October 21, 2014 | 1957 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Olay - Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2011 1:20:00 AM More reviews by marsi23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

So I have been wanting the Clarisonic brush for the past year, however money is just getting tighter and tighter. Well I am glad I did not buy it because this little tool works just fine. Its been a month since I started using this and I have to say I noticed a big difference in my skin tone. A lot lighter and smoother and the breakouts have also been minimal. I am amazed. I have very irrational skin, oily, combination, dry yet oily, acne prone, sensitive, crazy... However, I am very pleased with this product because it truly makes your skin nice and smooth and gives it that clean feeling. So for anyone who cant afford a Clarisonic this might just be the next best thing. Worth a try at least.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2011 9:38:00 PM More reviews by combatmedicwife

I haven't tried the Clarisonic, so this review is not based on a comparison of the two.
I had to go to 2 different Walgreen's before I found one that had the Olay Pro-X Cleaning System in stock. I bought the last one for $30, plus I bought 2 replacement heads for $11.
This little gadget is great. It's just the right size and quite cute actually. It really does get my skin clean and has 'broken up' the gunk in the clogged pores and blackheads I sometimes get. It tickled the first few times I used it. There is hardly any grime on my face left over: when I tone with a cotton ball after, there aren't smears of grime/traces of makeup on it like there usually is! My face feels much cleaner without being excoriated.
It isn't waterproof but water resistant so I do take it in the shower but am careful not to drop it or get it under the stream of water.
The few times I've had to recently manually wash my face with my hands I noticed I wasn't doing as well of a job. This is definitely an improvement on washing your face with your hands or a washcloth.
It cleans so well I don't really have any desire at this point to shell out for a Clarisonic.
A great addition to my beauty regimen! I hate to wash my face without it. I love my new toy!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2011 11:42:00 AM More reviews by JayLammMD

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this product. My facialist has used the Clairsonic on me a few times and it was nice, but like many others I just coud not bring myself to spend 200$ on it. After reading so many reviews I decided to give this product a try. After only two days someone literally walked up to me in the lunch room at my work and said "your skin is glowing". I kind of thought so myself but really "someone I don't even know. WOW! And I've noticed that my night serums sinks in beautifully. I'm hoping. I usually wear just a touch of mineral make up and bronzer in the mornings but this morning my skin was glowing and so even I just skipped it. This will be my 2011 present for every one on my birth-day list.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2011 10:21:00 AM More reviews by christiemseabury

I have extremely sensitive, combination skin...and a real problem finding cleansers that work. Most cleansers dry my face out and make it feel tight and uncomfortable. It ends up peeling and flaking (even with face creams) and then putting on makeup makes it even worse. My other problem though is breakouts, so I'm constantly on the hunt for a deep cleanser that I know is really getting down into the pores, and at the same time make my skin feel smooth and soft. I used this cleanser for the first time (literally) last night and I love it. I was a little worried at first because (with it being such a deep cleanser) it can make your skin look a little red right after using it, but give it a couple minutes and it will look like nothing you've ever seen before. My skin was literally glowing. It didn't dry it out. It didn't feel tight. It didn't flake. I probably could have gotten away without any face cream, but I've been using Olay face cream for combination skin for years and putting it on right after the cleanser made it feel amazing! I used the cleanser again this morning and my skin feels incredibly smooth and cleaner than its ever felt before in my life. This cleanser is absolutely wonderful! I will definitely be buying it again. And as of now, I'm positive that I'll be sticking with this cleanser from now on. LOVE it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2011 1:18:00 PM More reviews by shamlet16

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been contemplating buying a clarisonic for almost a year, but just couldn't bear to part with so much money for it. When this cleansing system debuted earlier in the year to much fanfare and great reviews, I thought I would give it a shot. I purchased the Costco set (system, extra brush, batteries, and full size cleanser) for about $35. I've been using it for the past 3 weeks (typically every other or every third day) and am extremely impressed w/the results. My skin is pretty impervious to whatever products, etc., I use, so i wasn't expecting much, but it has really given me a clearer overall skintone, and in particular, the small pimples (probably whiteheads) on my cheeks have disappeared. I usually use it on the lowest setting, in the shower, w/the olay cleanser, and pay special attention to problem areas (i.e. nose, cheeks). I don't have a clarisonic, so I can't compare, but as long as this thing keeps working as well as it has been, I won't need one!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2011 2:57:00 PM More reviews by cheerz2u

