April 17, 2014 | 898 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2009 8:41:00 AM More reviews by EnglishAnne

My favorite lip balm ever! I lost a tube, and had to repurchase another immediately. It keeps my lips soft and moisturized - is great under lipstick or lipgloss. Love the smell and the consistency - not waxy like the original. My husband is now addicted to it. I have 3 tubes of it! One by my bed, and two in my purse (just in case!)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2009 7:10:00 PM More reviews by KatelynAnne

I like this lip balm, nice light red tint and very moisturizing, no taste and I can't even notice a smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2009 7:05:00 PM More reviews by Sunnie267

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I loooove burts bees products. This lip balm is so light but its also very thick and it stays on your lips for a while. But not in a greasy sticky way. Adds a nice slight red tint, not very noticeable, but makes your lips look natural and healthy.
Two thumbs up

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2009 4:36:00 PM More reviews by msCullen8685

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

overall, i think this balm is just...okay. i have tried both the original and honey versions, which i both prefer. i would not repurchase, but since i hate wasting stuff, i will use this until it is done (which will take a long time, and plus i like to use one kind of balm at a time...*sigh*) but anyways, to the review.
first of all, this does not smell/ taste like pomegranate. i smells EXACTLY like citronella candles, which are used to keep mosquitoes away. i don't like it at all. also, it has no taste, but i'm sure most people won't mind that. however, i found the honey and original versions to have both a better taste AND smell.
the texture is more greasy than the other balms, and it is just OKAY at moisturising. it is more greasy than anything else. this is definately just an every day kind of balm, and not something i would use if my lips were chapped.
it also has a reddish- pink hue. it is not visible, but the more you apply it the more it is. now, i'm the type of person who applies lip balm constantly, and so the colour ends up looking really...weird? on my lips. overall, this is really...average. below average actually. i am now kicking myself for not buying the mint one, which i LOVE. UGH!

-UPDATE!!!-
okay, so i am now bumping this up a lippie and and am saying i would buy it again. now, this is only if i don't find an HG, cuz i don't think this is it. however, this makes my lips verrrry soft. and the citronella scent is much more pomegranate - like now! however, i don't think this is my HG.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2009 1:26:00 PM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm a Burt's Bees devotee, so this is just another in a long line of products I like. This is defintely different than the original lip balm, and the honey one. It is a lighter consistency - more oily than waxy, if that makes sense. It almost applies like a non-sticky gloss. It also isn't a "barrier" type lip balm like the Lifeguard version. This one smells nice - kind of a spicy fruit aroma, and although the balm itself has a nice red hue, I don't notice any color on my lips after application. I keep one in my purse and one at my desk and apply several times throughout the day. This seems to keep my lips hydrated and protected, and I haven't had any problems with flaking or any of the other issues mentioned by other reviewers. When my lips feel dry, this does the trick to keep them soft and moisturized. That said, I am not sure it would repair severely chapped lips (the original Burt's lip balm is my "go to" for severely chapped winter lips), but for prevention or mildly chapped lips, this is great. I will definitely repurchase and already have 2 backup tubes in stock!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2009 11:43:00 PM More reviews by Abrial

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love pomegranate but, this smells nothing like it. The scent can be extremely overpowering, and its just too much.

I love the original burt's bees and I love the idea of this since it gives you the slightest rosy tint on your lips This version is just as moisturizing as the original, and leaves a nice feeling on the lips without feeling waxy.

I just cannot get over the smell, I would rather just get the original any day, so I'm giving this only a 3.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2009 3:21:00 PM More reviews by Lamaey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very similar to the popular Burt's Bee Beeswax that comes in a tin can.

This product design is great because it comes in a twistable tube and you can apply it directly onto your lips without washing/sanitizing your hands.

The waxy consistency product is very moisturizing, but not in a oily slick/glossy way. It is moderately light on the lips; and adds a hint of tint to your lips. A thumb up for this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2009 11:40:00 AM More reviews by shacey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OK- I really like this lip balm. It is a nice consistency - not to waxy, and not to oily. I think it does a good job moisturizing and adds a nice sheen and hint of color to my lips. Its the first lip balm that I have repurchased and seem to really stick with. I havent had any of the dryness issues some of the other reviewers have mentioned!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2009 12:16:00 PM More reviews by Muriel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Definitely one of the best! Moisturizing, very slight healthy tint of color, and a pleasant mild scent - use this balm and your lips will be looking healthy & luscious in no time!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2009 6:03:00 PM More reviews by spiderleenie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff is OK. It smells good, and it gives a subtle tint to my lips, which is nice. I didn't notice any moisturizing though. I also thought the product was a bit messy if I pressed it too hard on my lips. I think the product is too soft, so whenever I would apply it on my lips, the balm would get a little mashed and then it would be a mess to put the cap back on.

I won't be buying this again. I prefer the Beeswax and the Honey balms a lot more.