August 23, 2014 | 1378 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - # 239 Eye Shader Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2008 7:51:00 PM More reviews by sofabean

i LOVE this brush. It's incredibly soft and you can definitely tell that the quality of this eyeshadow brush outcompetes generic eyeshadow brushes. Applying eyeshadow with this brush is incredibly easy. It picks up the eyeshadow pigments extremely well so you aren't losing any color. I'd buy this brush again in a heart beat.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2008 1:59:00 AM More reviews by Peacelover18

This is pretty much the best brush in the world. It is soft, it picks up tons of color, it applies evenly. It's the most essential MAC eye brush there is. There are absolutely no downsides to this brush, except perhaps the $24.50 price tag. However, it's well worth it and it will last you forever. I'd definitely recommend this brush to anyone. I'll be buying a few more of these for myself as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2008 8:44:00 PM More reviews by snow_white_suicide

I have three of these - yes, thats how good this brush is! Sadly, one of them is a fake (damn Ebay!) But the other two are genuine. One large, one small. My large is a good 5 years old and is still going strong but its much better quality and softer than the newer version. It might be the size, but i doubt it.
Its great for packing on colour and helps to push the product around. A good size and a great one to start out with if you're a mac brush virgin :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2008 4:16:00 PM More reviews by ehang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The hairs fray easily. Its a good brush to pack on color, probably the best at MAC but i feel a lot of other brushes (even drugstore brands like he target line by sonia kashuk) can pack on better color. I like how its rounded though so you're not stuck with the flat ones that apply color only in a certain angle and a certain place. It can help blend out harsh lines too.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2008 2:13:00 AM More reviews by mlit2384

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The bristles are dense, flat and great for packing on color over the lid, this brush is a must have for me and I use it on a daily basis.. I find it very versatile and can use it for blending as well. A very good alternative is LC 3/8" round mop, they are both made of white goat hair and have virtually the exact same bristle hair cut and shape it sells for less than $4cnd and I use it for darker colors and the 239 for lighter ones.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2008 8:37:00 PM More reviews by CoonieR

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Like a few other users, I didn't get the hang of this brush at first. User error was definitely the cause, however, because once I realized that this is a good crease color brush I haven't reached for any other (well, at least for crease shading).

I'd tried using this to apply washes and color to my lid, but found that it didn't apply the color as broadly and as evenly as I'd hoped that it would. I promptly switched back to my 252 brush and put the 239 off to the side. Once I tried this to apply my crease color, I realized why some folks consider this a must-have brush. It works well at applying color in the crease--it picks up just enough e/s, applies color evenly and is pretty darn precise.

Would I buy this again? Not as a lid color brush. As a crease/highlighter e/s brush? Absolutely. I'm considering buying a second one, as this gets a lot of use.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2008 3:06:00 PM More reviews by ryver_wynd

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The lower rating for this brush could definitely be attributed to user error...but I just cannot get the hang of this brush. I keep reaching for the #217 after trying this brush to add more color to my lid. There is a lighter application of color with the #239, which would be good for building the color up. I'm just a swipe-and-go type of gal most mornings though! I'll keep trying, and reading reviews/boards here for tips...with such high reviews, I don't want to give up just yet! ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2008 12:56:00 PM More reviews by SnowJaz

A good shading brush. Picks up e/s especially well and best of all, it is soft yet firm but not hard. This brush also does a good job of packing on colours for e/s. Colours are more vibrant and intense when packed on. But it's too expensive, more expensive than #217. But I think this brush can last me a lifetime.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2008 9:24:00 AM More reviews by Katie5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great brush. It was the first MAC brush I ever bought and it is good for applying colour in a wash. I use it for very basic stuff really but it's definitely an essential brush, along with the 217.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2008 3:34:00 AM More reviews by abbazabba

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i have the SE one from holiday 07 heirlooms collection. i'm not sure if its just me, but the bristles feel a little rough on the skin. but overall i still love this brush as an all over eyelid color applicator. i use this to apply my paint pots as well