October 31, 2014 | 1508 users online

Liquid - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2008 8:18:00 PM More reviews by HotCurry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been on a foundation binge lately. Every foundation either 1) breaks me out, or 2) doesn't control oil well enough 3) doesn't last long enough or 4) look natural. This foundation satisfies all 4 of my criteria! This gives AMAZING coverage, and is very matte, but looks so bright and natural! I apply by stippling onto skin with a cosmetic wedge, and I get medium-full coverage. BUT I strongly recommend applying this (as well as any foundation) over a moisturizer. Even with oily skin, a moisturizer will create a smoother surface for foundation to set upon, and provide easier blending. The thing I love the most, is that this stuff keeps my very oily skin matte longer than the 100's of other foundations I've tried! It doesn't oxidize, or sink into pores, it is transfer-proof, lasts ALL day, even through summer heat/sweat, and best of all, my skin is starting to clear up! I use this in "Buff" and it's a good match, for my fair neutral/golden skin. This foundation is great, but don't get the Clear Complexion powder, it's just horrible (ie. dark, orange, cakey)! I set it with Almay's TLC powder, and it lasts all day! This along with Almay's TLC foundation are the only 2 I'll wear!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2008 3:16:00 PM More reviews by fanofally

I have used this product for several months now. Like other people have said, I don't think it's taking away my pimples, but it's certainly not causing me to breakout either, unlike other foundations I have tried. I love the matte finish and the makeup stays on all day. I have also noticed that my cheeks get pretty dried out from using it, but I am using the micro clothes when I wash my face and that's taking all the dry skin off so I don't have the flakes on my skin. I also do not like the cap. A lot of makeup gets caught in the cap and you either have to stick your finger in there to get it out which is messy or you take a tissue and wipe out the makeup which is wasteful. All in all, I still like the product well enough to keep using it because I like the coverage and the fact it doesn't break my skin out.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2008 1:26:00 AM More reviews by chicgirliegirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a SUPERB foundation for oily/very oily/acne-prone skin. I am seriously acne prone and have never had a breakout using this foundation. I am IMPRESSED that I can use it without powder and it holds up beautifully (my preference is still to set with powder, however). Really, this is a VERY IMPRESSIVE product and I would recommend it to anyone. I would suggest a change in packaging, though. I think a pump would cause less waste of bottle contents. I always have a lot of "build-up" around the neck of the bottle and end up wiping it away with a tissue, which is unnecessary waste. Nevertheless, this is an AMAZING product. Don't let the bottle packaging stop you from trying this!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/16/2008 1:02:00 PM More reviews by jaymally07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It had good coverage. It felt nice. It healed my blemishes on my t-zone. BUT it made my cheeks very dry and peely. And whenever I took off this foundation and washed my face, I looked ghastly scary. It seemed as if this foundation took off the color I have left on my skin. My skin is usually naturally pretty with no foundation on but this just made me "need" the foundation more to cover up that white-scary look. It's kind of like a drug for my face. Definitely not buying it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/16/2008 5:49:00 AM More reviews by KarissaKai

I used this makeup for a long time because it had good coverage & didn't make me breakout. Only downfall is it makes my oily skin even more oily so I'm trying to find something new that controls oil. Too bad..

Edit: Taking 2 lippies off...Not sure if my skin has been getting worse because of this makeup or maybe my moisturizer..but it has been getting particularly worse in areas that I use this makeup which is only my cheeks near my nose. I'm going to stop using it & try to find something else..maybe go back to almay clear complexion because it is practically the same thing except cheaper and didn't make me break out.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2008 5:20:00 PM More reviews by isseymiyake

i used it only once, and decided i would never use it again. it's so itchy on my face, and my skin cannot breath, not to mention that the color turned orange in the afternoon. not for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2008 2:34:00 PM More reviews by ctraywick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried this makeup based on the good reviews and I love it. It is medium to full coverage. It does help with the acne. I am fair, and I purchased Nude and it seems perfect. It does dry to the touch and does not stay tacky feeling. It stays on really good throughout the day. I am really picky about foundations and it won me over!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2008 2:28:00 AM More reviews by eyeleen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I don't love this, but it's OK. I've been using it because I'm too lazy to test other foundations and find something better. It doesn't do anything to clear my acne, but at least I'm pretty sure it isn't CAUSING my acne. The amount of salicylic acid in it is something like .7% which might as well be nothing. Don't expect any miracles.
Other than that, it looks pretty natural and has acceptable staying power. My skin usually gets super oily within a few hours of applying makeup, and I could get away with only blotting once a day while using this.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2008 9:01:00 AM More reviews by LexiB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I just got this...I used to use it, but in the wrong color, lol. I don't have a ton of acne, but I always have one or two aggravating pimples that bother me. I used this and even though it covered up some acne, my mom said it looked like I wasn't wearing makeup. Now, as for the clearing part, I have yet to see that, but I just got this yesterday.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2008 4:16:00 AM More reviews by polupuakenikeni

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

so far, so good! i bought this about a month ago to replace my mac studiofix because my roommate raved to me about this foundation and i was fed up with breaking out so much. after using this, my breakouts didn't disappear, but is greatly reduced. plus, the coverage is awesome (paired with its concealer) and long-lasting. i wore this while hiking and at the end of the hike, my skin still looked great! hopefully soon, my skin can be back to my almost-clear glory that i had before. the downside to this is that the color choices are very limited. i have olive skin and i had to search multiple stores for my right shade (tan -- the darkest shade they have). i guess this foundation is my HG! no wonder why my roommate loves this foundation (and btw, she has great skin! i'm on my way there...)

UPDATE: I took this down two lippies. It did an okay job with controlling pimples, but this really dried out my face (I think my skin freaked out with the lack of oil therefore producing more oil and breaking out). Also, looking back on some pics, the coverage wasn't all that great. I didn't do anything differently. Maybe it's the cold weather; my skin dries up during the winter months. Eh... it was good while it lasted.