November 23, 2014 | 2133 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Frost - Amber Lights

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2003 8:47:00 AM More reviews by janine100

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased Amber Lights and Goldmine at the MAC store in Vancouver, I think on Robson St (?). The MAs were very friendly and terrific service, I just wish I could say the same about these two shadows, esp. Amber Lights. The color looked so pretty in the pot but it's much different on the skin. The AL e/s looked like a strange coppery orange on my lids and although they both look shimmery, I found it more to have a suttle sheen. Being pale with orangish shadow is not the most flattering look for me. I can't imagine who this color would look good on, def. not someone who has a pale yellow skintone! I then tried using it as both a blush and highlighter, no avail. On my cheeks it looked like two dirty brownish orange patches! On the other hand, Goldmine looked to yellowy on my skin and made me looked jaundiced. No one in their right mind wants to look jaundiced. Not even people who have it. I do have to give them credit for having a nice velvety texture though. After two years of owning these shadows, they still go on quite smoothly even though the colors are impossible to wear for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2003 10:24:00 PM More reviews by nunu

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

Amber Lights was one of my early MAC purchases, and it's definitely an 'oldie but a goodie' *grin* It's a fiery orangey-copper colour and looks great on darker skintones. I've used it in a myriad of ways. On the lid, with Trax or Tilt in the crease (brings out the gold shimmer in both these shadows). Layered sheerly over Flammable paint (this is gorgeous). As an eyeliner. Lots of potential with this e/s.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2003 12:18:00 AM More reviews by KarenCG

I never in a million years would have thought I could wear this color (I avoid orange, peach, coral, etc.), but this actually works on me as a lid color. It's a golden bronzey amber (hence the name, duh!) color. I have paired this with Bronze and Sketch.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2002 4:08:00 PM More reviews by dana

Amber lights turned a frosty metallic coppery orange on my lids. In case you are wondering this is NOT a favorite color of mine! I prefer goldmine to this, it has less of the copper/orange twinge that I abhor.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2002 10:52:00 PM More reviews by NYgirl

I don't like this shade. It turns a weird orange shade on my lids.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2002 12:05:00 PM More reviews by NYgirl

I use this when I want to wear the brown smokey eye look. It is kind of dark on my lids to I make sure to apply it with a light hand.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2002 11:38:00 AM More reviews by JGardella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Another great, sexy MAC shadow! This is a golden bronze color that has a lot of shimmer to it. I like to use it very lightly to top off my eye make-up.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2002 3:48:00 AM More reviews by TexasMAC

I've went through this eyeshadow 3 times now...this is the best color in my collection...It's my favorite...I get more compliments on this color than anything else...its a gorgeous color...absolutely gorgeous!!!! i encourage everyone to go and get it...and line it with brun shadow with #266 brush...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2002 9:43:00 AM More reviews by nLkky

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this shadow. Its a ambery gold color that I don't think would work on those with pale skintones because it's a little intense but it looks lovely on MMM. I've also found a lookalike if you want to save a little money. Max Factor Hollywood Bronze.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2002 3:48:00 AM More reviews by MightyPen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Amber Lights is just a beautiful goldish color that complements any skin tone. I pair it with a multitude of colors in my collection, from Mulch to Cranberry and everything in between. The price for the quality of the product is very reasonable. I would definitely buy this product again.