L'Oreal Extra-Intense Liquid Pencil Eyeliner

4.1

on 8/16/2009 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I like this eyeliner for the top lid, it goes on very smoothly and precisely. Lasts all day. However, do NOT use this on the waterline if you wear contact lenses. About a minute after applying this as a tightliner and on the bottom waterline, my contacts were covered in a greasy film that I could not remove, even after repeated cleanings. I don't wear daily wear contacts, and I think these may just be ruined. Won't repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Great color and price but it smudges really badly on me. Didn't even last 2 hours!

on 8/8/2009 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

CONTINUE FOR PHOTOS!!!

Where to buy: Ulta, CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid, etc.
Price: ~$8.00-$9.00
Size: 1.10 g

These are just like the Makeup Forever aqua liners or the Urban Decay 24/7 pencils if not better. LíOreal HIP just came out with some metallic eyeliners as well which I assume are supposed to be comparable to the metallic shades of Urban Decayís pencil liners. Let me know if youíve tried those and what you think about them.

I found this eyeliner at Rite Aid and they were having a buy one get one free on LíOreal products so I decided to give these a go. These are new and arenít on the site yet. I got the gray and black shades. From the claims on the package, I was expecting a really smooth application with long wear. I was not let down! I was so impressed by how smooth and soft these liners are. They just glide on the skin with very minimal pressure. I waited about 30 seconds for the liner to set and tried rubbing it vigorously and it did not budge! I would label these as monolid/hooded eyelid approved! In the photo, it seems that rubbing the liner caused it to look more shinny but itís not noticeable in person. Now this doesnít mean that these are resistant towards oil, so if you have oily lids, consider investing in an eyeshadow primer for longer wear. (I recommend my favorite Too Faced Shadow Insurance or Urban Decay Primer Potion :) )

Something I donít like about this liner is that itís in a pencil form. I prefer automatic pencils as Iím too lazy to sharpen pencils, plus it can get a bit messy. But then again, the Makeup Forever and Urban Decay liners arenít automatic either, so youíre not missing out on anything. Being as this pencil is super soft, looking into a more expensive sharpener (MAC $3) may be a good idea. I canít make this claim myself, but many people have said that more expensive sharpeners, or at least ones advertised for sharpening cosmetics, are better.

With the lower price tag and the opportunity of drugstore sales, I donít want to hear about anyone having to light up their eyeliners, stick them under their armpits to warm the pencils up, or have unintentional runny smudged liner anymore! :x continued >>

on 8/3/2009 9:52:00 PM

Best gray liner I have ever used. The plum is nice, but I wouldn't mind a darker purple. For some reason the brown does not have the smooth consistancy of the others, seems drier, maybe I got a bad one. Hoping to pick up the bronze soon. Why no blue? Guess I will try the Hip version for the blue.

Applies like a dream and very little transfer or fading when applied as a solid line. I do find it transfers if I smudge it. Great for days where I don't have the patience for liquid liners. Probably one of the best new drugstore products this year.

on 8/3/2009 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Great product. Glides on quick smooth, "Intense" and precise. I would definitely repurchase. I got the black and it went on my eyelids in a cinch, literally I had to apply no pressure. For weeks, I was having the most frustrating time with my Styli-Style after a while it got hard, and the CoverGirl one I was using had hardly any pigment, and lastly, my Lineur Intense from L'Oreal was just a liquid liner that you have to be very very careful with..Can't wait to try it in other colors and to line my water line. I am so happy after trying Stila Smudgepots(lost my Stila smudge pot liner brush) and MAC Powerpoints(it just stopped working after 2 uses - defective) to find something this cheap, $8.00 at CVS (wait for buy 1 get other half off specials). Hooray for L'Oreal's new pencil, love it.

on 8/1/2009 12:06:00 PM

I have this in Gray (very dark almost black), Plum (rich and vibrant) and Black (intense indeed). These pencils apply like a dream and stay put - even after my 30 min lunch cardio at the gym!! I hope L'Oreal never discontinues these. *love*

on 7/31/2009 2:08:00 PM

Smudges on me. And I wanted to love it. Winds up on my upper eyelid area.

on 7/31/2009 2:53:00 AM

Wow! This eyeliner is amazing!! It's sooooooo smooth! It glides on my lids like butter! I tried it on today and it didn't smudge, well I only used it to tightline and it lasted all day! I tested this on my hand and when it dries it doesn't smudge or smear! LOVE IT! Very inexpensive and alternative to Urban Decay's 24/7 eyeliner. (:
It does require sharpening, but I really don't mind, I do prefer the automatic twist up pencils, like Revlon's or Almays, but I'm loving this eyeliner (:

In response to the sharpening questions: IT'S A PENCIL, FOR GOD'S SAKE. Just stick it in a freakin' sharpener. Honestly, just because it says "liquid" doesn't mean it literally is...use your brains.
My suggestion is to pop it in the freezer for a few minutes to harden it so it doesn't break when you sharpen it.

on 7/25/2009 10:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

SHARPENING UPDATE: L'Oreal replied to my email and suggested - suprise, suprise - using the L'Oreal Sharpener! Not sure how this will happen since the "tip" is now a microscopic nub. And now....onto the original review: This is by far the best liquid pencil liner out there. I use it for tightlining my upper lid, and it slips on effortlessly, lasts all day without smudging (well, maybe a little...) and the the color is indeed extra intense! But as jdeadeye wrote below...how in the world are you supposed to sharpen it? The tip is now worn down evenly with the pencil! I just emailed L'Oreal to ask and when I find out I will update this review. Because as much as I love it, I'm not buying a new one every two weeks!