October 31, 2014 | 1617 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2012 2:20:00 AM More reviews by bellalizamarie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been looking for a good foundation. For the price, this works really well. I have the one for dry skin and it doesn't highlight any dry patches I may have. I find the best way to apply is with my fingers or a beauty blender. When I want a lighter coverage I mix it with moisturizer and it lasts quite a long while. I get about 13 hrs wear with this, I haven't tested the 25 hrs claim, but for normal to dry skin types it more than likely would still look decent. I find there is no need to set the foundation, but maybe that would be necessary in the summer. Great for the price, but still covers and lasts.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2012 2:28:00 PM More reviews by mjc410

I really like this foundation. It does a really good job at covering up minor blemishes. The only thing I don't like is that I put it on at about 6am and it barely lasts til night time.Also I only rated it a four because it is really hard to get product out of it when it is almost gone.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2012 5:03:00 PM More reviews by caseyoshea07

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this foundation. I use it with their primer under it and it lasts all day! It also makes my skin look really even and nice and for those who worry about oxidization through out the day, you don't have to worry! It didn't budge at all from the time when I put it on until the moment I went to bed! Great product! I definetely will be repurchasing!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2012 3:54:00 AM More reviews by charlottewebster

I wanted to give this foundation a decent trial before reviewing it, I've been using it atleast 5 times per week for over a month now and I believe I have FINALLY found my HG foundation!!! I have severe combination skin (flakey and dry patches - dermatitis and acne prone, with a very oily T-zone) so I struggle to find a foundation that looks ok on my skin straight after application, let alone after a full day of work or a night out. I don't know how but this stuff is just perfect. The coverage is fantastic - I use a little concealer under my eyes and on any dark spots (which are becoming fewer and further between as I've finally figured out a great skincare routine thanks to Makeupalley!) and then my skin actually looks flawless. In the past my foundation usually fades around my nose and on the centre of my chin first, revealing my red patches, but after 8 hours of work, there is NO patchiness, minimal oil, no separating or caking.

Bottom line- Excellent coverage, long lasting, mattifying yet moisturising. Doesn't break me out. Drastically minimizes the appearance of fine lines and pores.

Everything I could ask for in a foundation and this is less than a third of the price of MAC and other high end brands, and half the price of L'Oreal.

My only complaint- as with most people, is the lack of colour selection. I am an NC20 and wear Shade 100. When I am wearing fake tan I switch to shade 202.

For me, this beats every other foundation I've tried hands down (MAC Studio Fix & Studio Sculpt, Chanel Vita Lumiere & Teint Inocent, Revlon Colorstay, Maybelline Superstay, Almay TLC, Max Factor Miracle Touch, Innoxa, Clinique, and so many more!)

I love this foundation!! I am going to stick with it!!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2012 9:04:00 PM More reviews by skitles78

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Okay so I really liked this product, full coverage and really did last- 2 things I'm looking for in a foundation, but sadly with all that greatness came a bad side effect for me. My face is clear w minor acne scars from the past. But after using this foundation I noticed I started getting a few breakouts. I even got one big pimple on my nose. I knew the more I used the foundation the more I brokeout. So after I stopped using this my acne cleared back up and my clear skin was back. Sooo if your not prone to breakouts this is a great foundation! But if you are prone to acne I would steer clear of this foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2012 6:29:00 PM More reviews by xryuusei

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely LOVE this foundation--it provides a medium to full coverage which beats my high end foundation like MAC, and NARS. I bought it on clearance at Shoppers for $1.99 and I wish I bought more just because it's become my HG foundation. It literally stays on for 12 hours (I'm a student, so I have classes from 8-2pm, meetings and gym session, so by the time I come home it's usually at 9-10pm).

Great price since it's often on sale at Shoppers here. The shade is definitely misleading. I picked up a 202 Nude because it looked closest in shade to the revlon colorstay in sand beige on the display (Which used to be my HG). The shades tend to run darker than the name, so be careful! Just for reference, I'm an NC25-NC30

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2012 6:33:00 PM More reviews by mrsbigsky

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm going to spoil all the good reviews! Sorry but there is nothing lasting about Lasting Finish Foundation by Rimmel. Plus the warm ivory in 102 is too dark for my ivory skin. So the combination of the two equals a bad match for me.

While this is a thicker consistency, it does not cover as well as other similar drugstore formulas such as Revlon's Colorstay or even CG's clean makeup.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2012 9:34:00 PM More reviews by emily94

Love it! I have acne prone skin and I usually have to wear some kind of concealer along with foundation. I love this because it has the perfect amount of coverage so I don't usually need concealer but it also doesn't look like I'm wearing a ton of makeup. After using it my skin broke out for a couple days but cleared up (This usually happens any time I switch foundations). The one down side is after a few hours wearing it my face gets shiny. So I got Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder. If I brush a little of that on with the foundation my makeup looks perfect all day!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2012 8:25:00 PM More reviews by Tallywa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

quick summary of my skin: im Asian and i have mild acne on my forehead, but my face is generally not that oily. this broke me out. one day, i was going out with my friends, and i wore this (it was the first time too) and after i got home and washed my face, i noticed it broke me out! i don't really love the finish, it's a bit matt on me, but it does have pretty good coverage. i got this at my drug store for about 11 bucks, so i guess its not that bad, but i don't reccommend it to anyone with acne.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2012 7:02:00 PM More reviews by misanders

There are some good and bad things about this foundation. I had problems using my fingers, it just felt sticky and I hated it. Waited a few months and tried again. Used a buffing brush (real techniques) with a small amount of foundation and this worked great. It does last a long time and looks great. The thing I hate is that I can feel it on my skin. Right now in winter with dry skin it's not to bad. There's no way I could wear this in the summer. Probably won't buy again.