April 21, 2014 | 1816 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 7/16/2013 2:37:00 AM More reviews by mjhicks

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My skin-type: acne-prone, prone to clogged pores, on the sensitive side.

Initially I loved this foundation. The pump and packaging is delightful! It comes out very easily. I used a little bit of face lotion in it, just mixing it together in my hands because I thought the texture was a little heavy for my taste. It has great medium/heavy coverage, depending on the amount you use and if you top it off with a little powder foundation. I personally felt no need for cover-up or primer while using this which was terrific! A few weeks in though, my pores on my cheeks and forehead were clogged and inflamed. I thought it was simply hormonal but this lasted through my period and into my next cycle. I did some research and found out that the ingredient which provides the SPF 15 actually is comedonegenic which I was far from happy about! I've stopped using this and have switched to Almay's Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup which I will review in a few weeks time.

Conclusion: A great foundation for those with clear skin. People who should avoid this product are those cursed with acne/comedone prone skin and whose pores are either large or prone to clogs. Good luck!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2013 8:30:00 AM More reviews by sheyronix

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wow I finally found "the one" ever since I was 13 Ihad greasy skin, pimples, big pores blackheads etc so I stuck with mac I was using mac for years I'd try others along the way but always seem to go back to mac. It's very hard to find my color because I'm olive with more of a yellow base. So a lot of the foundations I would try from neutrogina, Revlon, loreal, smashbox, bare minerals ( which I hate )all of those had a lot of pink undertones which I hate repeat...HATE. that's why I'd go back to mac because they had the color I liked and matches. Well mac covered hood especially scars I use to have...there was a lot of downfalls. Within 2 hours I'd get way greasy the make up would seperate look blotchy and just sol gross! And my pores would look bigger it wasn't attractive. I hated it well I got so sick of it I was at rite aid one day and I had saw this foundation it had just came out and it caught ny eye that none of them had that pink undertone and it had concealer and primer. What more could u ask for so I got my color I mix the tan with the warm beige. Even though it had primer I use primer before applying to give it a extra kick. I use mac all purpose brush one that has white hair in the end then I apply. Omg its amazing it applys easy build your coverage and then after I just use a light setting mineral powder from mac and finish with a mac finishing spray. I have gotten way more compliments the make up looks so flawless and healthy looking and I don't need 2 blot every 30 sec maby once through out the whole day. And to me, it last longer then mac. I never thought I'd find a 7$ foundation that works so perfect comparing to a 24$ foundation that made me Look... Cakey make up job gone bad lol I've saved a lot of $ don't get me wrong I love mac and use a lot of it, just not the foundation anymore. For covergirl and ds product its pretty amazing I looooove it and I'm so picky with my make up. And now that I use that my skin has become clear ans more radiant. I will always use this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2013 9:39:00 PM More reviews by neonnbutterflies

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great foundation. Contains not only foundation, but primer and a concealer. So the price is worth it. Pros - Buildable. It's got a pump. Good coverage. Doesn't cake up. Cons - Doesn't exactly have the coverage of a concealer. Gets oily after 6-8 hours if not set with a powder. More expensive than an average foundation. Overall- it's a great foundation and I'd recommend it. Definitely worth the price. Tip - i apply it with my Kabuki E.L.F. brush and set it with Stay Matte Rimmel pressed powder. Stays matte and non oily for a good 6/7 hours.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/14/2013 1:58:00 PM More reviews by Lolo031082

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's ok. I have to use 3 pumps to get full coverage.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2013 11:40:00 AM More reviews by composure

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm on my second bottle of this. I don't normally give in to new products so I waited patiently till everyone got their hands on this and reviewed it. I was skeptical at first about the claims but it has truly been a product I go to everyday. I have oily and acne-prone skin that is rather sensitive, my skin does not like most products. This product not only has great medium to full coverage, it has good staying power (I pair it with a primer and a setting spray, as I do with everything else). I do not find that it breaks me out and it seems to set a little dark than it applies. Not a huge difference though. As it claims to be able to act as a concealer, it does well except for under eye circles. I have scarring from past acne but no new breakouts, and this usually fools people in thinking I have great skin, thank you CG, did not expect this. This is a little heavy for the summer, but otherwise I'd use it all year round. My only gripe is when you get to the bottom of the foundation bottle, you can't pump it out anymore so I'd have to stick my finger in as the consistency of it doesn't allow it to pour out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2013 11:18:00 AM More reviews by nola80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I didn't want to believe a drugstore foundation could possibly be this amazing . Past experiences always proved the higher the price, the better the quality. I'm in the color Golden Tan (nc 42) and it's nearly a perfect color match, medium coverage, blends well and the lasting power is the best I've experienced. The only thing that keeps this from being perfect is that it lacks the second skin look I love in MAC's Face and Body, but I'm on the second bottle, so I can certainly overlook that.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2013 4:04:00 PM More reviews by celestialjas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been a MAC/Urban Decay girl for 5+ years..... But I have NEVER received so many compliments on my makeup since trying this brand (it's literally multiple times PER DAY!). Even the MAC gals asked me which foundation I use because my face "looked flawless" - ironically, I had to tell them it was good ol' covergirl! Lol.

