December 18, 2014 | 975 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Olay - Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2011 12:45:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I hate to be one of the ones who didn't enjoy this product. This is not an exact dupe for the clarisonic. I have gotten many facials with the clarisonic at my local spa and i absolutely love how it feels without irritating my sensitive yet cleans my oily skin and clarisonic beeping definitely tells you to move onto the next section. What bothers me about that product is that it splashes product on my face rather than actually scrub and vibrate the product to get down to cleaning my skin, the brush just spins but does not vibrate to clean the skin. The bristles are sorta hard, but if the clarisonic refill brushes fit this device that I may keep it, but for now, I have my receipt and I will be returning this device back to cvs. Since I have experienced the Clarisonic before, I can definitely describe the level of sophistication and now know why it costs $200. I also have gotten body treatments and my facialist used the clarisonic on my elbows and upperback, and my skin just glistens, and I wonder if it can be used during a pedicure..anyway, I hate to be a snob, but I have tried over 1000 products and many facial innovations (susan lucci, zeno, clarisonic, facemaster etc etc) and so if I dont use a product in my daily routine, than its not something that impresses me enough to write a good stellar review, i have to be honest in my ratings.

12 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2011 12:36:00 PM More reviews by shcjeunbyeol

I love it. It helps to cleanse my skin and my skin is just a lot better.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2011 9:19:00 PM More reviews by novastar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this a lot. It's a good product with a good price. It does clean my skin very well and it helped to reduce flaky skin in some areas where BP dried out my skin. My skin feels smooth and clean after I use this. I use this with the Olay cleanser that comes with the unit. Highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2011 7:52:00 PM More reviews by bambooflower

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Let me start this review by saying that I own both the Clarisonic and this Olay Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System. I have used the Clarisonic for a little over two months, and the Pro-X for about a week. The two products are so often compared that I felt I should also compare the two.

First of all, the Pro-X does not feel like the Clarisonic at all. I did not realize they were so different until I tried the Pro-X. I would say the difference between the Clarisonic and the Pro-X is parallel to the difference between a Soniccare toothbrush and an Oral B Professional toothbrush - one vibrates while the other spins.

I really enjoy how the Clarisonic feels while cleansing my face (I use it on the 'low' setting - I have heard a lot of people say that the 'normal' setting is too harsh for their face) - usually it only takes about 30 seconds for me to clean my face with the Clarisonic. I like that it has the 20/10 second timers - it helps me keep track of how long I use it (it's not a good idea to overuse it for fear of irritating your skin).

The Pro-X feels a lot cheaper to me when I use it. I don't like the spinning action as much because I don't feel like I have as much control over it, somehow. It doesn't have any sort of timer nor an auto shutoff after a certain amount of time. The battery compartment is also very difficult to open - I hope I won't have to change the batteries very often!

That said, even though I prefer the feel of the Clarisonic, I think the Pro-X is just as effective in cleansing my skin and ridding my face of makeup as the Clarisonic. My skin looks very clear and healthy right now, and switching from the Clarisonic to the Pro-X has not changed that. I almost feel like the Pro-X will not be as irritating to your skin as the Clarisonic can be, due to the way that it cleans.

Overall, it is such a great deal for $30! Go out and buy one now

32 out of 32 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/19/2011 6:51:00 PM More reviews by In2th3night

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this and returned it two days later...Just the fact that this is battery operated should have been the tip-off that this is not very powerful. Not that you need a lot of power to exfoliate your face...it's just that the rotating brush is sooo gentle...it's exactly like the manual face brush(same size too!) I have that I bought at Sally beauty supply....for $1.79....(or less with membership card) Yes , it's a poor person's clarisonic/advanced cleansing system! I feel that most women do not need a powered brush to exfoliate their face. Sorry Olay ,but this product over-all felt chintzy....and , yes I used that word explaining why I was returning, LOL. Just my thoughts and opinions.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2011 4:26:00 PM More reviews by zoeybear20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I saw this at the store the other day and looked up the reviews for it on here. Everything I read about it was pretty good, so I decided to go and get one. When I went back the next day they were all out, but I found it at another store thankfully. I have a rather oily face, but my t-zone gets really flaky no matter what I try. This really helps with that and gets my face really clean. It helps loosen up the dead skin and gunk around my nose and leaves it feeling very smooth. I'm pretty impressed with this tool...I didn't think it would make that much of a difference. I think the more I use it the better the results will be. It's also really gentle feeling on my face, even though it cleans really good, much better than just using a washcloth, like I've always used.
I don't know how often you're supposed to buy replacement brushes, but hopefully it isn't too often.
Overall I really like this and will tell my friends about it because I think it's worth the money for the results.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2011 1:20:00 AM More reviews by marsi23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

