Bare Escentuals Matte Foundation spf 15

3.4

ACTIVE Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 15% and Zinc Oxide 5% INACTIVE ingredients: Lauroyl Lysine, Silica, Calcium Silicate, Soil Minerals. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

I bought this foundation in Fairly Medium, it works very well on my fair/med. skin tone. I love the matte look, and the lack of sparkles on my cheeks and nose! It feels smoother than the regular BE foundation upon application, and I use less of it than I did the regular also. One thing I have learned from using BE powder foundations that moisturizer is mandatory for me. I let it dry then go to work with my long handled kabuki brush (from everyday minerals) it takes just a minute or two and my facial skin is presentable and ready for blush, contouring, etc. (I conceal beforehand with BE Bisque multi-tasker) I will repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

when i first tried this out in sephora, i LOVED it. the assistant that helped me found me my perfect shade and applied it so for the first time since 6th grade, i appeared to have flawless skin.

since then, i haven't been able to achieve the same look. it's still great, but i'm on the hunt for something a little better. it needs to be reapplied throughout the day, and without a good primer, it's hopeless. i CAN get a good coverage with it, but i find i have to use a little more product that i would like with this..

i'll repurchase if i can't find anything better.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I've been wearing the original BE foundation in #1 for about seven years. I'm pale and I liked the coverage it gave me but after a lot of years of wearing the original, I started to notice I looked too shimmery. I started looking a little sweaty in the foundation. I was excited to try the matte version. I have dry skin and sometimes I will get a flaky patch on the right side of my face between my chin and lip. I exfoliate it, moisturize it, but it won't go away. The matte foundation will accentuate any dry areas if you're not careful. I also need to mention that I am pale but have a lot of redness to my skin. I need a medium to full coverage. BE is buildable but it's not a full coverage foundation. When I bought the matte shade, the sales person told me 1.2 was a better match for me. It's yellow based and she said it would help to combat the redness I have. I've been using this for a few weeks and I prefer it to the original. The finish is matte, which I like. There's no "glow" to it. I would rather put highlighter where I want glow than have my whole face dewey looking. I have noticed that I have to use more matte foundation to get the coverage I got from the original. I always use a color corecting concealor under my BE so I don't have to use as much BE foundation. It gives me better coverage that way. A good brush is key with application. I use the NARS bronzer brush or Bobbi Brown's kabuki. Those both work great for me. It blends the foundation in nicely. Also, to get a more even application, it's important for me to exfoliate my skin, apply lotion and primer before the foundation. Now that I'm getting older, I like the look of the matte foundation more than the original. I would recommend this to people who like mineral foundation.

I greatly prefer my BM matte foundation in fairly light to the original 'luminescent' line with which I started to use at 18 (almost 4 yrs ago).
The original foundations always made my face wither too white(fairly light) or too yellow (light), while the matte formulation diminishes the ghostly luminescent effect of the fairly light shade.
Even with primer, this made my 22 yr old skin look chalky and settled into fine lines, only emphasizing them in broad daylight.
Regarding packaging, while the brilliant design of the turn and lock lid prevents you from spilling too much onto the lid, much powder ended up on the lid side after travelling, and unlike the older containers, it is impossible to pour powder back into its chamber.
I'm also trying to avoid loose powders since Dr. Oz scared me off of inhaling the minerals into my lungs.

Have moved onto using Origins Silk Screen in the meantime, but might return to this for special occasions that require a powder with staying power.

I tried this foundation along with Mineral Veil. It's a good mineral foundation and lasts well on my oily skin. It lasted nearly all day and only became slightly oily around my nose at the end of the day. I definitely recommend using Mineral Veil as it's a very good finishing powder and helps keep my makeup matte all day! I had just two problems with this make up, the brushes are quite coarse to use as they suggest and scratched and hurt my skin when I had the 'make under' in store. The other problem is that the lightest shade 'fair' is far too dark for my skin.

I recommend Lily Lolo foundation as a cheaper alternative, they have more lighter shades and softer brushes too! Currently I'm using Lily Lolo foundation and Bare Minerals Mineral Veil.

When I purchased this, I thought it would be a lot better than the original formulation because it was a couple of dollars more expensive. The original formulation wore off throughout the day and didn't last long. However, with this one, there is not much coverage. You have to apply a lot of it to get some coverage. And when you do, your entire face looks chalky and it is filled with patchy sides because this foundation doesn't blend well at all. I bought this formulation thinking it would not get oily on my t-zone but it still did. I would choose the other formulation over this one. But I don't like either.

I love this product! I use this everyday and although it doesn't give a lot of coverage I'm alright with that because I don't need that much coverage. It leaves my face matte through the day and then my face starts to get a little bit shiny after 8 hours. I have mine in the shade light which matches perfectly. It was quite expensive: $35 at Sephora but you don't need a lot of it, and I will repurchase when I run out.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I absolutely love this new matte formulation. I had been a loyal customer of BE for years but discontinued use because my skin is very oily and with the original formula, it would melt of my face within 1 -2 hrs. The new matte formula actually will last on me for8+ hrs which is alot for me. I have to blot a few times, but I dont get uber shiny like before, just like a nice glow if ne thing. It gives me a nice finish, to me it seems like its low to medium coverage, but thats perfect for me, because I dont really have ne thing to cover, I just need something to even out my skin tone. THANK YOU BARE MINERALS <3

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

So i got this foundation a while back having paid it over from Ebay as Australians crazily overprice their cosmetics.. grr. Anyways, the foundation in itself is a matte formula of the original which gives more of a dewy glow. The matte formula has no bismuth and has rare minerals which is supposedly going to minimise your pores. What i think of it?, i really liked the original when first applied, however realised during the day oil control and glowiness just ended up making my face a pool of oil with my pores emphasised as pits (trust me its not a pretty sight seeing i have huge as pores). So of course i was excited for this formula. What can i say about it, it controls oiliness quite well and it took out the glowiness which is ok because after a while my natural oils make it kinda glowy anyways. It is quite drying however, and i do find my face kind of flat looking when first applied so you definitely need blush or some kind of fix (i use mac fix +) for this. Coverage wise is decent, it doesnt cover extremely well so dont expect coverage of liquid foundation unless you keep layering it on, which is it quite buildable but ends up looking kinda powdery so all in all its about light - medium coverage at best. What i do like about it though - my pores do seem covered or more so covered when using a flocked sponge over the pores on my inner cheeks, how natural the foundation is and i dislike foundation where its extremely obvious that youve got foundation on - not pretty, oil control and the fact that it DOESNT break me out. I have problems with most foundations as my skin is sensitive and acne prone. Surprisingly enough when i wash the foundation off my skin kinda glows abit more, that cant be a bad thing. So all in all - its my holy grail mineral foundation, i just wished it could be maybe abit less matte looking and abit more coverage but i will repurchase. Still happy with the product :)

I use this as an everyday powder over a light tinted moisturizer. The finish is natural-looking, clean skin that doesn't look overdone. This works best applied with a dense soft bristle kabuki. Coverage isn't extreme, I use it as a finishing touch to my regime and it works perfectly as that. I see this product as a great every-day item for any age to use.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Review/Comparison: BareMinerals vs. It Cosmetics Celebration Foundation Illumination by TheKatalicious17

Top Rated Bare Escentuals Products