Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser Mask

Active Ingredients: Benzoyl Peroxide (3.5%) (Acne Treatment) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Kaolin, Bentonite, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Titanium Dioxide, Trideceth 9, PEG 5 Ethylhexanoate, Menthol, Sodium Citrate, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Fragrance 5/29/09

i just purchased this recently and i really love it....it leaves my skin really soft and smooth..the scent is not so appealing but im willing to overlook that because the product is great! hasnt really removed many of my blackheads yet...ive just started using it...so hopefully soon...the mask works great!! it gives my face this cooling effect which feels wonderful!!

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Eyes: Violet

OMG. Okay so I've used this product before but I just recently found an old tube of it in my bathroom. I decided my skin looked dirty and needed to be cleaned. Cleaned. Not burned off of my face! So I decided to use it as a mask and I had it on for less than 45 seconds before I couldn't stand the burning.

It recommended leaving it on for 5 minutes but I don't think I would have a face left if I did that. So I washed it off and my skin is red like the worst sunburn of my life. Except I've never even been sunburned before! I wouldn't say that I have sensitive skin by any means but what the heck was in this bleach?! So I look like a mild burn victim and this is the worst product experience of my life. I should sue neutrogena.

For awhile, I only used this cleanser as a mask. I did not notice that it would calm any forming pimples I had, but the mask didn't do anything spectacular for me. I then began using as a cleanser and I'm quite impressed. It does a great job of riding my face of any gunk/makeup left on it at the end of the day.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i have oily oily oily skin.. this works soooo good... dried out my pimples but not my skin.. i wont recommend it if you're skin is dry/normal

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I'm from Canada and desperately want to try this product... I've looked in 3 places and they don't have it... is it discontinued? They have 2 other masks out.. invigorating and another one.. but not the clear pore one.... someone help!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I actually have this on my face right now... lol. Last week, I started to break out worse than I normally do, and I went into panic mode, using lots of salicylic acid products to try to clear my pores. I think I've finally learned my lesson and realized that I'm one of the few that salicylic acid is just not good for. It tends to break me out so much worse, which it did this time. I started using this product as well as the neutrogena on the spot benzoyl peroxide cream to treat my breakouts, and they started to diminish immediately. Yes, I can see how especially when used as a mask, this product could be somewhat harsh on the skin. I have extremely resiliant skin, and i can use 10% benzoyl peroxide with barely any irritation, so this doesn't bother me at all. I love how I can feel this penetrating down into my pores. It feels clean and tingly and really seems like it is working. My breakouts immediately started to shrink and even deep, cystic pimples started to clear. This product is a lifesaver! I will definitely keep it on hand, and I hope it never loses its effectiveness on me!

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

2 stores I went to were out the Neutrogena 60 second scrub/mask so I bought this.

I didn't like it as much as the 60 second scrub/mask. I guess a SA cleanser works better for me than benzoyl peroxide.

Also, it stung my eyes bad.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

A couple of days ago I was breaking out in these HUGE painful cystic bumps and the salicylic acid in my Oxy pads weren't doing a darn thing. I was desperate so I looked through the medicine cabinet and found this. After washing my face with a seperate foaming cleanser to get rid of makeup, I spot treated with Clear Pore (rinsing it off before bed). When I woke up my pimples which were like welts were noticeably smaller in size and a lot less red!! My skin was super smooth too! This is truly a skin saver!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

i like the benzoyl peroxide in this product

I agree in saying that this product is rather harsh... however if you are looking for clear(er) skin, it's great! I use it about once a week, and the day after I use it... my skin is always looking much better than it did the day before. I am 22, and have hormonal acne around my jawline. I use this product as a mask only, and leave it on about 10-20 minutes. I know that the lable only says 5 minutes, but I like to let it soak. My face IS bright red after use, and normally will feel really hot... but that goes away within an hour. I will use it the night before a big event, becuase I know it will leave my skin looking great the next day. My advise is to only use it at night, when you are not going out afterwords. I also suggest to use it longer than the bottle says for a really deep clean.