Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Palette - Comfort Zone

Price: $

Price: $

on 6/29/2011 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I was so excited when I found this palette at my Wags. I actually looked for it for a couple of weeks, and then one night happened to stop by my Wags when they were restocking. I asked if they had any more of comfort zone, and after digging around a bit, the SA found a box of them (brand new, untouched, wheee).

I have not had problems with breakage, but I have heard these shadows do break very easily, so be careful when handling the palette!

I absolutely love all the colors in Comfort zone. They are predominantly browns and greens, which are my favorite shades to use. I am asian with medium/olive skin, and these colors really compliment my skin tone. They are very pigmented and show up great on my eyes.

The reason for my low rating is the fact that, no matter how I try and how much primer I use, these shadows ALWAYS crease for me by the end of the day. Mind you, I do not get extremely sweaty or oily on a normal day because I sit in an air conditioned office behind a desk and a computer monitor all day. My office is kept at around 70 degrees, which is far too cold for my liking, so I'm usually shivering rather than sweating. Despite the lack of oil and sweat, these shadows still always crease for me.

This happens to other people I have talked to, so unfortunately I will probably not use this again, unless it's for a special occasion where I'll only need my shadow to last for an hour or two.

on 6/26/2011 3:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

IF YOU DROP IT, IT WILL BREAK! I'm a Mac & Urban Decay snob; but after reading all these raving reviews I decided to pick up this palette cuz I'm obsessed w/ eyeshadows & wanted to see myself what the hype was all about. I was impressed! The colors applied very smoothly and easily! The color payoff is of superior quality. I took a nap for a couple of hours after layering it over my Benefit primer and Nars e/s & when I woke up the colors stayed put nicely. Can't attest to wearing it out the whole day but I get the feeling I wont be disappointed just because of the quality of the pigmentation.

HOWEVER, shortly after owning this product for half a day I wanted to experiment w/ more looks. I clumsily tried to open the lid, which is not the best quality in the world, and after some difficulty it slipped out of my hands and fell into my sink causing 3 shadows to crumble & break! It left a horrendous mess everywhere. I also noticed the colors are a bit too soft and buttery so you may experience some fallout so make sure to tap off the excess from your brush. Would I buy again? Yes, I want to try their "blue had me at hello" palette. Honestly I dont see myself ditching my mac or urban decay soon for these palettes just because of the flimsiness of the package and the extreme softness of the eyeshadow. But this is one of the most superior drugstore quality eyeshadows I've ever tried & for $5 you cant really beat that!

this palette is all smooth and shimmery, with a great range of neutrals. if there were matte w&w they would sell out in a heartbeat and be HTF on ebay/amazon and i will be waiting in line for the ds to open on that day! PS these shadows apply nicely when wet with an EL brush.

on 6/25/2011 12:13:00 PM

What a gem! I've heard alot about these palettes and decided to pick up "comfort zone". This has to be one of the best drugstore quality eyeshadows ever! The texture is buttery and smooth. The pigmentation is supurb! These shadows are really high quality! I love this , I might try some others.

on 6/25/2011 5:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I LOVE this! Fantastic shades and very long lasting. Bought a few as backups. Wet 'n' Wild makes some of the best drugstore e/s you will find.

on 6/25/2011 2:05:00 AM

This palette is absolutely amazing. The shadows are soft and extremely pigmented... rivaling even some of my high end ones! All the colors in this palette are very versatile and can make a variety of different looks. I especially love the peachy-golden shade... awesome as a lid color! Just a little warning: the bottom left shade (dark brown) is EXTREMELY soft and insanely pigmented, so only use a tiny bit and be sure to blend! It's also prone to shattering, so be extra careful with it because it ill get everywhere!

Overall, I definitely recommend this palette, and for five bucks at the drugstore, you can't beat it!

on 6/25/2011 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

I agree with what everyone reviewed here, this palette is a winner because green, beige, golds, and browns look good on virtually every skintones and its only $5. Im NC40 and these colors really show up on me and it has very little creasing which is surprising on my oily skin, and I used these colors without a primer in the summer heat! I love pretty much every shade in this palette (including the wierd green glitter color on bottom right), I have never like every shade in any eyeshadow palette before.

on 6/17/2011 6:03:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

My whole eyeshadow wardrobe is becoming Wet N' Wild and Stila! I love this set, every color is packed with pigment and unique. I especially use #2, the silky pink shimmer. It's everything I wanted Kitten to be. It never looks too cool or frosty on me, just a lovely pink/gold. It looks great when paired with the Club dupe in the lower right side in the crease. The light brown color #3 is great, very similar to the crease shade in the Walking on Eggshells set. I haven't tried many of the green side yet, but from the swatches I think I'll like them, too. I would say that if you are thinking about spending just under $50 on the UD Naked pallet, get this set and WnW Vanity instead. You'll get both for under $10 and use them more. I do use them more than my Naked pallet.

on 6/12/2011 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I love these colors, but they are darker and much more pigmented than I had anticipated. I have medium auburn hair, green eyes, and very light skin. Being in my mid-40s, this is more color than I will wear to work. The brow bone color will work for me during the day, and the eyelid colors will work for the crease and accenting, but the 4 darker colors will not.

Still I don't regret buying this palette, because the colors are fun and perfect for me for the evening or weekend. And for the price (I paid under $5) it was a great buy. However, I would gladly pay a little more for better packaging, hence the 4 lippies.

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

These is by far the greatest Wet n Wild palette I have ever bought and I know for a fact I will be repurchasing it again and again. The colors are absolutely gorgeous, easily blendable, insanely pigmented, and feel great on your lids. They do not feel cheap at all and have great staying power. I have brown/hazel eyes with green flecks around the pupil and every single shadow in the palette brings out the colors beautifully. I recommend this to everyone but especially those with brown/green eyes. The only cons I have about this product would have to be the packaging since it is quite cheap but the colors inside (looks and quality wise) greatly make up for it. I would like to see the packaging improve a bit but the shadows are perfect just as they are. I remember the old palettes used to be more durable and even came with mirrors which I really liked. If Wet n Wild went back to the quality of packaging they had before (it wasn't the greatest but more durable than the new ones) I feel the palettes would be absolutely perfect.

Video Reviews & Tutorials