Smashbox Photo Finish Light

3.5

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polysilicone-11, Butylene Glycol, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Carbomer, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Triethanolamine, Decyl Glucoside, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Oligopeptide-10

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I tried this after the regular photo finish destroyed my face and found that, while it didn't break me out, it didn't make me look as flawless as the originaly. I ended up returning the product because it didn't seem to do much. I mean, it didn't hurt me, but it didn't help either.

I've found that the Clinique primer (pore minimizer) seems to do a bit better and is better formulated for oily/acne prone folks.

on 9/15/2008 1:45:00 AM

i was impressed with this product at first: the vitamin C seemed to really brighten my complexion and keep my makeup looking fresh throughout the day; although it didn't matify too much, it does make skin look fresh and dewy. but after daily use i noticed it made my skin slightly oiler and found the product just blocked my pores. it almost acts like a sealant on the skin, which i can feel even after using my micellar solution. this product seems to be comedogenic.. and being 60% water, it really isn't worth the 44CAD.

on 9/10/2008 12:49:00 PM

I must say I love this product. I received it in a kit from QVC and am quite pleased. It gives a beautiful matte finish to my skin and yet has a creamy and smooth texture when going on. It also keeps my powder or liquid makeup on quite well during the day. I do find that I have to use quite a bit more, almost like I am applying a light coat of moisturizer, and for this reason, the price for the amount is too high in my opinion, when there are so many competing options on the market----I'm thinking of the new Avon MagiX, for instance--- (hence the four lippies). I probably would not purchase independently from a kit, but I will def. use it up.

on 9/6/2008 10:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This really works for me. My skin is definitely not perfect and smooth because i have breakouts and the red marks they leave behind. When i use this primer it really does smooth out my skin and my foundation application is much easier. One day I actually forgot to put this on before my foundation and I noticed a huge difference. There was even one day where I was doing my makeup and i thought i ran out -- I kind of started to panic haha. It does help makeup stay all day long. It is pricey but I don't want to be disappointed if I try any other primer. I figure I would just come back to this anyway.

on 8/15/2008 6:57:00 PM

This is an OK primer, but I really don't see what all the hype is about. I expected to see a noticeable difference when I used it vs. using fondation alone (or tinted mousturizer alone), but I honestly didn't. I did like the way it felt on my skin, very light and smooth, but it certainly doesn't double as a mousturizer, and it's too light to use without one. My combination skin does get dry in places, and is sensitive, too, so maybe this product would work well on oilier skin types. I did appreciate that this product didn't irritate my skin at all. I really wanted to like this, but it's just ok. I won't purchase again, but I may give the regular version (not Light) of Photo Finish a try, because everyone else seems to love it, so maybe I just tried the wrong one.

on 8/13/2008 1:35:00 PM

Despite the low ratings on this product, I decided to try it anyway. I know, I know, ... I thought maybe this one would be different. Nope. I found this to be a merely average primer. It feels nice on your skin and your makeup does good just after you've applied it. That's about it. No real reduction in the look of your pores, no lasting matte effect. I bought the trial sized tube at my local Shopper's Drug Mart and that still set me back $25 CAD for .5oz/15mL. I might finish the tube, probably will not and definitely will not repurchase. This is the second disappointing Smashbox primer I've used. Should have trusted you, MUA ...

I had high hopes for this product since I absolutely adore the smashbox healthy fx foundation. But this product gets a resounding "EH!" from me. It only moderately controls the shine on my nose while cakeing up in places that are on the slightly dry side. While it may control oil, i find it does not have the real mattifying effect that i was looking for. This product is probably only really good for those that are truly oily. Not a horrible product, but certainly not worth the $17 dollars that I paid for the trial-sized tube.

on 8/6/2008 5:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this product. Ive tried intuits (beauty society) photo finish primer ala kim kardashian and hated it. Did nothing to control the oil, make my makeup last longer...nothing. this on the other hand sucks the oilies away and gives me a beautiful canvas to work with. will repurchase!

on 8/5/2008 9:11:00 PM

I've used this product daily for the past 3 weeks, and at this point, I would not purchase this product again. Basically, I just needed something to prep my skin for either powder or tinted moisturizer, and help control oil and keep me matte. This is average at the former and terrible at the latter. I have combo skin but b/c it's summer, my T-zone is particularly oily and when using this primer, I need to blot by mid-morning. I haven't had any adverse reactions to using Photo Finish Light, and like I said - it's decent for prepping skin for other face makeup. But there are too many primers out there - with higher ratings on MUA! - for me to repurchase. I bought the tiny sample tube at Sephora - yes, it's pricey considering the size- but I'll probably just use up my tube and move on.

on 7/31/2008 12:00:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

got the trial size in a swap,ive been dieing to try it. it seemed to work pretty good on the pores around my nose, but my chin still has some issues. i cant expect this stuff to fix every flaw, but all in all i was pleased w/ it and plan on getting more.