October 21, 2014 | 945 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Mango Body Butter

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2003 7:47:00 PM More reviews by MelissaM

Loved the smell of this - it has a peachy-mango-ish smell to it that's absolutely divine - but wow, is this stuff ever greasy! It seems to leave an impermeable layer of yick on the skin, and doesn't feel very comfortable when one's thighs go sloshing together. Sometimes my legs get dry in the summer, but not sheesh, it's not like I'm planning on walking on the sun or anything. Decrease the oiliness factor in this, and TBS would have a great product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2003 5:16:00 PM More reviews by paleviolet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have read about these butters for years, but I do not live around the Body Shop and have worked at BBW for 2 years now, so I never really checked the store out. I went on a trip yesterday and stumbled into the Body Shop with the intent of getting some Satsuma shower gel (bought some in London years ago and still yearned for the smell), and bought a mini-tub of Mango Body Butter. I LOVE THIS PRODUCT! I cannot believe I waited so long! I am converted! I am buying them on eBay as I type.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2003 8:30:00 PM More reviews by hitiger

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Smells like paradise. Feels way oily. I love to mix it with a normal lotion so I get the scent but not the slick. I also love to put it on right before bed. I recently ran out and just thinking about the scent is making me want to rush to T.B.S. to buy another tub. YUM.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2003 10:30:00 AM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I found this one to be quite greasy and the scent was overwhelming--it, to me, resembles fake peaches, which is a scent I cannot stand, in candles or anything else! I'll stick to Nut or Olive body butters...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2003 7:45:00 PM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Very heavy, but moisturizing. Not creamy like the other scents. Heavily scented and since peachy/mango isn't a fav I'll use this one but won't buy again. I'm not knocking the product it's just that this particular scent isn't a fav. of mine.
Try for yourself though, you may like it. :-)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2003 8:46:00 AM More reviews by joannaB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

very greasy and emollient. funky yellow/orange color and meltable texture. leaves a shiny film on skin. makes it hard to get dressed afterwards until this stuff is absorbed. so it's not an everyday body lotion, but when you've soaked in the tub and want something with a delicious texture under your PJ's -- this is great. and you'll wake up with super soft skin. scent is not too bad.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2003 4:19:00 PM More reviews by zahirahnajma

This is probably the yummiest smelling body product i've ever smelled. My boyfrined thinks it smells like fresh peaches and I can see that too. It just smells GOOD. Also, I like the texture of the product, not as thick as I expected for a body butter but it moisturizes really well, some people that I have let have some say that it makes them too greasy, especially when you're trying to do something like drive or use a computer. But I love it and I don't mind being greasy. It does absorb into your skin, it just takes a while. I put on so much before bed that my pjs stick to me and i wake up feeling baby- smooth. But I also wake up craving a mango smoothie!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2003 1:34:00 AM More reviews by Killy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

REFORMULATED!!!

yummy mango smell, new creamy texture, lots of moisture, hardly any grease! Very unlike the old, yellow-vaseline stuff from days past. Go to your nearest BS and check it out!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2003 9:39:00 PM More reviews by MoonJelly

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Loved the Mango scent. Price is fair. Packaging cute. Buy this product if you like grease! It made my hands and elbows oil slicks! It would not soak in and I had to wash it off!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2003 7:54:00 PM More reviews by julieswahn

Had this for a bit and still love it, but upon recent purchase of "sweet orange" essential oil for body, I have begun to add a few drops to my scoop of Mango Body Butter and it gives it some real zip.

Actually, the reason I came up with this idea is because the essential oil was crappy on its own (needed to be mixed with something yet scent lasted no more than 5 mins even when straight oil!), and it seems to work with this scent of Body Butter very well.