Almay Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

3.8

NEW FORMULA WITH PUMP >>> (Active Ingredient : Salicylic Acid 0.6%), Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Nylon-12, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Boron Nitride, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Talc, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Alumina, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Methoxypropylgluconamide, Panthenol, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Fomes Officinalis (Mushroom) Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, Spiraea Ulmaria Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Trisiloxane, Phytantriol, Tribehenin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Silica, Methoxy Amodimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Methicone, EDTA, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

on 12/1/2008 9:19:00 PM

EDIT: Its nice... not great. Because of the price I will not be buying again. Does not clear blemishes at all and thats what I partailly bought it for. Will finish the bottle. Btw... I took off 2 lippies cuz its a decent product but its really ehhhhh...

So I've only used this twice but this might be an HG!
___________________________________________________________
Me: Fair with yellow/olive undertones but tan very easily. I am a 14 yr old teen with blackheads, pimples, white heads, acne scarring, and some redness. My skin gets oily in the -zone and the skin around my nose and eyes tends to get dry and flake.
___________________________________________________________
Foundation: I found that this foundation was very liquidy and has a light - medium coverage. I found it had a much thinner consistancy than Revlon ColorStay but a similar coverage (maybe more natural looking though). Very natural looking if the right color is picked but can get a little cakey if not careful with the application. Feels really soft and natural on the skin. Long lasting... keeps the shine away for a good 6 hours if finishing powder is used. The finish is dewy - matte depending on application and other products used with it.
___________________________________________________________
Other: Wow... how expensive. I spent about $17 cdn on very little product. The reason why I bought this was because of the medication in it. I figured I need coverage... but foundation is sooooo bad for your acne and skin... so since its the only product out there that I know of... i tried it (in natural). I havent been using this long enough to know what it does for my acne... but will soon update.
As for color options... it jumps from extremely white and pasty to fair (me) and then with the tanner shades. So the selection wasn't too impressive.
Yes their packaging may really bother some people... but i like glass bottles the most of all containers because the foundation is easily accesible and if too much is poured out it can be put back. It's not super chic and classy but most of almays other products' packaging is much worse.
BY THE WAY... IT'S WATER-BASED BECAUSE THE FIRST INGREDIANT ON THE INGREDIANTS LIST IS WATER... SO IT SHOULDNT CLOG PORES... AND LET THE SKIN BREATHE.
___________________________________________________________
I recommend it to teens with acne problems.... yes a little on the pricey side... but think about ti acne medication and foundation in one!

on 11/23/2008 4:25:00 AM

I really like this foundation. Ive only used it twice but its safe to say it hasnt broken me out, which is rare.
I bought the colour naked 160 i think, which is the palest available in australia. It was $30AU which, for the price you could probably find something better but because this has salicylic acid and doesnt look cakey on me, Im not complaining!
Packaging is...not ideal. I really dislike glass bottles. A pump would be better.
If your looking for a buildable foundation that doesnt break you out, this would be it :)

on 11/20/2008 5:51:00 PM

This stuff is wonderful. This is going to sound crazy, but at one point I applied my Dior foundation on one side of my face, and this foundation on the other, and I asked my roomate which side looked better and she chose the side with the Almay makeup!
I really love this foundation when its applied with a damp sponge. I don't really have an acne problem, so I'm not sure if it helps or not when it comes to that.. But as far as coverage goes this stuff is great for everyday life. :) Doesn't look too overdone, just evens out skin tone (and I love it!)

on 11/13/2008 12:08:00 AM

This is my everyday foundation. I am very happy with it. I've tried a few other kinds, just to mix it up, but nothing else seems to work as well with me.

One thing I can't stress enough, I just recently started using a foundation brush. Actually, I think it's a blush brush, I like the bigger size better (Ecotools, bamboo blush brush, $7 @ London Drugs in Canada). Anyway, it has made my foundation look so wonderful! You get better coverage with less product. I'm so glad I decided to try applying it that way. And the Ecotools brushes ROCK.

on 11/12/2008 9:29:00 AM

I love this foundation. I purchased Clear Complexion to control oil / cut down on shine. It does help with that. Great color match for my skin. I purchased the Sand color. Beautiful. Wish it was a pump bottle though.

on 11/11/2008 2:11:00 AM

I got this product for my acne, hoping it would help and because it was 50% off. (Its regularly almost $13) I got it in buff and the color is perfect for me, it didnt give much coverage, but still looked nice. It did nothing for my acne and its hard to get the stuff out of the glass bottle. I doubt I'll get it again.

i looooove this foundation
its the only thing ive ever tried that does NOT look pink or orange in the slightest way its a completly natural looking color for any complexion andd
-lasts all day
-easily blendable
-doesnt clog pores or cause breakouts
the only reason im giving it a 4 instead of 5 is because i still use a green conclealer under it just on my really RED breakouts but id deffinately recomend it :]

on 10/31/2008 9:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I'm in love this makeup! I use the color Sand honestly this the best match i ever found for my skin! I think this makeup looks as close to natual as you can get. You can also build with this makeup for more coverage. I have been using the Klear Action acne system and this makeup during the day and my skin never looked better!

on 10/28/2008 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i don't know why so many people love this foundation...
people here say it has a counter-brand result, I thought the price was cheap so I'd give it a try... it was terrible... I could totally tell I was using a cheap foundation after i put it on my face..
my skin turned very oily quickly and the color smudged off at areas that i have pimples... and the next day i even got a few new acnes .......

on 10/18/2008 9:30:00 PM

product overview   |
Almay "clear complexion makeup - clears blemishes" attempts to conceal and defeat uncomplicated acne. It's active acne-fighting ingredient is salicylic acid 0.6%. It claims to clear blemishes without over-drying, prevent breakouts, and provide a flawless, shine-free final effect. I'm using "120 ivory".

impressions   |
I've been using this foundation for a very long time - over a year and one redesign of the packaging has gone by. It does most of what it claims: helps control acne, doesn't irritate my skin, and makes my skin look flawless. It blends extremely well. It does not, however, prevent shine: after a few hours of wear, my skin is nearly reflective. Also after a few hours of wear it begins to feel heavy, enough that I feel like washing my face and starting the makeup anew. I give it a high rating because in terms of dealing with acne, I've come across no better product -- in fact, when I don't use it, I tend to breakout.

packaging & price   |
It comes in a sturdy glass container with a plastic lid that secures tightly, so there's no need to worry about carrying it around in your purse. If you keep it on your countertop, the square design will prevent it from easily toppling over. At roughly $15, it's a bit pricey for a drug store makeup, but of those available it's the most worth it.

removal   |
One reviewer here asked how to remove the makeup at the end of the day. It is a bit of a stickler (it luuuurrrves your skin) so I recommend the following removal procedure: First, splash warm water on your face. Create a lather in your hands with a bar of soap. Apply the lather to your face, gently and moving in circles. Allow the soap to do its things for a couple moments. Then rinse with warm water. Works like a dream every time!

overall   |
Recommended for those with acne-prone skin. continued >>