December 21, 2014 | 1722 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Light

rated 3 of 5 on 6/2/2008 2:18:00 PM More reviews by cloudy888

I don't feel particularly attached to this product. I think it made my makeup last maybe a little longer but I am not going crazy over it. It did not do what it did for the other reviewers who cant live without it. I bought the little tube to try it first since this was the first primer I tried and its expensive! But I did not get much of that velvety soft feel everyone has been talking about...maybe a lil but I have to stop and feel it and pay attention to it. If I hadnt read the reviews, I probably wouldnt have noticed the feeling. I also found that I had to use alot of it to get any effect. In other words...I am going to be trying other primers. Oh and I would recommend buying the tube rather than the bottle since it can fit anywhere and plus u can get it all out compared to the complains with the bottle.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2008 2:52:00 AM More reviews by pink1223

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I liked this product, but wouldn't say that I can't live without it. I think it actually did make my makeup last longer, but if I even had one flake of dryness on my cheeks before using it (of course after washing and moisturizing) it would gravitate to it and highlight it. I guess I should use this stuff mainly on the t-zone and it would work pretty well. So, I could say I like it, but don't love.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/30/2008 10:58:00 AM More reviews by kcielo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been on the hunt for a really good primer.

From Smashbox, I tried the Bronzing Photo Finish and it did not do anything to help me look less like a grease-ball after a couple of hours, so I was hoping that this Light primer would do the trick! You know the deal... it's geared for oilier skin and is mostly water... blah blah blah. Well, it feels nice and looks great when you first put it on, but low and behold... after a couple of hours, grease-ball! So unfortunately, this primer is a waste and it's going back!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/21/2008 8:06:00 PM More reviews by vandael

I have a love-hate relationship with this little black and white bottle. I love the results and finish I get when I prime under my foundation, but i hate that it clogs my pores and makes me break out. Yuck. Luckily I grabbed this baby off an eBay auction for only $24. But for $36 retail... I'd rather just pick up a $7 tube of Monistat Chafing Gel. Comparable results for a fraction of the price. I don't use a primer everyday, so I think I'll be reserving my PFL for nights out and special occasions. It does create noticeable results, but not at the price of being a pimple monster. Although I do appreciate the bottle design with the new-improved pump. It assures product isn't wasted. Worth a try, but will not be re-purchasing.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/14/2008 4:50:00 PM More reviews by bittersweetjess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wanted to like this SO badly. I was hoping this would do for my face what Urban Decay Primer Potion does for my eyes: keep whatever product I put on in place until I take it off. Unfortunately, I didn't see a difference when I used it. Like some other reviewers, I used it on one half of my face so I could evaluate how well it worked in comparison to just foundation. When I compared it to the other side mid-day, and at the end of the day, I didn't see a difference at all. On the plus side, it does feel nice going on, and doesn't leave a greasy film or anything like that. It just didn't do anything, so I can't justify spending almost $40 on it. My search for a primer continues!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2008 12:52:00 AM More reviews by bbygurgles

I absolutely LOVE this product! It really does do what it claims. It's oil-free and is 60% water based so it did not clog my pores, just fill it to create an even-skin look. It quickly mattifies so I suggest putting this on IMMEDIATELY after you moisturize. It did not dry out my skin but since its not a moisturizer itself, I suggest applying a very good moisturizer before hand (MAC charged water would be a plus). There's definitely no worries with this product especially if you're acne-prone or oily or sensitive skinned. A+

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2008 11:48:00 AM More reviews by waimingsiu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i received this as a sample from sephora...and LOVED it. i was using the laura mercier primer for awhile but have now completely converted over to this one. it doesn't clog my pores and helps control my oily skin. i can see how it wouldn't be suitable for someone with dry skin. however, when i use this primer...i don't find the need to blot my face later on, which is wonderful :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2008 12:48:00 AM More reviews by BeagleLab

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Didn't like this at all. It was too drying on my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2008 9:22:00 AM More reviews by MilesDevin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This does nothing to control oil, but does do a decent job of priming the skin. Not worth the hype. I prefer Clinique's Pore Minimizing T Zone Shine Control or MUFE All Mat over this any day.

Overpriced and overrated. End of story.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/3/2008 6:42:00 PM More reviews by missy0202

A very good idea. A primer that is oil-free for sensitive,acne prone and oily skin. Too bad it doesn't work. Goes on very smoothly and looks great for about an hour and then my oily skin is back. Would probably work for people with not that oily skin.