Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

3.4

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (0.5%).Inactive Ingredients: Butylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium EDTA, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Fragrance, Glycerin, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein, PEG-16 Soy Sterol, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium C14-C16 Olefin 1 Sorbitol, Water, Xanthan Gum.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I first discovered this product over a year ago and still continue to use it daily and nightly. It is one of the best cleansers I have ever used. I have somewhat sensitive and acne-prone skin, so there are not many cleansers out there that work for me, but this one did. It's hypo-allergenic, which is GREAT for those who have sensitive skin and are allergic to things. Plus, it has extracts of soy to help even out the skin tone. It squeezes out into a nice foam. The only drawback is that I have to use about four or five pumps to get my face clean --- to rid it of oil and make up. But, now my face is completely clear (used with a glycolic acid toner, Clindamycin, and a birth control pill) and I do believe that this cleanser has something to do with it!

on 2/22/2005 5:32:00 PM

This is a decent cleanser that has helped keep my skin clear but can sometimes make my skin a little dry.

on 2/18/2005 8:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Aveeno products are in general a very reliable range. They are great for sensitive skin, which is why i do like this cleanser. I have extremely sensitive skin, and this cleanser if one of few that contains salicylic that does not irritate my skin. I experience mild breakouts, and this product does not completely clear it up or perform any miracles, but it does not irritate or make the spots worse ... it is not drying to other areas of my skin that are not as oily...the packaging is awful and the pump breaks easily, and the foam is hard to wash off if too much is applied. But all of this being said, i would re-purchase.

on 1/28/2005 10:41:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have combo skin (more oily than dry), and using this in conjunction with a mild beta hydroxy (Philosophy's hope in a jar) caused my facial skin to burn and peel- quite badly. Lesson learned.

on 1/11/2005 1:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love the smell of aveeno products. I thought I would give this face wash a try for winter. It's a really mild cleanser but doesn't take my make up off like the skin brightening cleanser. I would like to try the soap bar foam next time I am shopping for a skin cleanser. I think there are products that are far superior to this one.

on 1/8/2005 5:28:00 AM

I have used other Aveeno products that are great but this one isn't. Doesn't clear up my breakouts or prevent them and I hardly wear makeup. Actually sometimes makes my skin drier and redder. This may work for some people but not for me. I do have to say it is light and refreshing and feels like my skin was cleaned. I also used the clear complexion daily moisturizer (the pump broke twice on me) Don't think I would purchase either again. There might be better products out there than this. Do look at other Aveeno products, just because this one doesn't work doesn't mean others won't.

on 1/6/2005 6:23:00 PM

I'm a dude and I must say that this has been my favorite cleanser for some time now. It gives a nice, easy lather and it doesn't dry my face like many of the noxema's, neutrogena's, cetaphil (yes, even cetaphil), clean & clear, etc.. I do enjoy aveeno's products.

on 1/1/2005 11:32:00 PM

this product was good. i think it would be great for those who wear no makeup because it is a very light foamy cleanser. i liked it, but not enough to buy it again.

on 12/21/2004 8:36:00 PM

This wash stripped my face. Extremely drying!! Luckily my friend gave me her bottle to test out.

on 11/27/2004 12:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like this cleanser. It doesn't dry out my face, give me a rash, more zits, blackheads, or sting. Having had cystic acne since I was 10, I've tried a *lot* of cleansers. I think that's really saying something.

It didn't completely clear my face up, but I don't think there is a product that exists that can. It does help, though. It's fairly cheap, and can be found almost everywhere. Will buy this product again.