April 18, 2014 | 1341 users online

Liquid - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2008 9:01:00 AM More reviews by LexiB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I just got this...I used to use it, but in the wrong color, lol. I don't have a ton of acne, but I always have one or two aggravating pimples that bother me. I used this and even though it covered up some acne, my mom said it looked like I wasn't wearing makeup. Now, as for the clearing part, I have yet to see that, but I just got this yesterday.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2008 4:16:00 AM More reviews by polupuakenikeni

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

so far, so good! i bought this about a month ago to replace my mac studiofix because my roommate raved to me about this foundation and i was fed up with breaking out so much. after using this, my breakouts didn't disappear, but is greatly reduced. plus, the coverage is awesome (paired with its concealer) and long-lasting. i wore this while hiking and at the end of the hike, my skin still looked great! hopefully soon, my skin can be back to my almost-clear glory that i had before. the downside to this is that the color choices are very limited. i have olive skin and i had to search multiple stores for my right shade (tan -- the darkest shade they have). i guess this foundation is my HG! no wonder why my roommate loves this foundation (and btw, she has great skin! i'm on my way there...)

UPDATE: I took this down two lippies. It did an okay job with controlling pimples, but this really dried out my face (I think my skin freaked out with the lack of oil therefore producing more oil and breaking out). Also, looking back on some pics, the coverage wasn't all that great. I didn't do anything differently. Maybe it's the cold weather; my skin dries up during the winter months. Eh... it was good while it lasted.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2008 5:42:00 PM More reviews by porchcat

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this yesterday in Ivory 120. I don't have blemishes really, but have been battling super oily face all summer. The biggest surprise was how well this performs in hot weather. I tested it all day by scrubbing my floors on my hands and knees and this stuff has held up great!

Wow. I really hope the acne medicine part of this doesn't irritate my skin at all, I want to keep using it. The color match is pretty good too, and I picked this up while walking by. I didn't really want to spend more than $10 on a bottle of foundation but I've tried almost everything else this year and have been spending a lot overall.

I use Boots No.7 mattifier over a high SPF sunscreen, then foundation, then Maybelline True Matte powder to finish. For the past couple of months I've been using Infallible, which is slightly orange on me and I sweat through it. Colorstay was incredibly stinky and irritated my skin. So far, this Almay foundation definitely looks like a keeper. Yay.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2008 12:20:00 PM More reviews by skettymaker

this is a great product! i have very oily skin and so far this is the best foundation i have found for reducing shine. the colors blend well so its not obvious that you are wearing make up and so far it hasn't made me break out. the only thing that i do not like about it is that it is a bit hard to wash off than other foundations i have tried, but then again it stays on almost all day!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2008 5:57:00 PM More reviews by newhavenite

This is one drugstore foundation that matches my skin (yellow undertones - "Buff 140"). Coverage is medium. I can't say it prevents breakouts, but like other people have said, I can't say it causes or aggravates them. I've recently found it holds up well in hot and humid weather when used with a finishing powder. It also looks natural, be it the accurate color match or the consistancy. I've been using it often because I have very combo skin and it works well with both. Also helps hide and moisturize flaking, dry skin that most makeups would augment. My only complaint would be that I'd prefer slightly more coverage and a few more hours (over 10) of wear before it needed to be reapplied. For me, it's a great daily foundation for regular activities. I have bought it again and also will in the future. :) The only reason I give it a 4/5 is because it's not The One (I'm on a search for a perfect foundation, lol), but it comes fairly close to being everything I could want.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2008 4:01:00 AM More reviews by Sleepybears

I have oily skin and tend to have a few break-outs before period :( . Last month was the worst (I have no ideas why)... I had break-outs all around my mouth and on the forehead before my period. I was sooooooo unhappy and I really wanted to use something to cover it yet it won't make it worse. I read the reviews here so I decided to give it a try. I bought the Almay Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup (Neutral) + Bonus Concealer (Light) off of ebay. It is less than $5! And I am soooo happy I did! The neutral foundation matches with my Asian skn color (my skin is not white yet not too dark) well. Although the bonus concealer is too light for me, it is good to try. Another thing is that this foundation is just like my second skin and it is not cakery at all! And I didn't break out anymore after using this. The healing concealer dries out my skin a bit though but if I just use a little bit it is fine. Actually I feel like they did help to heal my acnes a little! :)

The only downside is that my skin does get 'shiny' after a few hours, esp. under hot days. But I guess this is ok.

