December 21, 2014 | 1664 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2012 6:57:00 AM More reviews by GeorginaConway

For an everyday foundation I usually use the Clinique super-balanced makeup foundation, however my skin has been prone to breakouts recently, therefore I decided to look for a new everyday foundation. I came across this foundation watching Lisa Eldridge's makeup tutorials, claiming it was rich in vitamins and leaves skin looking radiant. I bought this foundation in shade 53, which matches my NW20 skin perfectly and I was amazed after first application at how flawless it made my skin look, you couldn't even tell I was wearing any! I've been using it for over 2 weeks now and my skin has totally cleared up and looks a lot healthier. I haven't found any flaws as of yet, but at £11 i'd say that for an every day foundation, its a bargain!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2012 2:52:00 PM More reviews by neonoire

I'm really gutted about this one, because I love the finish and it's a pretty good color match for my skin, but after a few first months of use, I think it's breaking me out. It's probably the scent (people say this is a dupe for Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua and that one broke me out as well).

It also doesn't last very long (even though I don't wear a primer), and at the end of the day it seems to settle in imperfections. It's great for my combination skin in the winter, though, as it's very moisturizing. It's also very easy to blend, I use the Sephora Mineral Powder foundation brush and it leaves a seamless application, light/medium buildable coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2012 11:38:00 AM More reviews by tinybucket

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this stuff it gives light coverage (it also says so on the bottle, so no surprises there) and gives my skin a nice even fresh look. It's not dewy or anything (which I would like) but it doesn't make it super matte either. I have fair skin and chose the fairest shade and when I put it on my skin before blending it looks as if it is too dark, but once it is blended it fits really well. I love the smell of this product and the packaging is very nice too. It looks though as if it doesn't contain a lot of product which is misleading because of the skinny bottle. It cost me 13.50 euro in Europe which is a good price I'm willing to pay. Would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2012 3:57:00 AM More reviews by Mandy76

Very impressed by this foundation, it goes on like a dream. I never wear foundation, I alway opt for either tinted moisturiser or bb cream, but I had heard lots of good things about this and while it was on offer I decided to give it a whirl and I am very glad I did. Went to a gig last night, got in late forgot to take my make up off and its still in place this morning, a big thumbs up from me. I cant find anything I dislike about this product at all.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2012 3:47:00 AM More reviews by apgoh2

I got this product after reading a string of fantabulous reviews by a few beauty bloggers. As little background on this brand, Bourjois is apparently a budget line introduced by Chanel, but is sold exclusively only in pharmacies.

It comes in a glass bottle, and a sanitary pump which personally i do not have much comments in. It serves it's function, so that's good enough. At the back of the bottle, this foundation claims to provide "Instant blending, flawless blending and undetectable coverage". To further complement the description, it's also fortified with vitamin rich fruits, such as goji berry (whatever that is), lychee and pomegranate. Sounds very gimicky to me, because what value does these fruits provide ? But nevermind, I'll simply take it as another marketing ploy by cosmetics company :P

I got mine in the fairest shade available (Shade #51; Light vanilla), which is a good fit with slight yellow undertones for my fair Asian skin. To a certain extent, I agree with most of the MUA-ers that this is more like a tinted moisturiser. Coverage is sheer, but buildable, and does not cover much scars. It gives a subtle glow to the skin, and evens out the skintone. Nothing more, nothing less.

Hence, if you have fairly good or OK-ish skin....then yes, you may hit the jackpot with this purchase. Otherwise, you're probably heading for dissapointment as it does nothing more than that. On a seperate note, this foundation did nothing much for my skin, and somehow makes it oily after like 4 hours. This is very strange because I do not even have oily skin to begin with.... Perhaps, i should layer this on with very little moisturiser prior to applying the foundation ?

Would not repurchase !

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2012 5:32:00 PM More reviews by princess101

This is a great lightweight foundation for those wanting something to even out the skintone, while maintaining a natural look. If you require moderate coverage, this may not be the foundation for you as layering can only go so far, and most concealers are heavier than this thus being quite obvious even with blending.

With that being said, I do like this product quite a bit. It is moisturizing without feeling heavy, and dries to a very skin-like finish. The scent is not overwhelming and disipates rather quickly. This gel-formula blends quite nicely, and does not cling to dry patches yet it also works well on my oily t-zone.

I do not agree with the 16-hr wear claim that the company makes; even with primer this did not last a full 12 hours, let alone 16. The product is still on the face, but starts to seperate around any areas with creases (around the nose).

