November 22, 2014 | 976 users online

Moisturizers - Garnier - Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2010 8:10:00 PM More reviews by Diva99

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a good moisturizer that distributes an even amount of moisture on my combination skin and does not leave the areas outside of my t-zone feeling too dry. It is also an excellent base for makeup. However, the product runs out too quickly (1.5-2 months) so for this reason I won't be repurchasing on a regular basis as there are other products that offer better moisture and more value for the amount of product you get.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2010 3:18:00 PM More reviews by mandapanda1214

I love this product! It doesn't feel sticky on your skin. It absorbs well so you can apply your makeup quickly after(also makes skin really smooth so your makeup has a good base). I really like applying this moisturizer after I use a mask. I always add a bit extra under my eyes to as a sort of eye cream. Definitely worth the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2010 4:52:00 PM More reviews by tomboi94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this with intentions to use it as a night cream....turns out it deffinately isn't moisturizing enought to wear at night if you like to wake up to a nice, dewy face like I do.

However, this makes a great daily moisturizer for those with oily skin (such as myself). It doesn't control oil for me at all, but it creates a nice smooth canvas for my makeup without the expense of a primer needed. I do recommend this; however be sure to do a test spot first because it has a very strong scent that could break one out. I have fairly sensitive skin and it hasn't broken me out so far though :)
good luck!
Oh, ps...the packaging is very nice! It seems very expensive looking for a drugstore product. Some might complain it isn't sanitary though because it is in a tub form. . . just use clean hands to dip into it! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2010 9:22:00 PM More reviews by BEjunkie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this. Snagged it at CVS for $5! Feels very, very similar to Clinique's Moisture Surge gel, which also comes in a jar and retails for like 30-something bucks. The only thing I'm not keen on is putting a uber-scented lotion on my sensitive skin, but so far so good -- no breakouts!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2010 11:22:00 PM More reviews by proman91

I bought this product because i wanted something light to hydrate my combination acne prone skin. It absorbed too quickly and made my skin feel dry. There is also not a lot of product. I think they're basically charging you for the glass packaging. I would definitely not recommend it. It was refreshing but it did not hydrate at all!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2010 10:33:00 PM More reviews by cbailey4111

Huge fan of this stuff. I used to use Cetaphil because I am on Retin-A and that can dry your skin out pretty badly if you're not careful with the moisturizer. However, Cetaphil would also turn my face into an oil slick, even when I would let the lotion set and then wipe off the top layer before priming and doing make up.

This stuff is great. No oiliness, no breakouts, absorbs into my skin in like 2 minutes, instead of 15 like Cetaphil. It's not as moisturizing, but that's okay now that my skin has acclimated to the Retin-A.

I will repurchase over and over.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2010 3:37:00 PM More reviews by bekelleh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

So far, so good. I have been using this product for a week now. It makes my skin very soft and smooth. No break outs. But the winter is fast approaching and we'll see if it is able to keep my skin hydrated. I also agree with other reviewers that this is a gel - definitely not creamy.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2010 2:30:00 PM More reviews by lilacmess

I wanted to like this. It feels nice on my skin and worked well under makeup, but it broke me out instantly.

I am still using this on my legs until it runs out, but I definitely won't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2010 11:43:00 PM More reviews by aeg123

I love everything about this product the price,the scent,the texture and the results it gives.I live in new england and it's getting pretty cold hear and this helps to keep my skin moisturized but i will say the name is a little misleading because I wouldn't say it's a gel-cream but rather just a gel.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2010 2:14:00 PM More reviews by LightPink

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really like this! My mineral powder looks sooooo much better too. Smells fresh and clean... I really like it but I might try something out with SPF next time. I also wish this was in a pump so I don't have to touch the gel cream in the jar.

Update 1/11/2011......I bought this three times now! I think 1 little jar lasts me a month and a half so maybe I need to use less to make this last longer....hopefully garnier puts this in a HUGE pump bottle!!!