Garnier Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

3.8

Aqua/Water, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., Dimethicone, Isononyl Isononanoate, Carbomer, Dimethiconol, Chlorphenesin, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Hydroxide, Vitis Vinifera Extract/Grapefruit Extract, Xanthan Gum, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Menthoxypropanediol, Magnesium Gluconate, Sodium Citrate, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Calcium Gluconate, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, CI 19140/Yellow 5, CI 42090/Blue 1, Parfum/Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol. [September 2010]

on 12/30/2010 8:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is my 2nd HG find this week and I can almost cry. I am so thankful that this is so cheap. I do not like paying too much for so-so items, and if I find something I like that is a little too $, I do try to look for something similar but cheaper because I don't believe that a product has to be expensive to work well.

I love gel moisturizers because I am very oily, but very dehydrated because I use a lot of exfoliants to help with my acne & scarring. This moisturizes so well because of the high glycerin content which is listed as the 2nd ingredient. I have had some break out issues with glycerin products before, but not with this.

What makes this HG?
1) Moisturizes w/o any greasy feeling. Absorbs like that (snaps fingers)
2) Make up wears very well over it
3) Very affordable, around $7
4) Easy to find
5) Doesn't add to my oilliness or acne

Does any remember L'oreal's Hydrafresh? It was a fav of mine before they stopped making it, but they had a gel moisturizer that looks and feels just like this. I think the light scent it the same too? Maybe it is a reincarnation, but whatever it is, this is wonderful stuff.

I highly recommend it to those using a lot of chemical exfoliants, I use retinoids and glycolic acid. Those who wear makeup, with oily skin and anyone who wants a frill free moisturizer that makes your skin feel comfortable and gets rid of the flakes of dry patches.

on 12/28/2010 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

For me, this was a win! It feels cool when I apply it, but it dries to a nice, soft finish, leaving my skin moisturized without feeling greasy or oily. Personally, I like the mild, fruity-herbal smell, but it fades away quickly after putting it on, so even if I disliked it, it wouldn't be an issue. I will definitely repurchase this! I do wish it came in a tube instead of a jar so that I don't have to keep putting my fingers in it, though.

on 12/28/2010 9:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I have semi oily acne prone skin and am alsways looking for a good moisturizer that wont break me out. I finally found it!! This gel-creme feels so lightweight and rephreshing on my skin, but at the same time really moisturizes me. It soaks right in and doesnt feel greasy at all! Ive found that it makes my Revlon Colorstay apply better too.It doesnt make my skin feel tight right afterwards either. I love the smell and texture of it. I love the jar it comes in,but if it came with a pump Id love it even more.

on 12/27/2010 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have oily skin and this moisturizer is great. I use it at night and my face feels soft and smooth and isn't oily in the morning it is very light all you need is a little. I think moisturizer is awesome!

on 12/27/2010 8:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

It's 5 a.m., and I'm at work. But I had to log on and review this!!!
I'VE ONLY USED THIS FOR ONE NIGHT SO FAR.
My skin before this, I was breaking out, my usual tea tree oil and coconut oil didn't help. My t-zone and chin were oily with flakes around the pimples/cystic and little white heads, while my cheeks were normal. I used this last night, and I woke up to ONE whitehead. My skin was neither oily or dry and there was no redness!!!!. The dry areas had cleared up, my break out were gone. <3
When I first applied it, I don't know much about gel, so I put on a little more than enough, which cause my face to be sticky for a bit, but it was gone within 10 minutes.
I'm giving this a 5 for now, and will be back to edit after I've used this for a while.

on 12/24/2010 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I came across this product when I was looking for a good nighttime cream that would moisturize my skin without clogging my pores. Everything else I had tried up to then hadn't wowed me much. I was drawn by the fact that it's a gel-creme.

The first time I tried it I wasn't too sure. It's really more of a gel than a cream, and when it warms to your skin it turns liquid very quickly. A little went a long way due to its liquid consistency and it was so light that I wasn't sure about its moisturizing ability. But I loved the smell and it didn't break me out, so I decided to give it a trial period.

After several weeks of putting it on every night before bed, I am head over heels in love. This is definitely HG, 3-things-on-a-desert-island for me. I can't claim that it will do the same for you, but it's a miracle product for me. Since I began using it, my skin is SO soft, and so clear and glowing. My complexion is more even-toned, my blackheads have all but disappeared, and my skin looks younger and fresher than it has in years. I have to refrain from touching my cheeks all day because they're so soft and smooth.

In the morning I do rinse it off and replace it with an SPF moisturizer (the Lightweight UV Lotion from the same line), but if I'm going out at night this gel-creme also works great under makeup. As long as you don't apply too much (as I said above, a little dab goes a really long way - too much and it will feel a bit sticky) it will sink right into your skin and won't interfere with your makeup at all. If you want a slightly dewy look, apply a second layer of gel-creme and skip the foundation and powder.

I will absolutely buy this again and again.

on 12/24/2010 2:10:00 PM

I like this moisturizer a lot.I like the way it goes on,it has a nice silky texture to it & it makes my face feel soft,smooth & refreshed.I do like something a little heavier on my face at night tho,so I put another cream on over this one.I DO think this would be a perfect night cream during the summer months!

on 12/23/2010 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I started using this product because I had a dollar off coupon. I know I needed to take better care of my skin and a light moisturizer is easier to apply and remember in my opinion. I use twice a day and my face is so soft! Also I have a few blackheads on my nose that refuse to budge and this moisturizer actually helps reduce the appearance. Overall great product and great price

on 12/23/2010 8:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have dry skin, I've been using Philosophy hope in a jar on and off for years which worked great but it's really expensive. I also like Aveno positively radiant lotion but it's $15 a bottle. I decided to buy this after I got a sample in a magazine. First off, this lotion is under $7, it's affordable. It smells amazing, really fresh cucumber scent. The consistancy is a gel and it dries down quickly, it didn't leave a sticky residue behind like other gel lotions I've tried in the past. I used it right after I washed my face and it kept the moisture in. I didn't have any dry flakies like I sometimes get. What I like best about this lotion is that it made my skin very smooth, eliminating the need for a primer. I've been using Smashbox photo finish primer and that stuff is $38 a bottle. This inexpensive lotion has saved me a lot of money. This is my new holy grail lotion.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I just bought this last week and am definitely liking it a lot. The "gel cream" texture is what drew me in and I figured for $7 (which is awesome!!) it wouldn't be a huge deal if I hated it. The texture is also what I love the most about it. It is light and refreshing, does not feel greasy or sticky and gives my face the right amount of moisture. This also smells good. It seems to be marketed for very dry skin, but I don't know how well it would really work for that as it seems very dry skin would prefer a straight up heavy cream. My skin is pretty normal, not too dry or too oily. I also do not tend to need a heavier moisturizer even in winter as that can make me feel greasy. I am also breakout prone and do not have any problems with this yet. It is labeled non-comedogenic and oil free. I wasn't sure about the jar packaging at first, but really I think it is fine. Any moisturizer you use is going to be put on with your hands anyway so like someone said just wash up before dipping into it. I was using Clinique Dramatically Different moisturizer before and I truly prefer this. It reminds me a bit of Clinique's gel version of DD, but about 3 times less in price. This is my first Garnier purchase and I hope they continue making this.