Essie Mademoiselle

4.4

Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, propyl acetate, Tosylamide/Formaldehyde Resin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Acetyl Tributyl Citrate, Tripheneyl Phosphate, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Ethyl Tosylamide, Steralkonium Bentonite, Styrene/Acrylate Copolymer, Diacetone Alcohol, Camphor, Polyvinyl Butyral, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Benzophenone 1, Citric Acid, Dimethicone, Silica, Trimethylsiloxysilicate. May Contain: CI 47005:1 (D&C Yellow #10), CI 47000 (D&C Yellow #11), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Mica CAS 12001-26-2, CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), Polyethylene Terephthalate, CI 15850:1 (Red 7 Lake), CI 15850 (Red 6 Lake), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 15880 (Red 34 Lake), CI 77491 (Red Iron), CI 77499 (Black Iron), CI 77510 (Ferric Ammonium Ferrocycyanide), CI 75170 (Guanine), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 60725 (Violet 2), CI 17200 (Red 33), CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder), CI 73360 (Red 30), CI 26100 (Red 17), CI 42053 (Green 3), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Green), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77266 (Black 2), CI 45380 (D&C Red 21), CI 45410 (D&C Red 28), Polyester-3 (D&C Colorant)

on 6/8/2003 1:20:00 AM

If you want to put something on your nails that's not a color but not clear, Mademoiselle will give you a slightly pink, creamy tint. Lovely as a base for a french manicure or for a very subtle, polished look.

on 5/22/2003 4:57:00 PM

My favourite Essie polish. Much nicer than Ballet Slippers: doesn't streak at all. Works very well for a French Manicure.

on 4/25/2003 1:19:00 AM

Looks like a bright marshmallow pink in the bottle but applies more sheerly, a your-nails-but-better look. 2 coats gives a natural pinkness to nails and a bit of shine.

on 4/24/2003 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

ooh lá lá! such a pretty pretty color...almost clear..but not really. gives my nails a very natural, beautiful, manicured look..and this stuff really lasts too! even after a couple days of swimming..it doesn't chip...

on 3/24/2003 7:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

The most gorgeous pale pink that makes your nails look super-healthy. VERY sheer. I am usually horrible at applying nail polish, but not a streak in sight!

on 3/16/2003 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

It looks kinda bright in the bottle but it's described as a "fluffy pink" and it is indeed very nice. It's understated when on nails and lovely for everyday. For $6 it's well worth it.

Update 2/28/13: just got a new bottle and it is as pretty as ever. A classic for all situations.

on 3/14/2003 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

A good nail polish. Almost clear and very shiny. Mine was a little streaky, but I guess I got a bad one. Overall, I like it.

on 3/2/2003 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

My first Essie polish...and I think I'm a convert! A very sheer pale blue-based pink. I applied three coats and can see the color, yet it still looks very natural. *Incredible* shine w/o a topcoat -- I am impressed. I did my nails last night, so I can't comment on chipping or long-wear. Can't wait to get some more, esp. at the price of 4.99 at the beauty supply store!

on 2/19/2003 5:37:00 PM

This is one of the three Essie polishes I stockpile religiously. It's a bit more pigmented than Ballet Slippers and is in the same light milky pink family. Gives more of pink tint too. I guess all Essie polishes wear extra-long but I tend to stick to the nudes so i can't speak for the dark colors. Mademoiselle is version of Ballet Slippers for medium skin. So if Ballet Slippers was too light/white-ish for your taste but you want to stay in the same color family, try Mademoiselle.

on 1/22/2003 9:57:00 AM

My favorite - "no nail polish" polish. I get many compliments on my nails when weraing this color because people think this is my natural nail color. A perfect sheer pink shade - I wear this all the time and will never be without it!

Top Rated Essie Products