Maybelline Line Stiletto liquid eyeliner

3.7

on 11/29/2010 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Best liquid liner I've used thus far, alonside another Maybeline liner I used in the past. Easy application. Strong color, lasts all day.

on 11/21/2010 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Nothing special. The brush is nice and easy to control but the pigment is not very strong. I got Black and needed at least two coats before I got a strong black color. Even after three coats- it was almost sheer gray in certain spots (very subtle but enough to be annoying). I did not have a primer or any shadow on, so maybe my lids were too oily....

The worst part is- when I touched my lid (to see if it would smudge and hold off) the line just flaked off. I was actually able to flake the entire line off by just lightly rubbing.

I ended up returning and getting the Lasting Drama gel liner by EyeStudio- which creates a much more solid and bold line.

Would not buy again.

on 11/6/2010 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product just did not impress me much. I had only really dabbled with liquid eyeliner before this, but thought I might try to recreate a retro catseye effect. So I brought this little number, and boy what a mistake.

The wand is far too short, which is supposed to make it easier to control but just made the whole process far too awkward. The brush is not as precise as I had hoped, it gives a thin line however it had a frayed edge after about 4 applications. The brush also began to curve and became lumpy after about a week of having it- and I swear I didn't abuse it. The line was also strangely glossy and didn't give an even coverage of black. I felt so frustrated with this liner, liquid liner is tricky enough as it is without being complicated further.

In the end I shelled out for a MAC superslick, and all my liquid liner worries have vanished.

on 11/2/2010 4:58:00 PM

If you like L'Oreal's Lineur Intense Eyeliner, you might like this even more. Like the L'Oreal version, it is has this awesome nubby little tip which makes lining (any kind of line) a breeze. I prefer this over L'Oreal because it is a smaller bottle and the handle on the "brush" is also shorter - makes application easier. The only downsides are that I the black color isn't as intense as it could be - you won't get a glossy, inky black line with this - and that there isn't alot of product in there. But depending on usage, it will still last quite a while. I'm not sure there is a waterproof version, but if there is, I would snap up both on sale. It's a little less expensive than the L'Oreal version and on sale, it is really a bargain. The underdog of the two, but definitely worth a purchase, especially if you like this type of eyeliner tip.

on 11/1/2010 1:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

So I've been wanting to use liquid liner for a while because i love how clean and dramatic the line looks when applied! I usually use creams but they just done show up well in pictures of me! I bought this on a total whim at walmart since it was only 5 bucks! I also bought it in the wrong color! I bought the blackish brown which is NOT blackish brown....its brown....if i wanted a more muted color i would have used the brown cream liner i already own!

So i was pondering how to fix this problem since i had opened the package and then it hit me to go over the liner when it was freshly applied with NYX black eyeshadow!!!!! this works like a charm! Not only did it give me the color that i wanted but it also took away the awful shine of the product and made it last decades longer! if you like shiny liners this is for you, if you dont then i suggest applying good shadow over the top with an eyeliner brush. I was really surprised at the staying power the liner had when you seal it with the powder.

I really love the consistency and the brush! This goes on really really easily and me, who is a non expert at liquid liner put this on just fine! I only apply one coat and only on the top lid! Im not sure if it would be more prone to flaking if you put more than one coat on.

hopefully this helps and hopefully those of you who are on the fence with this product will give it a second chance because it is pretty darm good!

on 10/25/2010 11:53:00 PM

I feel like it s just a common liquid eyeliner one. It doesnt have anything special. I hate the brush. The brush itsnt thin enough for me to make a wing since i have monolids, drawing eyeliner wont be hard for me. But with this kind of brush, it s hard for me.
Althoung, i have terribly oily skin. And this liquid lasts all day long for me.
I dont like the price, i ended up gettting this for a very high price. I dont expect the drugstore brand carries product cost that much.

on 10/23/2010 1:26:00 AM

Love this eyeliner. Doesn't smudge, and is reasonably easy to remove. Also good for lower lash line.

on 10/17/2010 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

After I tried the last stiletto mascara and loving it I had to try the eyeliner! I have tried many liquid eyeliners and I always have trouble with the eyeliner liking to either flake off or collect in the crease of my eyelids because my eyelids are horribly oily. This liquid eyeliner doesn't flake or smear! I use it everyday and it is a FANTASTIC price!! :D

on 10/13/2010 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I LOVE this liner!! I wing out my eyes just about everyday and this makes it so quick and easy. I have never been able to use liquid liners before line stiletto. Not to mention you can get this liner for a great price! The brush can be described as a tapered felt tip with just a little bit of give. This makes it very simple for newbies. You can make the line thinner or thicker just by using more of the side of the brush. I have yet to see a tube of this dry out either- the product quality is exceptional. I am constantly rubbing my eyes because of my contacts, but this liner does not smear or budge. Sensitive eyes, like mine, will have no issues with this product. I have purchased several tubes of this liner so far and I will continue to do so!

on 10/12/2010 9:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Originally i bought this product on accident, but it was a great mistake i made! I love this because it applys on smoothly and dries quickly, plus i'm a beginner at liquid eyeliner and this stuff helped me alot.