/2010 3:08:00 PM More reviews by faudia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Years ago I tried the original, which oxidized on me. I tried the matte version based on an SA's rec.

At first I thought this was okay- it looked decent and the color was a good match. After a couple of weeks of use though, I noticed it dried out my fairly oily skin, looked patchy and flakey and caused a lot of clogged pores.

I wanted to like this this the color was a good match, but this was horrible and messed up my skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2010 11:08:00 PM More reviews by magee5880

This product is perfect for anyone who wants to wear something that is very light with just enough coverage. I love that I can wear without feeling like its heavy on my face. If you are looking for something that is very heavy this foundation may not be for you. It also has SpF 15 in it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2010 9:28:00 PM More reviews by edelweiss7579

I just bought the matte foundation a few days ago. So far, I like it! The only problem I have with it is that sometimes my skin gets dry (like today) and it definitely made it more noticeable. I like how it makes my skin look when my skin isn't dry though.Another downside is it is kind of expensive. I paid $30 for the foundation alone, but I don't really mind the cost as long as it makes my skin look good. I bought mine at Ulta and I liked that they matched the color for me. I ended up being Fair, which is the lightest color, and it matches perfectly. When my skin isn't dry it makes my skin look really even and it looks like porcelain almost! I really like mineral foundation rather than liquid. Despite the fact that it's messy I don't think I get near as many breakouts with mineral foundation as I do with liquid. I'm not 100% sure if I'm going to repurchase. I might try the original before I repurchase the matte again. So far, I'm really liking it. I might just need a better moisturizer.