July 22, 2014 | 1264 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Rimmel - Gentle Eye Make Up Remover

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2003 12:04:00 AM More reviews by DaYzIePiX

This product does what it says, and I must admit, IT'S ABOUT TIME!!! I am impressed that it does not sting and removes waterproof mascara. I think for the size bottle you get, the price is great. Would definately buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2003 1:06:00 AM More reviews by paleviolet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wow! I was looking for something to replace Bi-Facil, as it was far too oily and was stinging my eyes and clouding my vision, and I read about this on MUA. Boy, am I glad I picked it up! Pretty cheap ($5 for a good sized bottle), and it leaves no oily residue at all. I got some in my eye and it didn't sting or itch or make my eyes water, plus it did a wonderful job of gently removing my eye makeup. I will definitely keep this one stocked.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2003 5:39:00 PM More reviews by velektronika

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

WOW! I finally found a e/m remover that I like. I have used so many brands, and expensives brands in this case, and none of them compare to this. It takes off my makeup like a dream and the best part is that there's so oilyness left on your lid. This is my holy grail for makeup remover. A lot better than Lancomes Bifacil, IMO. And one more thing, it's only $4.99 for a big bottle.

UPDATE- It hasn't even been a month and me and my sis finish the bottle up. We both love this. I noticed too that it takes off my Colorstay e/l completely. That usually never happens with other brands. This gets a total RAVE!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2003 7:32:00 PM More reviews by trhicks

I found this to work great and better for me than my usual which is the Almay non-oily eye makeup remover pads (been using forever). Anyway I used the Rimmel on a cotton ball or pad and it works great and takes of eye makeup better than the Almay (for me anyway). I got mine for $3.82 at Walmart. It does not sting my eyes either.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2003 9:34:00 PM More reviews by KarenCG

This is pretty good stuff! It's a non-greasy, oil-free makeup remover that does a good job of removing my "heavy-duty" eye makeup. Similar in quality to L'Oreal eye makeup remover, but more product at a cheaper price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2003 7:04:00 PM More reviews by chopstix888

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i got mine for $5. i thought this was a little high for the rimmel line, but u do get a bottle and it works well. very gentle, no tugging needed. will buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2003 6:06:00 PM More reviews by MiaGator

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

One of my staples. I have sensitive eye skin, such that I can't even wear certain lotions or I'll get itchy, red creases. This does not bother me at all. The eyeliner, shadow, lash gel, and brow pencil slide off effortlessly. I even use this on my lips to de-flake them. One swipe after a long day of lipstick wearing, and any and all flakes are left on the cotton ball. My lips feel like a baby's butt afterwards. Large bottle, cheap, and NO OILY RESIDUE! HOORAY! I cannot stand oil-based removers that migrate down to my cheeks and cause blemishes. Not drying at all. A+

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2003 4:59:00 PM More reviews by Crabtwix

This remover rivals Estee Lauder's in my estimation. I have had trouble with removers irritating my eyes, but not with this one.

However - there is an irony. When I was using Bourjois Aqua Volume Mascara, all my make-up was removed so easily. Now that I have the Rimmel mascara (gotta get to Sephora), it is a huge pain to get off.

BUT, overall, I would and have bought this again. OH, I have also had good luck with it removing L'Oreal mascaras as well.

UPDATE --- now have L'Oreal's Lash Architect waterproof and this remover doesn't even touch it.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/29/2003 2:58:00 AM More reviews by gummybug

The good thing about it is that you can reapply your make-up right after you take it off. No need to wash your face because of oily residue. This remover doesn't have any. A plus if your skin is prone to breakouts, also.

The slight dryiness it may leave some people feeling is easily cured by a dab of eye cream. In any case, it'll save you time if you're on the go.

The bad thing is that it's not absolutely perfect at removing waterproof mascara. It worked fine with Maybelline, and it did a pretty decent job on the L'Oreal, but I wouldn't even bother trying it on anything like Rubinstein. If you're a Rimmel girl though, it should be just fine fine fine... companies always tailor their removers after the mascaras.

----------
EDIT:
Two weeks after I started uzing it, it completely "fizzed out"! It was not even budging the same mascara it took off before. Now I have to throw out more than half the bottle. POO!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2003 11:03:00 PM More reviews by andromeda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is an oil-free eye makeup remover that does a decent job removing waterproof makeup. It does not irritate my sensitive eyes nor give stinging sensation and no trace of oiliness at all. I did have to rub my lashes a few times however, it removes waterproof mascara better than other oil-free makeup remover. I still think oil-based remover is the best for removing waterproof mascara without having to tug at your lashes. I don't think I will be buying this again, but for those of you who use regular mascara, $4.97 for 4.2 oz is a great bargain, so give it a try!