April 18, 2014 | 1819 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2012 10:08:00 AM More reviews by tma8790

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I mean, I adore this. I bought it a year ago when it first came out after having a less-than-stellar time with Chanel Teint Innocence compact foundation - oil based, broke me out, but my face looked flawless after shellacking it on! I bought Vitalumiere Aqua on a limb, and I loved it. It was only after branching out and trying other foundations (YSL Teint Radiance, MUF High Def, etc) that I realized just what a gem this really is. I have dry skin and the fact that it's water-based just adds so much hydration to my face without looking overtly dewy or wet. It covers flaws well and most importantly, it lets your natural skin shine through. I wear B20 Beige in the winter and find this is a perfect color match. Also I found that applying it with fingers gives the best coverage/effect. Don't rub in circular motions or you'll streak the product unflatteringly. Just spread it with a light hand and let it soak in and work it's magic! Love this and I can't wait for Chanel to release the Vitalumiere Aqua compact later this month!!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2012 6:22:00 AM More reviews by beingfollowed

I'm on my second bottle of this product but I don't think I'll be buying it again, mainly due to the poor colour choice. I think I have finally come to terms with the fact that Chanel just doesn't make a foundation for my colouring. I am pale (pinker undertones) and B10 looks very yellow on me. I tried BR10 when I was overseas (I don't think the BR shades were sold in Australia originally although BR10 now is listed on Chanel's au website) and it was too orangey and dark for me.

Aside from the colour issue, the foundation goes on very sheer and is quite easy to work with because it doesn't dry too fast. It has a nice smell to it. It comes in a plastic bottle so you can squeeze out the desired amount of product. I found using a sponge gave me the best finish. A foundation brush just made it look streaky on me.

In terms of wear, I would say that I got about 4-5 hours of wear out of this foundation. After that, I noticed that it would start to clump around my nose (slightly oily), my cheeks (into pores) and on any dry patches. This just highlighted the colour mismatch even more as I'd have random yellow patches.

I found that this foundation needed to be powdered to help with the colour issue but also to take down some of the sheen that it gave me.

Overall, while there were some pros (nice smell, goes on nicely), the cons (colour choice, staying power, cost- $77) definitely outweigh them. I decided not to rebuy this foundation after noticing that I was reaching for my Bourjois Brush Foundation (~$25) a lot more.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2012 1:53:00 PM More reviews by aureliationg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

FINISH: Looks dewy and satiny, but not shiny or greasy. Very natural. Just looks like your skin but better,

APPLICATION: Make sure to shake it up before dispensing. I've used my fingers, a sponge, a foundation brush and a flat top kabuki. It all looks fab!

STAYING POWER: I definitely get 6 - 8 hours out of this foundation, even longer in the winter time when I don't sweat as much.

COVERAGE: This is for someone who wants a light but even coverage. If you have deep pock marks or dark acne scars, this won't work for you. But if you want to cover up redness, dullness or slight discolourations, then this is definitely for you.

REACTIONS: I tend to break out easily, and this didn't break me out at all.

I personally love this foundation. It never disappoints. HG foundation FOUND!!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/2/2012 7:34:00 AM More reviews by happycanary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The finish on this foundation was absolutely gorgeous. Compared to MUFE face and body the coverage was slightly more opaque (I would say it's a light-med coverage) but the finish was more luminous and silky. It has a powdery scent which goes away after a while and isn't offensive. My skin is oily but I don't like matte finish foundations for everyday because I feel they look too "done". With this one, I have to blot 2x a day but nothing too crazy. it stays a full day on my but I generally don't have problems with foundations disappearing, I think as long as you blot and don't let a layer of oil sit on your skin you're fine there.

Now, the cons, this stuff broke me out like mad! I really wanted to like this and I was in denial for a week but after I ruled everything else out I had to admit to myself it was this foundation. I think the culprit is the silica in it, I remember having a similar reaction to an UD foundation with silica in past.

So, for the ladies who don't have bad reactions to silica, I'd say this is a great foundation. Lightweight, lovely finish. If you have issues with silica, my advice is to stay away.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/29/2012 7:43:00 PM More reviews by 3110hello

