Bare Escentuals BareMinerals Foundation

3.4

on 8/15/2001 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I like the BE foundations but unfortunately the foundation makes me itch. I prefer 2.3 for an exact match to my NC30 light olive complexion. The coverage isnt too much or heavy. I have other mineral foundations that I prefer like Jane Iredale or Senna. I do love the mineral veil though. ITs not cakey or heavy at all. Overall, I would repurchase the mineral veil but not the foundation.

on 8/10/2001 4:32:00 PM

I love this product. I've thrown everything else away. Wouldn't believe the coverage from a powder.
Doesn't feel like you have anything on your face.
Try it you'll like it!

on 6/30/2001 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love this stuff. The coverage you get from this simple little powder is amazing. I have dry skin, but it doesn't seem to adversely affect it. Especially good for the hot summer months.

on 6/15/2001 8:23:00 PM

Love it, love it, love it. Combine these two products with bisque multi-task eyeshadow--used as concealer on blemishes, redness, freckles, and you have a flawless complexion. This is what's great about this line of products--you can use the minerals anywhere and for whatever purpose you'd like!

on 6/8/2001 9:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Great coverage, looks natural

on 6/6/2001 9:06:00 PM

These foundations are great if you want a weighltess feel and they provide sheer to medium coverage. Another thing about them is they have staying power even in humid weather.
The foundations will last quite a while (mine lasted about 6 mos.) and don't seem go bad. (YMMV)
Because they're made from crushed minerals they have a natural luminousity but if you don't like that you can dust a little bit of the Mineral Veil on top for a more matte look.
They're available in 5 shades:
fair, light, medium, dark & deep and appear to work on any skin tone and type.

Best features: weightless feel
staying power
customizable

$35 for 1 foundation and brush
$24 for 1 foundation
available through QVC

on 6/4/2001 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought this on QVC over two years ago and I still have over half of it left, the #3 loose powder. Because its completely made from minerals the shelf life is long. The coverage is good and it doesn't sit on your face like some kind of mask. Mine came wiht a brish which I also love! Covers well and last all day.

on 6/4/2001 3:50:00 PM

The #2 light is perfect for taking away my ruddiness and concealing blemishes. It has just the right amount of yellow in it for my pink undertones. The #3 medium works great especially now in the summer for when you are more tan. The Mineral Veil loose powder just buffs effortlessly into your skin on top of the foundation and eliminates shine all day with no creasing.