October 22, 2014 | 1029 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2011 5:16:00 AM More reviews by pennypencil

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a fabulous foundation, not getting five lipsticks only because I still prefer the incredible original Healthy Mix foundation by a small degree. It has a nice, clean, glowing finish, but lacks that silkiness the original formulation has. I have used Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua and it's not quite the same, in my opinion. The former seems more siliconey to me - really smooth - whereas the Healthy Mix is a tiny bit more tacky.
However, it's still a top class foundation at a good price, only surpassed by its own sister.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2011 2:44:00 PM More reviews by PremierT

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got it in Dark Bronze (58) and it's a great colour match, I go up to NC45 in summer but I'm much lighter now. I mention this because I have serious matching issues as my skin is neither properly cool nor warm hued and even the lovely ladies at make-up counters are often stumped to find something that doesn't make me look like an alien.

I don't need to cover much of anything so it's light coverage was perfect and the texture is super light an non-greasy. It didn't produce any more shine than my oily skin does alone but it didn't prevent it either. It's invisible after application and my face doesn't feel cakey at all. I usually just apply with my fingers and it blends well an it looks amazing on.. truly just like 'your skin but better'.

I hope they release some darker shades because this is the darkest in the line and come summer it won't work for me any more. It lost one lippy for packaging because the (super hygenic) pump applicator will probably suggest that the (not cheap) bottle is empty when there's still a good bit left in there, otherwise it's perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2011 2:46:00 AM More reviews by niacatstudio

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nice fresh & soft texture, not greasy at all. Blends good, long-lasting medium coverage. I am 37 with combo skin that gets quite dry in winter time and very oily in the summer. In this time of the year this is my favourite foundation. I feel I'm not wearing anything at all on my skin. I bought 2 different shades because I like contouring with foundation. In my country the cost of this product is 15 euro. I will definitely re-purchase it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2011 2:31:00 AM More reviews by maiiiyn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Good foundation for those who don't like heavy make-up for the day but still needs that even skin tone. However, obviously not so good as a night or going out foundation (prbly melt in the hour haha)! Nonetheless, it's a light-weight formula and gives nice even coverage. Also isn't yellow based like many foundations (a big peeve of mine). One thing I really dislike about it is the SMELL! I get pretty frustrated with the strong perfume but like the formula so have to bare it!! =(

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2011 5:32:00 AM More reviews by cupcakecheris

This product smells great!Apart from the fruity scent, the pigmentation color in this product resembles my skintone very much. I love how it glides on my face like a second skin and at the same time, producing a dewy finish. However, this product gives a very light coverage and does not last long in humid weather. Do note that this foundation does not contain any oil control properties. My skin became very oily within 2 hours of use.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2011 7:34:00 AM More reviews by iloveseth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this foundation after finding the original Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation a little too sticky on my skin, it became very oily quickly and oxidized, but as I LOVE Bourjois I really wanted to try this foundation. And I am so glad I did! It goes on so smoothly and evenly, no caking or streaky patches. It gives my skin a lovely glowy look and hides my uneven skin-tone a the few spots I have.

My only gripe is that I doesn't last as long as I would like (but considerably longer that the original Healthy Mix), but my skin is quite oily, but when I set it with a good finishing power it lasts and lasts! This foundation is perfect if you want a very natural look, and not heavy masquey full coverage.

Hope this was helpful!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2011 11:11:00 AM More reviews by chavagitlin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

pros:
-very natural
-healthy glowy finish
-low, buildable coverage
-feels great on skin
-excellent staying power!
-great for traveling since the bottle is plastic, and slim
-great colors- not too orange and not too pink
cons:
-if your looking for a full coverage foundation, this is not the one for you.
-not matte: not great for summer on my combination skin.

overall, a realy great everyday foundation that is inexpensive and long lasting. love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2011 11:00:00 PM More reviews by kocoannie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I cannot fault this foundation. This is my everyday foundation and it feels amazing on my skin. I keep it in the fridge which helps maintain the longevity of the prouduct.

I use number 52 and it is the perfect match for my fair colouring. This foundation is also ideal for dry skin as it has some moisturising properties - it also doesn't break out my skin if I forget to wash it off after a long night!

This foundation is absolutely amazing and it gives a medium coverage and it looks very dewy and natural once applied. Sometimes I use a foundation brush but mostly I just use my fingertips.

I always buy two of these foundations at once so that way I'm never without, that's how much I love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2011 11:16:00 AM More reviews by shari_sp2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am still on the fence about this foundation. I have very fair, dry, sensitive, aging skin so was looking for something light with decent coverage and a dewy finish. This foundation got so many great reviews and is even recommended by a top UK celebrity makeup artist on YouTube as being great for mature skin, so when my drugstore finally carried it, I picked up a bottle in the lightest shade 51-Light Vanilla. Now maybe I just have an overdeveloped sense of smell, but the scent smells very "old lady perfumey" to me, not fruity at all and not pleasant. It gives a very sheer coverage, a bit more than a tinted moisturizer but definitely not cakey in any way, and a natural finish (I usually prefer more of a dewy look though) but within a week of using it, I started to break out, a few bumps here and there, and I almost never break out, my skin doesn't produce enough oil on its own to break out. I'm sure it is whatever oil or fragrance gives off that perfumey scent, but I've since stopped using it and my skin is clearing up. I am testing another foundation now (Lancome Renergie Lift, which I am loving so far!) and when I finish my Lancome sample I might give Healthy Mix one more try. I paid over $30 for this drugstore foundation so I am reluctant to give up on it just yet! Will update once I've given it a good second try, but if I breakout again, this will go up for swap for sure!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2011 5:11:00 PM More reviews by beyondtheskyline

Finding the perfect foundation for pale skin can be pretty tricky but I bought Bourjois healthy mix serum in 52 and its brilliant!

1.It gives a good overall coverage, its good as it covers all imperfections, also gave a nice matte finish so no need for powder!

2.The texture of the foundation is really light and you don't need alot one pump did my whole face and it went on really smoothly.

3.It's also quite moisturising but always moisturise anyway!

4. I bought this foundation this morning and it does stay on all day not had to re-touch once which is a change... a good change obviously

5. I have normal/dry skin and it goes on perfectly it doesn't dry out my skin or leave it oily as its not a heavy foundation so it will accommodate for all skin types!

so overall a really good product 10/10 from me!

xx