July 26, 2014 | 985 users online

Treatments (Face) - Lemon Juice

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2008 4:16:00 AM More reviews by joy808

i have been using lemon juice for 2 weeks now and it really does work. i get pimples once in awhile and i have a bad habit of picking and popping it and after i get seriously bad dark acne scars. my acne scars are still showing but lemon juice has helped it fade.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2008 7:57:00 PM More reviews by Missy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I tried lemon juice a long time ago and it irritated my already extremely sensitive, rosacean, acne-prone skin. Fast forward about a year and my skin is broken out, rosacea is flaring up repeatedly and I just can't seem to get my skin under control. After reading the great reviews for lemon juice, I decide to give it another try, but using it diluted this time around. I have nothing to lose! This time, I purchase one of the little yellow squeeze bottles, but am kind of nervous since it also contains lemon OIL along with the lemon juice. I soak a cotton ball in distilled water, add a few drops of lemon juice and then squeeze it all out and apply to my entire face. Now, let me tell you... This natural remedy has done more for my skin than several prescriptions, literally hundreds of dollars worth of skin care products and even a Clarisonic could not do. In only ONE night, the tiny, crusty bumps on my forehead that I have been trying to be rid of for the past 7 months literally vanished. I could not believe it! I've been using it for a week now and my skin looks better every single morning. It does sting a little when you apply it and it makes my skin itch, but I use a nice, calming cream on top and that takes care of that. I'm still waiting on it to fade my old acne spots, which I'm sure will take time, but I can tell you that I'll never be without this amazing natural remedy again!
UPDATE: I've found that lemon juice is too potent to use every day. It makes your skin more sensitive due to the high acidic level and more prone to a sunburn (even in cloudy weather). Lemon juice is fabulous for once or twice a week, but that's all my skin can handle.

22 out of 22 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2008 5:39:00 PM More reviews by kiaboo1980

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can honestly say that lemon juice works. It's a great skin brightener that also fades those spots and freckles. It really makes the skin even-toned and glow. I used it as a toner after washing my face and saw drastic results after ~30-45 days of using it twice a day. I used lemon juice concentrate. My sister noticed how 'glowy' and even toned my skin was and I have the worst skin problems (acne, hyperpigmentation) in the family. So receiving a compliment on my skin was just mind blowing.
I just moistend a cotton square, applied to my skin and left on over night. Did the same in the morning, but the juice seemed to interact with my sunscreen. Therefore, I don't recommend lemon juice for your morning beauty routine. Do mind how much you use because too much of a good thing can be bad. I was using twice a day and my skin became irritated. I've cut back, but will never give it up.
One more thing, for all of you with dark complexions, please give lemon juice a try. It will fade dark spots without making you look like Michael Jackson. It takes some time, but it WILL work.

35 out of 37 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2008 10:52:00 PM More reviews by blondchick12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is something I don't consistently use but probabaly should. It is no miracle lightener, but I think it works just as well as many somewhat expensive fade creams. Does sting on open zits, but not too bad on normal skin. I love that it is all natural and cheap!! I do think I have seen some improvement from using this. Worth a shot for sure!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2008 6:25:00 PM More reviews by PRiNCESSMAHiNA

I love this! Since my skin isn't that bad, normally, I only use this when I have a big breakout. I use it every morning and let it dry while I eat breakfast...it clears up my skin, but dries it out pretty bad, so I always have to follow with a super moisturizing moisturizer after.
This evened my skin tone really well and banished breakouts...at least until the next month, haha.
This is too drying for me to use everyday unless I have to, so I would only recommend it as an every day treatment for oily skin. For combo, it's just too much. Also, this stings, especially on open blemishes, but it really does help them heal faster(:

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2008 1:59:00 PM More reviews by sharmaa12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use fresh lemon juice 3x a week, at night, after I cleanse with olive oil (too harsh to use every night). It takes away the mild residue left behind by the oil and exfoliates at the same time. I try to leave it on for 10 minutes then wash off with a cotton pad. My brother, who doesn't notice much, complimented my skin tone the other day - I was shocked! My skin is much smoother now.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2008 3:48:00 PM More reviews by urstandingonmytoes

After reading the reviews on here, I decided to try lemon juice on my freckled, sunspotted face. I remove my make up with my regular cleanser (Purpose) then I squeeze lemon juice on a cotton ball and apply it all over my face--avoiding my eyebrows and hairline. It stings for a few min, that's why I took off one lippie, but its not intolerable. After it dries I give it a quick spritz of my Aquafina face spray, apply safflower oil around my eyes, then go to bed. In the morning, I exfoliate and rinse my face then use a salicylic toner and Garnier moisturizer. WOWWWW! My freckles are fading, my sunspots are fading, my skintone is more even and my pores are looking smaller, all that in THREE DAYS! The stuff I learn on MUA is amazing! If you love natural products see my review on safflower oil too--its another HG product for me. Sometimes the natural basics really are the best!! EDIT: Hubby noticed my freckles are getting lighter, and there was a cluster of them that looked like a big ol' age spot and that is nearly GONE!! WOOHOOO..thought I was gonna be stuck with that sucker for life but not since I found lemon juice!!!
EDIT: This has made my skintone so much more even..and seems to have even helped balance my oily t-zone some. Plain old lemon juice is definately HG status for me!!

55 out of 56 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2008 11:00:00 PM More reviews by AuNatural716

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

AMAZING! After just using it for a few days, my hyperpigmentation is fading quickly, and my skin is becoming so much more even toned as my acne scars disappear while using this overnight. And best of all, it's natural so I'm skipping out on packing my face with chemicals and I get no skin irritation! It does sting a bit when its first on, but the pain is well worth it. Try it out!

UPDATE (2012): Just forgot to conclude on here that this actually ended up irritating my skin and breaking me out more. I still love chemical exfoliation, but I'm going to stick to the kind that comes a jar. Natural-based things don't ever seem to work with my sensitive skin.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2008 9:10:00 PM More reviews by superficialbeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

-does nothing for treating acne
-helps prevent acne
-minimizes pores
-brings whiteheads to surface for easy extraction

5 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2008 1:47:00 AM More reviews by mynguye2

I'm amazed. I actually use lime not lemon, but I guess it's all the same. I really helps to lighten my skin. I just sorta squeeze the juice into my palm and rub all over my face trying to avoid the sensitive area around my eyes. Wait for around ten minutes and rinse. I do it twice a day when I'm not doing the aspirin mask and once on the day that I am. I gave it a four because it does sting a lot for me. If someone is battling with acne scars like I am... definitely give this a chance. Will probably update once I win the war against the scars. =)