December 22, 2014 | 1494 users online

Dry Shampoo - Batiste - Dry Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2011 11:09:00 AM More reviews by GriffithsGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am a new convert to this amazing stuff. I have always been a wash-my-hair-everyday girl and when I wake up in the morning before my shower I have greasy bits around my face and close to the roots. However, I have always noticed that my hair does do that great bed hair thing the day after a wash- if only I could get rid of the grease.... ah but now I can!!!

So today was the first day I didn't wash my hair and instead used Batiste on all the greasy bits. I just sprayed it wherever there was grease and ruffled it through or brushed it out. Not only did I gain more volume but my hair is EXACTLY how I've always wanted it to be- bouncy, wavy bed hair that I've been messing about with waving tongs and curlers trying to perfect for years.

I can't stop looking at my hair in the mirror today, I am buzzed with how great it looks. No more daily washes for me, it'll be once every other day at most.

I had used Batiste a little before today's great revelation- I'd spritzed it on the odd greasy patch if I was going out for the evening or whatever, and it had always worked a treat. But the not washing my hair thing was inspired by reading on intothegloss.com that less washing can get the bed hair effect, and they weren't wrong.

Batiste is only 2 a can and it lasts a really long time. Will repurchase forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2011 2:16:00 AM More reviews by StarLuXe

Well, since I bleach my hair white I definitely cannot wash my hair every day! The lady at Sally's recommended this. I got the regular smelling one at first and although it worked great the smell was a little gross so I switched to the blush - which smells really nice. I have used high-end dry shampoos as well as cheap-o ones and NONE of them compare to Batiste. Some people are put-off because it turns your hair a white-ish color, but don't freak out, just tousle your hair and it blends in. I usually wash my hair once a week and this stuff makes my hair look fresh the entire week and gives it body. It is def a staple in my beauty routine. Buy it, you won't regret it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2011 8:28:00 PM More reviews by beaner2001

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff. My beautician recommended I use a dry shampoo because my hair is so greasy. Works like a charm. I use it once to twice a week and it has lasted me a couple months so far and I still have more left in the can to use. I recommend this stuff to everyone who washes their hair every day.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2011 2:35:00 PM More reviews by mpharper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Awesome stuff! Makes my hair look good as new and doesn't make it feel gross! I used it today because my hair looked like an oil slick and now it doesn't look greasy at all, and best of all it doesn't have that nasty gritty feeling to it. I can actually touch my hair and it doesn't make my skin crawl. Great to use in between washes and to perk up limp hair. I have even used it to counteract accidentally applying too much product. This definitely goes on my list of must-haves. love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2011 6:25:00 AM More reviews by AlexiaEsque

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have re-bought this product time and time again to make sure I always have a spare can close by. It does exactly what it claims to do arugably similarly to sprinkling talcum powder but a little more efficiently.
It is simply a case of spray-brush-go, you can spray any which way but focus much more on the brushing aspect, if you do not brush out the powder enough then you may be left looking slightly grey haired around the crown of your head.
Resist the tempation to hold the can close to your head, because it makes unsightly white patches that are more difficult to brush out, hold the aerosal at a distance and it'll work much more effectively.
Other uses I've discovered is if sprayed and brushed out of the roots it provides an instant boost of volume. Also, if your hair is freshly washed but you want to do a fancy up-do but your hair is too clean to cooperate, spray a light layer for immediate texture.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/30/2011 8:24:00 PM More reviews by grungerules

This left my hair even greasier than before although I'm not sure if it's because I sprayed it really close to my scalps or that the formula just doesn't work for my hair, I have black coarse hair

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2011 1:22:00 PM More reviews by lailaz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my first time ever writing a review for a product.. But I stopped by just because this shampoo has been such a blessing in disguise!!! I have very thick Indian hair (colored) and I hated washing/straightening them every other day....

This is the only brand of dry shampoo I have ever used (original) and I absolutely love it!!! It doesn't leave a grey cast or any sort of powdery effect at all.... Gives the hair a nice volume too.... If you run your fingers through your hair you might feel the powdery texture on your hair (but its very little!!)... I WAS VERY SKEPTIC BEFORE BUYING THIS BUT nothing will stop me from buying this again.... DEFINITELY GIVE IT A TRY ...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2011 11:35:00 AM More reviews by joiseygirl27

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This didn't work for me. To date I have not found a dry shampoo that allows me to skip a shampoo. I wash my hair every single day because if I don't, even after using dry shampoo my hair looks way too greasy & nasty for me to not be ashamed to leave the house.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2011 11:31:00 AM More reviews by amvill77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this product. I've been using it for about 3 weeks now and I could not be happier! I got the pink bottle (blush I think) and it smells wonderful. I have color treated hair so I do not like to wash everyday..so this is perfect for in between washes. Makes the hair look fresh, clean, and smell good. Definitely try this out if you are looking for a dry shampoo. I will continue to repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2011 11:28:00 AM More reviews by hebenn01

This is the 3rd dry shampoo I've tried and it is by far my favorite!! Tresemme's didn't really do much for my oiliness, rockstar was good but it despensed too much and I went through a can way too fast. This is perfect. Smells nice, looks like I just shampooed! (It is Tuesday and I haven't showered since Saturday...gross sure? but this does the trick when I've been lazy.)
Will help you extend the life of your color.