I'm NC20 in the winter and wear this is in #52, and in the summer with a tan, wear shade #53.

This is rather expensive for a supposed drugstore foundation, as this retails for $27CDN. Shade ranges is limited, but if purchase at Shoppers Drug Mart you can always return for a full refund if you're not satisfied.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2012 10:35:00 AM More reviews by inhyeo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in 51 and it's a very good match for my warm-toned skin. The colour is probably my favourite thing about this product since it's the closest match I've found yet.
However, the coverage is really quite light. If you have anything but very light blemishes, you'll need to use a concealer.
Despite it being a moisturising foundation, it still feels quite dry on my skin after a while. That happens with most products for me, but the bad thing is that this one REALLY accentuates any dry patches on my face - I got some around my mouth after the New Year, and I swear this made them look TERRIBLE, unlike my Missha Signature BB cream (they still showed up, but didn't look anywhere near as bad). Overall, not the best product for dry skin. For normal skin, it would probably be great.
The scent is light and fresh, I personally really like it.
As for the packaging, it comes in a slim glass bottle with a pump - love it.

I now mix it up 1:1 with my Missha Signature BB cream, which is great (very good coverage for a BB), but too pink for me (and slightly too light if I put on more than one layer) - it makes me look a little ghastly under certain lighting. The Bourjois foundation makes it match my skin tone much, much better. So in the end, the colour is why I find this indispensable and would repurchase. I don't really mind having to mix them up. For now, I wouldn't use this foundation alone.
I definitely don't recommend it to anyone with dry skin and especially dry/flaky patches on their face - no amount of scrubbing or moisturising will help. If you put this on top of them, it won't look pretty.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2012 11:52:00 PM More reviews by phospholipid

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My new HG foundation!! So very sad that Bourjois is not readily available in the U.S. Hunting down this foundation has been quite a journey, but a worthwhile one indeed.

The coloring is perfect for my NC 25/Chanel VA B20. It is perhaps even more flattering than Chanel/MAC on my yellow-toned skin. I've been wearing Chanel VA and I thought the match was good, this one is even better. I wear Shade #52-Vanille.

Coverage is sheer to medium, easy to spread and buildable. The pump bottle is perfect, no shaking needed like the Chanel VA. It has some artificial fruity scent which dissipates quickly, so it does not bother me at all. The finish is semi-mate, quite luminous, which I like. On my dry-combo skin, I found that I don't need to powder and it does not accentuate dry patches. It does, however, somewhat crease on the sides of the nose and everywhere else there's a fold.

The price is the surprising fact. Bourjois is not drug-store priced as I thought, at least not in Canada. I paid $25 USD for a bottle of this, VAT not included.

Overall will purchase again. Good shade, texture, finish and packaging but not readily available in the U.S.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2012 11:43:00 PM More reviews by stl

I'm normally into really high end makeup, so I was surprised to learn I liked this foundation better than some Chanel ones. I wear this in shade 52 and it is a perfect match. It melts right into my skin giving my face this glowing luminous look. I'd say this is medium coverage, though I normally don't need much coverage, so this is more than enough for me. I love the smell, too. I don't even need to powder that much, it so velvety soft on my skin. I'd definately repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2011 5:22:00 AM More reviews by jennyvo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Being a student, my budget on makeup is pretty low.
Throughout this year I have tested a number of drugstore foundations - all with their problems:
Covergirl natureluxe did not have the right shade for my NC 30 asian skintone (pink undertones only !), Revlon New Complexion Oil control makeup in Sand Beige was getting too light for my skin and the next shade up had pink undertones and The Face Shop's BB cream was too light coloured and too heavy and made me break out!

And then I read the rave reviews on this Bourjois Healthy Serum gel on MUA. I bought the shade #53 Beige Clair and I was pleased to find that many shades were not too orangey (like Covergirl's natureluxe).
This has more more of a liquid than gel consistency and provides sheer coverage - but it's amazing! It's so sheer, and appears so natural, with a semi dewy finish. It really luminises your skin! And maybe even gives it an airbrush effect haha.
There is a very pleasant smell that comes from this foundation - very fruity and healthy (presumably because of the ingredients which are fruit based)
and the packaging is very nice was well - with a recognisable red cap and a hygienic pump (which other foundations I've tried failed to have)

It's the type of foundation that would draw remarks on how nice your SKIN looks not how good your MAKEUP looks. Definitely my HG!