L'Oreal Extra-Intense Liquid Pencil Eyeliner

4.1

on 8/3/2009 9:52:00 PM

Best gray liner I have ever used. The plum is nice, but I wouldn't mind a darker purple. For some reason the brown does not have the smooth consistancy of the others, seems drier, maybe I got a bad one. Hoping to pick up the bronze soon. Why no blue? Guess I will try the Hip version for the blue.

Applies like a dream and very little transfer or fading when applied as a solid line. I do find it transfers if I smudge it. Great for days where I don't have the patience for liquid liners. Probably one of the best new drugstore products this year.

on 8/3/2009 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Great product. Glides on quick smooth, "Intense" and precise. I would definitely repurchase. I got the black and it went on my eyelids in a cinch, literally I had to apply no pressure. For weeks, I was having the most frustrating time with my Styli-Style after a while it got hard, and the CoverGirl one I was using had hardly any pigment, and lastly, my Lineur Intense from L'Oreal was just a liquid liner that you have to be very very careful with..Can't wait to try it in other colors and to line my water line. I am so happy after trying Stila Smudgepots(lost my Stila smudge pot liner brush) and MAC Powerpoints(it just stopped working after 2 uses - defective) to find something this cheap, $8.00 at CVS (wait for buy 1 get other half off specials). Hooray for L'Oreal's new pencil, love it.

on 8/1/2009 12:06:00 PM

I have this in Gray (very dark almost black), Plum (rich and vibrant) and Black (intense indeed). These pencils apply like a dream and stay put - even after my 30 min lunch cardio at the gym!! I hope L'Oreal never discontinues these. *love*

on 7/31/2009 2:08:00 PM

Smudges on me. And I wanted to love it. Winds up on my upper eyelid area.

on 7/31/2009 2:53:00 AM

Wow! This eyeliner is amazing!! It's sooooooo smooth! It glides on my lids like butter! I tried it on today and it didn't smudge, well I only used it to tightline and it lasted all day! I tested this on my hand and when it dries it doesn't smudge or smear! LOVE IT! Very inexpensive and alternative to Urban Decay's 24/7 eyeliner. (:
It does require sharpening, but I really don't mind, I do prefer the automatic twist up pencils, like Revlon's or Almays, but I'm loving this eyeliner (:

In response to the sharpening questions: IT'S A PENCIL, FOR GOD'S SAKE. Just stick it in a freakin' sharpener. Honestly, just because it says "liquid" doesn't mean it literally is...use your brains.
My suggestion is to pop it in the freezer for a few minutes to harden it so it doesn't break when you sharpen it.

on 7/25/2009 10:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

SHARPENING UPDATE: L'Oreal replied to my email and suggested - suprise, suprise - using the L'Oreal Sharpener! Not sure how this will happen since the "tip" is now a microscopic nub. And now....onto the original review: This is by far the best liquid pencil liner out there. I use it for tightlining my upper lid, and it slips on effortlessly, lasts all day without smudging (well, maybe a little...) and the the color is indeed extra intense! But as jdeadeye wrote below...how in the world are you supposed to sharpen it? The tip is now worn down evenly with the pencil! I just emailed L'Oreal to ask and when I find out I will update this review. Because as much as I love it, I'm not buying a new one every two weeks!

on 7/21/2009 8:35:00 AM

Finally!! A dupe for my beloved MAC Smolder kohl that doesn't smudge as easily! This liner is so smooth, so soft, and so pigmented. It's only a fraction of the cost. I got these babies as a buy one get one free sale. Originally they're $9 each, but if you wait for sales, they're only $4.50 each. Such a bargin! I bought the color black and it's the richest, smoothest black d/s pencil I've tried yet! Applies beautifully and it stays! Believe it. :) I will re-buy.

on 7/19/2009 5:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This pencil is just brilliant! I bought the plum yesterday at Rite-Aid and ran back today to get the bronze before everyone discovers these and empties the shelves. As smooth, creamy, and easy to apply as UD 24/7, and so far it's lasting longer than UD on my watery eyes. It does need sharpening as frequently as the 24/7, however, so it's a good thing it's half the price.

***for what it's worth, it is a regular pencil...and sharpens like an eyeliner pencil does by sticking it in a pencil sharpener and twisting!***

I loved the color of the Hip Kohl in Burgundy, but never could master the loose kohl application. The Extra-Intense plum is-to these demented eyes-just a wee bit darker and plummier than that Burgundy kohl color. And this makes it, for me, worth the purchase right there. All the rest of its benefits; cost, durability, easy application, etc. are delightful extras. I'll definitely buy these again and again. Will hunt down the green next! Wheeeee!!!!!!

on 7/17/2009 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Finally a liner that does not smudge on my upper brow and actually last the whole day!!! I am totally in love with this product and wish I had discovered it earlier.