April 20, 2014 | 1725 users online

Polishes - Essie - Mademoiselle

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2003 10:48:00 PM More reviews by Quilley

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Mademoiselle is a very pale pink, your-nails-only-better shade. It is definately on my Holy Grail list and I wear it everyday. Still using my first bottle, which I have had for over a year. If you work in a conservative office, or just like a natural, healthy looking nail, this is it - simply classic.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2002 12:08:00 PM More reviews by sues57

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wrote a review of this quite a while ago, at that time, I LOVED Essie's colors. Now, because of the packaging, I will not buy Essie again, and I have about ten bottles now. The short white brush top cannot be gripped, the only way I can get the bottle open is to soak it in hot water, not something I feel like doing everytime I want to put a coat of polish on! I have Revlon and Estee Lauder polish, and I never have this problem with their longer brush tops. I HATE this sh*tty packaging. It's a shame, because otherwise, Essie a great nail polish. I just feel insulted by this horrible bottle design.

(Well, four years later, and I'm still using Essie. I still don't like the short brush, but hey, life's not perfect. I still love their pinks, they are my staple.)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2002 12:21:00 PM More reviews by JGardella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this from Trade Secret. It is a very very sheer pink. Pretty, but I wish it was a bit more pigmented.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2002 4:56:00 PM More reviews by alittleweirdo

I got this color in a swap, so not sure about retail price. Great natural looking pink color :) Also seems to last a long time without chipping.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2002 12:51:00 AM More reviews by Gradle

I really love Essie nailpolish, but I was a little disappointed in this color. I purchased it online thinking it would be a sheer pink, but on my nails it looks almost clear. Pretty if you're looking for a very, very sheer polish that adds the tiniest hint of pink.