So I have been wanting the Clarisonic brush for the past year, however money is just getting tighter and tighter. Well I am glad I did not buy it because this little tool works just fine. Its been a month since I started using this and I have to say I noticed a big difference in my skin tone. A lot lighter and smoother and the breakouts have also been minimal. I am amazed. I have very irrational skin, oily, combination, dry yet oily, acne prone, sensitive, crazy... However, I am very pleased with this product because it truly makes your skin nice and smooth and gives it that clean feeling. So for anyone who cant afford a Clarisonic this might just be the next best thing. Worth a try at least.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2011 9:38:00 PM More reviews by combatmedicwife

I haven't tried the Clarisonic, so this review is not based on a comparison of the two.
I had to go to 2 different Walgreen's before I found one that had the Olay Pro-X Cleaning System in stock. I bought the last one for $30, plus I bought 2 replacement heads for $11.
This little gadget is great. It's just the right size and quite cute actually. It really does get my skin clean and has 'broken up' the gunk in the clogged pores and blackheads I sometimes get. It tickled the first few times I used it. There is hardly any grime on my face left over: when I tone with a cotton ball after, there aren't smears of grime/traces of makeup on it like there usually is! My face feels much cleaner without being excoriated.
It isn't waterproof but water resistant so I do take it in the shower but am careful not to drop it or get it under the stream of water.
The few times I've had to recently manually wash my face with my hands I noticed I wasn't doing as well of a job. This is definitely an improvement on washing your face with your hands or a washcloth.
It cleans so well I don't really have any desire at this point to shell out for a Clarisonic.
A great addition to my beauty regimen! I hate to wash my face without it. I love my new toy!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2011 11:42:00 AM More reviews by JayLammMD

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this product. My facialist has used the Clairsonic on me a few times and it was nice, but like many others I just coud not bring myself to spend 200$ on it. After reading so many reviews I decided to give this product a try. After only two days someone literally walked up to me in the lunch room at my work and said "your skin is glowing". I kind of thought so myself but really "someone I don't even know. WOW! And I've noticed that my night serums sinks in beautifully. I'm hoping. I usually wear just a touch of mineral make up and bronzer in the mornings but this morning my skin was glowing and so even I just skipped it. This will be my 2011 present for every one on my birth-day list.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2011 10:21:00 AM More reviews by christiemseabury

I have extremely sensitive, combination skin...and a real problem finding cleansers that work. Most cleansers dry my face out and make it feel tight and uncomfortable. It ends up peeling and flaking (even with face creams) and then putting on makeup makes it even worse. My other problem though is breakouts, so I'm constantly on the hunt for a deep cleanser that I know is really getting down into the pores, and at the same time make my skin feel smooth and soft. I used this cleanser for the first time (literally) last night and I love it. I was a little worried at first because (with it being such a deep cleanser) it can make your skin look a little red right after using it, but give it a couple minutes and it will look like nothing you've ever seen before. My skin was literally glowing. It didn't dry it out. It didn't feel tight. It didn't flake. I probably could have gotten away without any face cream, but I've been using Olay face cream for combination skin for years and putting it on right after the cleanser made it feel amazing! I used the cleanser again this morning and my skin feels incredibly smooth and cleaner than its ever felt before in my life. This cleanser is absolutely wonderful! I will definitely be buying it again. And as of now, I'm positive that I'll be sticking with this cleanser from now on. LOVE it!