October 23, 2014 | 2007 users online

Polishes - China Glaze - Ruby Pumps

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2005 10:36:00 PM More reviews by Mel_C_home

Beautiful ruby with glitter! This isn't as "wow" as I thought it would be since its such a nail board fav, but it is gorgeous and I won't part with it :)I can't wait to use this over the Christmas Holiday and Valentine's Day - perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2005 10:22:00 AM More reviews by timbuktu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A blazing ruby red with glitter that will knock your socks off. I put this on over OPI Romeo and Joliet the other day and it looked absolutely amazing -- my fingertips were sparkling just like Dorothy's fabled ruby slippers!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2005 7:01:00 PM More reviews by gigglemommy

oh yes i will buy this product again...and again...and again...lol! i can't really add anything to the previous posts, other than that this color is GORGEOUS over other red polishes! i love it over cg's visions of grandeur! one coat of that and one coat of this and you have a gorgeous deep red base with drop dead red sparkle. freaking awesome!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2005 6:55:00 AM More reviews by beauty_junkie_04

WOW!! I usually don't like glitter nail polish, but I caved and bought this because of the many raves on the Nail Board. I'm not disappointed at all for buying this! This has got to be the prettiest red polish I've ever seen!

Upon applying the first coat, I must say I wasn't impressed. It came out this sheer magenta with red glitter in it, and my first thought was, "Blech!". But I continued and applied a second coat, and that's when the RED pops out at you. No streaks, no see-through...just opaque ruby red glitter that sparkles like mad!

I'm tempted to think that three coats is really what's needed in order to achieve the true red of this nail polish, only because it's 90% glitter and 10% sheer red glaze...and the color needs to be built up in several coats. But it's soooo worth it! This polish really is beautiful! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2005 1:06:00 PM More reviews by dramaqueenie2

This is the most sparkling red glitter polish ever. I like the size and consistency of the glitter in it. The red is a deep, blue based red glaze just packed with ruby red glitter. One coat of this could be layered over another color. Or 2-3 coats and you have sequins on your fingers. Great for holiday parties, but overall too flashy for my tips. It's a fantastic choice for toes any time you want them to *twinkle*

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2005 10:49:00 PM More reviews by Geekgurl1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Fabulous! Bright sparkling red that lasts forever. Looks just like Dorothy's slippers. I will buy this forever, I love it :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2005 4:16:00 PM More reviews by Serendipity75

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Overall I really like this polish. The color is too die for and I LOVE the glitter flecks in it. It really does look like Dorothy's Ruby Slippers in the Wizard Of Oz. However, I gave it a 4 instead of a 5 because I have peoblems with CG polish. No matter what I do it chips horribly my nails. I am primarily an OPI user and I have never had this problem with OPI. But I really wish that I didn't hae that problem with it because it is a gorgeous color!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2005 8:29:00 PM More reviews by emalc

Fabulous color! Ruby Pumps is just that - a ruby red - not too dark, not too bright, slightly blue-based...and VERY GLITTERY! Think about the shoes from the Wizard of Oz and you'll get the idea. This will make an especially great Christmas through Valentine's kind of color!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2005 9:04:00 PM More reviews by chocmartini00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yes! This nail polish color is definately SEXAY! I LOVE wearing it on my toes especially... it's a gorgeous true ruby red that is saturated in red sparkles. I like staring at the color when I'm done applying and this makes me feel seductive wearing it! This is a red nail polish everyone should add to their collection.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2005 7:42:00 PM More reviews by supko

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I agree with Leysa's review below -- this color is indeed H-O-T. This is a red sparkle shade with dense red microglitter (similar to Revlon Firecracker, but with finer glitter). Ruby Pumps is amazing layered over burgundy polishes like China Glaze Vampy. I applied this to my toes and I cannot. stop. staring. -- the color is just so glamourous and gorgeous.