January 25, 2015 | 1662 users online

Concealers - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Stay-in-Place Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2008 3:54:00 PM More reviews by ser1382

This is my HG concealer. They were out of it a few weeks ago at my local EL counter(s) and I tried a different one by Clinique, but it was as if my day didn't go well because every time I looked in the mirror I could see that something was different -- my dark circles were there! I love this Concealer and will continue to buy it again and again until I either get turned on to something even better or they stop making it (which I hope never happens!)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2007 1:33:00 AM More reviews by desertmom4

So far this is my HG concealer for both my under eye circles and my tiny broken capillaries around/under my nose and blemishes. I am NC 30, Chanel Beige, EL DW Ivory Beige, and I use the DW Concealer in medium for my dark under eye circles and medium/deep for my blemishes & broken capillaries.

Under Eye Circles: In another review of mine I prime my under eye area w/ MAC full coverge foundation in NC25, as it is the same as their SF concealer in the pot but you get more for your $$ by purchasing it via Full Coverage Foundation. After I prime my under eye area, I let it sit for about a minute then I put 3 tiny dots of my EL DW concealer over it ~ corner of eye, center, and at the end of my eye. I quickly blend it in w/ my MAC 190 foundation brush, but I am sure to pat it, then blend it in. As with EL DW items you have to work a little quickly as it will "set" and blending will be hard to do once set. After it is set, I give my under eye area a light dusting og LM Secret Brightening Powder in 01 and the results are amazing. My dark circles are concealed, and I look awake w/ out any cakiness or creasing. You would think there would be some creasing as I primed, concealed, and duested, but there is none! The results last all day :) It didn't look dry either as I am sure to always moisturize w/ an eye cream.

Blemishes/ Broken capillaries: I have tiny red broken capillaries under my nose and on the side of my nose. After I apply my foundation, I dot my EL DW concealer in medium/ deep over the area w/ my broken capillaries and pat/ blend with my MAC 190 foundation brush. The color is perfect as it becomes one w/ my skin, and the broken capillaries are covered. Afterwards I set my foundation/ concealer w/ a light dusting of my HG loose poweder ~ NARS Beach. Perfect! If I have a blemish or two, I simply dot the blemish and blend, and it is "concealed" also. The results last all day w/ out any flakiness or dryness. I love EL DW concealer.

This concealer comes in a wand/ doe foot packaging which is hygenic (sp?), but I did notice that my med/deep one the doe-foot padding has partially torn off..perhaps of the constant use? My medium one hasn't done that...thank-goodness. I have used these concealers for about a year now as a tiny dot or two is all you need. I believe I payed $21 each for them, not sure, but well worth it. I will definitely keep repurchasing these concealers as they do wonders for me :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2007 6:06:00 AM More reviews by sadiemonster

I adore Double Wear foundation, so I thought this would complement it beautifully. Like the foundation, it feels light and has good staying power, but I won't repurchase. I'm extremely pale with pronounced undereye circles, and the lightest shade of Double Wear Concealer was too dark for me, and very yellow. Combined with bluish undertones beneath my eyes, this concealer made my eyes look quite a lurid, obvious green colour. Other people even made this observation, which is totally not what you want from a concealer! Also, because it's such a light fluid consistency, it's difficult to build up, and when I tried it ended up looking greyish and cakey. A lot of concealers are too dark or too yellow for my pale complexion and undereye bags, so this may not be a really objective review, and this product would probably work beautifully for someone with a healthier skin tone and less pronounced discolouration below the eyes. I will say it sits nicely on the skin and doesn't exacerbate lines and wrinkles, but it's not for me!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2007 7:06:00 PM More reviews by modfemme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this concealer and I really can't say that I hate it but I definitely won't be repurchasing. The coverage is good and it absorbs somewhat well,, BUT boy does it make your skin dry dry dry! It's like it sucked all the oil out of my skin and I have really oily skin. And even though it covered mt undereye circles well, it really didn't do much for my dark spots and because it's so drying, I ended up looking made-up and cakey. I gave it 3 lippies because it does stay in place and may work well for others...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2007 7:59:00 AM More reviews by niff524

I bought this in Medium and I think it works well for the eyes but NOT on my face cuz this stuff breaks me out like DW foundation =((((( The colour and coverage are good though but wouldn't buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2007 4:00:00 PM More reviews by mintyvert

It's a decent concealer but not great. It does not cover acne scar well because of its liquid texture, it can be used as undereye concealer but because its thickness, it does not blend easily and a few hours after applying, the product settles and fine line around the delicate eye area become visible. The tip of the wand applicator gets worn so easily, the cotton part of the tip of mine was torn off just a few months after I used it and I don't use it too often.The Estee Lauder Smoothing Cream concealer works much better for undereye area and the price is cheaper. I might consider buying it again because of the SPF 10.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2007 1:52:00 PM More reviews by HipsterChica7984

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this concealer. It doesn't make me look like i have wrinkles and it stays put. So much better than Lancome's Effacernes.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/23/2007 10:29:00 AM More reviews by babiig1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely detest this concealer. It covers well due to the thick consistency but after about half an hour, it looks cakey and obvious! The staying power is also minimal and disappointing. To make matters worse, due to the lack of moisturising properties in the Double Wear Stay-in Place Concealer, the product settles into my fine lines and leaves me with an unrested, worn-out appearance.

I don't recommend this concealer considering the low quality, limited shade/colour range and the high price. This product could not compare to the Giorgio Armani High Precision Retouch in my opinion. I recommend Giorgio Armani HPR over this, it is much more effective in providing coverage which actually lasts and looks natural.

I expected better from Estee Lauder. To be honest, I find it really odd how it seems to be working well for most people with the exception of myself and a few others but unfortunately, that seems to happen with all products nowadays.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/10/2007 4:55:00 PM More reviews by chillyjihye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a very runny concealer, which makes it great for undereye. However, this did not give good coverage on my acne scars due to its runniness. This is a so so concealer in my opinion....and the double wear foundation gives better coverage than this concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2007 11:28:00 AM More reviews by GoddessGreenEyes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This concealer rocks my world. It covers imperfections, blemishes, and puffy eyes completely. It blends in very well - you'll be the only one who knows you're wearing it. It leaves a smooth matte finish that doesn't interfere with the beauty of your foundation or your skin. And there's a shade for almost every skin tone. I love it. It's kind of pricey for concealers, but then, it lasts all day through rain, tears, smog, and work, and the average concealer wouldn't. So I'd say it's worth the price.