Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

Polybutene , Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2 , Tridecyl Trimellitate , Octyldodecanol , PETROLATUM, Hydrogenated Polydecene , Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate , Jojoba , Polyethylene , Ozokerite , Cetyl PEG , PPG-10 , 1 Dimethicone , Calcium Sodium Borosilicate , Hexyl Laurate , Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate , Beeswax, Zinc Ricinoleate , Squalane , Silica , Shea Butter , Butter Mango , Palmitoyl Oligopeptide , TOCOPHEROL ACETATE, Coconut Oily, Synthetic Wax , Ethylhexyl Palmitate , Dimethicone , Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer , Isodecyl Neopentanoate , Tribehenin , Sorbitan Isostearate , Fragrance , BHT , Caprylyl Glycol , 1,2 Hexanediol , May Contain: Mica , Titanium Dioxide (CI,77891) , Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499) , Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140) , Red 7 Lake (CI 15850:1) , Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985) , Red 33 Lake (CI 17200) , Carmine (CI 75470) , Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090) , Red 6 Lake (CI 15850)

on 6/30/2012 8:37:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I would highly recommend the darker shades of these - they are very pigmented and moisturising and I find they last a long time for what they are. When they do fade, I find they leave a subtle stain which is handy since it means you don't need to reapply like crazy.
The lighter shades though are very sheer from what I could tell and not worth the money. They are basically a slightly tinted lip balm that is not as moisturising as a lip balm...
I've got these in Pink Truffle and Raspberry Pie and I'm very happy with both, but Pink Truffle would have to be my favourite and I've already repurchased it :) Great day to day colour in my opinion!

on 6/29/2012 3:07:00 PM

Highly recommend it--the color payoff is great. I hate lipsticks and gloss for everyday wear--this is a great in-between kind of product. I got 025-Peach Parfait which I thought would be a good nude color but it actually has some shimmer in it which was surprising. It even leaves a minty feel afterward! I had to search high and low for this color and noticed how quickly this product goes off the shelf!

on 6/28/2012 8:02:00 PM

Am adding my praise to the Lip Butter line. Am already on my second tube of Berry Smoothie - a great all-purpose color, and also have Sugar Plum and Peach Parfait. I normally look awful in anything with even a hint of orange, so the Peach is my HG of this type. These are soft and need to be reapplied often, as other MUers have noted, so try to pick these up on sale or w/a coupon.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

It's a really nice "opaque" lip balm, honestly I don't really get the hype around this product because I've had sooooo many products just like it but I guess people are obsessed with it for the price, because all of the ones I've had are expensive....... However I absolutely love the glossiness of this product I tend to hate gloss because it's messy but this is sooo nice or that purpose because it's not sticky!

on 6/20/2012 3:28:00 PM

I was pleasantly surprised that I liked these more than I thought I would. I have Peach Parfait and like it as a sheer and casual lip color.
I personally prefer more color payoof, but for the price, I do like it.
The wear is short, but I expected that.
Plus, I like reapplying lip products, since I rarely use stuff up anyway!

I rarely if ever use DS lip products except for lip pencils. I might try a couple of other shades...

on 6/20/2012 12:54:00 AM

Favorite drugstore lip product of all time

on 6/18/2012 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I just picked up the Strawberry Shortcake lip butter and it looks great on me. It's a nice pink on my practically white skin.
I however did not like the price. $8.99 Canadian :( I could have bought something else, but since i like the product, it's not so bad.
It's very creamy so I'll have to be careful and not let it melt.
The packaging is also very cheap, but it is kind of cute.

on 6/17/2012 3:28:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

i love these, i have all the colors, some are sheer for a glossy nude look, while others are quite pigmented yet still feel like lip balm, revlon makes great lip products and these are my favorite so far

on 6/17/2012 2:57:00 AM

I have Creamsicle and Lollipop.
CREAMSICLE- A very light peachy pink nude. Very unique and very pretty on the lips.. would work best on women with lighter skin tones but who am I to decide. :) (Ladies I think this is great especially for days when you don't want to look like you tried too hard or are just staying at home wanting to still look subtly sexy for the hubby)

LOLLIPOP- omgoodnessss I just really like this color too. It's a berry/fuschia pink that is somehow very wearable. Brightens up the entire face and makes you look healthy and SEXY to the max.

In my experience, they aren't overly soft... so unless you live in a sauna I wouldn't worry about it smushing. Packaging is cute, price is ok... u gotta try them :)

on 6/16/2012 9:18:00 PM

These lipbutters were so hyped out last year. I don't think they were overhyped, per se; I just think that their flaws weren't given enough attention. I purchased the colors Strawberry Shortcake, Peach Parfait, and Lollipop. When I applied Lollipop, it looked very dark and almost vampy; Peach Parfait looked great, even though it's kind of a glitterbomb; and I still use Strawberry Shortcake because of how beautiful a pink it is against my NW35 skin. Here's the thing; the bullet is so soft. It likes to spin around in the tube so the shape isn't facing the correct way... If you press down too hard on it, the entire thing breaks or comes off. And because of the way the packaging is, it's really easy to nick the cap on the lip product and completely ruin it because the bullet is just SOOOO. SOFT. Some shades are way more pigmented than others, true, but they all have good pigmentation and supply you with the right amount of color, shine, and moisture.

Popular Lipsticks