April 17, 2014 | 1717 users online

Masks - Aztec Secret - Indian Healing Clay

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2007 8:50:00 AM More reviews by cuppajean

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this mask. It makes my skin glow and removes all impurities. I play around with it by adding different ingredients. This is what I like best so far:

3:1 Apple Cider Vinegar to Water
A DROP of Tea Tree Oil
A few drops of Lavendar Oil

I use this once or twice a week - if you have sensitive skin be careful to leave it on for 10-15 mins only at first:)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2007 6:01:00 PM More reviews by ticabastos

I first discovered how much my skin loves clay masks when I sampled the mud mask by pur minerals. I would have repurchased it, but at $25 for a small tube, it just didn't seem worth my money--I'm convinced that with many cosmetics, we end up paying for the name more so than the product. Thanks to all of you, I found this product as I searched for an alternative. The clay used in the pur minerals mudd mask product is the same kind of clay found in aztec secret. I love how soft it leaves my skin. I mix it with ACV and have not found this to be the least bit harsh on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2007 7:22:00 PM More reviews by deedrr

This is the only mask i have used that really does pull junk out of your pores. It really tightens your skin (to the point where it is almost uncomfortable) and it gives your skin a nice glow for the next day or two after you use it, Plus it really seems to clear up your skin. Another great thing about this is that you can add whatever you want to it and make your own custom mask. I use 1/2 water 1/2 acv. on a side note, this does make your skin pretty red for a couple of hours but that does go away the glow you get afterwards is worth it

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2007 3:00:00 AM More reviews by Svetlana7311

Mint julep mask works WAY better than this one. BUT I do like it when mixed with kaolin clay, sulfur, alum (sulfur takes care of blackheads, alum shrinks pores, kaolin makes it not as harsh and drying as it is). And don't get too excited about pulsating, it doesn't pull out anything from your pores if they are really clogged, nothing will (think about extractions or salicylic peels), you feel pulsating just because it dries! You will have the same sensation if you apply any mud on your face, when it dries your face starts pulsating. It does dissolve small blackheads but if I use it mixed with sulfur.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/15/2007 6:20:00 PM More reviews by r2136178

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Despite the rave reviews, I really disliked this mask. First of all, the smell is unpleasant because your supposed to mix apple cider vinegar with the clay. I don't find the smell of vinegar to be nice, least of all on my face where I can really smell it. Secondly, the mask dries up so much that it is actually painful for me. Your skin pulsates because the mask dries to the point that it feels like concrete and your skin is being pulled to extremes. Thirdly, once I washed it off, I saw no noticeable change in the appearance or texture of my skin. If I'm going to to through the trouble of mixing it up by scratch, putting up with the bad smell, and enduring pain, I should see some sort of improvement to make it worth my time. For a good clay mask, I like Got2Be's Pure Intent. You can see the oil being sucked up and the smell is pleasant. No pain, either.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2007 11:33:00 PM More reviews by msilvia3

Well this is the first mask I have used in a long time. My skin was recovering from a fraxel treatment that left me very irritated. Anyway, I love this mask. I have used it five times, just mixing it with water. I feel the pulsating, the tightening and the “cleaning” feeling. I am scared to mix it with anything else because my skin is so sensitive. For so long my skin has been unpredictable with excessive oiliness and breakouts. I finally am balancing my hormones and thing are looking really good. YEAH. This works great though. I think it has really made a difference. I try to be positive. I might try a drop of tea tree oil next time. Will definitely buy again

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2007 6:19:00 PM More reviews by pitterpatterson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I agree with Jade777 about mixing it with honey, ACV and a little water--every time I have tried mixing it with water it turns into a glop of unmanageable half-mixed gunk.

However, with that concoction, (and sometimes a little rosewater instead of plain water, or essential oils if I am feeling fancy) I like this mask a lot.

You can control how thick or astringint it is depending on what you add, which is great, so all in all I like it a lot. It also seems to pull skin crud to the surface, which is the point of a mask, is it not?

And, all natural! Always a bonus!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2007 12:46:00 AM More reviews by Aurorales

Great mask. It reminds me of a mask I used in the 80's. It was called Mudd Mask. This product is practically the same except it is in powder form and you add whatever liquid you want to turn it into a paste.
Since it is in a powder form, the shelf life is wonderful.
Anyway, I mix it 1:1 with apple cider vinegar. I have heard it is also great with milk.
It really does tighten really well and basically sucks everything out of your skin. (At least it feels like it does) It isn't painful just a little intense as it dries. I leave it on for 20-30 minutes.
After rinsing (with a lot of warm water and a washcloth), my skin is a little flushed and wonderfully soft. The redness goes away within 30 minutes for me, but the glow it gives my skin lasts for days.
This is an inexpensive wonderful product. After using it I feel like I just had a really good professional facial.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2007 2:39:00 AM More reviews by jade777

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A good cleansing mask, I mix a teaspoon with a little Apple cider vinegar which helps it fizz and makes it easy to mix without getting lumpy, some water and a bit of raw honey. Somedays my skin turns red after using this, but that's just temporary. I've noticed the blackheads on my nose disappearing after just a few uses

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2007 5:07:00 PM More reviews by bumblebeezer

I picked this up on a whim while browsing at my drugstore and I'm so glad I did! This is an incredibly effective mask that you can mix in whatever you want to customize. First time I just tried water, and it didn't work as well, it doesnt mix and stays kinda lumpy. Second time I used some diluted ACV and you get a great texture. It's almost scary how tight this mask gets! Definitely not one of those masks you feel like you can leave on for hours and chat on the phone with. I was a QHMJM fan until I bought this one, I find that my pores are much smaller and it's great for those huge zits that you want to shrink/come to a head. I can't wait to experiment a little more and see what are some good add-ins. O yes, and very inexpensive =)