August 23, 2014 | 1496 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Cremesheen - Creme d'Nude

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2009 12:58:00 AM More reviews by pink1223

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really like this! I think the cremesheen formula makes it more wearable than if it were a frost or something else. I am nc30-35, and I think this color suits me quite well. I love the nude/light pink look though. I use a very light hand when applying, it can look a bit much if youre not careful. The formula is nice, I feel like the lasting power is pretty good and it doesn't feel drying. It's a nice, pure nude with more of a peach undertone than pink.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2009 11:24:00 AM More reviews by abfabjeanius

I love nude lipsticks, so when the Cremesheens first came out, I tried to get this one, but it was sold out. I finally tracked it down on my last online F&F order, and I'm glad that I got my hands on it.

It is very pale, as others have noted, but the pink tones in it keep it from being too concealer-like. If you like that J.Lo look, then I think you will find this lippie to be right up your alley. It also looks gorgeous with a dark, smokey eye. It works well with my NARS Jilted Love lipliner.

For reference, I am NC20/25, with pink pigmented lips. Some other nude lip colors that I adore are NARS Belle de Jour (except I hate the scent!), MAC Masque (from the Alexander McQueen collection), Viva Glam II, C-thru lipglass, and NARS Chelsea Girls lip lacquer (ditto on the scent.) continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2009 2:54:00 AM More reviews by plushbear84

NC30, asian. This lippie gives me the perfect nude lip! It's not too concealer like, slightly pinkish, and applies so smoothly. I always apply a lipglass over it cause it just looks so unfinished on its own. Will definitely repurchase =)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2009 9:05:00 PM More reviews by chikky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've always been afraid of nude lipstick cos I always imagine myself looking dead. But when I used this, it has a nice sheen and is on the beiger side of nude which puts the life back in me.. lol

Your lips need to be really well exfoliate before putting this on otherwise it totally eccentuates any dead skin. However, once my lips were exfoliated with this lipstick, my lips look soooooo nice. It's really moisturising and you only need to put on a little amount to get that nude effect. Actually if you layer it on, it crowns towards the inner part of your lips.

There's quite a lot of product in MAC lipsticks so it'll last longer than other brands. It's probably just me but I think it smells nice too like creamy candy.

P.s Take care when putting it on in hot weather, this thing bends easily.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/6/2009 8:36:00 PM More reviews by Manet

I returned this, along with two other mac lipsticks I got on the same day. First of all, it was too darn nude. I shoulda known it wouldn't suit me because the "nude" lip I can pull off has to have some sort of mauve or pink or coral undertone to it. But it wasn't just the shade that bothered me. The texture was icky too. Sure, it was very smooth but it went on really streaky. It somehow highlighted the lines in my lips (which aren't visible without any lipstick on). It just didn't apply evenly AT ALL.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2009 10:02:00 AM More reviews by msimone

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am a nude lip freak. Its basically the only kind of lip I wear. This is a gorgeous creamy concealer type color, and while it may not seem to work for a lot of ppl, i find the trick to make it work is if you apply a lipgloss before and then apply the lipstick. the results gives you a tinted nude color, not as opaque. I love this technique. I use the sephora lipliner in #114 as it matches my lips and then i put on a clear or nude lipgloss and then apply creme d'nude on top.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2009 9:13:00 PM More reviews by jaynalisa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG lipstick...one of the few products I think I could call HG with absolute certainty. I have been looking for the perfect nude lipstick since my prior favorite Brew was limited edition with the 2007 Smoke Signals collection. Creme d' Nude is far better than Brew IMO. When I asked to try it on, the MA said she didn't think it would look good on me with my pale skin but once I put it on she said it was definitely my color...so even if you think it will wash you out, you should try it on anyway (may not look good on everyone but it's worth a try).

This color comes out a light peachy pink on my lips...because of the paleness of the color and the creamy formula, it's one of the few light lipcolors that will mask the most of the pigment of my lips. Only a little pink from my lips shows through which I think is what prevents this color from washing me out completely. I like to wear this with a thin layer of lip balm underneath. This also looks good with sheer lipglosses over it like Underage or C-Thru lipglasses. I love the cremesheen formulas as well...way better staying power than Lustres (Modesty is another fave from this collection).

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2008 3:40:00 PM More reviews by gmsunshine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My HG lipstick.. too bad its LE. Its the perfect lipstick for a smokey eye. its smooth and works great with my "ghostly pale" skintone. It also looks great with Flusterose Lusterglass on top of it.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/27/2008 2:50:00 AM More reviews by VickiinOregon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't comment on much about this past the fact that it's so sheer. So much so I can't say if it's moisturizing or not because I was so focused in the fact you have to layer forever and it lasts on 5 minutes. I wanted something that was not so drying and yellow as Mac Myth, but this wasn't even visible.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2008 8:48:00 PM More reviews by GetLowxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I love Creme d'Nude! I really am loving the line of cremesheen lipsticks and so glad MAC FINALLY made something permanent :)
I am a nude lipcolor lover and Myth lipstick looks horrible on me. I also have Peachstock and Fleshpot lipsticks but I find that Creme d'Nude is the most wearable nude I own. It's a lighter nude but is perfect on my NW20 skin, doesn't make me look dead at all. I wear it with Stripdown lipliner and I finish it off with Bonus Beat lipglass and my lips are a nice nude with subtle shimmer. Plus, nudes always whiten up my teeth, not sure why, but they do.
Creme d'Nude is awesome, a must have and would definitely repurchase.