I like this foundation - it is light but the SA who sold it to me was great with the color match and so it blends nicely into my complexion. It doesn't provide heavy coverage but does provide enough for my face to look very natural yet "finished." All of Chanel's products are too darn expensive but I do think there are times when the cost is worth it. This is probably one of them. As an older woman, I think there are times when heavier foundations just make me look older - this one is just sheer enough to blend out some of my pigmentation problems but not look like it is at all a mask. I shake it up well before every use and apply it with a MAC stippling brush. Somewhere between NARS Sheer Glow and Dior Nude to me.....I recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/29/2012 5:58:00 PM More reviews by bernsie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have normal skin with an oily T Zone. This base is absolute perfection in every sense of the word for me. It's coverage not too heavy nor too light. The color range is descent enough (I use beige rose-sienne.) It is not pinky or rosey as the color name might suggest. I find it on the peachy side which works well for me as I'm a medium golden undertoned w/rosiness. If I go too gold I look jaundiced, too pink will make me look grey. This base has the perfect texture: not too dry/oily. It floats on w/out pulling. It doesn't need to be powdered down if you don't like the mattness of powder (though it will increase any foundations wearability.) It always comes off looking like skin as opposed to make-up. It stays where you apply it. Everything you put on top of it looks lovely. There is a light which seems to come from within the skin the way young, transluscent, perfect skin looks. Put this on top of young, transluscent, perfect skin and you have utter flawlessness. This is one of Chanel's newer or newest foundation. It's cost is within the fourties, not bad for a Chanel base. The packaging is a bit on the cheaper looking side (plastic), but I don't mind if the extra bucks saved goes into ingredients, which this base seems to do as it is made of the newest high tech ingredients not only for the appearance it gives the skin, but adds those ingredients which are good for the skin in the first place. A treatment oriented foundation w/a flawless finish! What more could you ask for. It's made in France, which by the way not all Chanel USA make-up is made. I find French formula bases and powders to be milled finer (smaller) than others from other brands. This is not a definitive rule, but I find it more true than not.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/29/2012 1:58:00 PM More reviews by NaturalGirl1116

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really love this foundation. Let me start off by saying if your looking for a lot of coverage this is NOT the foundation for you. This gives the most natural glowing look to the skin. It doesn't cling to my dry bits or cake up anywhere. It feels like I'm not wearing any makeup, I love it! The consistency is very thin yet creamy and it just melt in the skin. I wear br10 in this which is the lightest color, I'm very pale and It's a little dark on me but I just mix a little white foundation in to fix this. I think this will be my go to spring and summer foundation. Oh, and it also LASTS all day on my skin. The only downside is the high price tag but I would pay the money again for this great foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/28/2012 4:48:00 PM More reviews by rpatchell

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Okay, so I went to get a sample of this foundation this past weekend and have been using it ever since (total of 3 days so far). For reference, I have combination skin, oily T-zone, normal cheeks, dry around the lips. I know it's only been 3 days, but honestly I don't want to finish the sample I got. My skin feels parched, as if I have a sunburn or something. This foundation stings immediately upon application around my nose, eyebrows and forehead. Then, throughout the day, my skin just feels dryer and dryer. It's now 5pm, and I can't wait to get home and wash it off (just like I did yesterday) because my skin feels feverish and is starting to sting again. I don't know if the spf in this foundation is reacting w/ my regular spf (Kate Somerville spf serum) or if it's the alcohol/scent in it. Needles to say, I don't think I'll be purchasing this one. I want to give it another shot tomorrow and skip my regular spf serum and see if it goes on better and wears better throughout the day, but I'm skeptical. The search for my HG foundation continues.
EDIT: I believe my sunscreen (Kate Somerville SPF 55 serum sunscreen) was the culprit for the stinging sensation with this foundation - now ALL my foundations burn applied over this sunscreen... GREAT! I will have to get my hands on another sample and try this out again and reevaluate my review.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2012 6:13:00 AM More reviews by LittlePrincessJasmine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

One of my favourite high end foundations. Love the color match. Medium coverage, glides on smoothly. It smells fantastic, as all of Chanel products.
Great for normal to dry skin. Dewy finish.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2012 1:22:00 AM More reviews by missmooxbear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

My favorite go-to foundation since I've discovered it!

It's extremely pricey, but I'm happy to say that you're not just paying for the brand name, you're actually paying for a product that works beautifully ~

This foundation has light to light medium coverage - so if you're the type of person who has a lot to cover or you just generally prefer a heavier coverage, then save yourself some money and just skip out on this foundation. BUT, if you prefer a more natural look and you want to look like you have good skin (not perfect) then I think you'd really enjoy it.

For such a light foundation, I think it has a really good coverage and I LOVE how light it feels on the skin (it seriously feels like you have nothing on). This foundation is great for evening out your skin tones and covering some minor skin discoloration/problems. It also contains SPF 15, which for everyday wear (unless you'll be exposed to the sun often) is pretty good.

The actual foundation itself is very thin and blendable, and has a semi-matte finish. It works best when applied with CLEAN hands; be sure to shake this foundation well because it does separate in the bottle (and when you think you shook it enough, shake it a couple more times just to make sure). For better coverage, I find that applying it in a "patting" motion works best as well as layering the foundation (remember though: more layers = more coverage = less natural).

The packaging is...ehhh, nothing special but nothing to complain about either; instead of a pump, it has a kind of "dropper" which does tend to get a bit dirtied up with dried foundation - but it does have a good control on how much product is dispensed.

The only negative I really have to say about this product, is that the color selection is extremely limited! I get so sad during summer because I get so dark and I'm unable to use this foundation (I'm using their darkest shade: BR50 - Beige Rose). If you're planning on purchasing/trying this foundation, I suggest you go to a mall counter that sells Chanel and actually try it out on person; although the color selection sucks, because it's so thin, it tends to match unexpectedly.