July 26, 2014 | 1890 users online

Hair - Moroccanoil - Moroccan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2011 6:27:00 PM More reviews by chloeincolour

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

There was/is SO much hype about this product, but I think there are better oils out there! This one smells SO AMAZING and it really helps your hair dry faster, but this didn't make my hair feel luscious the way the Joico K-Pak Styling Oil did! Beware, this can make you break out! Wash your hands after you use this! This product didn't hydrate nor strengthen my hair, I didn't really like this, but the scent is pleasant :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2011 2:39:00 PM More reviews by dawn65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I hate to rain on the Moroccan Oil parade, but I could just not make this product work for me. I received a sample size vial of this from my hair stylist several months ago and he suggested that I use about a quarter-size amount for my hair length, type and texture (shoulder-length, naturally curly and coarse). I did just that, felt that it was a little too much for my hair and started to experiment with decreasing the amount. While I like the incredible shine this added, I felt that no matter how little I used, it was heavy in my hair and actually weighed my curls down. I also found that this made my hair maybe a little too soft as I would have terrible static flyaways all over my head. I am also writing this review because I wanted to clarify a possible misconception about something a previous reviewer wrote about the "light" version of Moroccan Oil. I too was thinking that this was just a lighter version of the original and that it might work a little better for me, but my hair stylist explained to me that the light version is actually for people with very fine and/or light-colored hair. He said that the original version tends to be too heavy for people with very fine hair and that it can darken light-colored hair. Therefore, the same product with a lighter consistency and color was created. Since it seems both the original and light version will not work for me, Moroccan Oil will not make it to my list of things to purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2011 7:20:00 PM More reviews by tara11

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm a product junkie and have tried most things on the market, and this by far is the best treatment I've come across for damaged ends. It really is a miracle worker and has stopped me from always looking for something better, because I really don't think there is any other product that can compare to this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2011 5:28:00 PM More reviews by blondebohemian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I will only use this product for the rest of my life. It is that good. I am not even interested in trying anything else. I would pay 200 dollars for a bottle, and yes I am completely serious.

I have platinum blonde DAMAGED hair, dry, frizzy, everything that is awful about hair. When I apply this, my hair becomes soft, shiny, glossy, kind of like 'Barbie' hair. I look like I'm in a hair ad. People are always telling me I have gorgeous hair. This is before they see the hot mess that I am before I put on Moroccan Oil.

I use this along with the Kiehl's Aragan Oil shampoo and conditoner and the results are amazing. After using this for 2 or 3 months now, I can actually see that the texture and quality of my hair has improved.

Please, please try this. It will be the best hair choice you have ever made!

UPDATE: Just a heads up, after daily use, I have found that it is almost necessary to use a weekly detox shampoo with this as it does cause some nasty build up that left my hair limp and 'gross'. It is still a fabulous product, but I'm alternating between this and the Fekkai glossing creme.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2011 4:01:00 PM More reviews by laureg

I have tried Moroccan Oil and like it for deep conditioning, however have made the switch to pure, straight Argan oil. Argan oil is the "magic" ingredient in Moroccan Oil, and you can usually find the pure stuff for less than a bottle of Moroccan oil costs. The added bonus is that you can use Argan oil as a moisturizer for face, body, etc. and it's more multipurpose. I'd definitely recommend checking this out.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/14/2011 1:58:00 PM More reviews by pinklighter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My mom got me this in a set (the oil and the styling cream) for Christmas a few years ago, recommended by her hairstylist friend I was excited to try it because I have very thick, damaged hair. However, this stuff is definitely not my favorite. No matter how small an amount I used before blow-drying, my hair felt weighed-down and looked greasy and dirty. I also don't like the smell at all, it's just heavy and nauseating to me. I stopped using it and gave it to my mom, and she really like it. I dunno, it just didn't work for my hair. Such a disappointment.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2011 12:58:00 PM More reviews by BCbabe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was a doubter, a skeptic, until I tried it. Yes, there are many other wanna be copy cat products out there, but after trying a few and then trying this, I am in love. Unlike many others, this oil is smooth and silky, not thick and gooey, almost sticky. I found the One 'n Only Argan oil from Sally was like that... and it seemed heavier. I have lots of fine hair with natural wave so I do prefer a light feeling oil. Having said that, Moroccan Oil does now have a "light" version, but the "argania spinosa kernel oil" is 4th on the ingredient list in that one and 3rd in the list on the original. If I'm going to spend that much money on a product, I want the most amount of whatever ingredient makes it so special... and I find the original is perfect for my type hair (though if you have fine thin hair, the light might be the way to go). Also, there is now a "limited edition" 125ml bottle with a pump. Why it's LE is beyond me but it's so worth it (and no more expensive than the non-pump version) and the pump is transferable to your next bottle. Bonus!
The instructions say to use a small amount on damp hair, but I also like to mix some in with the serum I use to flat iron. Maybe I'm off in thinking that the heat of the iron can make it penetrate my hair but if it's ok on damp hair that's about to be blasted with a hot blow dryer, why not use it for flat ironing too? The first 2 ingredients are cyclomethicone and dimethicone which are pretty basic for protectant serums. So, not that I've rambled I can cut to the chase. I love this stuff (adore the scent!) and will be replenishing when I run out. That's all you needed to know, right? :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2011 10:39:00 PM More reviews by gigirose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product is my latest obsession! All I do is I get about a quarter sized dot of this amazing product, rub my hands together, and start applying in my hair. It makes my hair unbelievably soft, shiny, and even after my hair is dry, it still smells like the oil; which reminds me of the beach. It is a bit pricey, but I think it's worth it. Definitely try this!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2011 10:11:00 PM More reviews by chelita123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is just simply amazing!
I never dared to try it because I thought an oil would leave my hair greasy and flat, but no, it absorbs at ones, and does not weight down the hair at all! It detangles, adds shine, softness and makes my hair look.. healthy!!! Also, I am obsessed with volume, and it does not at all hinder that! i apply volume products after the oil, then i blow dry.
I use a quarter coin sized dash of it and rub my hands together before i swipe them over / through the ends of my hair when it is damp.
I can strongly recommend it to anyone who has dry, split ends that are hard to comb through, and I guess anyone who wants shiny, healthy looking hair!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2011 11:13:00 PM More reviews by MissyKatherine

Moroccan oil..after hearing so much about it, I decided to try this 'liquid gold'. I use it in my hair after letting it dry for a bit (while it's still a bit damp) and I wake up with way nicer looking hair than before I started using it! I also love the smell so after rubbing it in, I don't wash my hands ^^