September 21, 2014 | 2091 users online

Concealers - Garnier - Anti-Dark-Circle Eye Roller

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2011 12:30:00 PM More reviews by summerrain1994

I'm so glad that I found this concealer!

I don't have an bags underneath my eyes but by the end of the day I do get a bit of darkness. After using heavy concealers that just caked and looked disgusting underneath my eyes, I decided to try this when I saw that it was on sale at my local Superstore.
I'm very pale and was between two different shades - Sheer Tint and Light. But because I wanted this for its concealer properties rather than it's de-puffing properties, I went with Light. I'm pleasantly surprised that it matches my skintone very well - it's actually a little light but that brings immediate brightness to my under-eye area. There were a few other shades available - those two and then Medium and Dark. So I imagine if you look around you'll be able to find one for every skintone. My local Wal-mart only had Medium so shop around if you can't find your shade!

I also love the cooling feeling that the roller ball has on my skin, it's very soothing and I love using it in the morning. I also keep it in my purse (it's small which is great) for when I notice the circles are getting darkened throughout the day.
I can't rave enough about this thing! I haven't even had it for long and I can see it becoming at HG of mine. I hate using concealer because for me, something so heavy is so unnecessary. That's why I love this - it's light, blends SO easily and don't get cakey.
GO BUY IT! ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2011 11:06:00 AM More reviews by Shoppingisasport

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I am kind of on the fence about this stuff. On the one hand I love it for those days when I don't want to wear makeup. I put a generous amount of this under my eyes and that's all. It makes me look like I actually have a decent, even-toned complexion. On the other hand it's not a great concealer. I used this in combination with my regular Laura Geller concealer, because I have very dark circles. This is pretty good for you lucky girls who just have minimal circles, but it doesn't do squat for the girls like me who have always had those dark, purple-ish circles. Which is why I have reserved it for those days when I go au naturale. It definitely makes my circles barely noticeable, but like I said, it doesn't fully cover when I'm putting my "face" on. Still I would buy it again and I've almost used my little roll on stick up, I put it upside down in my little coozie I use for tweezers, travel-size lotions, odds and ends, etc. Anyway I put it upside down because I feel the product then sinks to the cap, cause I like to pack it on (again, those dark circles, the bain of my existence other than my acne). So, to sum it up, a well-rounded product, does what it claims to do, but not really a heavy-coverage concealer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2011 11:23:00 AM More reviews by NikitaRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

Really great at covering dark circles. The consistency is really nice, quite thin and liquidy but it is easy to blend and it does cover really well plus it dries quickly. I love the cooling feeling too, it feels really good. I wish there was a better color selection, there are only two options available where I live (light to medium and medium to dark) and because I am a NW15 the lightest color is still too dark for me so I have to blend it really well. I like the steel roller-ball and overall i think the packaging is pretty great. Will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2011 4:22:00 AM More reviews by lalacoco

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Current favorite. Covers up dark circles great. Love how quick and convenient it is to apply this concealer, just roll and lightly tap. The only problem is it only comes in one color and does not have a shade for darker skin tones.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2011 5:31:00 PM More reviews by cloroxcowgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

So far, I do like this concealer a lot. I've been looking for a light to medium coverage concealer that won't irritate my sensitive eyes and this fits the bill. On a daily basis I prefer a natural makeup look and so I don't want to use a heavy duty concealer, which looks odd with light makeup imo. I agree with the reviews below that this doesn't completely conceal my hereditary dark circles, but it's enough coverage for that no makeup look. The color is also a tad more yellow than my skintone, although it helps counteract the blue circles (I do think there should be at least couple more shades for people with darker and lighter skintones). Unfortunately, I do find this concealer emphasizes my fine lines, though not a great deal, but enough that it's worth mentioning. For this reason, I find that it works best over a hydrating eye cream. This concealer has great staying power for as light as it is, though. I've been wearing it in the extreme heat and it's stayed put all day, no creasing or melting. It does seem to turn into a powder after you apply it, which I think helps with the staying power but not with hydrating the eye area. All in all, I would purchase this again, and would give it five stars if it was a bit more hydrating.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2011 8:13:00 PM More reviews by lebon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried this concealer based on the reviews here, and once again, you ladies did not steer me wrong! This is simply amazing - I've read descriptions of products (be they concealers or foundations) that supposedly "disappear" into skin, but to be honest, I always thought that was just hyperbole; I didn't believe such a thing was possible. This concealer, though, does exactly that: Glides on easily and dissipates into the skin, seemingly taking dark circles with it.

I'm 37 with hereditary dark circles and more wrinkles around the outer corners of my eyes than I care to admit, so my search for a good concealer that covers the circles without settling into the lines has been never-ending. It's the usual catch-22: I'll find a concealer with adequate coverage, but it'll only exacerbate the wrinkles.

