L'Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

3.3

After testing the BB Cream in the store I was so fascinated with the color change and overall it looked and was marketed as something innovative and revolutionary, I just couldn't resist getting it. The larger the expectations the bigger the disappointment. The color I got was in Fair and after applying it it oxidized so much that I was really left looking like I had just applied something a good 2-3 shades darker than I was supposed to. What I can say however is that it blends out nicely, but for some reason the overall result just comes out splotchy. I regret buying it and do would not recommend it.

on 12/18/2012 11:48:00 AM

Really oxidized after a few minutes on skin, looked quite orange on my skin, even though i had purchased the one for lightest one. This was surprising as I loved the L'oreal true match foundation when younger, though drying it was one of the few drug store makeups that could match my fair skin tone. However with this product i am Very disappointed overall. I felt that the tube was not full to start with, even though it had been sealed. I thought the formula was quite drying, and seemed to go patchy after about 30 mins of wearing. Invisible (not in a good way) after about an hour. Wore about twice and sitting in the back of my make-up drawer ever since. Would not recommend, save your money!

on 12/17/2012 7:02:00 PM

I normally don't wear foundation on a daily basis, so I decided to try this BB cream. I didn't like how it came out white and them adjusted to whatever tone you bought. I felt like I had applied way too much because I couldn't see where it was going until the colour actually developed.
It felt nice on my face for the first few hours, then it turned excessively greasy on my T-zone about 5 hours later.
The coverage was sheer as expected. Next time I will just go with a tinted moisturizer.

on 12/17/2012 9:25:00 AM

ORIGINAL REVIEW: From reading all the reviews of this product it would seem that I have a faulty batch. I bought the Fair shade for my very pale skin. I didn't try this shade on my hand in the store when I bought it, but I did try the Light. This was too dark, but did apply smoothly and felt very creamy. However, when it came to trying this Fair one, the color I expected when I rubbed this into my skin did not happen. Instead, the cream stayed pure white and the beads did not break spreading color pigment. I had a ghostly white face with what looked like gravel all over it. I had no pigment at all in this product, not one bit. I tried it on cleansed skin with no moisturizer, cleansed skin with thick moisturizer, rubbing this furiously into the back of my hand, my neck, my inner wrist, my shins (I was getting desperate and thought that maybe a change of skin temperature might yield the color pigment). Alas, nothing. What I bought what a gritty white cream. Very disappointed, and even though I'm sure it is the product at fault and not my desperate attempts to make this work I still wouldn't buy again. **UPDATE** Ok so it was a bad batch that I bought! As soon as I tried this one I knew it would be fabulous. My skin looks perfected without looking like I am wearing makeup. It looks amazing! Even over my sunscreen, which can make any makeup shiny, this gives a beautiful semi matte finish. It doesn't cover much but I only need a tiny bit of concealer afterwards. Loving this so much, it has replaced a lot of foundations for me. I really don't like to apply things with my fingers but this does look amazing. I would highly recommend trying this, and if you get a bad batch then don't give up! continued >>

on 12/10/2012 11:31:00 PM

I don't really wear foundation because I feel it's too heavy for my face, but I do mainly need to even out skin tone to be able to put on the rest of my make up with a clean canvas. And I find this product works very well and does it job for me. It is quite pigmented and I don't really find it orange like other people say. I don't use a lot of it but just enough to even out my complexion. I use the color medium and I find it covers pretty well, but I'll need to put a bit of concealer on any blemishes I have. Overall really like it and would definitely buy again!

on 12/10/2012 10:01:00 PM

This product had so much so potential to be awesome considering it applied smoothly, didn't irritate my face, and I only needed a small amount of product. Unfortunately it had one major flaw, which would be the fact that once it was applied it turned orange. Maybe I wouldn't have minded so much if I was part Oompa-Loompa or a cast member of the Jersey Shore, however since I am neither this BB cream gets a thumbs down from me. Considering the color seems to be a fairly common complaint hopefully L'Oreal will take this into consideration and change it.

on 12/10/2012 11:42:00 AM

I love this. I never wear foundation because it never looks natural on me, but this looks pretty natural AND evens my skin tone perfectly. I wear it every day.

on 12/8/2012 11:03:00 PM

I LOVE this product! It's very good if you have pigmentation problems because it covers scars up pretty nicely (with a little concealer) and it's good for oily skin since it doesn't wipe off very easily. BUT, it's very important that you only put ONE small layer of it on your face. I was wearing it at school one day (i guess i put on too much that day) and one of my friends said that my face looked a little orange. Now, i was using the medium shade which matched my skin tone pretty well except the BB cream itself has slight yellowish/orange tint to it that you don't notice unless you put on too much. Even though my skin is tan, it has more of a peach/pink undertone than yellow. If you have a pinkish undertone like me, BE CAREFUL. And if you're to paranoid that you will put too much on then you're better off using Maybelline's bb cream or an asian brand like SKIN79

on 12/7/2012 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Love this stuff! Good coverage. Great for oily skin. Very minimal touch ups. Stays fresh and matches skin tones amazing if applied correctly. Will re purchase for sure. Gives a great matte finish and looks very natural not cakey at all. HG for sure.

on 12/6/2012 8:33:00 PM

I am really liking this product! I like the color (fair), like the texture, like how it has no spf, and it offers just enough coverage. I will repurchase :)