April 21, 2014 | 979 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2011 4:25:00 PM More reviews by SamC1987

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is quite good for a Rimmel product. It has fair coverage, and does last quite well, but it tends to wear off in the forehead area (near eyebrows) and around the nose by lunch time (if applied early in the morning). If you top up on powder through out the day though it usually lasts. Though it can feel quite heavy on your face and it's sticky so you really have to use powder with it. I would buy it again as I think for the price it's good value for money.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2011 5:13:00 PM More reviews by beautiflower

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i've been wearing it for over a week and i only have a couple cons.
the "25 hour" claim is completely false.
i have oily skin, and this is a very nice natural (cross between dewy and matte, not the harsh, paint-like matte of revlon colorstay) finish for about 2 hours, then it starts getting a bit shiny on my nose, the actual coverage doesn't wear away, it just lets a little oil through. this is without blotting or powdering. if i DO blot and powder about half way through the day, then it looks pretty good. the large pores on my nose start getting kind of noticeable though around the same time as i get really oily, but if i quickly touch it up with a bit more foundation they disappear again.
this foundation: comes in a convenient squeeze tube (unlike the infamous revlon CS' pumpless glass bottle), has great medium-full coverage (covered my acne scars and dark under eye circles quite well), is very bendable (much better then revlon colorstay!), i wear 103 true ivory. it could be a bit more yellow/olive, but it's the exact same shade (light-medium) as my skin). it also only costs $10 in Canada (as apposed to revlon CS which costs $20!) the cons: it smells like soap...this doesn't bother me, but i suppose it could bother some people. over all, i like it better than revlon colorstay as far as the initial, natural looking finish, and the color selection. but i wish it had the amazing staying power/oil control of revlon CS!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2011 12:18:00 AM More reviews by jiee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of the best foundation I've ever used (I haven't used many though). It has a medium coverage and blends very well. It can be a little bit greasy so it's perfect for dry skin. I didn't really enjoy it in the beginning because it showed my patches, but later I moisturized by skin really well before applying my foundation, and it works so much better. I only wish it has more color selections, but it still works fine. It's inexpensive so I would repurchase it.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/11/2011 8:16:00 PM More reviews by huntermekare

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The coverage is aaaamazing. None of the colors match me perfectly, but you couldn't tell, it blended in so well. My skin tone wasn't uneven and it looked like flesh versus a face full of makeup. Its long lasting and doesn't need to be set with powder.
So the color isn't perfect and I would so be in love with the coverage and feel of this foundation but it makes me breakout. I wish it didn't, because otherwise I could live with the slight color mismatch.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2011 12:12:00 AM More reviews by ladydee86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I get soo many compliments on my skin , you can see my photos i have worn this forever and i have tried soo many foundations , very expensive ones, from Christian Dior, Estee Lauder, Clinique, MAC, etc... Butt nothing compares to this it last me whole day until i go to bed. The only thing is that after i put it on i have to wait a little bit before it dries so i fan my face and put loose powder on top , people tell me i have doll complexion, very very good product !!!! Very!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2011 9:14:00 AM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow! what a find! Thanks MUA. I have been wearing Revlon Colorstay for past 11 years in various colors for my NC40-42 indian skintone. Right now Im in Revlon Colorstay Golden Caramel so I picked the Rimmel foundation in NATURAL BEIGE. They both looked similar in color, natural beige is a better match while CS Golden Caramel is slighter darker.

The Rimmel coverage is similar to Estee Lauder Double wear. It doesnt control oil any better than colorstay. This is thicker coverage so I dont recommended for ladies with drier skin. I have used pretty much majority of popular full coverage foundations on the market: Chanel Perfection, Lancome Teint Idole Ultra, Estee Lauder Double Wear, Avon Extralasting, Tarte Amazoninan Clay, Clinique Even Better, Milani. This rivals them all.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2011 5:56:00 PM More reviews by nlt87

I've purchased this several times and I love it it's so light weight it feels like you have nothing on your skin, but yet it gives you medium coverage and you can build it up if need be. Surprisingly shade 200 soft beige was basically a perfect match for me. it doesn't last 25 hours as it claims but it does last an entire work day and I've worn it out after work to run some errands and it lasted until I took a shower and washed it off. Unfortunately as far as color choices go there's not really much for choices I believe you only have about 3 or 4 colors to choose from. Other then that it is a great buy I got mine at target for $7 which is cheaper then alot of foundations out there. If you're in the market for a new foundation I say it's worth a shot.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2011 8:24:00 AM More reviews by Lollaj

I love this foundation. I used it on my wedding day! I have combination skin and so my face does become a little more oily throughout the day, but I think I am going to find this with most foundations. It has a medium coverage, blendable, smells nice, gives good colour and has a pump dispenser which I really like. The price is really reasonable and I definitley would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2011 10:41:00 PM More reviews by peggy1234

I have bought this several times over. I think it is the best drugstore foundation on the market for me. I like some coverage but not a mask. I also must have it be long wearing and this is. I use a very light powder over it. Dollar store LA Powder because it is so sheer and does not look cakey.
My absolute favorite foundation is EsteeLauder double wear. It wears all day and can be sheered out or built up for extra coverage in places.
However as far as drug store foundation goes...Rimmel 24 hour is really good. It also seems to be good with photos which Estee Lauder is not.
Also I have dryish skin, if you have oily skin you would probably not like this product.
I am a nc25 and wear 200 in this.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2011 10:22:00 PM More reviews by kristashae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Bought this yesterday and returned it today. This foundation is very thick, even too thick for me and my favorite foundation in Revlon ColorStay which I thought was thick. Lasted about 4 hours, I went and checked my face in the mirror at the end of church and it had melted off in some places and looked so patchy, oily, just disgusting! And I wasn't even sweating or doing anything, I couldn't imagine what it'd look like at the end of work! Back to Revlon ColorStay it is!