September 18, 2014 | 864 users online

Treatments (Face) - Lemon Juice

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2009 10:22:00 PM More reviews by mg84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't want to give lemon juice a low rating, but i'm really sad that this doesn't seem to be working as well as I thought it would : ((.
I was really encouraged after reading these positive reviews, and i love using simple products for treating acne, so i was definitely excited to use something like lemon juice. I used lemon juice for about two-three weeks, every evening/night. After cleansing my face, i would cut a peice of a lemon and press a q-tip into it to absorb the juice. Then i would dab the q-tip onto any spots or pimples on my skin. I would leave it on for about 10 minutes and then gently rinse off with warm water. The first time that i tried this, i was feeling okay about it, and i thought it was beginning to work. Then after doing this for a few more nights, i didn't really see much of a change. I was still seeing a lot of redness, and my pimples weren't really improving. I had even read excellent reviews for this method on another website.. I feel kind of discouraged : (. If anyone has any tips on how to make this work better, please let me know, thanku.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2009 9:09:00 AM More reviews by footballove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use from time to time,NOT every night,fresh squeezed lemon juice diluted with water on my face,and I can say this is awsome stuff for oily,red-spot-like skin.It is a way more gentle on skin than,for example,ACV.It really shrinks a little bit my enlarged pores,makes me somehow glow.My skin is a little bit irritated after I put lemon juice on my face,but that irritation is gone after just few min.That's how it goes with my extremly sensitive skin.But,I tried one more solution I've found it on internet: Well,I do this as a morning pre-cleanser for my face: I use about one/two teablespoon of regural cow milk with one teaspoon frash squeezed lemon juice and rub my face with cotton ball,BEFORE I'm going to do my first morning face wash.I've heard that this stuff is amazing for blackheads,but You need to be patient and give it some time.I have been doing this maybe about 5 days in row,and all I can say for now that my skin appears smoother,more even toned,I look somehow fresh,and also I see my blackheads are fading away,I mean,they are less noticable.I will continue to use this method for long term,because I see some differences on my skin,but nothing miracle yet.But,It IS so simple to use milk and lemon before You are going to wash Your face,so You have nothing to lose,Your skin can only be better.Well,It stinks awful,but I can live with that.
Also,I pour 1 teaspoon of lemon juice into my scalp-shampoo everytime I wash my hair, and use it only on my scalp.It really seem like my scalp are producing less oil.I use this only on my oily scalp as I said,but NOT on my dry/damaged ends because I bealive it could make them even more dried.So, lemon is great solution for reducing of oily scalp.
Oh yes,I also use lemon juice as a spot treatment: I put ear-stick in pure lemon juice and rub the ear-stick over my pimple and especially red mark wich remains after pimple is gone.I do this every night and I really see how my post-acne red mark fading away really faster.
I also put few drops in Yogurt Mask,Aspirin Mask,You name it..Lemon is great stuff for everything,and very effective but not too harsh..at least not for me and my oily but sensitive skin.
UPDATED:
Over time,Lemon can be a little bit irritating,so watch out,and use it sparingly and with common sense,because You are using pure concentrate of Lemon acid.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2009 11:53:00 PM More reviews by nsarova

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I will never miss a night without using this. HG toner and red spot lightner! I have red marks all over my cheeks from past and new acne infestations and just by using lemon juice, my marks have become faded by about 50%. That is amazing! Even if 50% is all the results that I will see, I am so happy at this that I don't really care about any more progress! But I bet if I keep on using this every night more redness will fade. Also, my pores look so tight when I put this on and even the next day when I wash my face and put on foundation. Foundation looks amazing on, I have to use much less now to cover up those red spots. Acne does not like this goodness, it stays away and for good reason, lemons kick some acidic butt. Lemon juice doesn't irritate or dry me out at all, it helps out with oil production and evens my skin out like nothing else. I only use this at night as a toner and then apply Dan Kern's BP treatment right on after. I also found that squeezing a lemon myself rather than the pacakged lemon juice works much better for me. Try this out, it works better than the overpriced skin lightning junk out there. Forgot to add that this is also a great exfoliator, keeps skin really smooth.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2009 5:28:00 PM More reviews by evil_ren

