Cover Girl Professional Mascara

Price: $

Mascara

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have naturallly long lashes and usually only use clear mascara to give them a little definition. I use Cover Girl Professional mascara in black, at night, or just when I want a little more dramatic look/extra definition. This mascara is great for me because it is not extreme and will enhance my lashes but yet still look natural. I apply 2 coats and brush through it with an eyelash brush. This is great if you want some natural looking definition, that looks put together, but not over the top.

I keep buying this mascara since discovering it the first time a few years ago. It's great, and it's the only one I've tried that doesn't smudge (Maybelline's Great Lash smudges a lot compared to this)!
Just to see how my review would apply to you, I am asian, and have typically short, straight lashes. This gives great lengthening and thickening effect to my lashes. It lasts and lasts without smudging at the end of the day - great if you don't want to look like a raccoon! And the price is pretty good too!

I LOVE this mascara!!! It is the only one that doesn't smudge on my very oily skin. And it doesn't clump! It is even easy to remove with soap (I use Dove) or my Clean and Clear cleanser. So no eye makeup remover required! I won't even bother trying any other kinds anymore!

This is a good basic mascara. My lashes are already long and have a slight natural curl, so this might not do too much for people who don't have either of those, but it works very well for me.

In 2 words: BIG MISTAKE!
So many other people love it that it must just be me or something but it is one of the worst mascaras that I have ever tried (and that has to be up around 20ish). Nasty, globby, wouldn't dry--looked awful and unnatural and was under my eyes within 10 blinks. OVERALL: NOT RECOMMENDED (unless you want to look like a "Professional" boxer with black eyes)

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I've always loved the CG Professional mascara - if it's long, thick, dramatic lashes you want, this is for you! I highly recommend the one with the curved brush.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

THis mascara was very ordinary...wasnt n e thing dramatic..but it did the job ok..thickened and lengthened to a minimum.

Ok, this gets kind of clumpy if you put on more than one coat but in general, it's a good, tried and true product

I like this mascara! Especially since it has a curved brush. I was really surprised how much I liked it. It didn't lengthen or thicken but my lashes just looked great!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Even though Paula Begoun gave this a bad review in her book I love it and I have since they made their mascara's smudge proof, this is the same formula as Max Factor. CG and MF are both owned by P&G. It builds nice lenght and thickness and you can build intensity. They have a curved brush and straight brush, whichever you prefer...I wouldn't pay more for dept. store mascara's when I have this one to lean on!

Popular Mascaras