Rimmel Gentle Eye Make Up Remover

3.6

Water (aqua), Poloxamer 184, Sodium PCA, Disodium Cocomphodiacetate, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Tetrasodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Panthenol

on 12/15/2003 11:11:00 AM

I love this product. Having used just about every eye make-up remover out there, this product is a welcome relief to my wallet. It's effective and non-oily, and doesn't tug on my lashes when removing mascara. I sometimes wear water-resistant eye shadow and it cuts right through it. I used to use Lancome Bi-Facil, but I'll never go back!

on 11/28/2003 12:42:00 AM

I like this stuff because it is gentle. The trick is to really wet the cotton balls and use a gentle touch or it really will irritate your skin.

on 11/28/2003 12:27:00 AM

Pro: Good value for the money, doesn't sting or irritate my sensitive eyes, simple and efficient packaging.

Con: Did not remove my H20 proof mascara and was only marginally acceptable in removing my longlasting eyeliner.

Overall, I gave it three lippies and will continue my search for a HG product. I might buy again if I were stuck for a quick and cheap product.

This is the remover I usually use. It works decently well, but I have to use about 6 cottonballs soaked with it to get all the eyemakeup off. Walmart was out of it today so I bought the Maybelline brand, which I'll be reviewing as soon as I try it... but going on the reviews for it it's going to suck :(
UPDATE: the Maybelline did suck. The Rimmell is the only kind of eye m/u remover I've found so far that works pretty well on me.

I wear a lot of mascara (it is Rimmel and NOT waterproof) and this doesn't cut it. I have to do each eye twice and then I still find more makeup under my eyes the next morning. I love Rimmel products, but this one is no good. I'm going back to my Marcelle make-up remover which removes everything without stinging or leaving any residue.

on 10/23/2003 1:24:00 PM

i got this with a freebie kohl eyepencil (which i also love)

it takes off eyemakeup really well, doesnt smell horrible, and the container stays shut.

inexpensive. will repurchase.

on 10/19/2003 6:21:00 PM

I read the reviews here, then found this at wal-mart, I didn't even know it existed until I was reading about it here in productville. Glad I did, it is much better than what I usually use and much cheaper, more for my money, I usually use covergirl. This is gentle and non greasy, it removes all traces of my eye makeup. I like it a lot.

on 9/30/2003 9:57:00 PM

Guess i'm gonna be the lone dissenter on here...this stuff stung my eyes like nobody's business! And I so wanted to like it, too! I love the packaging,price,and the way it removed my eyemakeup...but the horriffic burning afterwards makes it not worth it. No repurchase here. Sorry.

on 9/6/2003 5:22:00 PM

I absolutely love this stuff! It feels just like water going across your eyes. I hate oily makeup removers that cloud your vision, and this is not one of those products. I will forever be buying it. I've even converted a few friends who have always used expensive department store brands.

on 8/22/2003 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I bought this eye make up remover while on my honeymoon last year( I forgot to pack my standard L'oreal Plenitude Eye Make Up Remover).
I just used up the last of the product and went back to WalMart for a replacement, I forgot how inexpensive it was...and it works really well. Now my L'oreal product sits in a drawer, unused.
This is a nice product and a great price. I definitely recommend it! No stinging!