Avene Thermal Water

4.2

Bicarbonate 226.7 mg/l, Silica 10.6 mg/l, Calcium 42.7 mg/l, Magnesium 21.2 mg/l, Selenium <5 microgr/l, Zinc 20 microgr/l, Copper <5 microgr/l. Dry residue mineral content 207 mg/l. Neutral pH 7.5

on 4/16/2008 11:04:00 AM

I purchased this prodcut after I strayed from Avene to try some Dermalogica products. I had a terrible reaction, my skin was rough, flaky, red and sore. I had not tried the water before, but decided to give it a shot for it's claim to calm and reduce redness. I openend it immediately and sprayed my sore face, and it quickly calmed my skin. To me it also toned down redness as well. I've continued to use it for about two weeks now and love the results.

on 3/28/2008 2:13:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a great product and can be used as a toner (or pre-toner :), face refresher during the day, makeup setter and even help with dry itchy skin!! I spray this on my face every morning and night after cleansing and after putting my makeup on. It's an especially great refresher during the summer when it's almost 115F and YES I will buy again!

on 3/19/2008 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I found this product to be beneficial during the harsh summer months, when my sensitive/combo skin warps into oil slick/red blotch/desert patch territory. It calms down my skin and works well with the Avene Optimale Legere facial lotion.

I am really enjoying using this product. I mosly use it to tone/soothe may face after cleansing. I spray onto a large cotton pad and wipe over my face. It feels cooling and soothing and is great if you have irritated areas. I use it after having facial peels or microdermabrasions too. I'm sure this is soothing the red areas of my complexion. A lovely inexpensive product.

on 3/11/2008 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

this product does absolute nothing for me, it's just water, and i refuse to pay again 8€ (or something like that) for just 150ml of plain water.

now i'm using "moisture surge face spray" (clinique) and it's much better, it actually calms and moisturizes my skin.

on 3/10/2008 9:21:00 AM

My skin loves it initially. It helps calm my inflammed pimples when I have breakouts. But after using it for a few weeks, my skin hates it, I started to have more clogged pores, so I have to ditch it for another brand.

on 3/9/2008 9:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Update 1/20/13: I have found this product very useful. As I am now retired and wash my face after the gym in the morning, it is useful to spray it on before I apply serums, moisturizer and sunscreen in preparation for going to the gym. I also spritz it on after makeup application. It makes my skin glow and it prevents my foundation and powder from looking too heavy. Finally, it is very refreshing to spritz it on on my rare vacation beach days.

I'm on the fence about this. I think the only way I will know if it does anything is if I take a break from it. Next month I have to go on a business trip and will probably not schlep it with. Although, that may not be a great test since the trip is to Denver which I think is a lot drier than Philly.

I do like the fine mist. It feels great. I bought this product b/c I thought I needed to rinse away whatever is bad for skin about Philly tap water after cleansing at night or showering in the AM. But, my skin, which does not normally get irritated even after Renova application, looks about the same.

on 3/9/2008 3:24:00 AM

I’ve just purchased this thermal water together with Eluage (which I’m about to start). I used Evian water before, and I thought it was pretty good before starting with this Avene water. But boy…. Have I been wrong….What a difference!!!! This truly instantly soothes!!!! It is a fine mist that my skin soaks up pretty fast, and feels very calming!

I’ve been lucky at keeping my facial redness at minimum using other products, but adding this to my routine completely erased my redness! I went from bright red to “flushed” using some great stuff. But when I added this Thermal Water, in just three days I’m completely flush free! I am positive it is this particular product that has done it, as it is the only new addition to my regimen! I use it after I cleanse, both morning and evening. I also add a spritz here and there, because it is so lovely. I have found my HG! Wonderful product!
UPDATE: (3/21) Yup........ still working wonders!!! Loving it!!!

on 3/1/2008 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I own several cans of this and they are sprinkled all over my house. This is an essential part of my make-up routine. I use this to set both my mineral foundation (Lumiere) and blush. Apply make-up and spritz. Dewey, not pasty dry like some MM can leave me all by itself. I also use this to spray my face after I get out of the shower. It really DOES help to minimize redness brought on by break-outs. Another plus to this product is it doesn't "crystalize" on my face like some other spray water stuff I have tried. The SA at London Drugs says thats because it has less salt than those other waters. Another thing this product is great at is soothing irritated skin brought on by shaving/waxing. It's very expensive, about $19 in Canada but LD has a special running a while back that was 'spend $30 on Avene products and get a free Cold Cream facial cleanser" <---- MY HG! So all in all I am stocked with thermal water and got a great cleanser to boot. Check for those kind of sales at LD they happen quite frequently.

on 3/1/2008 1:31:00 AM

I looooove this product! I spray on as a toner after I cleanse but it is lovely over makeup as well, freshens up the face. I use the large 300ml can which is about $21 (Australian) and lasts me several months, I use it twice a day. One thing I want to mention is that a sales assistant, who was helping me with some Avene products, once told me never to shake the can, which really surprised me because I automatically shake any can before spraying. I can't remember exactly why but it makes it difficult for the water to spray out, or something like that. Now I don't know if it was my imagination but when I stopped shaking the can I found that the water sprayed out easier and the can lasted longer.

ps. this is my first review, how cool!

Popular Face Skincare Products