The Body Shop Mango Body Butter

3.9

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Mango Seed Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Cocoa Butter, Glycerin, Cyclomethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Lanolin Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Xanthan Gum, Benzyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Amyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Benzoate, Limonene, Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium Hydroxide, Citral, Eugenol, Farnesol, Geraniol, Citronellol, Annatto

on 4/22/2003 11:04:00 AM

I love the smell of this butter. This particular "body butter" is the most like the texture of real butter than any others I've tried. That said - I love it. :oP It is great for my dry skin and gives my legs and arms a really nice sheen (AKA: GREEEEASE). It's especially pretty with a tan -- but don't apply it too soon after fake tanning, because it will mess with the setting of the color (learned that one the hard way!)

on 4/20/2003 2:37:00 AM

I use this product on my elbows and feet....it is wonderful!! Leaves my skin feeling soft and supple. The key is not to use too much...otherwise it will never absorb. The hint of mango is refreshing and isn't too powerful or fake.

on 3/23/2003 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love the way this product smells. Very yummy! I like how fast it melts in your hands, and a little goes a long way. Be careful not to use too much, or it can get a little greasy. Very moisturizing.... a great treat.

on 3/22/2003 7:47:00 PM

Loved the smell of this - it has a peachy-mango-ish smell to it that's absolutely divine - but wow, is this stuff ever greasy! It seems to leave an impermeable layer of yick on the skin, and doesn't feel very comfortable when one's thighs go sloshing together. Sometimes my legs get dry in the summer, but not sheesh, it's not like I'm planning on walking on the sun or anything. Decrease the oiliness factor in this, and TBS would have a great product!

on 3/19/2003 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have read about these butters for years, but I do not live around the Body Shop and have worked at BBW for 2 years now, so I never really checked the store out. I went on a trip yesterday and stumbled into the Body Shop with the intent of getting some Satsuma shower gel (bought some in London years ago and still yearned for the smell), and bought a mini-tub of Mango Body Butter. I LOVE THIS PRODUCT! I cannot believe I waited so long! I am converted! I am buying them on eBay as I type.

on 3/10/2003 8:30:00 PM

Smells like paradise. Feels way oily. I love to mix it with a normal lotion so I get the scent but not the slick. I also love to put it on right before bed. I recently ran out and just thinking about the scent is making me want to rush to T.B.S. to buy another tub. YUM.

on 2/26/2003 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I found this one to be quite greasy and the scent was overwhelming--it, to me, resembles fake peaches, which is a scent I cannot stand, in candles or anything else! I'll stick to Nut or Olive body butters...

on 2/16/2003 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Very heavy, but moisturizing. Not creamy like the other scents. Heavily scented and since peachy/mango isn't a fav I'll use this one but won't buy again. I'm not knocking the product it's just that this particular scent isn't a fav. of mine.
Try for yourself though, you may like it. :-)

on 2/13/2003 8:46:00 AM

very greasy and emollient. funky yellow/orange color and meltable texture. leaves a shiny film on skin. makes it hard to get dressed afterwards until this stuff is absorbed. so it's not an everyday body lotion, but when you've soaked in the tub and want something with a delicious texture under your PJ's -- this is great. and you'll wake up with super soft skin. scent is not too bad.

on 2/10/2003 4:19:00 PM

This is probably the yummiest smelling body product i've ever smelled. My boyfrined thinks it smells like fresh peaches and I can see that too. It just smells GOOD. Also, I like the texture of the product, not as thick as I expected for a body butter but it moisturizes really well, some people that I have let have some say that it makes them too greasy, especially when you're trying to do something like drive or use a computer. But I love it and I don't mind being greasy. It does absorb into your skin, it just takes a while. I put on so much before bed that my pjs stick to me and i wake up feeling baby- smooth. But I also wake up craving a mango smoothie!!

Top Rated The Body Shop Products