This Garnier product, though, has been the exception. I'd say the coverage is medium - it doesn't erase the dark circles completely (mine, anyway), but it certainly lessens them. It also seems to have a very subtle highlighting effect as well - just a barely discernible sheen, which also serves to counteract the circles. A terrific product!

UPDATE: I've been using this exclusively for five months, and I'm still every bit as pleased as I was the first time I tried it! It's wonderful not to have to worry about using a daytime moisturizer (always a hassle, whether it's waiting for it to set before putting on concealer or dealing with it balling up when you try to blend). While I don't think it has done anything by way of correcting my flaws (wrinkles and dark circles), it does such an excellent job of concealing them that I really couldn't ask for more.

But one of the most amazing things about about this product is the fact that I STILL have not run out of my first wand! I bought a replacement about three months ago (I love it so much I was afraid of running out - not a fan, though, of the packaging, as you can't tell how much is left), and it's still sitting in the cabinet under my vanity.

This is simply a stellar product (and an incredible value!).

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2011 10:17:00 AM More reviews by Babyprends

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a pretty good under eye concealer, the color works really well on me. I have pretty bad dark under eye circles and this does help cover them, but it defiantly doesn't cover them completely. It helps brighten the area and make them less noticeable but for me - I need to layer something else on it if I want full coverage. But this really does help brighten the area without looking cakey and gross, and it blends in really nicely. I do like this product a lot.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2011 4:32:00 AM More reviews by slippingbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I personally think that calling this product of a concealer is a bit of a misnomer. I am quite pale, and it does NOT work as a concealer on me. I think the best thing to say about this is that it does help to disguise dark circles, but not by covering them up. Instead, it diffuses the look. Unless your dark circles are barely noticeable, then you still need some sort of foundation or concealer with this product. It DOES make the eye area look more awake and I find that it also helps to prep the area, but in my experience (I've been using the product for close to 2 months) it does not hide dark circles on it's own. That said, I do like the product and I will repurchase it. It helps to enliven the eye area and it certainly does make a difference in the way my concealer applies and wears, but it is not a product that I find I can use by itself.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2011 7:01:00 PM More reviews by amberlynnbg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

FINALLY! A drugstore product that works great, does not settle into lines, is easy to apply and feels great when rolled on. I have heard so many good things about this product, and like everyone else, I was skeptical. But I recently tried it and it is excellent. However, this is not a product for those with serious dark circles. If you have very very dark circles, go with Bobbi Brown's under eye concealers/corrector. But for those with moderate dark circles this is a great product. I have tried many undereye concealers both high and low end and this is my personal favorite. It is very natural looking. I would say it is similar to YSL Touche Eclat but I actually like this so much more!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2011 6:33:00 PM More reviews by JolieBelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

Overall rating- five lippies. Hands down the BEST undereye concealer/brightener on the market that checks both the quality and price marks.

Price: NOT dirt cheap, around 14 or so...at least in Sweden, where I purchased mine from.

Packaging quality: very good, five lippies. Only disadvantage being you can't really see how much you've got left and you can't scrape the tube to the last drop...however, the roll-on system is really handy and easy to carry around/makeup bag with less fuss than a normal concealer.

I'd absolutely buy it because....

I don't have abnormal/really prominent dark circles and they usually fade away with a bit of foundation/concealer on top, for extra safety. I really like having the perfect canvas in the 'triangle' undereyes-nostril-upper eye corner, so this has always been a true adventure- managing to conceal/cover and brighten at the same time while keeping a fresh or at least youthful appearance- the undereye skin can make you look up to ten years older if treated wrongly.

However, we all know how difficult it is to find 'that' HG concealer that would erase any tiredness marks and at the same time hydrate the delicate skin of that area. No matter how expensive or nutrient enriched a concealer might be, i personally always end up looking either overdone, thus older (little skin crevasses, anyone?) or just not 'covered' enough, thus tired. Catch 22 i'd say.

This product is great because it's an eye treatment that conceals darkness; its quality is that it brightens like nothing else out there, making the skin look so much better than with any concealer, and looking extremely natural. All you need is the tiniest amount - I've been using mine for months and still get a lot of product on the ball.

I like the brightening effect, overall, which is natural, and this is definitely a plus. It's natural, not sheer but it looks like it, it doesn't crease once it's dry/drier than when applied and you can easily touch up without too much fuss.

I think it's a great product with a smart and thoughtful concept behind; no wonder it's so popular. Combine this with the price tag and you've got yourself a winner. Hope they never discontinue it.

So if you are looking for something that truly brightens that area (BETTER than YSL's Touche Eclat, hands down!), you won't even need to worry about the coverage- even if you need industrial-strength concealer, you'll notice how the fine texture combines so well with whatever cheapo/high end concealer/foundation you're using and makes it look ten times more natural than anything else. I find that it doesn't need powder either.

Maybe i'm lucky that i find myself so well with this little tube, but i will definitely keep purchasing this over and over again, and i highly, highly recommend it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No