Moroccanoil Moroccan Oil

4.1

Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil (Argan Oil), Parfum (Fragrance), Linseed (Linum Usitatissimum) Extract, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Benzoate, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, CI 26100 (Red 17), CI 47000 (Yellow 11).

Love this product! It's one of those things where you don't realize what it's doing for you until you stop using it. I have fine, wavy hair that gets frizzy at the drop of a hat. Moroccan Oil keeps it from breaking (especially in the winter w/ the heat on), and just smells fantastic. I've tried other argan oil products but none work for me as well as MO does. If you're a licensed cosmetologist, you can sometimes get a special where the bottle comes w/ a pump.

on 3/8/2011 5:06:00 PM

Pros :
Smells fantastic
Leaves hair soft and silky

Cons :
Expensive HOWEVER a normal sized bottle will last a very long time.
First ingredient is silicones so not sure how good it really is for your hair?!
The packaging. If you drop this jar its all over, it should also have a pump.

Overall :

I ordered a small bottle to try it out after all the hype and I was actually very pleasantly surprised. It feels really light ( I got the normal version not the light one) and leaves my hair silky and soft. It is expensive but a full jar should easily last a year with daily use so i think that justifies the price. I know its loaded with silicones so not sure how good this is for your hair but I think I will purchase the full jar and see how things go!

on 3/8/2011 10:16:00 AM

hi guys...with this buzz around moroccan oil has anyone thought about the silicone content in it???i havent tried it yet but wouldnt pure argan oil do the trick + no added chems????
just a thought...i'm so tempted to buy it but feel scared as i have very fine hair and thinning so dont want to overload them with silicone.

on 3/7/2011 7:33:00 PM

I got a sample at a beauty event and tried this out. I really love the smell, which leaves my hair smelling nice, healthy and shiny. After using this I notice that I have softer and finer hair, usually I would put the Moroccan oil end of the tips of my hair because it's very frizzy and this oil helped to lock my unwanted frizzy hair.

on 3/7/2011 7:27:00 PM

I have been using from the first time my salon stocked it. I use Morrocanoil LIGHT. I have fine hair that is color treated and my hair just soaks it up. I would never think of washing my hair and not using this! Also use the gold shimmer spray. Just a light mist makes my blond highlights gleem!

on 3/7/2011 5:34:00 PM

I like it well enough....it gives my hair that shine I'm looking for but I started looking around and found the Argan Oil from Sally's for $11.00 and it worked just as well. Soooo....plus, I have the Gold Glimmer Shine in the spray bottle that I absolutely love. I believe it was $22 but It was worth it.. Maybe I'll put the Argan Oil in that spray bottle after loll.

on 3/6/2011 9:49:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Makes my hair so shiny without greasiness. Would prefer if it had a pump as amount from bottle is difficult to control.

It does have a strong smell. It doesn't bother me, but could prove to be a prob for some. Overall, love it.

on 3/6/2011 2:28:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

The Morrocan Oil seems pricey, but lasts forever. I also use it just before going out if my hair needs a little shine and vibrancy. It does NOT weigh my hair down.
I have naturally thick curly hair (big round curls), and a LOT of it. I'd been using L'oreal EverStrong for a while, AND REALLY LOVE IT, but I recently had the brazilian keratin treatment done and want to preserve it as long as possible. I immediately wanted to try the Organix Brazilian Keratin treatment Shampoo & Conditioner because it is the only one that says sodium & sulfate free- ALL others say one or the other. I wash my hair every few days because its naturally dry, and looks awful if I wash it too often (the 3rd day is when it looks best!). This shampoo seems to do such a great job, I only have to shampoo once. It lathers up better than expected and leaves my scalp & hair feeling very clean. I follow with the matching conditioner and leave it on under a shower cap for about 7 minutes. They smell SO good. After I rinse that off I use the EverStrong mask, under a shower cap for about 10 minutes (longer if possible). I rinse well and style as usual. My hair is almost down to my waist. I have a ton of it, and I style it straight using a blow dryer (no more flatiron needed). It's now super shiny and healthy. I constantly get complimented on my hair because it's so long and healthy and there's so much of it. I think it's a combination of good, strong hair that is not over-processed and the products I use. I run a bit of Morrocanoil through it after the shower, let it air dry until it's slightly dryer than damp, then apply Morrocan oil again and blow dry section by section with a large round brush. I have it colored about every 7 weeks and have a "color shade" (for shine and smoothness) every 3 weeks. I also have it trimmed every 3 weeks. Even the Miami humidity does not make it get frizzy. I highly recommend these products. The Morrocan oil lasts FOREVER! I only have to use a tiny bit.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this! It makes my non-damaged but dull hair look super shiny! It also smells heavenly. However, it's easy to use too much of this, which then severely weighs down hair. The glass bottle worries me though - one teensy false move and it's all over. Overall I love it.

on 3/3/2011 8:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I LOVE the smell of this stuff. My hair isn't damaged at the moment, so I can't vouch for its ability to repair hair, but it does make my hair more shiny (and delicious- smelling). A warning: the scent is strong and doesn't wear off easily, so you probably can't wear other scented products with it. I just wish the packaging was more user-friendly-- maybe a squirt bottle or spray?