NARS Desire

4.5

Talc, Cetearyl Isononanoate, Stearoxy Dimethicone, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Cetyl Acetate, Isopropyl Lanolate, BHA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Triclosan [ /- (May Contain): Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Red 7 Lake, Red 22 Lake, Red 28 Lake, Red 30 Lake, Red 33 Lake, Red 34 Lake, Red 36 Lake, Red 36, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Blue 1 Lake, Bismuth Oxychloride, Ultramarines, Chromium Oxide Greens, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Manganese Violet, Carmine, Aluminum Powder, Red 7]

on 2/11/2003 7:32:00 AM

Desire is my favorite Nars blush. I first thought the color might be too strong for my fair and cool skin, but Desire gives me a perfect and soft babydoll flush, plus the illusion of perfect complexion.

on 1/15/2003 1:07:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Deceptive. It looks like a garish hot pink in its container... I didn't know what to do with it... but then the MA showed how just a light dusting on the apples of the cheeks gave a nice glow... it's sheer, and much more wearable than you'd think. Put it this way... I used this in a makeover for my friend in her bridal pics, and the result was lovely... no one would have guessed I used hot pink blush on her! ;-)

on 12/30/2002 5:36:00 PM

It nearly scared me away when I first looked at it (a neon pink), but it's now my favorite NARS blush. It gives the most innocent, natural flush. No shimmer and silky texture. I think that it would suit fair, cool gals the best, but it probably works for a variety of complexions.

on 11/9/2002 7:41:00 PM

Looks very bright in the container but actually goes on to give cheeks a nice flush. NARS blushes are the best I have ever tried and are excellent quality.

on 11/8/2002 4:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I balked when the MA at Neiman's suggested this blush for me, because it looks so bright in the package. But don't be scared. It's actually a very natural and playful pink. Just a a little bit adds a lot of oomph to my cool toned coloring, meaning it'll last a long time. I also discovered this is what Lara Flynn Boyle usually wears on The Practice, and I love her look.

on 11/7/2002 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I ordered Nar's blush in Desire beacuse i liked the namemost often leads to a return but this was a surprise in two ways. after the initial shock of seeing this neon pink shade and running for my receipt to reurn the obviously unwearable shade of clown pink, i accidently tried it on. It wasd beautiful!!! I mean it is gave me the most natural flushed cheek. i was told 'you look so pretty today" numerous times and it didnt loook like i had applied any make-up. So please dont be scared by this color.Nars knew the look he wanted and did a fabulous job creating it for the spring runways.Now there is shade out there that is my secret weapon against looking washed out.The same Nars packaging that doesnt have a mirror on the compact lid.staying power is long and a little touch on the apple of our cheek will get you threough the winter months. Yes, i am stocking up on this and reccomend it to anyone seeking that elusive 'flush".

on 9/23/2002 1:55:00 PM

I love Nars blushes in general. I find them to be high in pigmentation (aka. a little goes a long way) and very silky in texture. This blush follows that and the colour is great for spring! It's really bright and for my skin tone (MAC NC30), the colour is great for the fresh and 'girl next door' look. Just use it sparingly though!

on 7/18/2002 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Desire is one of those blush colors that I never would have tried except for having read great reviews about it on the internet. It looks bright fuschia pink which would send most people running but do not let that scare you. Just the teeniest tiniest bit of it on my blush brush gives me a lovely pink glow. It is very natural looking. When I want to add a little glimmer I dust a little Maybelline Prep's Cool Pink on top.
Nars Orgasm and Sin don't show up well on my fair skin but this blush is fantastic.

on 6/18/2002 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

At first I thought that I wasn't so crazy about this shade but I was so wrong! It looks like an extra bright pink in the compact, I think that's what threw me off. It actually goes on much softer and it looks so pretty on. It gives my cheeks a natural pink flush of color. This is a must have for me during the winter. This has to be my favorite NARS Blush. Huge rave from me! Everyone should try this! :o)

on 6/12/2002 4:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Desire is the perfect matte pink. Its bright and i love it w/ my summer tan. The gold in my coloring makes the matte pink look just beautiful. I cannot wear pinks that are shimmery. They look awful on most skintones, fortunately this isnt at all like Orgasm with the shimmer and glittery gold specks. Desire is the first blush i have found that is true to color as well as being matte .Nice packaging except for the price i think there should be a mirror on the top as well as a bay blush brush thrown in for $20.00 ,I would defiantely buy it again unless i find a similar color with better packaging or alittle less pricey for a fairly common simmer color. In winter its too bright for my fair skin but can wear it if i use an xtra light touch on the apples of my cheek for an in from the cold. Unfortunately i dont think darker complexions would do to well with this bright pink.A plus is i noticed it realy makes blue eyes "pop"

Popular Blush Products