Clinique Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser

3.5

Water, Potassium Myristate, Glycerin, Potassium Behenate, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Potassium Palmitate, Potassium Laurate, Potassium Stearate, PEG-3, Distearate, Cholestryl Hydroxystearate, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Trisodium EDTA, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Violet 2, Red 4

on 9/25/2005 11:57:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is my absolute favorite catch-all basic face cleanser. It foams up nicely so you don't have to use a whole lot and the tube lasts me much longer than with any other brands I've tried. Rinses nicely and doesn't dry me out while cleaning away oils and dirt. I also like the fact that there's no scent.

on 9/21/2005 12:57:00 AM

i normally use shiseido's gentle cleansing foam but i bought this at the duty free bc it was so cheap. almost half the cost of shiseido's cleanser which is about $26 or so. to my surprise, i liked this cleanser. it foams up really well and takes off every trace of makeup. if you have dry skin, this might be a little drying. i have combination oily skin so it's perfect. i haven't decided if i would repurchase or not...i love shiseido, but clinique's cleanser pretty much does the same thing for less...i think i might try alternating between the two.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Nothing special about this. Did nothing for my skin. Too much money for something that is just like a drug store brand.

on 8/21/2005 11:57:00 PM

This cleanser dried out my skin and left it blotchy and red. Would not buy again.

on 7/6/2005 12:24:00 AM

I like how this really foams up and you only have to use a tiny bit, so my gwp tube lasted quite a while. However, unlike many other reviewers, I didn't feel "squeaky clean." I felt like I had a residue on my face and my skin was screaming for toner. Paired with Clinique's No. 2 clarifying lotion it was fine, but I prefer toner-optional skincare. I also have to use this forum to complain about the hard-sell the Clinique SA's use for the skincare products. Lord, they really expect me to wash my face with this, use a separate makeupr remover for my mascara, then a bar of soap, then use a harsh toner, then use a heavy moisturizer? Um, no. Washing my face once is enough, thank you. This is supposed to be good for removing makeup, which it does as well as most facial cleansers, but it doesn't take off mascara well enough to save my white towels, and that's what I need a makeup remover for.

I love this makeup remover! This is the ONLY product I would use to take my makeup off. I have one tube in the shower and one by the sink. Definatley worth the 16.50!!!

on 6/27/2005 5:15:00 PM

Great cleanser, removes makeup effectively. Rinses clean, no filmy residue. You only need a pea size amount as it lathers up nicely, so 1 tube can last for a very long time. Just don't get the product in your eyes as they'll sting.

on 6/22/2005 10:19:00 PM

tried so many cleanser products, always go back to this tube. clean feeling and not dry, one of my staples, will definitely buy it again!

on 6/22/2005 1:05:00 AM

Got this as a gift with the purchase of Clinique Happy. Didnt have much expectations as most of clinique skincare item does not suit me.. but SURPRISE! this foaming cleanser works marvellously, it foams well and i have been using it for 2 weeks and i have absolutely no breakouts, no excessive dry skin.. pity that it may not have any exfoliating function but i will definitely repurchase!

on 6/9/2005 5:29:00 AM

I got this product as a GWP. As a make up remover it does work very well, it removes even mascara easily. But I really wouldn't advise using it as a cleanser, after using this I gave my face a wipe over with Clarins one step cleanser with orange extract and the cotonwool was nearly black afterwards. It does not remove dirt from your pores, it is not designed to remove dirt from your pores, it is a make up remover and nothing else