Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

3.7

Aqua/Water/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl PEG, PPG 10, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Talc, Silica Silylate, Sodium PCA, C12 15 Alkyl Ethylhexanoate, Magnesium Sulfate, Zinc Stearate, Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Acrylates, C12 22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Bis PEG, PPG 14, 14 Dimethicone, Laureth 7, Lecithin, Tribehenin, Amodimethicone, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Phenoxyethanol, Trihydroxystearin, Dimethiconol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Parfum (Fragrance), Xanthan Gum, Propylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylene Carbonate, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Laureth 4, Sodium Sulfate, BHT, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methlyproprional, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Geranoil, Alpha Isomethyl, Ionone, Citronellol, May Contain (+/-):, Titanium Dioxide Cl 77891, Iron Oxides ( CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) (Feburary 2015, glass bottle with red cap ingredients) - titanium dioxide, octinoxate, water, cyclopentasiloxane, butylene glycol, cetylpeg/ppg-10/1 dimethicone, talc, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium pca, silica silylate, C12 15 Alkyl ethylhexanoate, magnesium sulfate, zinc stearate, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, acrylates/C12-22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, BisPEG/PPG-14/14 dimethicone, amodimethicone, laureth 7, lecithin, tribehenin, disteardimonium hectorite, phenoxyethanol, trihydroxystearin, chlorphenesin, dimethiconol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, xanthan gum, fragrance, pentylene glycol, tocopheryl acetate, propylene carbonate, hydroxyethyl cellulose, glycerin, citric acid, fructose, sodium hydroxide, urea, laureth-4, hexyl cinnamal, limonene, butylphenyl methlyproprional, allantoin, maltose, sodium chloride, sodium lactate, sodium sulfate, trehalose, benzyl salicylate, linalool, geraniol, bht, citronellol, alpha-isomethyl ionone, glucose, sodium hyaluronate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, iron oxides

on 8/13/2012 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

This foundation works so well on dry skin! Its very hydrating. As I have found with most of my other drugstore foundations they look so cakey when applied to my dry skin this does not have a cakey look to it at all. It covers some of my acne scars and does blur small pimples so you will need a concealer for any other. I love the smell to the foundation as well. The color match is alright i have to blend down my neck more with this foundation. I have 100 ivory. The lastability is alright if i touch my face then it would come off but most of the color is there at the end of the day. The finish is really DEWY so thats why i like it for my dry skin. but i feel that even with my dry skin i have to dust a light powder over my face. But on the bright side it didnt break me out (:

on 8/10/2012 7:30:00 PM

I'm EXTREMELY IMPRESSED by this foundation. This might be my HG. I have very sensitive skin but this has not broke me out at all. The coverage is pretty good. I mix mine with Shiseido face sunscreen to thin it out but it still covers pretty well. I am NC30 and "soft beige" is the perfect match for me. The finish is great. It looks natural and really does last all day. I live in Texas and it's summertime and my skin looks great even through sweating.

The minuses for me is that I wish the packaging was pump, instead of squeeze. OH well *shrug*, still more hygienic and convenient than in a jar. The other minus for me is the very obvious fragrance, but the smell goes away when I mix it with my face sunscreen.

All in all, a great buy. It was for less than $6 at Walgreens with a Sunday paper coupon.

SO SO glad I tried this foundation. Try it, you won't be disappointed.

*EDIT*

4/2/2013
I still like this foundation very much. It covers really well.. however I've found a much better foundation that I use daily--- Skin79 BB Cream Gold. I still keep one tube of Rimmel as backup.

I've always believed foundation was worth spending a lot on and have been using Laura Mercier silk creme foundation for the last 3 years and loved it. I was light on cash this month and bought the Rimmel lasting finish foundation as a short term replacement and I honestly think I like this better than my $40 foundation! The texture is amazing and goes on so smooth then dries to a beautiful finish which is glowy but not shiny and not too matte. I use my MAC 187 duo fiber brush and it covers my uneven skin tone flawlessly and looks totally natural! I can't believe its only $8, such a steal I hope they never discontinue it!!! I even like the tube packaging because its easy to throw in a travel bag, this is my new favorite foundation for sure.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really dont like this product, its too thin and doesnt cover well, have even tried loads of different shades, and still same result!!
Give me Mac or Dior foundation anyday.

on 8/9/2012 9:27:00 AM

I bought this foundation after reading some good reviews about it. It has medium coverage and the shade I wear is 100 Ivory (the lightest)(for reference I'm NC 20 in MAC and Buff in Colorstay), which suits me nicely. It applies easily whether with fingers or a foundation brush. The lasting power on its own (no primer or powder) is not that great, it starts to settle in the lines of my forehead in about 4 hours or so, but with powder it lasts a lot more. Overall, I'm pleased with my purchase, as long as I use this with powder on top it lasts all day and looks natural too. I would also like to note that I've only worn this foundation in really hot weather, so the lasting power might improve in a more normal atmosphere.

This product is okay for oily skin it lasts longer on my face than all of the other liquid foundations that ive tried. but i would probably recommend this for people with drier skin because it is very hydrating and would probably last longer on drier skins. Over all for the price whicc was $6 in canada on sale its pretty good quality.

on 8/8/2012 3:01:00 AM

I have re-purchased this product already and i still love it. I use shade 103, and I started out using it as a foundation, but I later noticed it's such a close match to my skin-tone that I now just use it as a concealer under my eyes and around my nose, without any other products to blend it or anything! It does last very well, I workout a lot and it never looks patchy or streaky or cakey. It might slightly wear off, but evenly, and that's after about 2 hours of continuous sweating! It has also not broken me out ever.
I have only given it 3/5 though, just because for its actual purpose of a foundation, I prefer others over it. It does have a bit of a greasy finish and just doesn't feel as nice on the skin as I would have wanted it to, which is why i switched to just using it on my problem areas. But if you aren't worried about foundation feeling super natural to the touch, then i would recommend this product!

on 8/7/2012 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

love this foundation! I seem to be switching between this and Revlon colorstay and was having trouble deciding which I liked more. But I've decided I actually like this foundation more! It stays on for so long and looks more natural than colorstay. I do have to keep blotting my face throughout the day but that's just bcy skin is that oily. I highly recommend this for a natural medium coverage foundation. I have acne scars and still get small breakouts here and there and this does a fine job covering. FYI the shades all look super dark but don't let that deter you. I am buff in colorstay and nc20 in mac and the lightest shade ( I believe it's ivory) is a perfect match for me.

on 8/5/2012 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I mainly used MAC prolongwear and Estee Lauder double wear before randomly trying this foundation a couple months ago. Now I only use this foundation in shade 202 (for ref I am mac nc30 or tawny in dw). It has been a very hot and humid summer and this lasts from early morning to late evening. I do blot and powder a couple times throughout the day which is fine because the coverage stays very nicely. I found this on sale for $6 at Shoppers and notice it goes on sale quite often, can't get any cheaper than that and the colour matches my skin tone way better than any other foundation I have tried. The packaging may not be anything fancy but its definitely worth trying if you like longwear foundation and have oily skin like me.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Great long wearing foundation. I wish there was a bigger color selection, because the lightest shade is slightly too dark for me. This foundation is very moisturizing, and in my opinion looks less cakey than colorstay. It does feel tacky for a few minutes after,until it thoroughly sinks into the skin. This foundation also seems to get the most compliments. Its cheap, and the bottle is designed well (squeeze tube). Im on my second bottle and I will continue repurchasing.