September 30, 2014 | 1920 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Clear Pore Cleanser Mask

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2007 1:30:00 AM More reviews by Metamorpha

I bought this and used it today as a mask. I tend to be sensative to BP when applied as a lotion, but I liked the way this mask worked. It cools as it dries and it tightened my skin a bit but didn't dry it out any more than other masks I have used. I wouldn't suggest it for anyone with dry skin, but normal to oily types might enjoy it. I also like that I can use it as a cleanser as well, maybe to help control the occasional serious breakout session. Will post an update after I have used it more.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2007 3:22:00 PM More reviews by licoricepirate

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

luv this stuff

tingly, cool feeling + clears up acne, without stripping off the top layer of ur skin or drying u out

i just wish it lasted longer, but then again .. it's a 2-in-one so im using twice as much. :/

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2007 12:19:00 AM More reviews by haileysheets

I highly recommend trying this if you have acne-prone skin like I do. I don't use this as a cleanser (I use Cetaphil instead), but I use this as a mask twice a week after washing my face. It sucks up all the excess oil without drying me out. It has also helped to fade some of my red leftover acne scars around my jawline. I hope they never discontinue this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2007 8:44:00 PM More reviews by Sweet_Capri

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an updated review.
I use this only 1x in the evenings to wash my face and take m/u off. It works great. I really have to pay attention when I'm rinsing it off though because this is rather thick and pasty and will stick to the skin, especially around the hairline.
I love the way this feels on my skin, slightly tingly, but not irritating at all. Immediately upon rinsing it off, my skin looks radiant, pores are tight and smooth.
I also have to mention that I was going through a period of time when my hormones went nuts on me and my skin began breaking out into huge pimples, which I rarely got in the past. This, along with Tazorac cleared my skin up in 2 days. I'm not even lying!!!
So glad I gave this product a second chance because I had originally written a bad review for it thinking this was the cause of my irritated skin. I'm so happy with it that I went and purchased a backup! HG material!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2007 12:35:00 AM More reviews by ais4alison

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have had a long... looooong battle with cleansers. So, for me to rave about this one and say its an HG cleanser is HUGE!! But, I seriously love this cleanser and it is now a staple in my skin care routine. My skin is very picky and acne prone, it's oily in the summer and more normal/combo in winter. I find my skin does not like sallyic acid at all (I get worse irritation breakouts when I use SA) and so my acne will only respond to BP cleansers and products. I use Proactiv's wash in the morning, but I prefer to use this cleanser at night because it's creamy and more soothing after a long day. I use makeup removing wipes first, then wash with this. I only use it as a cleanser, it's a little too strong for me to use as a full on mask though. But, the smell is nice, the texture is great.... the only thing, like others have mentioned... is the bottle is a little frustrating and the caps on some bottles don't open and close easily.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2007 12:18:00 PM More reviews by caramelkandii

My dermatologist recommended this to me and said all of his clients love it, so I figured I'd give it a try. It's expensive for an over the counter ($7-8), but it does a good job of making my skin feel smooth. It ISN'T good at removing makeup or a lot of oil, so I wash my face first, then use it as a mask. It gives a nice firm feel, but doesn't close pores or get rid of blackheads. I alternate use or my skin would be too dry, plus it's expensive and wouldn't last long, but I will use again. The only downside is the clay hardens around the cap so it won't close, but that's minor.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/7/2007 12:34:00 AM More reviews by Averil

Yuck! This made me break out on my chin within a few days of use. I got some of the nasty under-skin cyst type zits too. Difficult to rinse off, and if you don't get it all off and get some on the towel when you dry your face, the benzoyl peroxide bleaches the towel! I threw this product out after a couple of weeks.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2007 6:12:00 PM More reviews by rj212

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great way to deliver BP. It has clay in it, which is why it makes a good mask. Sucks up excess oil as a mask, good scrub for those "icky" days, and is a great spot treatment for areas that feel like they could erupt. HOWEVER, go easy on this stuff and try not to make it a daily habit. BP can cause your skin to be photosensitive and irritated if you use it too much (don't use on old red marks). I find that my skin is too sensitive to use this daily, as it can suck up toooo much moisture. FInd another cleanser to alternate this with, get a good moisturizer (jojoba oil!), and this product will do its job effectively.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2007 4:20:00 PM More reviews by jmalo

I will be repurchasing this product as long as it continues to control my acne.
This helps my face more than drinking copious amounts of water, any masks or scrubs, adequate amounts of sleep, etc. The only thing I really see making a bigger difference in my skin than this cleanser is eating tons of veggies, which get expensive. This is $3.99 at my local drugstore, and lasts about a month. I use it in the shower to wash my face for about 45 seconds in the evening, and use it occasionally, maybe once a week, as a mask. The only other things I use on my face are pore strips 2-3 times a month, my moisturizer in the morning, and a toner in the morning if there's still makeup around my eyes.

This product works GREAT, and I saw results after a few days, and continues to really control my breakouts after a few months. I have repurchased and will continue to repurchase. I don't use much on my face besides this. So, I think it's not bombarding my facial skin with products, and the benzoyl peroxide in this formula that have really made the difference for me. I still use Clean & Clear Persagel 10 to spot treat every now and then.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2007 7:40:00 PM More reviews by moka_prynce

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm a dude, yes a dude, but I love to take care of my skin. My skin is very oily,but this cleanser quickly put it in check! This is the best cleanser I've used in a long time!