April 17, 2014 | 1902 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Mango Body Butter

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2003 8:46:00 AM More reviews by joannaB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

very greasy and emollient. funky yellow/orange color and meltable texture. leaves a shiny film on skin. makes it hard to get dressed afterwards until this stuff is absorbed. so it's not an everyday body lotion, but when you've soaked in the tub and want something with a delicious texture under your PJ's -- this is great. and you'll wake up with super soft skin. scent is not too bad.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2003 4:19:00 PM More reviews by zahirahnajma

This is probably the yummiest smelling body product i've ever smelled. My boyfrined thinks it smells like fresh peaches and I can see that too. It just smells GOOD. Also, I like the texture of the product, not as thick as I expected for a body butter but it moisturizes really well, some people that I have let have some say that it makes them too greasy, especially when you're trying to do something like drive or use a computer. But I love it and I don't mind being greasy. It does absorb into your skin, it just takes a while. I put on so much before bed that my pjs stick to me and i wake up feeling baby- smooth. But I also wake up craving a mango smoothie!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2003 1:34:00 AM More reviews by Killy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

REFORMULATED!!!

yummy mango smell, new creamy texture, lots of moisture, hardly any grease! Very unlike the old, yellow-vaseline stuff from days past. Go to your nearest BS and check it out!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2003 9:39:00 PM More reviews by MoonJelly

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Loved the Mango scent. Price is fair. Packaging cute. Buy this product if you like grease! It made my hands and elbows oil slicks! It would not soak in and I had to wash it off!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2003 7:54:00 PM More reviews by julieswahn

Had this for a bit and still love it, but upon recent purchase of "sweet orange" essential oil for body, I have begun to add a few drops to my scoop of Mango Body Butter and it gives it some real zip.

Actually, the reason I came up with this idea is because the essential oil was crappy on its own (needed to be mixed with something yet scent lasted no more than 5 mins even when straight oil!), and it seems to work with this scent of Body Butter very well.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/31/2002 8:30:00 AM More reviews by Malone

Wonderful scent (I love anything mango!), but very greasy. I don't use it on my body, but it is great for keeping your feet nice & soft.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2002 2:24:00 PM More reviews by NikkiB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The Mango Body Butter should be used when you are ready to pamper yourself. Take a long hot bath, slather it on and get into some comfy pj's. When you wake up in the morning the body butter will have melted into your skin. Perfect for the winter weather and dry skin.
I found that using the body butter, then getting dressed to go out for the day doesn't work. However, I must say, I do like the old Mango Body Butter better. It was even thicker than the new one!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2002 1:32:00 AM More reviews by reiko

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Mmm, this body butter smells lovely. It's a lot creamier and slimier than the Nut Body Butter, so just a little bit goes quite a long way. And the mango smell lasts ages.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2002 10:45:00 PM More reviews by celedine

Very nice mango scent that doesn't overpower you. It's for dry skins so it's pretty thick - just like butter. I use it after I come out of the shower, before I dry myself off. This way I can get a thin coat and it feels like it's holding moisture in for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2002 12:58:00 PM More reviews by nakobear

*LOVE* this stuff! It moisturizes well and it smells wonderful. Sometimes, I like to use this just for the scent, but unless you're really dry, it can be a bit too much.