August 30, 2014 | 980 users online

Powder - Palladio - Wet/Dry foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2003 8:57:00 PM More reviews by AutumnBliss

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this in TAN as a cheaper
alternative to MAC NC40 studio fix.
(Around 10 bucks)It goes on a little more natural looking. However, I do have to touch-up sooner with the Palladio than with the S.F., but it does look Good ! I'd have to say I like it just as well as studio Fix. A thumbs-up product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2003 3:35:00 PM More reviews by hoodoo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I agree 100% with all the positive reviews here! This is an underrated gem of a foundation. Very smooth and velvety, not the least bit chalky or powdery-looking. I find that the shades go on a little lighter than they look in the pan. I've used Aveda's dual, Olay Complete Radiance compact, Studio Fix, and Stila IPF and I like Palladio better than any of them!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2002 3:33:00 AM More reviews by jesdmill

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my favorite foundation in the world! I wear the lightest shade and it's a perfect match (I'm a Stila A). It has a very smooth, velvety texture, and the coverage is excellent for a powder. I also quite like the sponge that comes with the product and I like that it is kept underneath the powder. I use it almost every day and it lasts forever - much longer than my Stila IPF. I think the Palladio has more product. I'm so thrilled that my holy grail foundation is a low end! I've seen this foundation at Sally Beauty supply (where I get mine) and at Ulta.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2002 11:33:00 AM More reviews by CheckyDoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this foundation, but I have to agree w/ the others that they need more colors. They were out of the lightest shade when I went & bought it, so I bought the next shade up which looks totally unnatural! I'm going to wait a few days & go exchange it, hopefully they'll have my color in.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2001 10:21:00 PM More reviews by media_cookie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is it for me! StudioFix doppelganger :o) I use Laurel Nude which is the palest shade, yellow based (I'm a Stila B, Chantecaille Camomile). The next shade up is Ivory which makes me look tan, so I agree the shade range could be improved. The coverage is flawless, if you apply it dry with a sponge, it is pretty darn near full coverage. With a fluffy brush, it's sheerer. I've never tried it wet. No breakouts and I'm on my second one. No redness, no itching, nothing. It also is great at keeping my oily skin in check :o) The case keeps the sponge in a seperate vented compartment too, which is nice. My only gripe is that it doesn't last that long, maybe a month, but then again, It's only $12.50 (here in Long Beach, CA anyway). hth!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2001 3:44:00 PM More reviews by Missy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

If I could find a good shade of this, I would love it, but all the colors seem to be for beigey-olive skintones. The coverage is very good and matte and lasts all day. Great for oily skins!

EDIT 12/19/08: When I first tried this 7 years ago, they only had 3 or 4 shades. Now they have several! Just as I thought, I absolutely LOVE this. The coverage is medium to full with a kabuki brush. It covers much better, and more naturally, than most powder or mineral foundations I've tried. It's not sparkly at all as most mineral powders are and the coverage doesn't look cakey like my Everyday Minerals. It also easily replaces my Merle Norman Luxiva Ultra Powder foundation in terms of coverage and wearability (and not breaking me out!). In addition, I noticed something with this powder that I've never experienced before. Before my first application, I had some pretty inflamed pimples and one that was raw and sore from picking (My fault!). This stuff seemed to have an unusual calming effect on me. The pimples quickly reduced in size and the raw area felt soothed. I'll have to take a closer look at the ingredients to know for sure! Lastly, my only miniscule gripe is still.......the shade selection. The lightest shade, Laurel Nude, is still a little too dark for me.