November 23, 2014 | 1197 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Clinique - Take The Day Off Eye Makeup Remover

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2008 2:49:00 PM More reviews by MakeupMomma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I usually use Clinique's Rinse-Off Eye Makeup Solvent because they frequently put it in their GWP packages. Thanks to Clinique, I haven't had to buy makeup remover for more than 8 years! Just recently, I received a small bottle of the Take the Day Off in a GWP and I really like it! It has an "oiler" feeling to it (it contains silicone oils) so it feels much more moisturizing. My skin abruptly became dry and flaky when the weather changed and this makeup remover feels very soothing on my skin.

This is really a multi-purpose makeup remover. It removes foundation, lipstick, eye shadow and mascara very easily. Just a little dab on a cotton ball removes even long-wearing makeup. Thanks to Clinique's GWP offers, I'm pretty much set with eye makeup removers. However, if I ever run out I will definitely be purchasing this one!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2008 4:42:00 PM More reviews by utopiancity

I was really excited to see a makeup remover get so many positive comments (I've tried a lot, but the only thing that truly impressed me was the Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil). I went out and bought it right after I read the reviews. It turned out pretty well! The balm melts into you fingers like butter and it does take most makeup off, but with waterproof mascara and gel liners (like bobbi brown ones), it takes an extra few rounds to get it all off. Either that, or you gotta let it sit for a bit before you rinse it off (hence, the 1 lippie deduction). Otherwise, it's an impressive product and it does rinse off nicely so kudos to Clinique!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2008 9:57:00 AM More reviews by jhadiq

Let me preface this by saying that my eyelids seem to be on the sensitive side, and I generally can't take eye makeup removers, which explains the bulk of my low rating of this product. Like so many others, I received this as part of a GWP. My usual eye makeup remover is a combination of plain water and olive oil, since my eyelids generally get irritated with any kind of commercial remover. Unfortuntely, this makeup remover is no different - it ends up drying out and irritating my eyelids. Additionally, it is one of those half oil, half solvent removers, so it is a bit oily, and thus no better than my olive oil and water combo in terms of oiliness. OTOH, it does a great job of doing what it is supposed to do- remoe eye makeup quickly and efficiently. BUT, my olive oil and water combo is just as good as this product, and just a fraction of the price and no irritation. I am also not a fan of the childproof packaging. I don't think I will ever find a better product than just plain ole olive oil to remove my eye makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2008 6:30:00 PM More reviews by tkh777

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This works well and is a fine makeup remover. It is often in the GWP satchels Clinique loves to give out so I rarely have to buy remover. (Lancome also has their remover as a GWP on a fairly regular basis).
I have no complaints. It is a decent remover and works just as well as the lancome version.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2008 3:47:00 PM More reviews by cjx3pooh

I originally got a 1.7 oz sample from Club Clinique, this makeup remover removes makeup very well, the only bummer for me is that $16.50 is a lot to spend on a makeup remover I seldomly use, since I don't wear eyeshadow that often and I use washable mascaras. Other than that, this is an excellent eye makeup remover (and probably lips, but I haven't wasted this on lipsticks and lip glosses). The cap is also spill proof, and child proof, like the medicine bottle caps.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2008 11:19:00 AM More reviews by chengkx

This review is for Take The Day Off Makeup Remover for Lids, Lashes & Lips, which is packaged in a translucent purple bottle with silver safety-cap lid.

A superlative eye makeup remover that effortlessly cuts through mascara in just a few strokes with some facial cotton. Does not irritate the eyes nor does it leave a greasy finish. Leaves lashes soft and clean.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2008 1:15:00 AM More reviews by blue92743

This product removed my water proof mascarra easily and left my lashes smother then normals!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2008 12:42:00 AM More reviews by dechn

Love this product. Best eye makeup remover of all the products that I have tried! Gentle but really does its work! Probbly the only product from Clinique that I will always buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2008 8:37:00 PM More reviews by marcellewood

I love this eye makeup remover! Its a two phase (meaning an oil in water suspension) and you have to shake up the bottle before using it but it quickly removes even tough waterproof products from eyes and lips and doesnt leave a greasy residue like the similar but cheaper Neutrogena product. It lasts a really long time even though I use it almost daily. It is fragrance free and doesnt irritate my eyes at all. I keep buying this and hope they don't change the formula ever!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2008 2:02:00 PM More reviews by chanel277

Nice product.Removes effectively eye make up without hurting the delicate eye area.Didn't have any kind of problems with this product,works very good but I wouldn't buy this product again because I like more the make up removers that remove your entire make up from all over your face and not only from the eyes.Other than that it's a great product, actually I m very impressed mostly because removes mascara(I wear at least 4 coats daily)extremely easy!!!