MAC Frost - Amber Lights

4.3

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Silica, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Manganese Violet, Red 40 Lake, Ultramarines, Yellow 5 Lake]

on 2/25/2003 5:42:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is gorgeous on me. My coloring: auburn hair, fair to medium with yellow undertones, and olive green eyes. I wear it most often with Shroom (just above the crease), but it gives a beautiful earth tone to greens: My favorite combo with greens is:

Clinique Touch Base in Canvas for base
Prestige Wasabe on lid
Stila Holly Go Lightly in outer corners
MAC Amberlights in an arc above crease, which pops my eye color.

Blended well, it looks stunning.

on 2/23/2003 10:11:00 AM

My first MAC product. I was really hoping I'd fall in love with this eyeshadow b/c I've been searching for the perfect gold. This eyeshadow comes out rather orange-y (like the others have said) but it actually flatters my eyes. I really like the smoothness of the eyeshadow and it lasts all day with no creasing. I will definitey continue to buy MAC products, especially eyeshadows.

on 2/20/2003 4:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is my favorite eyeshadow from MAC. I am so glad the MA showed this to me when I was buying eyeshadows because I never had a specific shadow colour in mind but this particular one is now a staple in my kit. It is a very shimmery bronze with a lot of pigment. I like the fact that this is very pigmented because I like my shadows with colours that standout without the need for a lot of layering. I use it with Swiss chocolate and Ricepaper, and I use this combination a lot being a brown-gold-bronze eyeshadow girl that I am. As with all MAC e/s, this does not crease and lasts the whole day... and even into the night.

on 2/16/2003 12:11:00 AM

I was interesred in this color but was afraid to get it because of the reviewers reporting weird orange results. But when I saw it at the store, a shimmering and glowing amber beacon, signaling "Buy me! Buy me!" from its pot, I was unable to resist. It IS a bit orange, just as you'd expect amber to be. Sort of a pinky-orange. I wouldn't recommend it to EVERYONE, but for me it works wonders! It really contrasts w/my drk green eyes. I have yellow undertones to my fair skin, which I thought would make it a poor choice, but to the contrary....it's one of my most flattering colors!

Like most MACs, creasing is minimal. If I use Benefit FY Eye underneath, this shadow lasts all day, playing up my eyes as well at 9 pm as it did at 9 am. Just LOVE it. I like Mulch, well-blended, as a liner.

on 2/14/2003 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I'm a MAC fan and this is one of the best eyeshadows for making my light blue eyes really "pop".

on 2/13/2003 8:08:00 PM

This was my first ever MAC eyeshadow purchase. Unfortunately, it didn't work for me. On my eyes, it was way too orange/copper and frosty. Not a repurchase, and I didn't think the formula was very good (not long-lasting and not smooth enough).

on 2/12/2003 8:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I purchased Amber Lights and Goldmine at the MAC store in Vancouver, I think on Robson St (?). The MAs were very friendly and terrific service, I just wish I could say the same about these two shadows, esp. Amber Lights. The color looked so pretty in the pot but it's much different on the skin. The AL e/s looked like a strange coppery orange on my lids and although they both look shimmery, I found it more to have a suttle sheen. Being pale with orangish shadow is not the most flattering look for me. I can't imagine who this color would look good on, def. not someone who has a pale yellow skintone! I then tried using it as both a blush and highlighter, no avail. On my cheeks it looked like two dirty brownish orange patches! On the other hand, Goldmine looked to yellowy on my skin and made me looked jaundiced. No one in their right mind wants to look jaundiced. Not even people who have it. I do have to give them credit for having a nice velvety texture though. After two years of owning these shadows, they still go on quite smoothly even though the colors are impossible to wear for me.

on 2/11/2003 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Amber Lights was one of my early MAC purchases, and it's definitely an 'oldie but a goodie' *grin* It's a fiery orangey-copper colour and looks great on darker skintones. I've used it in a myriad of ways. On the lid, with Trax or Tilt in the crease (brings out the gold shimmer in both these shadows). Layered sheerly over Flammable paint (this is gorgeous). As an eyeliner. Lots of potential with this e/s.

on 2/11/2003 12:18:00 AM

I never in a million years would have thought I could wear this color (I avoid orange, peach, coral, etc.), but this actually works on me as a lid color. It's a golden bronzey amber (hence the name, duh!) color. I have paired this with Bronze and Sketch.

on 12/26/2002 4:08:00 PM

Amber lights turned a frosty metallic coppery orange on my lids. In case you are wondering this is NOT a favorite color of mine! I prefer goldmine to this, it has less of the copper/orange twinge that I abhor.