April 20, 2014 | 1001 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Light

rated 1 of 5 on 3/31/2008 6:44:00 PM More reviews by ahwannabe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Went on nicely, but left a chalky residue. Probably okay if you have really pale skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2008 10:00:00 PM More reviews by anglomania86

I bought this several days ago and the first time I tried it I wasn't overly impressed. It seemed to make areas of my face super dry and flakey which didn't look good at all, it also made some areas where I applied my powder foundation cakey! I've now realised that what I should have done was to give it adequate drying time before I applied my foundation as these past few days this initial flakeyness didn't happen. I feel like it has done wonders for my oily skin and my t-zone is less oily and I don't really need to blot it. Overall I'm pleased with the product but I have to say that the price is crazy. I grudgingly paid the extortionate amount but won't be doing that anytime soon because I'm sure there are primers out there that will do the job for far less!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2008 2:15:00 PM More reviews by Christi_W

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This would be a great primer, if it didn't make my skin so angry. After the first couple days of using this, I broke out in the places I usually do once a month, so I thought "okay, maybe it's a hormonal thing... 3 weeks early." A few days later I was also breaking out with tiny red bumps in areas of my face that have never broken out before. I stopped using it and a week later my skin was clear again. This is unfortunate because it did really well at keeping my makeup in place, making my pores look smaller (I don't really have large pores, though, so I don't know that it helps that much), and I wasn't as oily as usual.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2008 12:16:00 AM More reviews by mmtt

My sister used the regular formulation for her wedding and never looked shiny (even thought it was in Hawaii). She suggested I use the light version as I am prone to having break outs. I was SO disappointed! The packaging is nice and it did make my skin feel nice for the first 30 seconds while I was putting it on, but after that things just went downhill. It caused little bumps as well as large cystic type pimples. I was shiny again in 2-3 hours. It did nothing to make my makup stay longer. And I got these dry patches on my cheeks. What a waste!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2008 3:46:00 PM More reviews by tideturns

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i actually really like this stuff- i wanted to hate it because of the pricetag but it really does help my makeup stay on longer and makes my pores less noticeable once makeup goes on. i recently switched to this after mistakenly trying the original photo finish (i have acne prone skin) i am way happier with the light version and despite the price tag i will buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2008 4:32:00 PM More reviews by gummibalu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this primer, its the only primer i'll use under my makeup. It does all the great things the regular smashbox photo finish primer does except its lighter = better for oilier/acne prone skin types. i love itttt <3

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2008 10:22:00 PM More reviews by supernatural_blonde

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm so disappointed in this product. It did absolutely nothing at all for my skin. Plus, I've developed weird little bumps all over my cheeks since applying it this morning. It doesn't seem to improve the wear of my makeup... even that would have made it worth it.
The only thing I like about it is the packaging and the lack of a perfumey smell.
I'm taking it back tomorrow. Not worth nearly $40.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2008 9:34:00 PM More reviews by ashleynewcomb

Prior to purchasing this product I'd used the regular Photo Finish primer. I can definitely tell the consistency difference between the two. The one with oil (any of their primers but this product) felt super super smooth. Guess that's from the oil. Not that this is bad, but it just doesn't smooth my skin out to the degree the regular primer did. However, as my skin has been prone to breaking out lately I thought I'd give it a try. This did help my makeup stay on longer, which I guess is the main aim of this product. If it can accomplish the same thing without putting unnecessary oil on my skin, then all the better. It doesn't do much in terms of long-term mattifying of the skin, but what product can? :)

rated 2 of 5 on 3/3/2008 4:13:00 PM More reviews by selene_gal5

I tried the original, didn't like it so I tried this one. Well didn't like this one either. It did not keep my makeup on any longer than usual. I think I've given up on primers.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2008 11:12:00 AM More reviews by notagoodidea

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Good stuff, great for oily skin. I will buy again!