September 23, 2014 | 1637 users online

Moisturizers - Garnier - Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2010 3:37:00 PM More reviews by bekelleh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

So far, so good. I have been using this product for a week now. It makes my skin very soft and smooth. No break outs. But the winter is fast approaching and we'll see if it is able to keep my skin hydrated. I also agree with other reviewers that this is a gel - definitely not creamy.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2010 2:30:00 PM More reviews by lilacmess

I wanted to like this. It feels nice on my skin and worked well under makeup, but it broke me out instantly.

I am still using this on my legs until it runs out, but I definitely won't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2010 11:43:00 PM More reviews by aeg123

I love everything about this product the price,the scent,the texture and the results it gives.I live in new england and it's getting pretty cold hear and this helps to keep my skin moisturized but i will say the name is a little misleading because I wouldn't say it's a gel-cream but rather just a gel.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2010 2:14:00 PM More reviews by LightPink

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really like this! My mineral powder looks sooooo much better too. Smells fresh and clean... I really like it but I might try something out with SPF next time. I also wish this was in a pump so I don't have to touch the gel cream in the jar.

Update 1/11/2011......I bought this three times now! I think 1 little jar lasts me a month and a half so maybe I need to use less to make this last longer....hopefully garnier puts this in a HUGE pump bottle!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2010 10:33:00 PM More reviews by Kellykins

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Before I was content with my Clinique Dramatically Different Gel, but then I found a sample of this in a magazine, and how it was described was what lured me in. I tried it on the next morning, and wow! The smell, scrumpdillydumptious. Very citrusy and it just wakes you up. The texture, is something you don't find often in drugstore moisturizers. It gave the same effect, if not better than than the Clinique's DDG, for like half the price? And you can find easily get it at your nearest drugstore? How convenient! I'm really glad I found this product, saving money is always a plus. It didn't break me out or anything, which I like a lot.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2010 9:09:00 PM More reviews by princess101

I like this product, however, I find the name mis-leading. This is not a gel-cream in my opinion. It looks, feels and applies like a true gel. That being said, this is a great summertime moisturizer for me. I have oily skin in the summer due to the change in weather, and this provides enough moisture and creates a great base for makeup. It seems to form some sort of barrier between my skin and makeup, almost like a primer.

I was a long-time user of Biotherm Aquasource (10+ years), and this has since replaced that.

I do like that the product is packaged in a nice heavy weight jar, like higher-end items, but would prefer if this were in a pump bottle. I'd even purchase this if it were in a squeeze tube. I did end up using a spatula to scoop the gel into an airless pump bottle (better for travel).

rated 2 of 5 on 11/4/2010 6:53:00 PM More reviews by Walhalla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well, I have very dry skin and this product doesn't moisturize it adequately. After 10-15 minutes, I can already see dry skin coming back. It also leaves the skin a little bit sticky. The cooling effect is nice, but it is sometimes so strong that it almost hurts. Because my skin is so dry, it is sensitive to certain products and this is one of them. I tried using it in combination with a moisturizing cream and it doesn't really do anything. The smell and texture are nice, but that's about it for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2010 12:44:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I use this at night with my other night cream. Between my night cream, this, and the SPF version my skin has never been so clear! The only times I have broken out it's not due to these products (hormonal). It's lightweight yet moisturizes because all my dry spots are gone. Then there's the fact that it's so cheap and you get so much. Also the container seems to last forever. My only gripe is that with this they used a jar instead of a pump like the SPF version. They should have had both in bottles.

Edit: After a while I found that this just didn't moisturize.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2010 12:53:00 PM More reviews by andToto2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I recently started using Garnier's Moisture Rescue Lightweight UV Lotion, and I love it. It made such a positive difference in my skin, so I decided to give this a try. I like this just about as much.

It has a wonderful consistency, with a fresh but not overwhelming smell, which doesn't linger. It feels lovely going on, and does not feel tacky once it dries. What I had noticed with the UV Lotion was that day by day, the condition of my skin improved after I started using this product. I wanted to get this for nighttime, and I think it has made even more of an improvement in my skin.

I have very sensitive skin. I use Retin-A Micro at night and a 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide during the day. My skin tends to burn and sting with many skin care products. These two products seem to be restoring my skins condition to a healthier, softer condition. The advertising talks about them improving your skins own moisture barrier. I generally tend not to put too much stock into claims like that, but this claim seems to be true for me.

I find this to be an effective product for a reasonable price.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2010 1:35:00 AM More reviews by DankeBitte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this stuff! I love gel moisturizers because they don't seem too thick or heavy and I have had clearer skin since I started using it. Will definitely repurchase.