I felt guided to try this new 3-in-1 foundation as an "in-between" ... and OMFG! It is amazing! I was literally (and still am) blown away by the wonderful coverage and excellent finish. I read another review that this foundation has little coverage... I couldn't disagree more, I felt the coverage was excellent - and I am a HEAVY coverage make up person.

COVERAGE: I find the coverage very comparable to MAC Studio Fix, if you were to mix with it a bit of moisturizer... it's not AS stark in its coverage but I have not been as happy with a foundation's coverage since MAC... and that says A LOT!! I use 2-3 pumps to cover my face (yeah I love coverage!) and it thickens up quite quickly as you rub, not keeping you rubbing for what feels like forever! It is non-streaky too and sets up fast.

I find it incredibly blendable... I think this is might be where people get that is sheer.... if you use 1 pump it blends incredibly beautifully... no steaks or blotchiness.. and goes on sheer, as anything would if you use little enough! I use 2-3 pumps in one go, and I also have ZERO blotchiness. :)

COLOUR: In MAC, I generally wear NC 35 - which was very good for my olive skin tone. In Outlast, I wear "Golden Tan" - but I do have a bit of a tan right now so I think it may be dark if you are NC 35. It blends great with my skin tone... I know lots of olive gals have major problems with pinkiness from cheaper brands...not here!

PREP/FINISH: I wear Maybelline's primer right now - which miraculously does not break me out (unlike Smashbox which gave my cystic acne!!!!) - and goes wonderfully with this Outlast even though this is a 3-In-1... why not? I finish with CoverGirl's basic pressed powder in Buff Beige (yeah very light for me but I can then control my face's tan with bronzers, etc.). I find the pressed powder a bit too pink...but that's for another review! All in all this foundation is amazing!

PRICE: I bought mine for $12.99 at London Drugs...that same week I went to MAC and bought the NC35 for $35 bucks...I decided to dab each on my arm and leave it for a day. Needless to say, by the end of the week, I returned my MAC stuff! I am switching over! :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2013 11:36:00 PM More reviews by Lilil95

This foundation has amazing coverage and staying power while still being easy to remove and I love the pump! I think it broke me out a little though :(

rated 2 of 5 on 7/11/2013 2:00:00 PM More reviews by artsypirate

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was a huge disappointment for me. After staying away from cover girls foundations for a good 5 years I picked this up because my maybelline fit me in the darkest shade was starting to look slightly ashy on my summer tan. The color of this is perfect but the coverage is a joke. As in it's just barely pigmented and I'm not into heavy coverage foundations at all. I've tried applying this with different brushes and just using my hands. Either way has the exact same result: I still look bare faced and not even my lighter blemishes are covered. I see there are a lot of positive reviews for this so maybe I got a bad bottle or something.

I do like the packaging and wish more drugstore brands would adopt a pump bottle. I didn't really appreciate the $11 price tag though especially since it didn't live up to the hype.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/9/2013 6:05:00 PM More reviews by Lovespice

Decided to try something new after running out of one of my favorite foundations, and concealer. When I first applied this foundation I was awed. The coverage was amazing. I only needed to apply the foundation and then apply a setting powder. I didn't need any concealer or other coverage. It was very light-weight, and was not greasy at all. Which is what I loved about it. Yet, as the day went on, the foundation starting to oxidize. Certain areas of the applied foundation were much more darker than the overall foundation. Such as the t-zone, and jawline.

I still loved the coverage though, so I gave it a few more times. Unfortunately, it stayed the same.The packaging is good and the price is not expensive at all, but I think this foundation will be in the bottom of my makeup box until it either expires or I run out of foundation and have no money to replace it. I will not be repurchasing.