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE how clean this has gotten my skin. I even bought one for my teenage son and my teenage daughter. They both had bad acne breakouts and within a week their breakouts have diminished and my daughter especially (as I think she washes more with hers than my son does with his LOL) is pretty much acen free. She still gets some breakouts around that time of month but very little ones. All of our skins are clearer. I use the Regenerist Detoxifying Pore Scrub with mine and love how fresh my face feels and I use it 2-3 times a day and love it!!! I love how the refills are 2 in one box. I about had a heart attack though when I saw the refills were like $12 at my Walgreen's but I had to get it then I got home and noticed there was 2 in the box. LOVE IT!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2011 8:46:00 AM More reviews by dimplebhatti

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Irritated my skin and actually CAUSED breakouts!!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2011 8:21:00 PM More reviews by halimeade

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Background: Combo skin, oily t-zone and normal to dry cheeks. Moderate hormonal acne on chin and nose area, but prone to get them in other areas of my face at any give time.

I have been using this brush for almost a month now and am on the fence about returning it or not. While I feel it does a fair job exfoliating and keeping pores clean, I think its also been doing some damage as well. I can only use it once every other day*, because even on the low setting it was tearing my cheeks raw (and I don't have sensitive skin) Also, I've been getting pimples, especially whiteheads, in places I normally never would on a daily basis. So while my skin looks clearer and its less oily, I've got all these new acne scars to deal with.

Worth the trade off? I've kept the box and receipt this long, so I must be leaning towards no. I still think I might get a Clarisonic instead.

*I would note that I did not use the cleanser it came with, rather a free full-sized bottle of the new ProX cream cleanser, which I have already reviewed.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2011 7:54:00 PM More reviews by LizWords

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

UPDATE 11/2011: I ended up purchasing a refurbished nutrasonic on ebay with a one year guarentee and have been using it for over 6 months now. It works much better than this at gentle daily exfoliation, and the quality is much better. I paid 65$ for it and got a couple extra brushes for about 15$ a piece. Not that I've needed them yet, the brushes are very sturdy and look like they will last at least a year before they need to be replaced. My skin is much better now, manual exfoliation works much better for my skin than chemical, although a lot of derms advise against it. I would not recommend this olay brush, it is very cheaply made, the brush bristle are too short, very cheap.

I tried this out for about three weeks and then returned to Walgreen's. I didn't dislike it, I mean it cleaned pretty well, but I thought the device was really small, cheaply built, the brushes not that great, and the replacement brushes expensive especially for what they are. So, I found an older Pretika model on Ebay for 18$, CO142S which you can still find new on the web, it's sold as a"spa microderm abrasion kit" brush and comes w/ two types of heads, the brush type with really long soft bristles, and a small foam pad head, they both spin. The brush head is exactly what I was looking for, soft and lush, and the unit is obviously better quality than the pro-x. I emailed pretika for some replacement brushes, and I got 4 of each kind for 13$ with shipping. Needless to say, much better quality and price than the pro-x.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2011 3:25:00 PM More reviews by GLou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

After visiting 3-4 different Shopper's Drug Mart, I managed to get my hands on one (on sale for under $30.00 CND). I've been using it for a week (twice a day) and I am loving it. It cleans, it exfoliates, it has two settings (high and low) and it's more affordable than the Clarisonic. My skin is feels smoother and softer and some of my blemishes are fading away. As one of the reviewers mentioned, it was a little difficult to remove the lid to insert the batteries. I'm also not too excited about the cleanser that came with the cleaning system. My suggestion is to use your regular cleanser/exfoliator since your skin might have a negative reaction to a new product. For references, I use St. Ives - Elements Microdermabrasion (which is similar to Philosophy's Microdelivery Micro Massage Exfoliating Wash, but more affordable and paraben-free). I like this product so much I even bought one for my sister. So I will definately re-purchase (if I ever need to).