January 29, 2015 | 1889 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Frost - Amber Lights

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2003 4:13:00 AM More reviews by chowrie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my favorite eyeshadow from MAC. I am so glad the MA showed this to me when I was buying eyeshadows because I never had a specific shadow colour in mind but this particular one is now a staple in my kit. It is a very shimmery bronze with a lot of pigment. I like the fact that this is very pigmented because I like my shadows with colours that standout without the need for a lot of layering. I use it with Swiss chocolate and Ricepaper, and I use this combination a lot being a brown-gold-bronze eyeshadow girl that I am. As with all MAC e/s, this does not crease and lasts the whole day... and even into the night.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2003 12:11:00 AM More reviews by Suzy_Queue

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was interesred in this color but was afraid to get it because of the reviewers reporting weird orange results. But when I saw it at the store, a shimmering and glowing amber beacon, signaling "Buy me! Buy me!" from its pot, I was unable to resist. It IS a bit orange, just as you'd expect amber to be. Sort of a pinky-orange. I wouldn't recommend it to EVERYONE, but for me it works wonders! It really contrasts w/my drk green eyes. I have yellow undertones to my fair skin, which I thought would make it a poor choice, but to the contrary....it's one of my most flattering colors!

Like most MACs, creasing is minimal. If I use Benefit FY Eye underneath, this shadow lasts all day, playing up my eyes as well at 9 pm as it did at 9 am. Just LOVE it. I like Mulch, well-blended, as a liner.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2003 1:32:00 PM More reviews by Kelly207

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm a MAC fan and this is one of the best eyeshadows for making my light blue eyes really "pop".

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2003 8:08:00 PM More reviews by lovebird9

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was my first ever MAC eyeshadow purchase. Unfortunately, it didn't work for me. On my eyes, it was way too orange/copper and frosty. Not a repurchase, and I didn't think the formula was very good (not long-lasting and not smooth enough).

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2003 8:47:00 AM More reviews by janine100

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased Amber Lights and Goldmine at the MAC store in Vancouver, I think on Robson St (?). The MAs were very friendly and terrific service, I just wish I could say the same about these two shadows, esp. Amber Lights. The color looked so pretty in the pot but it's much different on the skin. The AL e/s looked like a strange coppery orange on my lids and although they both look shimmery, I found it more to have a suttle sheen. Being pale with orangish shadow is not the most flattering look for me. I can't imagine who this color would look good on, def. not someone who has a pale yellow skintone! I then tried using it as both a blush and highlighter, no avail. On my cheeks it looked like two dirty brownish orange patches! On the other hand, Goldmine looked to yellowy on my skin and made me looked jaundiced. No one in their right mind wants to look jaundiced. Not even people who have it. I do have to give them credit for having a nice velvety texture though. After two years of owning these shadows, they still go on quite smoothly even though the colors are impossible to wear for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2003 10:24:00 PM More reviews by nunu

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

Amber Lights was one of my early MAC purchases, and it's definitely an 'oldie but a goodie' *grin* It's a fiery orangey-copper colour and looks great on darker skintones. I've used it in a myriad of ways. On the lid, with Trax or Tilt in the crease (brings out the gold shimmer in both these shadows). Layered sheerly over Flammable paint (this is gorgeous). As an eyeliner. Lots of potential with this e/s.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2003 12:18:00 AM More reviews by KarenCG

I never in a million years would have thought I could wear this color (I avoid orange, peach, coral, etc.), but this actually works on me as a lid color. It's a golden bronzey amber (hence the name, duh!) color. I have paired this with Bronze and Sketch.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2002 4:08:00 PM More reviews by dana

Amber lights turned a frosty metallic coppery orange on my lids. In case you are wondering this is NOT a favorite color of mine! I prefer goldmine to this, it has less of the copper/orange twinge that I abhor.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2002 10:52:00 PM More reviews by NYgirl

I don't like this shade. It turns a weird orange shade on my lids.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2002 12:05:00 PM More reviews by NYgirl

I use this when I want to wear the brown smokey eye look. It is kind of dark on my lids to I make sure to apply it with a light hand.