L'Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

3.3

on 12/29/2012 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Of all of the BB Creams I have tried, and it has only been a few, I do like this one best. It's light and feels nice on the skin. I did however use it up fairly quickly and the cost has deterred me from jumping right out and buying another tube especially with so many others popping up on the market, I have wanted to try out some others.

on 12/29/2012 12:33:00 PM

I thought this smelled like paint, and was about the same as paint in consistency. I put it on my face, had a tiny bit of stinging, which wasn't too bad and I could have overlooked. But it felt a bit heavy, and it looked orange. I bought the lightest shade. I took a Kleenex to try and wipe some off, so that it would feel better on my skin, and the Kleenex was very orange. I'm not really into orange skin.

It's a pass for me.

on 12/29/2012 1:35:00 AM

I love the BB Cream to cover my large size pores underneath my eyes. I wouldn't use this product by itself, so I always use a foundation on top of it. It really helps to even out the redness of my skin.

I love the elegant packaging it comes in. I was pretty confused when it came out white since i didnt even purchase it in the lightest shade... The beads are pretty grainy but it blends quickly so the grainy feel is gone as soon as its blended. I love how natural it looks and made my skin look flawless and it evened out my skin tone. It has very sheer coverage but i have no acne at all and no blemishes or red areas... But it does nothing for my eye bags. But this product looks great and feels like you arent wearing anything at all. I love it!

I was wanting to try a drugstore BB cream, and since Maybelline was not available at my drugstore and I was feeling impatient, I bought this instead.

I like this product. I've read some bad reviews of it on here (I didn't check before buying), mostly about it oxidizing in the wrong skin tone, but for me the Light one matches perfectly. The scent smells very chemical-y, which scares me because I'm putting it on my skin, but it's a lot lighter than any foundation. I don't see a dramatic difference in my skin after putting it on, but it does "blur imperfections" as advertised, and my blush and concealer stay on longer when I use it as a primer.

Overall, I don't love it enough to repurchase, but I don't think it deserves all the bad reviews. I like the consistency and it matches my skin well.

on 12/24/2012 6:39:00 PM

Let me start out by saying that, for the most part, I have oily skin. But I also get some dry patches. I liked this product for the most part, but it's just not for my skin type. The price is good. It starts out grey-ish but blends in well. I used my fingers to apply. However, with my combination/oily skin, it was not the right fit. On the dry patches, it made my skin peel. But on my t-zone it got super oily really fast. It evened out my skin tone well and for the most part covered a few big zits. But when I did break out, I'd also need to use some concealer with it. I have acne prone skin and it made me break out with little zits on t-zone, so I only use it for special events until I find a new one. It was a good product, but not for my skin type.

on 12/20/2012 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I have Rosacea and prior to using this product I apply Finacea.
I find that it covers the unevenness very naturally as I have many scars from acne and blemish spots. At first I was taken aback a bit by the color prior to application however my skin is medium dark and the green tint reduces the redness. It felt very light and smooth. I applied Physicias Formula Mineralwear powder afterwards and found that it gave my skin a very nice matte look. Usually my skin oils up after about 3 hrs of application but this didn't. I have used pricier BB creams and they didn't come close to doing anything but made me break out.
I am very happy with this product and will continue to monitor it to see how my rosacea reacts to it and hopefully it will be a keeper!

on 12/19/2012 2:20:00 PM

I have pretty light skin, so I got the light version. It isn't "light" at all! It turned out orange on my skin and looked cakey. It's not very moisturizing either. It did feel light and didn't weigh down my skin, but overall I wouldn't recommend this.

After testing the BB Cream in the store I was so fascinated with the color change and overall it looked and was marketed as something innovative and revolutionary, I just couldn't resist getting it. The larger the expectations the bigger the disappointment. The color I got was in Fair and after applying it it oxidized so much that I was really left looking like I had just applied something a good 2-3 shades darker than I was supposed to. What I can say however is that it blends out nicely, but for some reason the overall result just comes out splotchy. I regret buying it and do would not recommend it.

on 12/18/2012 11:48:00 AM

Really oxidized after a few minutes on skin, looked quite orange on my skin, even though i had purchased the one for lightest one. This was surprising as I loved the L'oreal true match foundation when younger, though drying it was one of the few drug store makeups that could match my fair skin tone. However with this product i am Very disappointed overall. I felt that the tube was not full to start with, even though it had been sealed. I thought the formula was quite drying, and seemed to go patchy after about 30 mins of wearing. Invisible (not in a good way) after about an hour. Wore about twice and sitting in the back of my make-up drawer ever since. Would not recommend, save your money!