December 19, 2014 | 1466 users online

Polishes - Essie - Mademoiselle

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2003 10:44:00 PM More reviews by FoXyKiTten01

ooh lá lá! such a pretty pretty color...almost clear..but not really. gives my nails a very natural, beautiful, manicured look..and this stuff really lasts too! even after a couple days of swimming..it doesn't chip...

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2003 7:37:00 PM More reviews by jewong

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The most gorgeous pale pink that makes your nails look super-healthy. VERY sheer. I am usually horrible at applying nail polish, but not a streak in sight!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2003 4:56:00 PM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

It looks kinda bright in the bottle but it's described as a "fluffy pink" and it is indeed very nice. It's understated when on nails and lovely for everyday. For $6 it's well worth it.

Update 2/28/13: just got a new bottle and it is as pretty as ever. A classic for all situations.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2003 10:41:00 PM More reviews by smee123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A good nail polish. Almost clear and very shiny. Mine was a little streaky, but I guess I got a bad one. Overall, I like it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2003 12:47:00 PM More reviews by supko

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My first Essie polish...and I think I'm a convert! A very sheer pale blue-based pink. I applied three coats and can see the color, yet it still looks very natural. *Incredible* shine w/o a topcoat -- I am impressed. I did my nails last night, so I can't comment on chipping or long-wear. Can't wait to get some more, esp. at the price of 4.99 at the beauty supply store!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2003 5:37:00 PM More reviews by Spanola28

This is one of the three Essie polishes I stockpile religiously. It's a bit more pigmented than Ballet Slippers and is in the same light milky pink family. Gives more of pink tint too. I guess all Essie polishes wear extra-long but I tend to stick to the nudes so i can't speak for the dark colors. Mademoiselle is version of Ballet Slippers for medium skin. So if Ballet Slippers was too light/white-ish for your taste but you want to stay in the same color family, try Mademoiselle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2003 9:57:00 AM More reviews by Rayvenn

My favorite - "no nail polish" polish. I get many compliments on my nails when weraing this color because people think this is my natural nail color. A perfect sheer pink shade - I wear this all the time and will never be without it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2003 10:48:00 PM More reviews by Quilley

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Mademoiselle is a very pale pink, your-nails-only-better shade. It is definately on my Holy Grail list and I wear it everyday. Still using my first bottle, which I have had for over a year. If you work in a conservative office, or just like a natural, healthy looking nail, this is it - simply classic.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2002 12:08:00 PM More reviews by sues57

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wrote a review of this quite a while ago, at that time, I LOVED Essie's colors. Now, because of the packaging, I will not buy Essie again, and I have about ten bottles now. The short white brush top cannot be gripped, the only way I can get the bottle open is to soak it in hot water, not something I feel like doing everytime I want to put a coat of polish on! I have Revlon and Estee Lauder polish, and I never have this problem with their longer brush tops. I HATE this sh*tty packaging. It's a shame, because otherwise, Essie a great nail polish. I just feel insulted by this horrible bottle design.

(Well, four years later, and I'm still using Essie. I still don't like the short brush, but hey, life's not perfect. I still love their pinks, they are my staple.)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2002 12:21:00 PM More reviews by JGardella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this from Trade Secret. It is a very very sheer pink. Pretty, but I wish it was a bit more pigmented.