Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Concealer

4.2

New formula: Water\Aqua\Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Tribehenin, Magnesium Sulfate, Titanium Dioxide, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Dimethicone, Methicone, Laureth-7, Glycerin, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Xanthan Gum, Alumina, Trisiloxane, Dimethicone Silylate, Sorbic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, [ /- Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Mica]

on 7/13/2008 8:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Definitely my new HG concealer. Matches my skin perfectly and gives great coverage. It doesn't crease in the fine lines of my undereye circles, doesn't slip as it promises not to, and is sweatproof. Will definitely buy again. The best concealer I have EVER used.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

My HG. I really really adore this stuff, and I use it ever day to cover the redness around my nose and a patch of red on one of my cheeks; I also use it under my eyes and on top of my nose when needed. This stuff rules. It's thick but easy to blend--but you must work fast b/c when it dries, it's there for the long haul. Even when I sweat, this concealer does not let me down. I wear it every day, and I do not feel that my face is "finished" without this product. Love it love it love it.

on 7/7/2008 9:17:00 PM

I really like this concealer for covering my red acne marks. I have been through a really bad breakout recently (lasting for months and still recovering) which has left red scars. After trying a lot of concealers, I finally found one I'm happy with. This does a good job of covering the marks without looking cakey or wearing off. And it doesn't break me out. I like that it dries to a nice finish and stays put. After applying this, I dust over with Everyday Minerals and I feel confident enough to venture out for the day! Recommended for acne!

on 7/2/2008 1:59:00 PM

The ONLY concealer I ever repurchased was Almay's Amazing Lasting concealer in the lightest shade, and I was gutted when it stopped being available in the UK. Most concealers are too orange for my fair skin, or don't last long enough. I've been on the hunt for an Almay replacement for months now, and I think I've found it in Double Wear. The lightest shade is a little bit darker than Almay's Fair, but luckily not in an orange way and it matches my skintone very well. It may be too dark for people with the palest skin. It has the same long-lasting quality as Almay, the coverage is nice and opaque, and it hasn't broken me out so far. The only thing I'm not keen on really is the price - twice the price I'm used to paying for concealer. It's so rare to find a colour-match for me though that I will repurchase this. I love products that last - what's the use of something that you have to re-apply every few hours? This one should last you all day.

on 6/27/2008 2:51:00 PM

Very good concealer. I dont like how this is a wand .. but i love the product. It covers almost anything and wont leave the skin looking greasy or dry/flaky. Great for covering imperfections and under eye circles. It also lasts such a long time !!

on 6/21/2008 9:58:00 PM

I have bought this concealor at least about four times...it is definitely one of my favorites. It really does last all day and it covers what you need it to without looking cakey. I really can just use this and a little bronzer and I'm good to go, it makes my skin look perfect. I love the texture also. I got obsessed with Bare Escentuals for a while, so I forgot about this concealor. It was in the background for a little while and gradually went to the back of my drawer. But, I stumbled upon it the other day and my old flame has been rekindled! It covers much better than so many other concealers.

on 6/17/2008 12:08:00 PM

ive been searching for a truely non comedogenic concealer for ages ever since i found out my beloved mac select cover contained propylene glycol stearate which is apparently pore clogging. i checked ingredients for everything but almost all concealers conatin isopropyl palmitate. eventually i came across this one, which had pretty good reviews on MUA and is listed as oil free and non comedogenic. i decided to buy it then check out the ingredients on zerozits when i got it home, then return it if there were any hidden nasties, im pleased to say though ive just looked the ingredients up and it seems to check out. ill post back if i feel like it breaks me out but fingers crossed ive finally found something safe!
ingredients: cyclopentasiloxane, water, titanium dioxide, trimethylsiloxysilicate, butylene glycol, sorbitan sesquioleate, peg/ppg - 18/18 dimethicone, tribehenin, magnesium sulfate, phenyl thrimethicone, tocopheryl acetate, sodium hyaluronate, ethylhexyl-glycerin, dimethicone, methicon, laureth-7, glycerin, xantham gum, alumina, sorbic acid, phenoxyethanol, chlorphenesin (may contain iron oxides, titanium dioxide, mica)

on 6/6/2008 10:06:00 AM

This is the only concealer that actually works for my combination skin. I have large pores right where I need to conceal and this does not sink into my skin. Sometimes, when my skin is looking really good or I am in a hurry, this and light powder is all I will use and it makes a big difference for me. I only use this for red spots around my nose and chin so can't account for how it works around the eyes. I really like the EL Double wear line and have not been disappointed with anything yet.

I have to admit that I don't use this around my eyes since it seems kind of heavy, but I do use it daily to cover a scar on my décolleté, and the stuff is absolutely GREAT. Stays put all day, just like EL promises!

This did not work for me simply because I'm NC 15/NC 20. I got this in Light (the lightest color) and while in store lighting it looked OK, it was actually at least three shades darker than my skintone. Sigh. Still giving it three lippies because the texture was very nice. If you're a PPP, this cannot be for you.