January 31, 2015 | 938 users online

Blush - MAC - Dollymix

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2005 6:08:00 AM More reviews by damnyoureprettygorgeous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Seeing this blush for the first time is quite intimidating because of the shimmers and its hot pink shade on the pan. But trying it on made me fall inlove with it in an instant and I ended up buying it (Was supposed to wait for NARS Angelika so I looked for an alternative) Since this is a sheer blush for more colour you just have to tap the blush on your cheeks. Easy to blend too compare with NARS. If you want a shimmery pink blush, for me this is the best. Way better than NARS Angelika since the shimmer blends with the skin perfectly, looks nice even on pictures! My HG blush as of the moment! =)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2005 7:23:00 AM More reviews by st3lla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

great great great blush! sheer pinky sheen on your cheeks..it's so lovely and long wearing too, i have very oily skin and this one stays on more than Orgasm.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2005 6:51:00 PM More reviews by sarahbella1012

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was very skeptical of trying this blush, due to its bright fuscia appearance in the pan. I was very pleasantly surprised at the application, however. It is a soft pink on my NW20 skin (medium brown hair, hazel-green eyes). It lends a healthy glow and does not contain shimmer. It looks beautiful over Prescriptoives "Magic". Great for perking up pale complexions. Can easily wear day or nighttime. This is BY FAR the best Sheertone blush I've tried from MAC. It's just not as versatile as I wish it was. I would repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2005 1:03:00 AM More reviews by GimpyPoop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Do not be alarmed at Dollymix’s bright appearance in the pan. This bright cool pink is a Shimmer Sheertone, so it applies far less loudly than you would think though I would still consider this a “bright” blush. As for the other reviewers’ complaint that this isn’t as sufficiently shimmery, well that much is true. It ends up being more of a sheeny pinkness upon the cheeks. Still very pretty, but I guess if true shimmer is what you’re after, pass on this blush. To me the blush itself is a little gritty when applied, but it does smooth out pretty decently. For some reason the color is reminds me of the airbrushed flushes on blinky dolls. I don’t think I would re-purchase this blush because I don’t use it all that often and I rather prefer warmer blushes.
EDIT: Swapped this away. I'm just too warm for it! continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2005 8:50:00 AM More reviews by Katybensted

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

A really pretty shimmery fuscia. That description sounds quite scary, but this is a Sheertone blush, and just gives a hint of colour, as long as it`s swept lightly on. If I`m going to niggle then the pink is a shade too blue for my pale, yellow undertoned skintone (no fault of the product) and sometimes does not blend properly and goes a bit patchy. Also, it seems to increase in strength - I put on a light dusting, looks perfect, then will check 5 mins later in same light and it looks slightly too strong. Anyone else found that?
This isn`t going to stop me wearing it though!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2005 5:51:00 PM More reviews by Halston

Blush is my signature, so when I saw this I scooped it up right away!! Definitely more sheer than it looks at first, very buildable and the best product I've found for that, "I just went for a little jog and now I'm gorgeously flushed!!" ;) I'm very dark haired, green eyed and have medium/fair skin with freckles...dollymix is phenomonal!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2005 9:58:00 PM More reviews by maekay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I can't believe I forgot to write a review for this product! This is SO my staple blush! The texture is as perfect for a powder blush as you can possibly get---so finely, finely milled it actually looks like you're wearing a cream blush. It is the most fabulous sheer, buildable veil of color. And I love this shade. I learned a long time ago that the stronger the pigment of the blush the longer it will last you because the less of it you actually have to use. I have no idea when I'll run out of this first pan of it, I bought it back in...um....I think January(?) and I have yet to hit the bottom. It is highly blendable and the color itself gives me the perfect flush (and I'm pretty darn pale, so pale girls don't be scared by this color) and I love that it has THE MOST SUBTLE shimmer I've ever seen, it actually has a far more dewy effect than a shimmer. A+++, MAC! Please God, I hope they never discontinue this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2005 7:26:00 PM More reviews by FlipFlop47

Dollymix is a great alternative to Pink Swoon when you want a slight change. It's about a shade darker and deeper plus a bit of shimmer. It is by no means frosty or sparkly. Like all MAC blushes, it last and blends easily. I'm an NC15/NW15.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2005 11:35:00 PM More reviews by chimera59

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great blush, looks fuschia in the pan with a tiny bit of shimmer. This blush is wonderful for pale girls, but sometimes doesn't seem like it blends that well on me-but I think I need a better quality brush, so perhaps that's why. Other than that, looks like a believable flush on the skin-not as bright and very realistic. Definitely adds a major pop of color to a pale complexion. I would most likely buy again if I ever ran out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2005 5:02:00 PM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I was looking for a cool-toned deep pink[to wear with deep pink/fuchsia lipcolors], and Dollymix is perfect!
It does look hot pink in the compact, but when applied it is a very wearable and flattering deep-to-miedium pink.
It does have some slight shimmer, which I generally dislike in a blush, but it's a very subtle shimmer, not at all garish or distracting.
The texture is impressively silky, and though it IS sheer, one only need sweep on another layer to build up intensity.
I have very pale pink-toned ivory skin, and I have no trouble avoiding a clownish look with this blush, even though it is a little deeper than what I usually wear.
I'll definitely buy this again, and I highly recommend it to lovers of pink.

UPDATE: I've been using this for over a year now, and I find myself reaching for it again and again, especially during the spring/summer months. It's the perfect not-shy-but-not-over-the-top pink blush. It has a very slight touch of warmth that makes it versatile but wearable, even by this cool-toned woman. "Dollymix" is a staple for me!
NOTE: Since I first wrote this review, I've accumulated 9 MAC blushes, but Dollymix still gets quite a bit of use, especially in the summer. I've found that "Deep Pink" also works wonderfully with bright pink/fuchsia lipcolors, but on occasions when "Deep Pink" just seems like too much, or is too cool, I still reach for "Dollymix." It's become my summer "berry pink" blush, and I love it! I don't think I could do without it.

continued >>