Also if there is Big Lots around your area, go and take a look. It was soooo surprising that I found the foundation (neutral color is the last one so I got lucky! :P) and the concealer in the Big Lots in my area. And the price is perfect! I got them both for $6! :)

*UPDATE*

After using it for a few weeks, I'd give it a 5 Star instead!!! I think it really blends in with my skin color and it has great coverage too. I still have a few pimples but I think it heals faster now and I don't think it is because of this foundation anyways. I'd say maybe it is the moisturiser I use beneath it, or it is just my occasionally digestion problem/ period. Anyways, it is absoutely my best buy!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2008 2:46:00 AM More reviews by bruinsbaby119

Well...since every liquid foundation (or ANY kind of foundation) seems to encourage a new crop of micro zits to appear attractively on my face every day I'm wearing it, I finally turned to this. It's my HG for now, solely cause I LOVE the fact that it doesn't break me out. It doesn't seem to really "treat" breakouts or anything but it sure as hell doesn't cause them! The coverage is buildable so I can put more on problem areas..plua it evens out my skin tone and looks natural. I do need to blot/touch up during the day but I have a SUPER OILY T-zone so that's a given. I have this in Honey and it suits me perfectly! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2008 1:47:00 AM More reviews by gloh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's my third day wearing this foundation so I'll do a quick review now and possibly do an update later on. I've got fairly clear skin, moderately oily (especially at the end of the day), a few clogged pores (whiteheads) close to the nose area and chin and some skin pigmentation around the cheekbones. A little goes a long way, after prepping freshly washed skin with a light moisturiser (I like gel-creams like Clinique's Moisture Surge Extra and Nivea's Aqua Sensation) I just use a light dab on the forehead, a couple on the cheeks and then chin, and blend it into my skin. It seals the skin rather seamlessly, refining the look of my pores and evening out slight redness in certain areas. To problem areas like my chin where I currently have a zit that's slightly red, I use my fingertip to dab on a couple more layers of foundation instead of concealer and it seems to do the trick pretty well. Since I've used this foundation, it seems to be working well on the zit, making it a little smaller and it hurts less so I think it's healing. It imparts a natural matte finish on the skin, and I do think it can be layered up more for increased coverage and a matter look. So far I've not ended up with an oil-slick for a face at the end of my working day, which I tend to get with numerous other foundations. A natural sheen comes through and it just looks like I'm not wearing any makeup. I am asian, have medium toned skin and wear Chanel's Teint Control Extreme in 60 Beige Extreme, MAC Face and Body foundation in C5, MAC Select Sheer powder in NC30, Estee Lauder Double Wear in Tawny 37, Revlon's Colourstay Natural in Natural Tan 09, and Almay's Honey suits me perfectly well. The packaging is a bit fiddly, though as long as you keep it upright and be careful when you tip the foundation out (and wipe away excess at the opening), it shouldn't really be a problem.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2008 2:25:00 AM More reviews by pineappleaftermath

Overall I really like this product. It doesn't break me out, even after wearing it all day and even to the gym!
The only downside - sometimes I have trouble blending it into my skin. It can get a little streaky from time to time.
This foundation is a little sheer, so I finish it with Physician's Formula mineral wear loose powder - together the coverage is excellent.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2008 2:46:00 PM More reviews by Twoylight

I am on Tazorac and I have found that since using this product my face has become extremely oily. I had been using Lancome Color Ideal for several years (since it came out as Color I.D.) and it has always been a great foundation for me. Great color match, flawless coverage...However, since the Taz, it seems that Color Ideal doesn't do well with the excess oil and made my face look orangey. I would have shine an hour after application. After reading the reviews on here, I decided to try this version of Almay. The way this foundation controls oil is unbelievable. I just put it to the ultimate test yesterday when I went to Disney in FL all day and even with all that humidity, my face WASN'T SHINY! I didn't have to touch up once! It lasted all day! Wow! If you have oily skin, you MUST try this foundation! I am so glad that I did.