This is an absolutely brilliant toner for oily skin. I have tried everything and have recently moved to a country that gets hot and humid in summer and my skin has gone mental! Recently started just squeezing a couple of tablespoons of fresh lemon juice into a cup and topping up with water (prob 60% water and 40% juice) and it really, really tightens my pores and leaves me skin feeling fresh. I t has already started to clear up a recent bad outbreak - I think leom has antibacterial properties. I use it after using biore ice cleanser, which I find is a good cleanser, and I've given up using any moisturiser for the rest of the summer. The weird thing is, I've been getting breakouts on my cheeks, where my skin is normal and nice and I don't have any big pores. my t-zone is really oily but there are no spots! Very strange. My skin has a mind of its own. I highly recommend diluted lemon juice for combo/oily skin. Wouldn't use it neat, it's very acidic and harsh.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2008 4:16:00 AM More reviews by joy808

i have been using lemon juice for 2 weeks now and it really does work. i get pimples once in awhile and i have a bad habit of picking and popping it and after i get seriously bad dark acne scars. my acne scars are still showing but lemon juice has helped it fade.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2008 7:57:00 PM More reviews by Missy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I tried lemon juice a long time ago and it irritated my already extremely sensitive, rosacean, acne-prone skin. Fast forward about a year and my skin is broken out, rosacea is flaring up repeatedly and I just can't seem to get my skin under control. After reading the great reviews for lemon juice, I decide to give it another try, but using it diluted this time around. I have nothing to lose! This time, I purchase one of the little yellow squeeze bottles, but am kind of nervous since it also contains lemon OIL along with the lemon juice. I soak a cotton ball in distilled water, add a few drops of lemon juice and then squeeze it all out and apply to my entire face. Now, let me tell you... This natural remedy has done more for my skin than several prescriptions, literally hundreds of dollars worth of skin care products and even a Clarisonic could not do. In only ONE night, the tiny, crusty bumps on my forehead that I have been trying to be rid of for the past 7 months literally vanished. I could not believe it! I've been using it for a week now and my skin looks better every single morning. It does sting a little when you apply it and it makes my skin itch, but I use a nice, calming cream on top and that takes care of that. I'm still waiting on it to fade my old acne spots, which I'm sure will take time, but I can tell you that I'll never be without this amazing natural remedy again!
UPDATE: I've found that lemon juice is too potent to use every day. It makes your skin more sensitive due to the high acidic level and more prone to a sunburn (even in cloudy weather). Lemon juice is fabulous for once or twice a week, but that's all my skin can handle.

22 out of 23 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2008 5:39:00 PM More reviews by kiaboo1980

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can honestly say that lemon juice works. It's a great skin brightener that also fades those spots and freckles. It really makes the skin even-toned and glow. I used it as a toner after washing my face and saw drastic results after ~30-45 days of using it twice a day. I used lemon juice concentrate. My sister noticed how 'glowy' and even toned my skin was and I have the worst skin problems (acne, hyperpigmentation) in the family. So receiving a compliment on my skin was just mind blowing.
I just moistend a cotton square, applied to my skin and left on over night. Did the same in the morning, but the juice seemed to interact with my sunscreen. Therefore, I don't recommend lemon juice for your morning beauty routine. Do mind how much you use because too much of a good thing can be bad. I was using twice a day and my skin became irritated. I've cut back, but will never give it up.
One more thing, for all of you with dark complexions, please give lemon juice a try. It will fade dark spots without making you look like Michael Jackson. It takes some time, but it WILL work.

35 out of 37 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2008 10:52:00 PM More reviews by blondchick12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is something I don't consistently use but probabaly should. It is no miracle lightener, but I think it works just as well as many somewhat expensive fade creams. Does sting on open zits, but not too bad on normal skin. I love that it is all natural and cheap!! I do think I have seen some improvement from using this. Worth a shot for sure!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2008 6:25:00 PM More reviews by PRiNCESSMAHiNA

I love this! Since my skin isn't that bad, normally, I only use this when I have a big breakout. I use it every morning and let it dry while I eat breakfast...it clears up my skin, but dries it out pretty bad, so I always have to follow with a super moisturizing moisturizer after.
This evened my skin tone really well and banished breakouts...at least until the next month, haha.
This is too drying for me to use everyday unless I have to, so I would only recommend it as an every day treatment for oily skin. For combo, it's just too much. Also, this stings, especially on open blemishes, but it really does help them heal faster(:

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2008 1:59:00 PM More reviews by sharmaa12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use fresh lemon juice 3x a week, at night, after I cleanse with olive oil (too harsh to use every night). It takes away the mild residue left behind by the oil and exfoliates at the same time. I try to leave it on for 10 minutes then wash off with a cotton pad. My brother, who doesn't notice much, complimented my skin tone the other day - I was shocked! My skin is much smoother now.