beautyblender the sponge

4.4

on 4/15/2013 8:40:00 PM

Ok, I would have never tried this for the price I saw it at Sephora, but they put one in my Birchbox so I gave it a try. It is by FAR the best liquid foundation applicator ever!

on 4/15/2013 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

In all honesty, this is probably the best sponge I have every used. My mom and I have bought all of the makeup sponges Sephora had to offer. The Beauty Blender however is more friendlier to the face due to its soft material. Although it is more on the expensive side, I would buy it again. The reason people complain about the sponge absorbing too much product is because they squeeze out too much water which leaves room for foundation to be absorbed in. Also, this sponge DOES NOT work well with sheer or oil based products. Think about it, you're using water to damp it and then oil products, it doesn't go hand in hand. Also, maintaining the sponge properly will make sure you do not break out on your face due to bacterial build up. Clean it after every use, and you will receive great results from this sponger. Completely recommend it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Obsessed!!!!!!! Love love love it! I use this for liquids and powders! Nothing compares . I love to saturate it with grape water from caudalie to apply foundations!

on 4/12/2013 12:14:00 AM

I was finally convince from all the hype all over the internet/youtube and purchase this. Yes it sure is great and all in all amazing! Yet........ It soaks up like no other.... And the price is ridiculously high. I would recommended the sephora "the perfectionist" blending sponge for $12... SAME feeling. SAME COVERAGE AND SAME FINISH!!!!! Also for a lowered price. The london soho would come close. But i wish i could literally return it. Waste of my time and money.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

the sponge is great at applying a flawless foundation look, but it made me break out something fierce ALL over my face when I'm only acne prone around my nose and chin. It's a breeding ground for bacteria if you don't clean it and immediately dry it EVERYDAY after EVERY application. I stopped using it and immediately my face cleared up. I've read that mold and bacteria grows on it while it's wet and here I am, pushing it into my face. Big mistake! I'm disappointed I wasted my money, but because it DOES apply a flawless makeup application, I will save it for Halloween when it's a one time use.

on 4/10/2013 4:19:00 PM

update: 30-JUN-2015
yes I did repurchase, cannot do without it.

two years ago:
too expensive but works fantastic. not sure if i will repurchase. it's just a sponge to cost so much.

on 4/8/2013 11:39:00 PM

It works great but if it breaks i probably won't repurchase.

on 4/8/2013 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

I have combination to oily skin. It gets super oily in the hot Texas summer months of 100 degrees and way above. I use EL Double Wear or Revlon Colorstay, as they are the only foundation that will stay on my face with sweat and oil. For me, the beauty blender ruins the stayproof application of these foundations. These work better for me with clean finger application..

The blender is fab for lighter or less coverage foundations. I have bought, and would re-buy it. I just don't like it for MY foundations. It gives an airbrushed look to makeup, and blends seamlessly if applied properly.

Price is ridiculous for a makeup sponge.

on 4/8/2013 10:28:00 PM

So many make up artists raved about the Beauty Blender that I decided to try it. So, I paid what I consider to be an outrageous amount of money for a sponge, ordering it from Sephora. At first I did not like it at all and it sat in my cabinet after the first time I tried to use it. Then, I decided to give it another try and voila! I actually realized what the fuss was all about. It definitely makes my foundation go on with a nice air brushed look. It also ultimately helps my make up from looking too powdery once I am done. I would recommend it but think it is an acquired taste and one has to work with it to appreciate it. Good luck!

on 4/8/2013 1:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Hands down the best tool ever. Applies much faster and smoother than brushes. Gives a semi-dewy finish that's pretty much like a airbrush finish.

Video Reviews & Tutorials