December 22, 2014 | 1126 users online

Liquid - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2008 1:00:00 PM More reviews by nolalolly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

i bought this product yesterday and wore it for about 5 hours.i liked it a lot it matched my skin tone pretty well and it didn't look shiny when i put it on. my skin is pretty oily and i constantly have to use oil blotting sheets but i had this foundation on for about 5 hours and didn't have to blot once. my only concern is i used clean and clear make up removing facial cleanser and it is specifically made to remove all types of make up but after i washed my face with it, it seemed like the foundation was still there i then washed my face again with cetaphil face wash then used a toner. when i was applying the toner on with a cotton ball they cotton ball was brown... SO MY QUESTION IS FOR ALL THE PEOPLE THAT USE THIS FOUNDATION WHAT FACE WASH DO YOU USE TO REMOVE THE FOUNDATION??? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LET ME KNOW THANKS!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2008 11:41:00 PM More reviews by Mirtika

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The only reason I state I'd buy it again is that with my problem skin, Almay has tended to be the foundation that offers me the least irritation in terms of eczema flare-ups and dermatitis reactions. After years of trying various foundations--from Clinique to Estee Lauder to Lancome to L'Oreal to MAC to Maybelline to Revlon and so on--I got tired of having fire-red face from allergy or eczema on the cheeks or zits or just not enough coverage or too drying or too greasy.

I used to use SKIN STAYS CLEAN by Almay, which was perfect for me. It had good coverage for my many imperfections; it didn't give me terrible allergic reactions or unduly flare-up my eczema (as long as I washed it off promptly when I got home and didn't get lazy with cleanliness at night). It even smelled clean. And for Miami, it held up well in humidity. And with the combo of Honey and Soft Tan, it covered all my color needs (Honey when I stayed out of the sun was perfect; a mixture of Honey and Soft Tan when I had some some; Soft Tan when I had a bit more sun in summer.)

But they discontinued SSC (for which I still cuss mentally at ALMAY) and this is the one left for problem skin.

It works okay, hence 3 lippies. It gives coverage of the medium+ range. The colors don't seem to match as well as with SSC. The matte finish is more clearly chalky than in SSC (dunno why). After a few hours, my skin looks dry and if I leave it on for various hours, my nose and cheeks get a bit peely. So, it clearly has a drying effect. I always use moisturizer under.

I use it cause my options are limited. It's okay.

Almay, just bring back SSC, would ya?

Mir

rated 3 of 5 on 10/3/2008 11:57:00 AM More reviews by emyj

Loved it for a while but it ended up drying my cheeks and nose up too much.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2008 10:54:00 AM More reviews by pizdamomma

I am so surprised with this product. I haven't used liquid foundation for about 5 years now because they all broke me out horribly and made my face an oily mess! The coverage with this is amazing... I don't even need concealer. It has a nice matte finish and lasts all day. I always have small stubborn blemishes on my face no matter what... I don't know if it's the foundation or what, but my face is completely clear now after using this product for a week. The best thing about this product (for me at least) is that it does not make me oily which is something i have struggled with for a couple of years now.
An absolute must try!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2008 8:18:00 PM More reviews by HotCurry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been on a foundation binge lately. Every foundation either 1) breaks me out, or 2) doesn't control oil well enough 3) doesn't last long enough or 4) look natural. This foundation satisfies all 4 of my criteria! This gives AMAZING coverage, and is very matte, but looks so bright and natural! I apply by stippling onto skin with a cosmetic wedge, and I get medium-full coverage. BUT I strongly recommend applying this (as well as any foundation) over a moisturizer. Even with oily skin, a moisturizer will create a smoother surface for foundation to set upon, and provide easier blending. The thing I love the most, is that this stuff keeps my very oily skin matte longer than the 100's of other foundations I've tried! It doesn't oxidize, or sink into pores, it is transfer-proof, lasts ALL day, even through summer heat/sweat, and best of all, my skin is starting to clear up! I use this in "Buff" and it's a good match, for my fair neutral/golden skin. This foundation is great, but don't get the Clear Complexion powder, it's just horrible (ie. dark, orange, cakey)! I set it with Almay's TLC powder, and it lasts all day! This along with Almay's TLC foundation are the only 2 I'll wear!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2008 3:16:00 PM More reviews by fanofally

I have used this product for several months now. Like other people have said, I don't think it's taking away my pimples, but it's certainly not causing me to breakout either, unlike other foundations I have tried. I love the matte finish and the makeup stays on all day. I have also noticed that my cheeks get pretty dried out from using it, but I am using the micro clothes when I wash my face and that's taking all the dry skin off so I don't have the flakes on my skin. I also do not like the cap. A lot of makeup gets caught in the cap and you either have to stick your finger in there to get it out which is messy or you take a tissue and wipe out the makeup which is wasteful. All in all, I still like the product well enough to keep using it because I like the coverage and the fact it doesn't break my skin out.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2008 1:26:00 AM More reviews by chicgirliegirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a SUPERB foundation for oily/very oily/acne-prone skin. I am seriously acne prone and have never had a breakout using this foundation. I am IMPRESSED that I can use it without powder and it holds up beautifully (my preference is still to set with powder, however). Really, this is a VERY IMPRESSIVE product and I would recommend it to anyone. I would suggest a change in packaging, though. I think a pump would cause less waste of bottle contents. I always have a lot of "build-up" around the neck of the bottle and end up wiping it away with a tissue, which is unnecessary waste. Nevertheless, this is an AMAZING product. Don't let the bottle packaging stop you from trying this!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/16/2008 1:02:00 PM More reviews by jaymally07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It had good coverage. It felt nice. It healed my blemishes on my t-zone. BUT it made my cheeks very dry and peely. And whenever I took off this foundation and washed my face, I looked ghastly scary. It seemed as if this foundation took off the color I have left on my skin. My skin is usually naturally pretty with no foundation on but this just made me "need" the foundation more to cover up that white-scary look. It's kind of like a drug for my face. Definitely not buying it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/16/2008 5:49:00 AM More reviews by KarissaKai

I used this makeup for a long time because it had good coverage & didn't make me breakout. Only downfall is it makes my oily skin even more oily so I'm trying to find something new that controls oil. Too bad..

Edit: Taking 2 lippies off...Not sure if my skin has been getting worse because of this makeup or maybe my moisturizer..but it has been getting particularly worse in areas that I use this makeup which is only my cheeks near my nose. I'm going to stop using it & try to find something else..maybe go back to almay clear complexion because it is practically the same thing except cheaper and didn't make me break out.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2008 5:20:00 PM More reviews by isseymiyake

i used it only once, and decided i would never use it again. it's so itchy on my face, and my skin cannot breath, not to mention that the color turned orange in the afternoon. not for me.