China Glaze Ruby Pumps

4.7

Totally agree with the "ruby slippers" comparison - I felt very sexy and shimmery with this on! I've only used it so far as a topcoat (most recently with Opi I'm Not Really a Waitress - thanks to everyone who gave me that idea!) and I got tons of compliments. Lots of fun, easy to put on and not that hard to take off. I'd definitely get this again.

Like other reviewers have said, it really does look just like the ruby slippers from The Wizard of Oz! This is the nicest glitter polish I've ever used - it goes on really smoothly, the glitter is evenly distributed, and it lasted about 4 days on my toes before chipping (no top coat used). I've touched up the minor chips and it still looks as shiny as ever!

Pics:Nails

By the way, here is a round-up of the Ruby Slipper nail polishes I've tried:China Glaze - Ruby PumpsThe ultimate in red glitter. Gorgeous ruby red with red glitter aplenty. Perfect ChG application, as always.Color Club - Ruby SlipperThis is more red glitter with red nail polish added to it, rather than the other way around. A metric assload of glitter.Avon - Nailwear - Ruby SlipperBeautiful neutral red with loads of fine red and silver microglitter, making it a tip colour for the less daring.Maybelline - Wet Shine Diamonds - Cherry CaratsA pinker red with pretty red glitter. Not quite as blingy as ChG's, but perfect if you were wanting a pinker red.Sally Hansen - Magical Nail Makeup - Ruby SlipperDo not be fooled. This is peeeeeeenk. But with holographic glitter, so it's all good.Essie - Ruby SlippersProbably the worst of the lot, even though SH's isn't even red. This is like a failed batch of ChG Ruby Pumps, before they discovered the fab formula #409 that became ChG Ruby Pumps. Essie's glitter is haphazard and doesn't spread out evenly. I love Essie, but this was a bummer. continued >>

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This polish is just way cool. Makes your nails look like Dorothy's slippers from "The Wizard of Oz." Not a color I am wearing a lot on my hands (I did at Christmas time), but as a pedicure color, this will really put some zing in your step! I use one coat of Ruby Pumps on top of another similar red (such as OPI I'm Not Really a Waitress), and it's dazzling. I like that the glitter is small and doesn't make the surface of the nail all bumpy-looking, and I have had no trouble with the wear--lasts quite a while. So fun!!

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This really is a gorgeous color...no question, hands down, it's THE best glittery red. BUT it chipped after only 2 days as a pedi. I figured it must be something I did, so I did a do-over and it chipped again in less than 2 days and it flaked off. I used the same base and top coat that I do when using OPI, Chanel, Revlon etc. which all last a month without chipping. Really it deserves 2 stars, but I gave 3 due to the color. I realize I'm in the minority, but I haven't had much luck with China Glaze. Application requires 3 coats and it is not a smooth application process for me. I am almost relieved as I can cross this brand off my addiction list!

The name couldn't be more apt. It looks *exactly* like Dorothy's slippers. In fact, when I wore this on my tips for Christmas, people kept commenting that my nails looked like...Ruby Slippers. I have never received so many compliments as I have with this polish. The red glitter is fine so the whole nail just sparkles brilliantly. I can't say enough good things about this polish. The only problem I had with this polish is that it chipped easily on my nails, even with several layers of topcoat. I still gave it a 5 however, due to how gorgeous the color is.

This is a wonderful glittery red shade that I prefer to wear on my toes. The only reason I took off a lippie is because it is somewhat difficult to remove this n/p because of the glitter. I like layering this over other red n/p because it is somewhat sheer on it's own. Definitely a fun shade!

This is a definite for red lovers! It's a ruby red and loaded with tons of sparkly red glitter. The glitter is smooth on it, and not rough like some glitter polishes. I had to use 3 coats to achieve the shade in the bottle though, and that's the only reason I'm giving this a 4 instead of 5. It was a little bit streaky, and applied extremely sheer. But after the 3rd coat it was gorgeous! Definately looks like Dorothy's shoes. I don't think it's too much for tips like some previous reviewers have noted. :)

I'm a red polish freak, so I knew I had to try this one when I saw all the raves for it. This is not your everyday red with a bit of shimmer in it. It is one GLITTERY nail polish, it really is as sparkly as Dorothy's red slippers, so the name is totally appropriate! It appears to be a very sheer polish with lots of glitter in it (reminiscent of OPI's glitter topcoats from the holiday collection a few years back), and I needed 3 full coats to really make the color pop. One coat was streaky and see-through, and two wasn't quite the rich red in the bottle. Three had lots of color and dimension. Personally, I think it's too over the top for fingers, but it's a dazzler on the toes as long as you are not going for subtlety. It's a fun, gorgeous color, and a must for any red-polish-lovers collection, just not as versatile as other red polishes out there.

Beautiful ruby with glitter! This isn't as "wow" as I thought it would be since its such a nail board fav, but it is gorgeous and I won't part with it :)I can't wait to use this over the Christmas Holiday and Valentine's Day - perfect!

A blazing ruby red with glitter that will knock your socks off. I put this on over OPI Romeo and Joliet the other day and it looked absolutely amazing -- my fingertips were sparkling just like Dorothy's fabled ruby slippers!

Top Rated China Glaze Products