October 21, 2014 | 966 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Professional Super Thick Lash Mascara

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2007 1:56:00 PM More reviews by penelopemb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow! As a faithful user of Clinique mascaras, there was a time not long ago when I would've stuck my nose up at such a cheapy old-school product. (Seriously, didn't Carol Alt or Christie Brinkley do ads for this stuff back in the day?) But ... after reading reviews here, I decided to go for it. As an added bonus, it was marked down to $1.94 at the grocery. So ... am I ever impressed! Two coats of this stuff and you've got lashes out to there. No clumps, either. I've had it on all day and it's stayed on nicely -- no flakes or smudges. At that price, I'm going back to get two or three more tubes for the stash. I fear it is not long for this world because I notice it is getting harder to find ... Ulta doesn't stock it anymore. CG seems devoted to the LashExact line now, so I'd say this and Marathon might end up on death row. Get it while you can! You won't be sorry!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2007 11:38:00 PM More reviews by escalades

When I want dark and dramatic lashes, I turn to this. It's amazing. I've not much experience with different brands but everybody I know says try L'Oreal Voluminous but I disagree. I find CG Super Thick Lash adds more body to my lashes. This is my favorite volumizing mascara.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2007 10:20:00 PM More reviews by 1017

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

UPDATE: 3/2012 - Dear 1017 - STOP BUYING AND TRYING THIS...YOU PREFER LASHBLAST THIS ISN'T AWFUL BUT YOU PREFER LB! PLEASE STOP BUYING AND TRYING AGAIN!!!!

ORIGINAL POSTS: Wow this stuff is great, especially for the price. I hate Cover Girl's cheap, tacky packaging of mascaras, but once you get over that...nice stuff. It really does give that false eyelash look. I mean long and full lashes. What a cheap little discovery! I think I still like MF 2000 Calorie a bit better I think as it seems to give a darker lash (and makes my eyes sparkle more as a result). But Super Thick Lash makes them LONG AND STRONG! I am really surprised. UPDATE 1/25/07 - I think this may have irritated my eyes a bit so I had to drop it to three lippies.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/22/2006 6:25:00 PM More reviews by ksdjfklsdjf

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i just tried this out because a lot of people were saying how great it is. I dont really agree..i mean its not bad..its just not that great. I wanted some really dramatic lashes and this didnt do it for me. The reviewer below said it looked like she had false lashes on but she must have had really long eyelashes to begin with. This thickens somewhat but I like voluminous mascara a lot better. I will use this again some day and come back and update if i change my mind about this mascara but for now i say its just "ok"

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2006 4:38:00 PM More reviews by vintagebeauty102

I just bought this 10 minutes ago and I already love it. It looks like I'm wearing falsies, and only with two coats!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2006 8:26:00 AM More reviews by casabeav

Very good natural looking mascara. It does not lengthen my lashes like I would want it to but the thickening properties are nice. I actually use this in conjunction w/ L'oreal lash out & together I have perfect lashes. Although, it is very nice on it's own, especially for an everyday look. No clumpiness or flakiness either.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2006 11:24:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a very good mascara. I pick some up when it goes on sale. Still prefer L'oreal for the most part, and now CG Lash Exact.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2006 11:21:00 PM More reviews by Zedar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Good volume for the price, but if you can afford Diorshow, I recommend that instead. (Dior has better staying power than both this Covergirl mascara and L'Oreal,Voluminous.)

I will buy Diorshow and Voluminous again before I buy this again, but if those weren't available I would by this (as opposed to, say, Maybelline Great Lash, which I hate, or even Volume Coture, which I think is okay)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2006 12:09:00 PM More reviews by LauraP24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'd heard of this for a long time before I tried it - am I ever glad I did! I've re-purchased several times since, I love this! I've tried countless mascaras, both high and low end (never had major problems with any, though), but this is phenomenal (also the cheapest that I've ever tried!). It doesn't clump or flake, makes my lashes look incredibly thicker, and washes off easily. HG!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/22/2006 9:08:00 AM More reviews by speedbumpmeatpuppet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After being constantly disappointed by high-end makeup, I recently swore off any makeup that didn't come from a drugstore (with the exception of my foundation primer, hah). That being said, I was on a crusade to find an affordable mascara that would thicken my already-long lashes. I bought this based on the reviews here, and OMG i am SO glad I did! This stuff is the BEST mascara I've ever used!! My former love was Max Factor Lash Perfection. Nuts to you, Mr. Factor! I will use your mascara no longer!! I don't even like CoverGirl stuff all that much, but I am in lurrrve with this mascara. It makes my tiny eyes look wider and more awake. PLUS it doesn't irritate, flake, or smear/smudge, even after wearing for a full day :D
EDIT: I moved away from this mascara to try others, but wandered back because I remembered it being so awesome. Maybe I got a bad tube this time, because it flakes SO much now! Only a few hours and then I start finding little black flakes on my cheeks, plus they fall into my eyes causing major irritation. Bummer :(