SKII Facial Treatment Essence

3.6

on 8/2/2007 12:01:00 AM

I was checking out new beauty items at Saks when I was convinced to try this essense on the back of one hand to compare with the other. OMG what a shocking difference after the SA patted the essence ladent cotton pad on one vs the other w/o! Based on that experience alone I forked out funds to purchase a 150 ml bottle. Now I am halfway through it and I use this essence 2x a day with my La Mer and I cannot rave enough on how wonderful my skin looks. Pores are refined and this seems to just boost the glow I get from using CDLM. I will be repurchasing this for sure!

on 6/3/2007 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I was so intrigued with the story of the special ingredient behind this product, PITERA. Most websites claimed that pitera makes the skin smooth, soft and youthful. This essence was also suggested by the SA to me because I have oily and acne prone skin. I was doing great with my Kose Sekkisei line, still I decided to add this product in my skincare regimen. That wasn't the brightest idea. I never noticed how the pores on the sides of my nose. However after using this product I was shocked, literally, at the sight of those gigantic pores. Also, I would usually have a nice healthy glow and just a balance of moisture on my face, thanks to Sekkisei. With this product, my face is oily. I didn't notice any positive changes it did in my entire complexion. So I stopped using it and just stuck with my original routine. Thank goodness I used a sample and didn't buy the whole thing. To think I was planning to buy the entire line even without trying it out first. That would have been really stupid and a big waste of money considering the price range of SKII products.

on 5/26/2007 7:51:00 PM

This is my HG essence!
Before using it, I experienced breakouts frequently, monthly basis or even worse. However, somehow SKII facial treatment essence can kill this problem. It makes my skin less oily, experience less breakouts (or should I say almost none), and smoother. It's in my daily routine for a year by now. It's quite expensive but one bottle can last so long... 4-6 months even I use it everyday,am +pm.

Thump down for its packaging though. It comes in super heavy glass bottle ,with no pump. Really hard to get the product out. Sometimes get less than the amount you want, sometimes more. I would prefer it to have a pump bottle instead.

on 5/16/2007 6:05:00 AM

I have combination skin, quite sensitive and prone to breakouts. I've been using this product for 3 months now and for me personally it's great. Even my husband noticed improvements, so it's not just me trying to convince myself that all that money wasn't spent in vain. The product is expensive, but the full sized bottle lasts very long. You only need a little bit of the water. I use it twice a day. My skin was prone to breakouts of smal spots; they still do appear once in a while but much, much less often. Skintone is also much improved, I don't have the dry/oly patches any more. I suppose this product either suits your skin really well or it doesn't at all, but for me it's everything they promised inthe ads! :)

on 5/13/2007 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Works great, and worth the cost(if you can afford to keep it in stock in your beauty stash...)

on 5/1/2007 10:57:00 AM

I bought this based on hype. The smell is AWFUL! Didn't notice a difference in my skin and the bottle is almost gone. I have good skin to begin with so maybe its better for someone who's looking to fix problems. I've used retin-a for over 10 years and don't have the aging problems that most 40 yr olds have. But I was still hoping to see a difference when I tried this.

I was given a set of their trial size, Ive heard all the hype about this product, and it's spose to be very good, I use this after i cleanser and tone, and to be honest, i cannot stand the smell of the product, yes it's spose to be 90% pitera hence the odour can be a bit over powering, and when i wake up in the morning, my skin felt instantly softer and glow. Update (08/08): anyway i decided to give it ago again, its been 3 weeks since ive been using, my god!!! My skin looks fantastic.... i have never had the courage to go to the gym in the peak time (cause i dont wear makeup when i go to the gym) and my skin has improved so much that it look fantastic when im not wearing makeup at all. my skin glow with radiance. im loving this.

on 4/5/2007 6:28:00 PM

Nice product but I really did not see a big difference.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Another HG from SKII. I've been using this for almost 3 months, and have noticed a significant improvement on my skin.. not just a hoax and another gimmick, over-hyped products that I was curious about. This makes my skin clear, smooth, more even toned and less oily and to my surprise.. my pores are much less visible. Such a nice product. The only downside is the sky price. That's where the last lippie went off. I spent AU$139 for a full-sized bottle, very expensive. However, I will keep purchase this as this makes me skin really lovely and wonderful. HG!

on 3/6/2007 9:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This product is lovely. I thought at first it was a marketing gimmick and everyone's been raving about it so I thought I might give it a try coz my skin was reacting badly to humidity. From extreme dry weather to extreme moisture, my skin became pimply, pores got bigger with uneven skin tone. And my skincare regimen has always been quite extensive from jurlique to la prairie. On the first days of trying the product, my skin got more refined, pores tightened and i was glowing. Everyone has been complimenting my skin and I will feel completely naked without it. My only gripe? the price.

Popular Treatments (Face)

Retin A
Lemon Juice
Nerium AD

Top Rated Treatments (Face)

Top Rated SKII Products