April 19, 2014 | 884 users online

Skincare - Face - Avene - Thermal Water

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2007 1:49:00 PM More reviews by pixielu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this! I use it before I put on my moisturiser, and also after shaving my legs, it really stops any irritation. Will definately repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/25/2007 10:32:00 AM More reviews by Broken_Princess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I know a lot of people love this stuff but it did nothing for me. It actually made my skin more red and irritated. Also it made my skin feel dryer after using it. I was using it as a toner after cleansing. I got mine from skincarerx.com, the small bottle is $10.00. Will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2007 9:08:00 PM More reviews by kdcs28

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this!! I bought it with the gel cleanser, and the two of them have completely cleared my very sensitive problematic skin. I spray it on after the cleanser, wait a few seconds, and then dab my skin with a tissue. I have hard water, so I think this is great as a final step after I wash my face

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2007 11:29:00 AM More reviews by mc82

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a very fine mist spray which I use in the summer to cool my skin and also after facial treatments to tone the skin. I took it on holiday and it was so much better then Magicool at keeping me cool. I know it just seems like water in a can, but it is very good for sensitive skin, and great to use instead of a toner. If I leave it lying about, everyone starts spraying it, and they love the refreshing quality. Have repurchased a few times now, as it is good essential item to have in your kit.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2007 2:19:00 PM More reviews by tanassa02

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

i read the reviews for this Thermal Water, and felt i had to try it immediately. I was looking for something that would spray an ultra fine mist, in order to 'set' my makeup in the morning while adding some much needed hydration to my face. I'm sad to say, Avene is not the product for that. The spray is way too heavy, such that one spray leaves pools of water on the face. Not good at all. If i wanted that, I'd use a regular spray bottle, which i found too heavy in the first place. Sure, it feels good, but for $10, i want exactly what i want. So i returned it to CVS within a couple days without a problem. So what did i get instead, the La Roche Posay Thermal Water. The mist is super fine on this one. Even after spraying 4-5 times, my face is a sopping mess. Hard to go wrong with the La Roche version.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2007 12:10:00 AM More reviews by msgrape

Great product....wish it wasn't so expensive and hard to find. I started using this in the morning after I washed my face. One week later and I am obsessed with this stuff spraying my face at night too and sometimes in the middle of the day! Just makes my sensitive skin calm down and feels hydrated and nice.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2007 7:24:00 PM More reviews by Wonder78

Great product for sensitive skin. I got this from my doctor when my skin got irratated to some stuff I was using. It clams my skin whenever I spray it on. Thermal water is a must for people with sensitive skin. I use it as a toner now and whenever my skin misbehave. It's also good to spray it on to prevent irratation and inflammatory when your skin got too hot under the sun.
Another fact about thermal water is that it is more hydranting than most of toner out there. wow. The only down side of this product maybe the package. I understand thermal spring water have to pack in the air tight bottle. However, it annoys me everytime that I cannot spray out the last few dropsat the end of the bottle .

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2007 11:02:00 PM More reviews by ocmommy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was skeptical, I will admit.

I mean, it's water. In a can. How amazing could it be?

Pretty darn amazing, lemme tell you!

Before we get started, let me tell you what sets this apart from other canned waters: the amount of sodium. Seriously. Spray one hand with the Avene and one hand with Evian, the ket them dry. Now lich the back of both hands. See? The Evian hand tasts like a salty mess, and the Avene hand tastes like...well, hand. :)

Sodium applied to skin will dehydrate, so this would be a bad thing. The Avene water has a liberal amount of silica, which is softening and smoothing. That would be a good thing. :D

Good stuff. Also, you can literally spray this right into your mouth. There is nothing nasty in there, just water and natural gas to compress it.

I use this to soothe diaper rash, set my makeup, balance my skin after a shower, and I have even used it at the playground to remove dirt from a scraped knee...just get the water spray really close, to give maximum water pressure.

I have no less than 4 bottles going at a time, stashed all over. :) continued >>

17 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2007 12:35:00 PM More reviews by rosenbud

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was lucky to come across the 150ml bottle on clearance sale at Boots for 1, so I thought it would be a shame not to try it, especially at the bargain cost of a pound!!
The Thermal water is so versatile, I use it to freshen up, as a toner, to set my make-up, when I do a face mask I can add extra moisture.
The spritz is good, you get a nice distribution of moisture.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2007 9:29:00 PM More reviews by tetrakis

This is such a treat for my rosacea. I use this every day when I wash my face and to set my make-up or soothe my skin when it's irritated. Very cooling, helps calm my skin down when I get a flare up. This is not "just water in a bottle" like many people will tell you. Scientific studies show that it affects the immune cells in the skin and helps calm inflammation. Everyone in my extended family who has sensitive skin uses this. See a list of scientific evidence here: http://www.aveneusa.com/clindata/default.asp?product=thermal_spring

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No