October 25, 2014 | 1833 users online

Liquid - MAC - Mineralize Satinfinish SPF 15 Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2009 7:49:00 AM More reviews by Colourpop

I have combination skin which has a tendency to be oily so at first I was concerned that this product would add too much shine. I chose shade NW25 which is a perfect match, and I love this product. It truly gives me 'flawless' skin, and there are only a few products out there which do that. It works well with a foundation brush but fingertips are fine. It gives an amazing sheen to the skin, to counteract too much shine I apply some blot powder if I feel a bit oily. You don't need to apply a massive amount, just enough for a light amount of coverage. There are many people saying this is only for dry skin, but that is not the case, it works well on all skin types if applied correctly and can give you a supermodel finish : )

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2009 1:43:00 AM More reviews by DrMAC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is probably the only liquid foundation I would think about purchasing again! I am not a liquid makeup kind of girl mainly because I am so scared of having that mask look throughout the year, but since I've been working more and vacationing less, I don't have that problem anymore. MAC's mineralize satinfinish is the lightest version of their foundations. I am NC25 and usually wear NC25 select pressed powder, and medium in the mineralize skinfinish natural foundation powder. I love this foundation but it goes on the best with a foundation brush or sponge. If you dab it on with your fingers and try to blend, it is really hard to even it out over your skin. It goes on effortlessly with a foundation brush, then i take my clean fingers and rub any excess in. The coverage is light, and I still need to use a concealer with it to cover up an acne scar, but it doesnt look like I'm wearing foundation. I will put mineralize skinfinish natural powder on over it and it looks flawless! I love it! It is great for my dry dry skin, and I think the color match is awesome for my asian skin. I love MAC's products! The foundation comes with this pump that you just turn and then pump to get product out! No contamination!! I love it. I think this will take me awhile to finish since I don't wear it everyday but I think it is a fabulous product! Their main mineralize line is amazing in general!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2009 4:02:00 PM More reviews by beauty9584

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Ok so I went to the CCO and purchased this with out the help of a MU! I got the color I thought (NC45) would be good for me and went home to test it out! Since on some parts of my face i am lighter and on others I am darker, I dont need much! I used it, coverage is good! Its very lightweight! this is definately great for summer time! Its a nice texture and consistancy, not to watery!

Later I went to MAC and spoke wit a MU to see what here suggestion would be for me and she stated the same color I bought and she told me to top it off with mineralized skinfinish powder in Dark, and every since I have been doing this! And it has become my daily makeup of choice!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2008 3:10:00 PM More reviews by whatevergurl4

yuck i can't believe i wore this in the summer. my pics look greasy and dark orange. never again, but so many girls rave about this on youtube. i even wore the useless natural msf on top, but that didn't help. nc35-40 update: i've gotten used to this. doesn't cover much, but evens skin tone.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/30/2008 1:27:00 AM More reviews by prettybrowneyes85

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I usually use Studio Tech foundation in NC45, but I wanted something more light weight. So the MA recommended a liquid foundation. I tried on Studio Fix Fluid first and it gave me a pretty good matte coverage. I was curious to see what Mineralized Satinfinish would look like on me. Af first, I loved the shine it gave my skin. But after a couple hours of wearing it, my face started to itch. That had never happened to me before. When I removed it after I got home, my face looked soooo dry. It's been 2 days since I've worn any type of foundation and my skin still feels dry around my mouth and it itches! And I've been washing and moisturizing my face 2 times a day. I guess I'm having some type of mild allergic reaction (greatful that I haven't broken out...yet). Needless to say, I won't be using this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2008 6:26:00 PM More reviews by paya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this foundation after a MAC MUA tried it on me during a demo/class. Because I was the class model I wasn't able to really look at my face until the end (when I was wearing all the products). Based on his recommendation, I bought the Mineralize Satin Finish foundation (in NC44). I usually wear Mac Face and Body C6 - which I absolutely love. When I got home and tried on the Satin Finish, it felt heavy and looked (very) yellow on my skin. It looked like mustard - I mean really yellow. I tried wearing it 2 days and it never really blended into my skin, and I didn't like the heaviness of it. I ended up returning it the next day for a bottle of Face and Body. If you can find a good match for your skin tone - and want slightly heavier coverage - might be a good foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2008 2:25:00 AM More reviews by xbridgette

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Best foundation I've ever used, I'm glad I bought it (depsite the fact it's a little pricey). It gives my skin a very pretty, light, dewy glow. I'll be buying it again once I run out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2008 8:11:00 AM More reviews by gabbster123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've worn this foundation once but I'll update in a couple pf days. I went to MAC yesterday asking the SA to help me fnd a foundation that will give my skin a glow look flawless and natural at the same time and she reccomended this product I can say that after she applied it my skin had life to it! it looked glowing and radiant while lookig natural and flawless I have dry combo skin so i didnt feel the greasyness that other reviewers have with this product. I love the bottle design cute little frosted glass bottle with a twist pump cap. Perfect for not wasting product. This foundation is a little on the expensive side since I'm 15. But I work so I can afford to buy it if it ever runs out. Also the shade matched my skin perfet> I'm NW 20. and it also matched my neck something a foundation never did for me. thats a plus. i reccomend applying this foundation with the 187 and the 190 it can get streaky! This foundation didnt clog my pores or make them looked enlarged. since I'm acne prone I havent broke out from it yet.*crosses fingers* Will repurchase!
    *UPDATE: The foundation hasn't broken me out after a month's use I recommend setting it with blot powder.MSFs or select sheer. setting it with Studio Fix Powder will turn your face orange!
    *ANOTHER UPDATE: After awhile this made me look organe and the shimmerl enlarged and magnified my pores. but since summer is here and my skin has cleared the foundation is good and looks natural. but is has a sheer to medium coverage I was scared that the summer heat will make me look like an oil slock but with a good primer and set powder my skin looked radiant and fresh. I sort of have a love hate relationship so this gets 3 lippies and I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2008 1:41:00 AM More reviews by pollydolly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really want to love this, am a recent MAC convert and decided I needed a little more coverage than the tinted moisturiser I had been using. Went to MAC and lovely assistant made up my face she took into account I'm not that skilled at application and wanted a simple daytime look I looked great when she had finished like me but polished. Long story short bought foundation, brush (I've never used one till now), and couple of other things. Tried foundation colour excellent NC25, I like the sheen (makes my older skin look dewy) BUT it does show up any flakeyness (and I didn't know I was flakey! Yes my skin tends to dryness but I keep well exfoliated and moisturized). I'm thinking I need to use prep and prime underneath the foundation (grr more money) or develop a better technique with the brush. I'll edit when I've experimented further.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2008 11:55:00 PM More reviews by XOCHITL1980

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Like everyone else, I heard this foundation was good. So of course I went to my MAC counter and first had it applied on my face, cause you never know, some girls just wanna sell you something that later you regret buying. Anyways, she first applied a MAC primer, then the MAC mineralized Satin Finish in NW30. At first I thought she used a 187 brush, but she said she used the 190 brush. I was liking what I saw.... a nice, flawless, not too much foundation kinda look.This foundation does not feel heavy at all. I use to use MAC Studio Fix which was really heavy on me. I'm so glad I finally found my exact shade. It feels lightwieght, gives you a medium coverage, and makes your skin look good. I will for sure repurchase!!!!!