MAC Cremesheen - Creme d'Nude

on 2/24/2009 3:05:00 PM

I am a huge fan of the nude lip look and I compulsively buy any lipstick that I think might work. I was using MAC freckletone but it wasn't exactly what I was looking for. I couldn't find this in the store, they had sold out so I bought it online along with Myth. My initial thought was that I liked Myth better but this one has grown on me. Its not as obvious and achieves the nude lip with one quick swipe but I do recommend use lip balm and exfoliating your lips with EVOO and sugar on a regular basis. It can highlight lip dryness esp as you reapply. My only fault is that I do need to apply it fairly often, it doesn't have much staying power. But it is a great color and a good lipstick.

on 2/24/2009 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Love the color....I was looking for something like this for a while. Perfect nude shade but have to re-apply it quite often.

on 2/22/2009 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I've been searching for my HG nude lipstick for years, and I had such high hopes that this would be it. In the tube it looks like exactly what I was looking for: not too light, not too dark, not too pink, not too brown, just the perfect creamy nude. And I think if either my lips were less pigmented or this stuff was more opaque, it would be perfect. It's a nice color, and I love the formula (it was my first cremesheen, and I've already ordered 2 more), it's just a bit too sheer for what I had hoped it would be. On those with paler lips, I think this would be an amazing nude. It's still a good look for me, it tones down the pink in my lips some and has a nice subtle everyday look. I would repurchase, even though it isn't exactly what I had hoped it would be.

on 2/22/2009 1:34:00 PM

In most of my lip product reviews you will see that I love nude lips. I occasionally use a gloss-like product, but I really like to keep my lips low-key. My lips are full and pigmented and I just cannot stand how it looks with a lot of color or shine. Anyhoo, I was using MAC's Hue, Freckletone or lipshine in Missy for a "natural" lip, but was never overwhelmed with excitement to use them. I heard about Myth on YouTube (why did I never notice it at the counter?), and have been using that. I love it but it can give off too much color, which ironically takes away all traces of your lip's color. I liked that because it did neutralize my lips, but it can be a bit too cakey looking. Creme d'Nude was so popular and sold out everywhere for a while. When it finally came in stock, I was hesitant, but I purchased it the other day and I love it. It is more wearable than Myth and is perfect for dramatic eyes (if you love paler lips). It may not look too good if you are too pale (I am fairly pale) or too dark (unless you like the pastel/contrasting look). I am neither of the two so I cannot really say. I love the texture too, not as drying as Myth but not too creamy or shiny.

on 2/18/2009 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Gorgeous nude lipstick. Worn alone, I do look a bit dead because it is matte so it is not glossy at all. I gently pat it on to my lips or else if I just smother it on it will be all bad! I use this in combination with my plushglass in Wildy Lush, and it looks FA-BU-LOUS! My favorite lip combo so far!

on 2/17/2009 5:26:00 PM

I love this lipstick! I put a nude pink lip gloss over this because alone it looks a bit concealer-ish. But you can always dab this on without gloss and it will look fabulous!! I did a blue eyeshadow with this and it looked fabulous but this goes with any color! It is my HG lipstick! Buy this, you won't be dissapointed.

on 2/15/2009 9:54:00 AM

Beautiful color, glides on well as long as you have exfoliated and conditioned lips but the staying power is horrible. Be prepared to re apply this every 10 minutes and dont even think about eating or drinking with this on. It will disappear in a heart beat.
Like I said, the color is gorgeous so I will repurchase it until I find another brand with a similar color with more staying power.

on 2/9/2009 11:25:00 PM

I really love Creme d' Nude. The color is really the perfect nude (pinky peach balance) and the texture is just luxurious - I love putting it on. You really do have to watch out as this can definitely look milky if you have too much pigment to your lips and will absolutely make your lips look frightening if you have any dry patches, but it's hard to expect more from a nude that isn't completely matte.

EDIT: fallen out of love, washes me out and I do not dig the nude + shine thing going on.

For reference, I'm an NC37-40 with non-pigmented lips. Well, I really like creme d nude! I usually use fleshpot lipstick, but it's too much hassle to apply everyday as you can't just swipe it on your lips and go...needless to say, creme d nude is a lot less hassle to apply, I just apply some lipbalm then swipe this ontop. It goes on very smoothly and doesn't dry out my lips.

The colour is really gorgeous - it's like a light pink with a very slight touch of peach, and very very subtle shimmer. Perfect nude lip and flatters my olive skintone nicely. The finish it leaves isn't glossy, but not matte - like it says, just a 'sheen'. It really does look nice and goes great with a darker eye.

I would highly recommend this, although I hate that MAC lipsticks are so expensive (they used to be 10 but have risen to 11.26!! And we're supposed to have a 2.5% VAT reduction?! W/e)...but it's a price I'd pay for a lipstick like this. Oh and I forgot to add - the lasting power isn't good because of the formula, hence 1 knocked off lippy. You have to reapply really often throughout the day.

UPDATE:- Hmmm...you really need to exfoliate/moisturize your lips before applying this. It highlights makes my lips look flaky/dry if I don't now. Also, it's now started to dry out my lips so bad, even with lipbalm underneath...honestly, the other day my boyfriend asked why my lips were bleeding! They'd turned bright red and were soooooo sore. I only wear this lippy on special occasions now. Knocked off another lippy :( But it's still a gorgeous colour!

on 2/1/2009 3:22:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I love this lippie! I thought that brew was going to be perfect for me but creme d'nude is even better. I think that creme d'nude has more peachy undertones and brew is more pinky. I think that creme d'nude is perfect for the NC girls and brew might look better on the NW girls. Just my opinion. But both are great either way and very similar but for those girls that loved brew and could not get because it's LE try this. I think you won't be disappointed :)

Popular Lipsticks